Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Oct 10

tales-promo

Tales of Hearts R Out 11/11 on PS Vita & PSTV, Pre-order Detailed

Grace Liu's Avatar Posted by on Oct 10, 2014 // Associate PR Specialist, BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc.

We are making Tales of Hearts R’s November 11th launch on PlayStation Vita something to remember! The latest western JRPG release in the long standing ‘Tales of’ series will be compatible with PlayStation TV! Many of you asked for such a feature and we are more than happy to make the PlayStation TV’s launch even more awesome.

That’s not all however! In the tradition of previous ‘Tales of’ releases, we are happy to reveal more info on our pre-order promotion and Digital Limited Edition in the Americas! Pre-order Tales of Hearts R in the Americas from participating stores and get a classic ‘Tales of’ costume set with outfits paying tribute to a range of previous ‘Tales of’ games on launch day! This exciting content will be included as a digital bonus while supplies last.

Tales of Hearts R

If you’d rather get the game digitally, you can buy the Digital Limited Edition on the PSN and get the same six awesome costumes! But don’t procrastinate, because the Digital Limited Edition will only be available until the end of November.

Save the date: Tales of Hearts R is coming to PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV on November 11th!

PAGE 1 2

+ mancub194 on October 10th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Day One Buy here!!

+ jibjab79 on October 10th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Day Two Buy here!!

+ AliciaDarky on October 10th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

I’m really glad you keep bringing Tales of games to the PlayStation family.
THANK YOU!

+ ROXASORAMARCO on October 10th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

The post says November 14th but the picture says November 11th! D:

Grace Liu's Avatar

+ Grace Liu on October 10th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

We apologize for the confusion. The Nov 14th date was the European release date and the post has been fixed to reflect the Nov 11th release in the Americas! Sooner the better :)

+ Matrix_Lion on October 10th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

PlayStation TV you say? Let me pre-order this game too.

+ BahumatIsBack on October 10th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Does this game have full English support meaning both text and audio? No buy from me if it has anything even remotely not localized. That’s a lazy habit of some recent games and it needs to just stop

+ Silver_shion on October 10th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Repede costume ?
They killed him :( ?

+ KazeEternal on October 10th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

:-D I have no words for how i feel. I hope an emoticon is enough.

+ Monterossa on October 10th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

can’t wait to play as “Kor Meteor”.

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 10th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

Oh nice, gimme!!!! :) Really looking forward to this!

+ EXTREME_rkmn on October 10th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

I wouldn’t have bought this before, but now that I can play it on a TV with a DS4, I definitely will!!!! So stoked for PSTV!!!!!!

+ Mando44646 on October 10th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

wooo the only game since Borderlands 2 that is actually getting my money at launch on Vita! Nice to actually have a game to play on it

+ TeamGreen615 on October 10th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Just preordered it on Wednesday. This will be my first Tales game sadly but since its on the Vita its a must buy. I get more time on my Vita than any other console. Thanks for bringing this to our awesome handheld!

+ mrkingdomhearts on October 10th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

GameStop exclusive limited copys I need to hurry……>_<

+ Ej_3000 on October 10th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

I’m getting this day one and then another one just to have in mint

+ wounded-dragon18 on October 10th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Man between this, Freedom Wars, and minecraft my vita may be my must used console(handheld) this winter.

+ Rezolution77 on October 10th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

Thank You Bandai.
You guys have helped make my Vita worth owning for more than PSone classics, and Indie titles.

Now if we could get better pricing on digital sales, as I prefer to own, and not trade in or resell my purchase once I am through playing it.

I would think you would have more being made from digital.
Just look at SOA, and it has only been out a month with no discount.

I will be waiting for a future sale to pick these up, but be sure I will when they aren’t $40 bucks for PS2 graphics.

+ Pabloo1010 on October 10th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

:O Retail copies too? Can i pre-order on Amazon? :D

Grace Liu's Avatar

+ Grace Liu on October 10th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

The retail version will be sold exclusively at GameStop in the US and EB Games in Canada!

+ cman199 on October 10th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

already pre-ordered from way back in March

+ Elvick_ on October 10th, 2014 at 1:01 pm said:

Thank you Bamco.

Please bring us Digimon Cyber Sleuth at retail. And Innocence R. Seems SAO did well, despite the Asia Engrish. And One Piece seemed to do well too.

I am sure this will do well too.

@18: No, it’s exclusive to Gamestop/EB Games.

+ Folklore_Legendz on October 10th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

I’ll get the digital version, but it would be nice if Namco can get amazon on board to distribute physical copies as well.
also please Namco! we need digimon cyber sleuth, I will go as far as to double dip.

+ Elvick_ on October 10th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

@6: No dub. Why bother? The cost isn’t worth it, you are a minority.

+ subsamuel01 on October 10th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

See a lot of third party titles on PSVita like Tales, but where are the damn first party titles. Last one we got was Teraway and that was almost a year ago.

+ lisatsunami on October 10th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

The digital version has same bonus costumes?! Yay! I much prefer digital for Vita games. Thank you, Bandai, but of course I will buy any Tales game anyway.

I will definitely be trying this on my PS TV, too. Thank you for supporting that.

Now, if I can only stop playing your other game, Dark Souls 2….

+ sockerps on October 10th, 2014 at 1:32 pm said:

Preordered! Thanks for the Japanese audio and PSTV support! That was exactly what I was looking for!

+ Nerroth on October 10th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Good to see more Vita and PSTV support on the way.

On a side note, has Bandai Namco North America been keeping tabs on the recently-announced Sword Art Online: Lost Song? it’s due out for Vita and PS3 over in Japan next year, and I’m hoping that the chart-topping success of SAO:HF on both sides of the Atlantic might help make localizing the next game in that series (and for both platforms) more viable an option for Bamco to consider.

+ PiotrRasputinBR on October 10th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

Sold.

+ death_nation100 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

I’m buying!

+ pikmin44 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Definitely getting this! But now I have to decide between getting for my Vita or PS TV…

+ ahrouncrinosxiii on October 10th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Day one for sure!!! Those Caius and Repede outfits <3 What about some Innocence R love too? :)

+ Rezolution77 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

@22 minority how?

Love SOA, and would have probably bought had it not sold so well.
But how do you even know?

Some love the game well enough not to even care.

That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t or aren’t holding off buying it because of.

+ pikmin44 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

Oh wait, if I get a physical copy of the game I can play it on Vita AND TV. Forgot about that.

+ Rezolution77 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

I know for a fact after watching both versions of SOA, that I can appreciate the artwork much better without glancing down every couple seconds to read subtitles.

Now the translations and the voicework have varied it some, true.
But I can spend more time actually watching it.

I am pretty sure the minority are those like yourself, which is why japanese anime has taken years here in the states to catch on.

+ remanutd5 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

I hope pstv is a huge success so we can get more psvita games.

+ jonjon0890 on October 10th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

I hope Tales of Vesperia (the PS3 version – I know it’s a little too late) gets a western release eventually whether it is a digital copy and/or physical copy for the PlayStation Brand ( w Eng subs with Jap audio).

+ gerneric123 on October 10th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Is PSTV that 3D thing Sony was hawking a few years ago?

+ vladwolf-_- on October 10th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

the game will come to America in Spanish?

+ TrestepianYop on October 10th, 2014 at 4:11 pm said:

its a shame all the merchandise that is lost of a continent to another. take a look to this video from this limited edition of this game in japan a year ago.

why can’t we have a package like that?

+ SNORLAXex on October 10th, 2014 at 4:32 pm said:

That Repede costume looks niiiiice!

+ FearMonkey on October 10th, 2014 at 4:33 pm said:

Wow. Patty costume. Just keep twisting that knife that we didn’t get Tales of Vesperia on PS3 in NA. :(

+ osdudu on October 10th, 2014 at 5:00 pm said:

Thanks BandaiNamco for ToHR supporting PS TV.

+ StitchsBox on October 10th, 2014 at 5:13 pm said:

Can I play this enjoying the voices of Shizuka Ito and Marina Inoue…. or is this an Dub?

+ therob21 on October 10th, 2014 at 5:25 pm said:

Can’t wait to get this one! Got it preordered and everything. Bought myself a Vita just to this game and I’m soooo happy!!

+ therob21 on October 10th, 2014 at 5:25 pm said:

+ Ahkiva on October 10th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

I can’t find where to pre-order this digitally

+ saintaqua on October 10th, 2014 at 5:43 pm said:

Thank you for supporting Vita. It’s my favorite handheld ever and I’ve had this game preordered since it was available!

+ Megrim23 on October 10th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Gonna be GREAT having a Tales game to play on the go!

+ Pabloo1010 on October 10th, 2014 at 6:10 pm said:

Thanks! @Grace Liu !

+ blue_flare9001 on October 10th, 2014 at 6:16 pm said:

Thanks for listening! Had it pre ordered at GameStop for months now! Just got to pick it up Day 1.

+ MX-Arekku on October 10th, 2014 at 7:05 pm said:

First of all, I really want to thank you Grace Liu and all the team at Bandai Namco for listening to your fans and bringing this game to the Playstation Vita to the Americas, now i really have a question that i really hope you can answer.

I pre-ordered the game through your official store page (bandainamcogamesstore) since I prefer to pay with my Amazon account rather than pre-ordering through Gamestop, but I am concerned since you made no mention of pre-ordering the game throguh this method, and only mentioned that the physical retail copy would only be available on Gamestop.

So my question is, pre-ordering through your official store gives you the pre-order bonuses, or is it only Gamestop exclusive?

Thanks in advance.