PlayStation Vue

Nov 04

injustice-promo

Sneak Peek at PS4 Plus Lineup for December and January

Matthew Harper's Avatar Posted by on Nov 04, 2014 // Sr. Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hey PS Plus fans — we wanted to give you a sneak peek at our December and January PS4 free games lineup for Plus.

Before we reveal our PS4 lineup, we understand many of you are waiting for DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition to be added to the Instant Game Collection, and we apologize that the game is not yet ready to launch. We want you to know that we’re committed to providing DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition to members when it’s ready, and the Evolution team is working hard to make it a reality. In the meantime, we want to make sure you still have some amazing free games to play throughout the holidays, so check out the great lineup we have in store for you guys!

Injustice: Gods Among Us for PS3

In December, we’re excited to add Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos to PS4’s IGC lineup. As one of the biggest fighting games, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is the first AAA Blu-ray title to join the Instant Game Collection for PS4, and we think you’ll really enjoy playing it since DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition is not available yet. For January’s PS4 lineup, we’re adding the hit games inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper for PS4.

We hope you’ll enjoy this new lineup for PS4 over the holidays. Which one are you looking forward to most?

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ jluvsc on November 4th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

When will you fix the rest mode on the ps4?

+ Subsided_Assasin on November 4th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

So amazing. I imagine a lot of people are happy about you guys giving a retail game finally, i already bought if on psn for $8 but it’s great for everyone else. I love every other game coming for sure. Thanks Sony for being awesome…now fix the rest mode

+ DaniPotter on November 4th, 2014 at 12:23 pm said:

Awesome, I hope the PS3 lineup is just as good.

+ redemptivefrog on November 4th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

cool!

any of them cross-buy for PS3 and/or Vita?

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

Good news: The Swapper is a 3 way cross-buy – PS4, PS3, PS Vita!

+ jluvsc on November 4th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Please confirm Driveclub or any PS4 games will never work with logitech controllers the worked with the ps3.

+ marcosplaysbass on November 4th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

already own the swapper and its a great game I have been considering getting First Light and Injustice but now I don’t have to buy them :D sweeeeeeeeeet

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

You’re in for a serious treat, my friend!

+ BalmungTaichou on November 4th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

13 months I see what you did there to get more subs. Assuming day one plus subs from release.

+ Rockefellow on November 4th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

I’m glad I bought Injustice on sale a few months ago. Those three hours of entertainment it provided were definitely worth it.

+ Teh_AKOD on November 4th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Not bad I say. Hope to see some amazing games for us PS3 and Vita folks as well.

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:16 pm said:

Deal. You have our word that we’ll continue to provide our Plus members with a diverse and high quality selection of games across all three platforms.

+ Mega-Sackman on November 4th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Even if I consider October as a better offering than previous months, Dec-Jan seems like a step in the right direction. Glad to see that big games are coming to IGC, one mayor release and an Indie game seems the way that it should be to me.

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

Thanks so much for the feedback – we definitely take it to heart.

+ MarkakaJin on November 4th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

Injustice: Gods Among Us free for the PS4? Best birthday gift, thanks Sony!

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

Happy soon-to-be birthday!

+ CrackedClock on November 4th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

Finally something worthwhile.

+ TeknoBlast on November 4th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

This would be great and all as long as the console is working and not messed up by their weak updates. Thanks a lot.

Good thing I have the other console that’s working great.

+ BuriedSorrow on November 4th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

I love me some DC, but unfortunately I’m not big on fighting games, and I already own inFAMOUS First Light. I Iz SaD…

+ Syrlis on November 4th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

Injustice is an awesome fighting. No one will be disappointed with that, kudos! Surprised and delighted to see Infamous First Light is coming. Thanks for the sneak peek.

+ Subsided_Assasin on November 4th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

Dont reveal the ps3 and ps vita line up for December and January yet, i still need the excitement of a great game for free every month being announced

+ samv33 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

This may push my internal debate whether to get a PS4 this Christmas into the yes column for good.

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

There’s more announcements coming from us here at PlayStation that I suspect will help get you into the fold this holiday season ;)

+ tylerh1701 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

Awesome. I think November’s games are really good too (can’t wait to try Isaac for the first time and Frozen Synapse looks great) but these are some really awesome games to look forward to in December and January!

+ Slydevil13 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

That is a fantastic lineup! I cant wait to see what goodies we get on the Vita. Till then Ill be busy with Freedom Wars and AC:Unity.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

You’re most certainly welcome.

+ mrfrost1977 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

Im so excited… that I just bought Xbox One.Not paying for something broken…

+ Ashton85 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

This line up looks great!

+ BuriedSorrow on November 4th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Didn’t know what Secret Ponchos was until I looked it up… it looks neat though.

+ thebiglouie on November 4th, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

@4 redemptivefrog:

The Swapper is cross-buy PS4|PS3|Vita.

+ russdornisch on November 4th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Great job showing us a preview… I understand how hard this is to do since the sales on these games will go down as a result! Even though this month isn’t perfect, i love looking forward to those games!! Great job Sony, keep up the good work!

P.S. please fix rest and bring suspend mode… only complaint I have had since getting my PS4

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

We knew that we had to give our community an advanced preview of what to expect from Plus in the coming months. We definitely appreciate your patience.

+ MakoSoul on November 4th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

I already own Injustice (bought on sale in August) and Infamous: First Light (seems a little soon for this one), but I SUPER excited about Secret Ponchos and The Swapper.

As I have complained in the past, I would like to say thank you for the early preview and communication.

However, I also feel that it needs to be said that this appears to be a clear attempt to get all of the people who joined PS+ during Nov and Dec of last year when they bought a PS4 to re-subscribe. If this really was to make up for DriveClub, the month to start making up for it would be this month.

+ PooPface560 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Thank you. I swear my plus subscription has more than paid for itself..10x over, really.

Happy Holiday and love to you all,

Peace

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on November 4th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Right back at ya!

+ Raziel_IV on November 4th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Are you guys gonna have a birthday sale during november?

Knack and Shadow fall at $ 40 are way to expensive! they are in need of a big discount!!

Make it happen during the celebration! assuming there is going to be one!

+ Rirse on November 4th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Ugh, already have Injustice and Infamous so not looking forward to the next two month offerings.

+ AnoyoIkari on November 4th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Despite my remark on the November IGC. I am actually pleased with what December and beyond hold for IGC. Have something to look forward to from the IGC again; yay.

+ avanfreak23 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Well this is good news yet i already have Injustice and Infamous… but The Swapper and Secret Ponchos bring it on

+ DaWolf619 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Had an issue with rest mode, removed the disc that was in the drive, no more issues with rest mode.
Instead of whining, people need to try simple troubleshooting and you may find a fix all on your own. You can do it, I have faith in you all.
With that said, Injustice!! Can’t wait.

+ yrdr on November 4th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

I already own injustice and infamous first light but those who dont you are in for a treat. I can’t wait for secret ponchos and the swapper though. Hopefully the ps3 line up is as good as this one. :)

+ HammyHamfinger on November 4th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

Sure, give people AAA games when they need to renew (if you bought around launch and subscribed to PS+, you’ll have a decision to make soon) and then go back to same indie sidescrollers and shmups for the rest of the year.

Thanks, Sony!

+ meFreeman on November 4th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

I already have injustice, but its a great game! And its good to know about first light, now ill just wait for it! hahahah

+ Junson23 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

January is very nice for PS4! Very glad I didn’t buy First Light when it dropped (thought I was interested) and I’ve always been eyeing The Swapper!

+ Mando44646 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

Injustice and Infamous First Light! Nice. Maybe I’ll actually renew when my sub ends this year then. the last 4 or 5 months have been horrible, and Nov is particularly bad. I just hope Vita gets some good additions rather than more Indie crap

+ Remmy8199 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

You know, it would be really nice to get some rpg’s once in a while. Aside from Rainbow Moon I can’t remember the last time we got one of those on the IGC.

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on November 4th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

my rest mode is fineeee

+ olemissrebel77 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

Wow, super solid line-up :)

+ The_Codefinder on November 4th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

Interesting development.

+ MFJBAMN on November 4th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

AWESOME

+ Zezzler on November 4th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

So glad that I didn’t buy First Light when it initially released! Plus Injustice is an awesome addition too, I played it like crazy on PSVita.

+ jakekoloko001 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Awesome PS4 games !! I’m glad I didn’t buy any of those games. ..

+ D-Squad3 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

guess i don’t have to buy first light anymore.

+ IDsAreForWimps on November 4th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

That’s excellent news! I hope this is a sign of things to come where the meaning of “instant game collection” is more than just throw away indie titles.

+ SeanStrange on November 4th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

Glad Injustice is going to get some Playstation Plus newbies in the future. Can’t wait to wipe the floor with them.

+ cubbielovr on November 4th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

Very excited for Secret Ponchos and Injustice, and here’s to the Binding of Issac later today(raises glass of root beer)!

+ The_Codefinder on November 4th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

I guess Sony decided they needed to combat their own PS+ lineup of indies in November after the backlash from the leak, and/or help boost system and PS+ subscriptions for the holiday season. I’m hoping the PS3 and Vita games will have the same quality.

+ TRAVISHENDERSON5 on November 4th, 2014 at 12:49 pm said:

Now that’s what i’m talking about!! thank you Sony!!!

+ ATribeCalldDavid on November 4th, 2014 at 12:49 pm said: