Overwatch

Oct 26

Oct 26

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/28/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Goblins, ghouls, ghosts, and gremlins fill the streets. Candy flows like a river of sugar. People willingly terrify themselves. Halloween is creeping around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a shambling host of new games coming to PlayStation?

First up, Freedom Wars, coming to PS Vita. In the not-too-distant future, humans are born into incarceration. Fight for your freedom and wield insane weapons against hulking monsters. Team up with other players online, customize your character, and select a city to represent in your fight against imprisonment.

Not spooky enough for you? Not a problem. Costume Quest 2 hits PS4 and PS3 this week. This adorable RPG sequel has tricks and treats in abundance, with new environments to explore and even a Sackboy costume to use!

And if you’re just feeling a little overwhelmed by all this Halloween horror, belt out a few of your favorite tunes in SingStar, which launches this week on PS4. And you don’t even need a mic, actually. Just download the free SingStar companion app and turn your smart device into a glorious conduit of performance art. Or embarrassing karaoke. Either way.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation this week, head below. And enjoy Halloween and the Drop!

Battle Islands
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
The Unfinished Swan
WWE 2K15

New PlayStation Games This Week

Battle Islands
PS4 — Digital
It’s 1942, and deep in the South Pacific your platoon of crack troops lands on a tropical island, but can you defeat enemy forces and hold your ground to fight another day? You’ll need to act quickly in this action-packed, WW2-themed battle strategy game.
Blood of the Werewolf
PS3 — Digital
Become Selena, loving mother, devoted wife, and powerful werewolf. Take revenge on the monsters that have slain your husband and stolen your child, in this love letter to classic platformers. Seamlessly transform from human to werewolf in moonlight, as you shoot, slash, and smash your way through more than 30 enemies and five brutal boss arenas.
Costume Quest 2
PS4, PS3 — Digital
Trick, treat, and pick a fight with villainous dental soldiers in Costume Quest 2, the sweet sequel to Double Fine’s hit original, Costume Quest, that turned fans of all ages into candy obsessed crusaders. This inspired RPG adventure includes a range of new features and gameplay improvements to double the amount of mischievous fun.
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis
PS3 — Digital
Ready your guns, because the hunt is on. Classic action-adventure story set in exotic locations around the globe — Egypt, Arctic, and forgotten ruins of the Maya. Inspired by the novels of H. Rider Haggard. Levels full of traps, puzzles and hidden treasures.
Freedom Wars
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
In the not-too-distant future, atmospheric pollution has devastated the earth and resources have become scarce. Harsh new penal communities have formed in order to survive. The communities, known as Panopticons, battle to secure what precious few resources remain.
Home
PS4 — Digital
This horror adventure is a player-driven story that responds to your choices; taking cues from adventure games as well as side-scrollers, what happens in Home is entirely up to the player. As you make choices and even explore, the game changes in subtle ways to reflect your adventure.
#killallzombies
PS4 — Digital
In the distant future, #killallzombies is thrusting civilians into a sport of survival were a ravenous zombie population is unleashed in the name of sports entertainment. With the potential of a collective horde of over 1,000 zombies, television spectators vote upon how many and what kind of zombies or obstacles they want to uncage to make survival all the more harder for you to accomplish.
Lords of the Fallen
PS4 — Digital, Retail
The world trembles in fear as the Demonic Rhogar Legions re-emerge from their dark realm. Harkyn, a convicted criminal rejected by society, must face the Fallen Lords — in a quest to save humanity. Plunge into a fast paced action RPG with a complex and satisfying melee combat system.
MX vs. ATV: Supercross
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Rip, jump, and scrub your way around 17 tracks and try to cross the finish line first against more than 40 official riders and harvest all that motocross glory. Choose between bikes or ATVs, and play multiple game modes.
NBA Live 15
PS4 — Digital, Retail
NBA Live 15 arrives with photo-realistic visuals and 500+ core gameplay improvements delivering a truly fluid, fun and authentic basketball gaming experience. Reimagined visuals drop you courtside alongside the biggest stars.
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror
PS Vita — Digital
“Have you ever wondered what it feels to be a ghostly being?” You have always lived happily in your mansion. A mansion that you managed to obtain with a lot of hard work and many personal sacrifices. Naturally you don’t want anyone else to take care of it, not even in death! But now, after your demise, many tenants have taken over it, and this is intolerable to you.
SingStar
PS4 — Digital
Everyone’s got what it takes. Get your hands on the best party game for singers everywhere by downloading SingStar. You don’t even need microphones to play — just download the SingStar Mic app and your smart device will be transformed into a personal mic.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The Turtles are back in action against the evils of the world! Stop Shredder and his army of mutants as he threatens to unleash the power of a new Super Mutagen that could destroy their beloved NYC.
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops is an epic, bite-sized arcade shooter, filled to the brim with action-packed mini maps of mayhem! Take control of your tiny troopers as you battle evil adversaries from around the world with a multitude of weapons.
The Unfinished Swan
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Explore a mysterious all-white landscape by splatting paint to reveal the world around you. As Monroe, a 10-year-old orphan, you’ll follow a swan that’s stepped out of an unfinished painting and wandered off into a surreal, storybook-inspired kingdom.
WWE 2K15
PS3 — Digital, Retail
WWE 2K15 will introduce the most authentic WWE gameplay to date, closer than ever to what fans see on WWE TV. With a host of gameplay advancements, WWE 2K15 will bring the atmosphere of WWE to your home.

Demos and Betas

Blood of the Werewolf — PS3 Trial
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis — PS3 Trial

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4
Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

October 26th, 9:35 am

Have a great week!

Teflon02 said:

October 26th, 9:39 am

Can’t wait for Tuesday.
Freedom Wars and PS4 update :)

Optimizm said:

October 26th, 9:39 am

Beyond!

Avijit25 said:

October 26th, 9:40 am

Is Unfinished swan Crosbuy with Ps4-vita or with all three

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

October 26th, 9:49 am

It’s all three. If you’ve purchased it before, you’re entitled to it on all the PlayStation platforms. ^_^

RoII_chan said:

October 26th, 9:41 am

Freedom wars!!! the best hunting game ever!!!!!!!

MarshMarlou said:

October 26th, 9:41 am

YEY! Freedom Wars!! :)

silversly80 said:

October 26th, 9:42 am

Any idea of when Infamous 2 will be coming to PSNow for us PS4 owners? I’ve been looking everywhere for info on when they might add it. The only one in the series I haven’t played yet :-/

EliteJak said:

October 26th, 9:42 am

Freedom Wars! :D I want to look into Killallzombies as well, hrm.

menfis_c said:

October 26th, 9:43 am

What about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? I take it it’s only getting re-released for the 360?. I might pick up Costume Quest 2.

Alienzero2k1 said:

October 26th, 9:43 am

THANKS! hope that turtle game doesn’t suck like all rest of them lol

ForsakenCrown said:

October 26th, 9:43 am

The Freedom Wars hype is so real right now.

KIDIZNYCE said:

October 26th, 9:46 am

Looking forward to Freedom Wars. This is exactly why I own a PS Vita for phenomenal software to compliment Sony’s stellar handheld hardware.

DaWolf619 said:

October 26th, 9:46 am

I so wish Costume Quest was on Vita. NBA Live 15, interesting. Can’t be any more of a hot mess than NBA 2K15.
2K didn’t fix any of the issues from 14 and added even more issues. So frustrating.
Also, any word on Pre-ordering/pre-loading Rocksmith 2014 (PS4)?

Cat_Corye said:

October 26th, 9:46 am

Will Freedom Wars work on PlayStation TV?

Excalibur0123 said:

October 26th, 9:47 am

Quick question for you Ryan. I had bought the PS3 version of this way back, can I snag that PS4 version for free since i had bought it in the past? (I hope this goes for Journey too)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

October 26th, 9:51 am

Are you referring to The Unfinished Swan? If so, yes: if you bought the PS3 version, you get the PS4 version! ^_^

gohanrice said:

October 26th, 9:49 am

Are we not getting Run Sackboy Run this week?

SeanStrange said:

October 26th, 9:49 am

Really excited to play some Unfinished Swan again on Tuesday for the PS4. Everything else doesn’t interest me.

Lodi16B said:

October 26th, 9:49 am

Hey Ryan, Any news on that Minecraft Demo?

AceandLeonitix said:

October 26th, 9:51 am

Leonitix:Can’t wait for the PS4 update to put anime background. :)

MrBeatdown said:

October 26th, 9:52 am

So no upgraded version of GTA: San Andreas?

I heard the PS2 Classic was removed from the EU store and the other console’s marketplace. Now that other console has a new and improved HD version with achievements.

Was really hoping PS3 would get the same thing.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

October 26th, 9:58 am

OMG, demos. :D

KazeEternal said:

October 26th, 10:00 am

Freedom Wars work on PlayStation TV?

gerneric123 said:

October 26th, 10:01 am

Very mixed on whether or not I’ll buy Freedom Wars. The cold player reception from Japan has left me wary and given the genre, there’s going to be an expanded re-release that fixes many of its issues soon. But, this looks like it’ll be the last semi-notable game Sony releases on Vita, as everything else in the pipeline is a cheap port. I’m leaning more towards yes because with Sony, there’s no guarantee the expansion will even be on Vita.

OnesOwnGrief said:

October 26th, 10:01 am

For the $15 rebate promotion, can I still purchase items Tuesday and still gain credit towards that or should I spend it beforehand?

CaptainJeff87 said:

October 26th, 10:03 am

One of the best drops in a long time. Going to be picking up Costume Quest 2, TMNT and Tiny Troopers.

BTW do you guys have a price available for TMNT and Tiny Troopers? I’d assume TMNT would be $15 but since it’s also retail it’ll probably be higher.

KazeEternal said:

October 26th, 10:05 am

@23 Generic123

Gravity Rush 2 is not a cheap port and was in development last I heard.

MakoSoul said:

October 26th, 10:06 am

I might get Home or Freedom Wars if reviews are good, but I’m having too much fun with Bayonetta 2 to really consider turning on my PS4.

jimmyjam14810 said:

October 26th, 10:06 am

I thought home was coming also to ps vita if not then no buy for me.

jchill001 said:

October 26th, 10:09 am

I would get freedom wars but no dub means no buy

TeamGreen615 said:

October 26th, 10:12 am

Freedom Wars for me. I hope that most Vita owners will purchase this game so that Sony will see this is what we want. $29.99 is a fair price. Vita owners unite!

gerneric123 said:

October 26th, 10:12 am

@25 Sony never said the new Gravity Rush game is for Vita. In fact, it’s pretty clear the situation is the opposite. It’s a PS4 game. The first came out in early 2012 in Japan. There’s no reason for us to have so little information on a followup if it was still on Vita.

@26 That’s fine, Freedom Wars isn’t a PS4 game (yet) so you won’t have to turn that on!

@27 It’s coming to Vita next week. Don’t ask me why there’s a staggered launch like that.

duke301 said:

October 26th, 10:13 am

Battle Islands and Costume Quest 2 catch my eye. I’ll be picking these up, but after a few years with a PS3, I’ve long since learned never to buy anything on day one. They will both go on sale and/or will be included in Plus! soon enough. Come to think of it, I’m afraid to buy games on sale anymore, what with this whole practice of including games in Plus! shortly after they’ve been on sale. I guess this is just Sony’s way of ripping us off under the guise of offering free games every month.

themortalangel said:

October 26th, 10:15 am

*Knocks excitedly on Ryan’s virtual door*

Do you want to play some Vita
Freedom Wars sounds Great
This is going to be so much fun
Run n Gun
Look out there’s a monster in our way
We’ll get to use the Thorn
Grapple on Walls
Perhaps it’ll let us fly
Do you want to play some Vita
Or maybe PSTV
….Oh yeah “Hi!”

(To the tune of Frozen’s “Do You Want to Build A Snowman”)

I just felt like having fun. Can’t wait for this game!

…..BEYOND!

MakoSoul said:

October 26th, 10:17 am

@30 Ha, well played!

Salvation720 said:

October 26th, 10:19 am

Put dead island 2 back on saleee lol. I didnt get paid in time to snag it up when it was on sale >_< :(

TomHoang said:

October 26th, 10:19 am

Freedom Wars, Home for $3, and Costume Quest 2, this is a great week!

TheWintendoHii said:

October 26th, 10:26 am

@28 lol Alright, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Keep brining over these great Japanese Vita games Sony! There are plenty Vita owners that will support these games that doesn’t care about such trivial matters. This has been a great year for the Vita. Keep it up!

RetroDaddySlim said:

October 26th, 10:34 am

I ve been *****ing for months about absence of ps3 psn classic games.

Right now Im in heaven.

Got to get my wallet ready. Sooo many awesome games.

Been waiting for many of them since forever. :)

MrPonuraski said:

October 26th, 10:35 am

I’ll give Freedom Wars and all of its possible sequels for #Suikoden2onPSStore.

gerneric123 said:

October 26th, 10:38 am

@36 There’s nothing left to bring out of Japan, at least as far as Sony is concerned. Once Oreshika 2 launches, every Japanese SCE Vita game will be out globally. They, like the rest of SCE WWS, are done with the machine. As SCE seems deathly afraid of publishing third party Japanese games abroad, expect Freedom Wars to be the last time you see a Japanese Vita game with a SCE logo on the box, as Oreshika 2 is PSN-only. Heck, maybe you should expect Freedom Wars to be the last Vita game with a SCE logo on the box …

DecadanceFantasy said:

October 26th, 10:40 am

I’m excited about Freedom Wars! I hope it’s really good.
I just got Infamous Second Son so I’ll be playing that until FW comes out.
Also just wondering, when is Oreshika’s release date going to be announced. I’m still wanting to play that one. (I love RPG’s!)
Nice drop!

Remmy8199 said:

October 26th, 10:43 am

Looks like my wallet is safe this week. Might check out The Unfinished Swan eventually, but I seriously gotta hold off on buying stuff for a while. You guys murdered my wallet this month.

reyhassankhan said:

October 26th, 10:50 am

Beyond!Ryan my panopticon is los angeles wanna fight monnsters with me on tuesday!Anyone!

soundandvision77 said:

October 26th, 10:50 am

I like the new logo Ryan! Sorry if it’s not brand new this week, I must have missed it before, but it looks great.

Leviathan_502 said:

October 26th, 10:50 am

i have had rainbow moon on my ps3 forever. i never played it until the other night. i am so addicted to it now its not funny. i will be playing that before anything else. #classicsBEYOND

JillyDad said:

October 26th, 10:52 am

Wil there be any compatibility updates for Playstation TV? YouTube and Netflix would also be great.

Mando44646 said:

October 26th, 11:04 am

I hope Freedom Wars isnt too much like other crappy ‘hunting’ games like Monster Hunter. A demo would be appreciated since Im on the fence and don’t want to pay for a crappy hunting game

XPlSigma said:

October 26th, 11:05 am

I’m disappointing that God Eater 2 Rage Burst has no plans of being localized, but I’m super excited for Freedom Wars! Hopefully it scratches my God Eater itch, while adding on some new fun twists of it’s own!

iREVOLTER said:

October 26th, 11:13 am

Beyond! LotF and Freedom Wars.

gus_xl said: