Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Oct 24

costumequest2

Costume Quest 2 Out 10/28 on PS4, PS3

Casey Lynch's Avatar Posted by on Oct 24, 2014 // VP Publishing, Midnight City

Hey guys, Casey Lynch from Midnight City here. I gotta tell you, I’m really excited for October. It’s that time of year when the wind chills, the scary movies start playing on TV, and tombstones start appearing in front yards. Halloween is almost here! And this year, that means something truly special on PlayStation: Costume Quest 2!

Yes friends, the Midnight City team and the folks at Double Fine have worked tirelessly in the candy mill preparing the game for PS4 and PS3, and we’re happy to announce that Costume Quest 2 will be available on both PlayStation platforms just in time for Halloween on Tuesday, October 28th.

Even better, PlayStation players will receive a special treat with it: Sackboy!

We worked with the super cool people at Media Molecule to create a special Sackboy costume that PlayStation fans can wear around town and take into battle.

Getting a character as well-known as Sackboy into our game was no small feat, we’re really glad it worked out and appreciate all the help from the always-awesome PlayStation and Media Molecule teams. You guys are the best!

Anyways, that’s it for now. We have a ton of new trailers showing off gameplay and new costumes, you owe it to yourself to check them out. We’ll be hanging around the comments to answer any questions.

PAGE 1 2

+ WAHDAWi-UAE on October 24th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

yaaaaaay sackboy

+ supersmith2500 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Will this get a EU release next week? It’s not on the EU blog.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

We’re working with Sony Europe to finalize the release date, we should have some news very soon. And to be clear, the release date news today is for North America only right now.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Hey guys, it’s Casey from Midnight City! I’ll be hanging around for a bit, let me know if you have any questions about Costume Quest 2!!

+ Jawshoeahhtree on October 24th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Are we possibly going to see a port of the first Costume Quest on PS4? That would be fantastic! Also what about a Vita version of both?

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

We’ve talked about it, there’s a lot to it in that the game is now 4 years old and the engine it was developed with has gone through many, many changes. In some cases, there’s parts of the game that would have to rebuilt from the ground up. So anyways, without too much technical detail, we agree it would be super duper fantastic, and we’d love to do it.

We’ve also thought about bringing CQ2 to Vita, we’ll be watching how the game does on home consoles, if people are into it and there’s enough demand we’d definitely really consider doing it!

+ awg0926 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

How much will it cost?

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

$14.99 :)

+ madmanwithabox12 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Vita version would rule all. That’s all I’ll say.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Totally agree

+ AmericanNinja1 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Awesome news! How much will it be?

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

$14.99

+ Roaming_Ryu on October 24th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Is this cross-buy? Regardless, this will be a Day 1 purchase.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

No, it’s not cross buy. And YES to day 1 purchase :)

+ visual_pollution on October 24th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

I would definitely love a Vita version. A CQ Collection (1&2) on Vita would be even better.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

You’ve got our vote!

+ magicfan345 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Sweet! My kids will be excited to watch and play this, we really enjoyed the first Costume Quest.
About how long will this game be ? Will there be trophies, with a platinum ?
And definitely please bring it to Vita!

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Yeah my kids love it! It’s about 6-8 hours to get through the first time, more if you want to complete everything in the game. There are trophies, though there is no platinum. We’d love to bring it to Vita, we’ll see :)

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

Loved the original. Bought the DLC, too. Would frankly have to be feeling the Halloween spirit a bit more to jump at $14.99, though I’m sure it’s worth every penny.

Cheers, guys. I know I’ll be buying your newest game sooner or later. :)

+ m7419 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

The first game was a lot of fun. I thought it’d be a strictly kiddie game but I was soon proven to be mistaken. Definitely going to be picking up CQ2.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

SWEET!

+ tusunami on October 24th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

I haven’t played the first one but this is an amazing game that I have to get around to playing very soon!!!!!

+ Megrim23 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

I enjoyed the original Costume Quest on PS3. I never completed it due to a bug that made me not able to journey further late in the game but it was still fun. I’m sure I will be buying this for the PS4 but I’m gonna have to wait for reviews & player bug checks.

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Hmmm, weird, sorry you got stuck in the first game. Yeah, there’s no reports of anything game-breaking like that in CQ2, the early reviews are in and people are having fun with the game.

+ daggerjane on October 24th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

Yay! I loved the first game and I’m really excited to spend Halloween playing CQ2 while I wait for trick-or-treaters :D

+ TBShark on October 24th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

I am not a fan of turn based RPG, but I loved the first one when it came out on the PS3. Looking at this one it will be just as fun…I will have to echo Megrim23’s sentiments and will probably be purchasing this one as well…and just in time for Halloween.

Munchin on some Trick-or-treat Candy + Playing Costume Quest 2 = Total Win.

+ Neil on October 24th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Loved the first game. Will buy this.

+ Chesskid1 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

will the first game on PS3 be going on sale for Halloween?

+ jhernandez360 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

What dualshock 4 features did you use?

+ halloween014 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

No Playstation Plus discount??

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Not at this time, no.

+ djsaiyan on October 24th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Yeah, I’m gonna be buying this and Freedom Wars next week.

I would also like to chime in with my hope that it comes to Vita. I’ll totally double dip for that.

+ kivi95 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Ofcourse it won’t release next week for Europe. SCEE sucks with it’s QA test that takes forever…

+ JCFreak80 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

The Steam version of CQ2 had pre-order exclusive costumes. Will the PS3 & PS4 versions have these available?

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Anything’s possible :)

+ ZQuestion on October 24th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

This will be top priority for me to buy,download and play on Tuesday.. Perfect series for Halloween for all ages.

+ jrodfantastic on October 24th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

This might be my only opportunity to say “I can’t wait to smack some grubbins with my candy pail” and not get immediately arrested.

+ dragonmagician on October 24th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

No bonus for people that played the first one?

And another vote for a vita version!

+ icespide on October 24th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

will this be eligible for the spend $100 get $15 promo?

+ Casey Lynch on October 24th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Good question, I’ll ask.

+ nextleveltaken on October 24th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

It’s about time!

+ TheVila on October 24th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Will there be a sale on the original to coincide with the release of this one?

+ Rezolution77 on October 24th, 2014 at 11:50 am said:

1.Why not Vita?
2.Why no sale on Costume Quest this year? Oh wait, now I see. To pay full price for the sequel.

With that kind of sales tactic, definately will be waitng untill next year without trying the first.

+ SeanStrange on October 24th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

Loved the original. It was actually quite a surprise hit! I’ll check out the sequel if I hear good things about it.

+ SpyDudeFX on October 24th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

how are the trophies? Anything super tedious?

+ CrimsonDream24 on October 24th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

Absolutely ADORED the first game. Halloween is my favorite time of the year and the first game captured the spirit of it really well. Without a doubt this is a day 1 purchase for me and I just hope I love it as much as I did the first!

+ TERWALLACE on October 24th, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

Hey, quick question about old saves. Is there anything bonuses or story wise that happens if you have a Costume Quest 1 save file? Curious as I’m prolly gonna buy it on PS4, but would consider PS3 if that were the case.

+ BoltZilla on October 24th, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

Bummer on no PS+ Discount and lack of Cross Buy. Still a Day 1 purchase here though!

+ RetroDaddySlim on October 24th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

Finally a decent ps3 psn game.
We need more of those.
Day 1 purchase for me. :)

I hope Teslagrad ps3 is finally released, sitting at sony side for months.

+ fijski8 on October 24th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Yes!!!! Part 1 and Grubbs on Ice were Epic! Even my kids played the games. Thank you for making part 2!! Can’t wait! You should have sony give part 1 out for ps+ just to get people to get this version.

If you like JRPGs, Halloween, Good Graphics, Awesome game engine! This game is for you!
Thank you!!! W@@t! Can’t wait!

+ TimMalouff on October 24th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

Should of had the first game part of the Halloween Sale

+ tonydamiani on October 24th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

YES! I loved the 1st game and the DLC on my PS3. I cannot wait for this to arrive! (Dying here) lol

:D

+ dkarlowicz10 on October 24th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

I loved the first Costume Quest and can’t wait for this one. I would love to see Costume Quest 1 and 2 come to PS VIta, would gladly buy both. I don’t know that you guys work with Double Fine, but it would be great to bring The Cave and Broken Age to Vita as well.

+ Elvick_ on October 24th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Why doesn’t this take place after the cliff hanger ending of the grubbins on ice DLC?

The Sackboy costume is awesome. Vita release would be swell.

+ DelicaGunz on October 24th, 2014 at 4:02 pm said:

I love the teamwork of developers helping one another out with Special costumes. I love this community!!

+ Grocerspride on October 24th, 2014 at 4:08 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this to finally drop! The Sackboy costume is a totally sweet bonus!

+ Armi-Heavy on October 24th, 2014 at 4:13 pm said:

I love this game, I hope the release date it is the next week in Europe, is perfect to play in halloween and also I wish a halloween theme for PS4 xD

+ FreddyGPaulsen on October 24th, 2014 at 5:14 pm said:

You simply can’t screw us EU residents by release this kind of game BEFORE the 31th of october in the US and AFTER the 31th in the EU, you simply can’t.

I realy hope you submitted the game to EU QA at least two weeks before submitted the game to US QA, because EU QA takes that much longer. As a (former) Telltale Games customer, I know..

+ Squiggle55 on October 24th, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

I am super excited about this game. I hope it lasts a long time. And I’ll take as many cut scenes as I can get. I just love this atmosphere and story. I think it would make a fantastic cartoon. I would gladly back it on kickstarter or something if you had the desire to turn this world into a movie.

+ Kedaro on October 24th, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

Awesome thanks, next time keep us posted on release dates please. My wife almost got the steam version instead. Not that steam is bad, but I want to keep all my games in one place.

+ mr_chun on October 24th, 2014 at 8:40 pm said:

Costume Quest and Stacking were two of my absolute favorite games from last generation. I loved them. Buying Costume Quest 2 day one. Would also rebuy any of the above on Vita (perfect fit for the handheld in my opinion). Would also sell my children to get Stacking 2.

+ madhatter564 on October 24th, 2014 at 11:04 pm said:

Finally, I was hoping their would be a sequel.

+ Rafi7234 on October 25th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

October 28: You’re really cutting it down to the wire! Replaying this game has been a Halloween tradition for me.
I only wish there were Vita versions coming out….

PAGE 1 2