Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 10

Powers-lead

Powers: Stream NYCC Panel Today, First Look at Eddie Izzard as Wolfe

Powers-lead

Brian Michael Bendis's Avatar Posted by on Oct 10, 2014 // Executive Producer, Powers

UPDATE: Here’s the first trailer for Powers!

Hello again!!

Powers poster

This is Brian Bendis, the executive producer of the PlayStation original series Powers and co-creator of the comic book series the show is based on.

I am broadcasting to you from New York City where we are just a day away from our Powers panel at New York Comic Con.

For those of you who don’t know, Powers is an original series that will be available free for PlayStation Plus members. And it’s produced by Sony Pictures Television, the talented studio behind Breaking Bad.

Powers tells the story of homicide detectives Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, who are ordinary detectives working on cases that just so happen to involve people with extraordinary powers. As we speak, the show is filming in Atlanta under the showrunning genius of Charlie Huston, the critically acclaimed crime novelist. Every day I get to sift through the footage from the day before and every day I smile ear to ear because the show looks so good and the actors are giving amazing performances.

I can’t wait to share this show with all of you – the comic book and gamer communities. So this Saturday at New York Comic Con, we’ll be debuting the very first trailer for Powers — including exclusive footage from the show! Tomorrow, the brilliant actor Eddie Izzard himself will give you insight into his role as one of the most terrifying villains you’ve ever seen on screen: Wolfe. As a special treat, here’s a sneak peek of Eddie as Wolfe, a Power who has been pushed beyond the edge of madness.

Powers - Wolfe

So, for everyone coming to New York Comic Con we’ll see you this Saturday at 1:15pm Eastern for the Powers cast signing where you can get the brand-new, hot-off-the-press, exclusive Powers poster you see at the top of this post — for free!

At 3:15pm I’ll take the stage for the very first time with Powers cast members: Game of Thrones’ Noah Taylor, Detective Deena Pilgrim herself Susan Heyward, Logan Browning who plays Zora, Olesya Rulin who plays Calista, the young girl at the heart of the series, and of course Eddie Izzard.

I’ve been making comics and graphic novels for many years, so I can tell you firsthand that panels like this are a lot of fun. For those of you who can’t make it all the way to New York for our panel, you will be able to watch the panel streaming live right here!

I know many of you are eagerly awaiting the show and have been all over social media telling us as much… thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you like what you see — just note that what we’re showing is only a teeny tiny taste of what we have coming.

Be sure to check back after the show, when I’ll give you my wrap up report on everything that happened at New York Comic Con.

+ Anndrej on October 10th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

It’s so close, I can almost smell it.

With this kind of source material, Powers has the potential to be among the best things on TV. I still can’t believe I’m getting the whole season for free with Plus.

Keep on rockin’, Bendis, you’re a super cool dude.

Brian Michael Bendis's Avatar

+ John Koller on October 10th, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

We’re excited too! Hope you enjoy the ComicCon panel. Spent time on set this week- it’s an epic production!

+ radhika07 on October 10th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

wow !!! power !! super game!!
it rocks xo xo!

+ HebrewHammer on October 10th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Don’t spend so much time talking about TV shows next E3, alright guys? Alright.

+ drpepperdude100 on October 10th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

This show seems really interesting. Can’t wait!

Brian Michael Bendis's Avatar

+ John Koller on October 10th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

If you’re a fan of deep, rich storytelling- much like many of our games- you’re going to love Powers.

+ Omni937 on October 10th, 2014 at 9:39 am said:

Awesome I can’t wait for this.

+ vongruetz on October 10th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

Eddie Izzard?? That’s awesome! Can’t wait to find out more about the show.

Brian Michael Bendis's Avatar

+ John Koller on October 10th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

Eddie is amazing. Wait until you hear him speak on tomorrow’s panel. He’s the perfect villain for this show.

+ Matrix_Lion on October 10th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

After reading this article. This show has my attention.

+ mikeylowlow on October 10th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

I think this might be awesome

+ lonflobber on October 10th, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

I was confused and unimpressed with Sony first announced this, but now that I see that Charlie Huston’s helming it, I am thoroughly excited. The Henry Thompson trilogy was superb.

+ Remmy8199 on October 11th, 2014 at 12:46 am said:

So when’s this actually coming out? It seems interesting, but I haven’t really been following the news for it that closely.

+ Butters360 on October 11th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

That was a pretty cool panel. Look forward to watching it.

+ Elvick_ on October 11th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Looks awesome.

+ Rukia on October 11th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Wasn’t paying attention to this but I remember hearing about it at E3. I’m impressed by the trailer, nice

+ vongruetz on October 11th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

Wow. I had no idea what this show was going to be about, and then I watched the trailer. I’m officially excited to watch this one.

+ kloparen on October 11th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

Will I be able to see it living in Sweden?

+ Kchow23 on October 11th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

Wow I ignored this and was annoyed by it at E3, but had this trailer been shown then I wouldnt have minded it. Genuinely looks like a cool show that I will watch.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on October 11th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

That looks HORRIBLE.. it honestly looks like a fan made indie series. It looks even more low budget than the stuff on Syfy channel. I had nothing but excitement for this show.. until I finally seen the trailer….

+ honkayjeezus on October 11th, 2014 at 8:13 pm said:

Is this where the Driveclub servers money is going, Sony? And you get ten people total to positively respond?

Put up the Driveclub PS Plus edition for offline play, Sony ! Do the right thing, Yoshida?!!!

+ thebgj on October 11th, 2014 at 11:01 pm said:

This looks horrible. But its free, i will watch the first 2 episodes and report back.

+ buczanova on October 12th, 2014 at 1:15 am said:

Will this be available to ALL PS plus members or only for those living in US?

+ PanTheMan16 on October 12th, 2014 at 3:20 am said:

I admit I had zero interest in this, because I’m not into comics and far less into the idea of a series based on a comic, but then I saw Eddie Izzard. That’s a big, fat win and now I can’t wait to check it out!

+ rmellison on October 12th, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

Looks really promising! I can’t wait.

+ DelicaGunz on October 12th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

if done right this show will be spoken about and be as popular as the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and so on.

+ TmF1979 on October 12th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Is this gonna be one of those things that Canadian PSN/Plus members don’t have access to?

+ left4breadFTW on October 12th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

This looks amazing … ly bad.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on October 12th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

Looking amazing. It looks way better than I thought it would. I hope this will be available to Canadians too (as I am from Montréal) on PS+.

^_^

+ Enigma777 on October 12th, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

Wow, that trailer was very… not good. Hopefully the full show is of higher quality. Think I’m going to go ahead and lower my expectations though.