PlayStation Vue

Oct 24

lostsea

Lost Sea Coming to PS4 in 2015

Aidan Price's Avatar Posted by on Oct 24, 2014 // Game Designer, Eastasiasoft

Hi Everyone, this is Aidan from Eastasiasoft. After months hidden away inside our volcano lair, deep inside the jungles of Hong Kong, we are ready to share a first look at our upcoming PS4 game Lost Sea!

Lost Sea is a 3D strategy action game that takes place inside a procedurally generated archipelago. It’s up to you to form a ragtag crew of survivors and explore the surrounding islands, hunting for resources to upgrade your ship and make your escape.

Lost Sea is set inside a cartoon B-movie universe, where an otherwise normal individual (You!) is transformed into an intrepid hero after a routine flight over the Atlantic Ocean ends in disaster, leaving you stranded on a mysterious archipelago located deep inside the Bermuda Triangle.

The world of Lost Sea is a dangerous and unforgiving place. Every island is filled with strange landmarks, a wide variety of deadly and exotic creatures, and powerful relics that can be used to your advantage. Often you’ll need to use your wits, as well as your machete, to escape dire situations and any member of your crew unlucky enough to get taken out or left behind won’t be coming back.

In order to succeed in Lost Sea you will need to balance the immediate needs of you and your crew with the longer term goals such as researching powerful upgrades and unlocking access to new areas. Short term goals include things like gathering food to restore health and stamina — a frequent necessity in a hazardous island environment. Whereas upgrades allow you to tailor the game to your playstyle.

Lost SeaLost Sea

For instance, do you want to give your crew members armor so they can survive longer or torches that allow them to gather materials and protect themselves at night? Maybe one of your crew members is great at hunting out powerful artifacts but can you risk sending him out alone at night while you guard everyone else?

We wanted to make a game that revolves around making tough decisions and with materials being so scarce it often leads to quite painful trade offs.

Another goal we had from very early on was to create a bright and colorful world that is different for every player. We procedurally generate every island, from the look and layout of the island itself, the critters and objects that can be found inside and its location in the overall archipelago.

Lost Sea

Getting that system up and running was a pretty gargantuan task and something that could fill up an entire blog post all on its own. We plan on going into much more detail about the mechanics and behind the scenes workings of Lost Sea as we continue development so keep an eye on our site for future updates.

For those of you lucky enough to live in and around Australia, we’ll be attending PAX AUS this month to show off a bunch of our existing titles and give people the first public demo for Lost Sea over at the International Indie Pavilion. For those of you who can’t make it to the show you’ll have to wait to play the game when it’s officially released in 2015, but we still want to hear your feedback and impressions! Get in touch with us in the comments section below.

+ DeMolay145 on October 24th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Sounds really awesome. My kind of game!

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

Thanks! We have more info on the game and some additional images over on our website lostseagame.com

+ muha_ronin on October 24th, 2014 at 8:19 am said:

Previously on LOST

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

haha, not sure if many guys on the dev team have watched LOST but I can see that :D

+ StealthReborn-- on October 24th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Eastasiasoft is taking a bunch of my money next year. Rainbow Skies, Solder X (Vita), now Lost Sea!

Do consider having Lost Sea on Vita though, seems like a perfect fit for it! :D

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Thanks :D Yeah, we’re huge fans of the Vita here in the office – we’ll see what we can do :D

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

+ Z3roDay on October 24th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Devs: this looks fun & absolutely gorgeous! I can’t wait to get lost in this world you’re building!

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Cheers man! Hoping to show off alot more footage and art soon :D

+ ArkansasRob on October 24th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Seriously considering a purchase, one question though. Does it include dinosaurs?

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Haha yup! If you scour the trailer you might catch a glimpse of one or two!

+ LukasTKP on October 24th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Must buy for me. I really love Don’t Starve – type of game, & the art here looks much more fun to play with. Should be consider vita ver as well.

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Awesome to hear, cheers! Yeah we like Don’t Starve here in the office too. Fingers crossed we’ll see what we can do about a Vita version!

+ NiroTheGreat on October 24th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

The art looks amazing and the overall concept sounds solid. I am excited to find more about this game, but it looks like a day one purchase for me. :)

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

Thanks man! We’ve got a bit more info and screens over on our site lostseagame.com. We’ll have more to share after PAX AUS :D

+ reza007022 on October 24th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

good i love this game… it amazing

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

Thanks :D

+ GrafUlrich88 on October 24th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

Hey Aidan,

I love the trailer of the game. This has a beautiful art style. I look forward to getting this at launch.

I wonder if you guys would consider making “Themes” and also “Avatar” pictures for the PS4 now that the Firmware 2.0 is coming out next week. I would love to have a “Dynamic Theme” of Lost Sea or another game or games you will be making for PS4.

Cheers!!!

Rob aka Graf

P.S. I met my wife in Hong Kong (she’s Filipino). We’ve been married over 19 years. I love Hong Kong it’s an awesome city.

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

Thats great to hear, thanks!

That’s not something we’d thought about it but it’s a great idea! I’m writing it down now :D

Oh cool – where about’s did you live? If you’re still in HK i’ll let you know if we’re having any public playtests. Are you on twitter?

+ Kazu_da_Stealth on October 24th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

This game looks absolutely amazing. I feel like I can spend hours playing this. I can’t wait for it already! :D Also thank you for considering a Vita release, a cross-play feature would be awesome. I’d never have to stop playing!

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Cheers, glad you like it! Yeah, cross-play is awesome, great for resource gathering on the way into work :D

+ digitalgoodtime on October 24th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

That was a dual prop plane. The second engine was perfectly fine and could have easily allowed them to continue flying without issue. I’m just being facetious. Looks like a fun game and am looking forward to it.

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

What! Our trailer guy assured me it was 100% accurate, i’ll be sure to let him know :D
    Thanks!

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Thanks!

+ jhernandez360 on October 24th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

looks cool what kind of dualshock features did you use

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

Thanks! We’re pretty big fans of the speaker, and the track pad is pretty much perfect for maps. Hopefully we’ll have more info on that stuff in the future!

+ GrafUlrich88 on October 24th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Hey Aidan,

I’m retired Air Force. I travelled to Hong Kong to meet my future wife who I married in 1995. She worked there for almost 4 years.

I loved the city and the culture. Chinese movies are some of my favorite. Actually I would recommend the movie “Red Cliff” and “Curse of the Golden Flower” and “Warriors of Heaven and Earth”

Hey if you have a PS4 acct send me a friend request. It would be an honor to chat more via PSN Chat.

Cheers!!!

Rob aka Graf

PSN: GrafUlrich88

P.S. I thought the “Themes and “Avatar” you create would be a great revenue for your company also let us fans show off our cool “Lost Sea” and other games made by you guys on our PS4.

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

Hey Rob,

Oh cool, yeah a lot of people get transferred here for work. I only moved here after the hand over so would be interesting to see what changed and what the same. It’s a great city :D

Thanks for the tip about the Themes and Avatars! Yup – i’ve got a PS4, will add you :D

+ andremal on October 24th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Great Trailer! I will keep this on my Radar for next year.

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

Thanks :D Yeah, we wanted to try and make something a bit more lighthearted for the trailer!

+ magicfan345 on October 24th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Looks pretty cool…. hopefully you’ll make PS3 and PS Vita versions, as those are what I’ve got….

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

We’ll see what we can do about the Vita version :D

+ Aloreth on October 24th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Hi Aidan,

I really like the look of this, so happy to find a game that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Looks like it will be a lot of fun to play :)

[Insert shut up and take my money picture]

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Hey, glad you like it :D

+ marcosplaysbass on October 24th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

3 games next year? you guys just want to take my money! not complaining i love you guys! rainbow moon is definitely my favorite game on the vita! please have a vita release so we can do cross save!

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Haha, yeah its going to be a busy year! Thanks, keep them peeled for more info :D

+ Aidan Price on October 24th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

+ SeanStrange on October 24th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

Looks pretty cool. I’ll be sure to keep this on my radar coming into 2015!

+ Amnalehu on October 24th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

Great looking game! I am anxiously waiting to get Lost at Sea! Better pack my PS4 before I leave!

+ dkarlowicz10 on October 24th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

I have a PS4, but I would also love to see this on the Vita so I can bring it with me everywhere I go. Looks awesome.

+ Elvick_ on October 24th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

Looks neat

+ Mobius2525 on October 24th, 2014 at 5:43 pm said:

Looks good will get it for ps4,hope you guys will make a vita version.

+ EmeraldLeviathan on October 24th, 2014 at 5:59 pm said:

I will buy this if it is released on Vita.

+ brecko25 on October 25th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

So you’re the ones behind Rainbow series? My pleasure :)
I second the idea of making this a VITA game too

+ focaldragonfly23 on October 25th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

@ Aiden I was about to say all communication hacked cause I read wronwrong I thought your name was Aiden pierce

+ Aidan Price on October 26th, 2014 at 8:25 pm said:

Haha, yeah. I get that quite a bit. Thanks a bunch Watch_Dogs!

+ theXsilentXchild on October 26th, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

Anyone else get that the beginning is a bioshock parody? That is awesome. Game looks good. Hope 2 play soon

+ alphagoku1 on October 26th, 2014 at 7:27 am said:

This is awesome. Definite day one for me, quick question though, what kind of multiplayer are you planning on having as yet?

+ Aidan Price on October 26th, 2014 at 8:38 pm said:

Thanks !

We’ve got a couple of ideas for different multiplayer modes that we’ve been experimenting with but we cant really go into too many details yet. Keep an eye out for news and updates on our site for more info though!

+ monone18 on October 26th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

This looks freakin’ awesome!!! Can’t wait to try it out in my Vita

+ Kang_81 on October 26th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

This look’s great, I’m a sucker for anything when the Bermuda Triangle is involved! I’ll add to the growing voice for hope on a Vita version as well but if not PS4 will do. I can just stream it to the Vita anyway. :)

+ tahsin_sutcuoglu on October 27th, 2014 at 11:55 am said:

You guys are becoming my favorite developer (well, excluding Naughty Gods). Another game that sounds right up my alley. Hope to see a Vita version.

+ yudiat2505 on October 27th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

this games has to be on the ps vita. I played rainbow moon on the ps3 but the feeling of being able to play grinding games on a portable device ps vita is totally different :).