Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nov 07

shadow

PlayStation Store’s Top Sellers: October 2014

shadow

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Nov 07, 2014 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

It’s top sellers time! Let’s see who ruled the PlayStation Store charts last month:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor led the charge on PS4 (and word on the street is it was well-deserved), with NBA 2K15 and Minecraft nipping at its heels. Slender: The Arrival and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel came in just behind the mighty Minecraft on PS3, and Freedom Wars made an extra-strong debut on Vita, especially considering it only had a few days to catch up after launching on 10/28. As always, head on over to the European PS.Blog to see how these games stacked up over there.

November’s looking pretty huge for game releases… who’s gonna come out on top?

PS4 Games
7 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
8 Nidhogg
9 Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
10 METAL GEAR SOLID: HD COLLECTION
PS Classics
1 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
2 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
3 Castlevania: SotN (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
4 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
5 Silent Hill (PS3/PSP)
6 Metal Gear Solid (PS3/PSP)
7 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
8 Mega Man X5 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
9 Vib-Ribbon (PSOne Classic)
10 Suikoden (PS3/PSP)

34 Comments   1 Reply

+ cubbielovr on November 7th, 2014 at 6:07 am said:

Just beat Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor last night. Amazing game, definitely worth the purchase.

+ vongruetz on November 7th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Sometimes it’s the small things that baffle me.

Why in the PS Classics column are some games listed as (PS3/PSP/PSVita) while others are (PSOne Classic) and others aren’t listed with anything? Why isn’t there any consistency? So is Vib-Ribbon not playable on a PS3/PSP/PS Vita? Is Symphony of the Night not a PSOne Classic? What gives??

+ ousoonerdave24 on November 7th, 2014 at 6:18 am said:

Nice. A broken game at #5. Never should have been released. Thanks for wasting my $$ Sony and Evolution. Karma came back to bite you with the forza killer talk. This game couldn’t even kill Mario Kart!

+ gus_xl on November 7th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

How come you never update the Top Sellers list in the Vita store?

+ Remmy8199 on November 7th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

So, when are we getting our money from the spend $100 get $15 deal? It’s the 7th already and I’ve still heard no word on it.

+ langdon on November 7th, 2014 at 6:41 am said:

@gus_xl I came to ask the same question. That list used to be quite useful.

+ croze___ on November 7th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

As Remmy8199 stated, Its the absolute last minute can we please get our $15 store credit now.

+ cronqvist on November 7th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

Nice to see Freedom Wars in the second spot. This is the game Sony’s marketing should have supported all October, and not the fiasco that was Driveclub. (Still waiting for a fixed version tho’. It looks really good when it works.)

+ jakekoloko001 on November 7th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

So where is my $15 SONY !!! I buy the evil whitin pre-order far cry 4 buy the walking dead season pass …

+ TwinDad on November 7th, 2014 at 8:19 am said:

Woah. Final Fantasy 7 isn’t on the PS Classics list for the first I can remember. Alert the Press!!!

+ fbutron on November 7th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

@3 you are crazy its not a broken game having more fun than the lame graphics and false inmersion with FH2.

The online is now working so Im having a blast with online races and beating leaderboards

+ fbutron on November 7th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

@3 Forza wish they coul kill at least Mario Kart

+ MUSIC-HEAD on November 7th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Konami! see that Sukioden in the top ten? Put Suikoden II up and we will gobble it up! :)

+ JamalVita_91 on November 7th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

I didn’t expect “Senran Kagura: SV” to be on the list, so it’s great to see it at #5. I really enjoy playing it, especially since I really enjoyed the anime for it (and I’m so glad I bought the limited edition, as well). It’s definitely more than just your typical “anime troupe, fan service” game. =)

Freedom Wars at #2!! It may not be #1, but it’s close enough, It was definitely worth the buy in my opinion at least. Anybody with a PS Vita/PS Vita TV would be CRAZY not to buy this gem of a game (if you can look past the whole “no english dub” thing, which I obviously can). Support this game, people! You won’t be dissapointed. ;-)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 7th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Remember, Freedom Wars made it to #2 even though it came out near the end of the month!

+ ousoonerdave24 on November 7th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

@11 The game is broken. You can’t even get platinum trophy yet because challenges are still down one month later. Wacting forever in lobbies just to get booted. time penalties when someone else slams into you. Multilayer ghost cars. Drift scores counting as speed scores. I can go on all day.

+ subadictos on November 7th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

SUIKODEN IN THE TOP TEN!!!!!

Konami, is your turn now: PLEASE, bring at last SUIKODEN 2 for my PS Vita!!!

+ iREVOLTER on November 7th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Lots of items on PS3 from Sale in TOP. Now give us great discounts on PS4!

+ ousoonerdave24 on November 7th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

Youtube glitch flying cars lol.

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 7th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Nice to see DriveClub up there despite all the launch problems. All the best to EVO in getting the problems solved. Mechanically a fantastic game!

+ Nerroth on November 7th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

The top two on the Vita list are pretty much what I might have expected (in that order), but it’s interesting to see SAO:HF holding up in third place.

If this iteration of the series can hold up so well after three months’s worth of listings, one hopes the needle on getting SAO: Lost Song over to the West next year would be that much more favourable.

(Not least since LS is already set to get an English release in Asia, and will be on PS3 as well as Vita.)

+ subsamuel01 on November 7th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Those Driveclub sales are surprising, might pick it up eventually when all the issues are resolved.

+ Welmosca on November 7th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Yeah I’m glad to see Mordor at the top of PS4 games,it was well-deserved indeed.
But I can’t believe people bought minecraft over The Pre-Sequel…Jesus.
Also although PS3 add-ons list are filled with CoD as always,I’m very surprised that Dark Souls 2 DLC is at the top instead of a CoD one,and I’m glad to see a Naruto DLC in the top 10(although those are a rip-off and people shouldn’t be buying it lol).
And MGS still rocking that PS Classics list….great cuz thats a true classic.

+ OneManArmyAndres on November 7th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

when is metal gear solid gonna be on the ps tv/vita store?

ps: dont mind me ill be here………..just waiting………………..for a Vita olli olli sale.

+ TsuneEmbers on November 7th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

Are we ever going to get some of those classics vita-compatible? I want Suikoden on my vita so bad. Really cool that it got tenth though, especially considering that.

Freedom Wars spot is impressive too, considering when it was released.

+ FJ1100_rider on November 7th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

I wonder which game will be number one for november on ps3 , shadow of mordor , assassins creed rogue or call of duty advanced warfare ? you have to imagine those will be the top 3 and that advanced warfare will be the top spot

@24 , all of them are psvita compatible except suidoken , you can’t download metal gear solid to a psvita but if you own a ps3 and download to the ps3 then copy to the vita it is compatible – never tried suidoken so I don’t know if this trick works for that game too ot not

+ dkarlowicz10 on November 7th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Looking at the Vita top list, i keep wishing that an NBA, GTA, Infamous, Resident Evil game appears on it an some point. Sony, any big name games for Vita for 2015? The line up is rather empty (compared to the other handheld). I am having a blast with God of War HD Collection. I wouldn’t mind seeing more HD games on Vita. Maybe San Andreas, Resident Evil 4, Kingdom Hearts, or Devil May Cry? Talk to Capcom, EA and 2K(Rockstar) and get them to come back to Vita.

+ shogun00 on November 7th, 2014 at 2:18 pm said:

@vongruetz

PS1 Classic = PS3/PSP only
Blank = PS2 classic (PS3 only)

+ laksoo00 on November 7th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

There seems to be a lot of anxious people waiting for $15 credit on the internet. I haven’t got it, either. Well, work time isn’t over yet. Some hours later We’ll know.

+ laksoo00 on November 7th, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

Got my 15$ code just now. So I’m good. Think I’ll take next event like this one, too.

+ spacemanandrew on November 8th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

how could garden warfare only get 11th, that games amazing, alot better than what i was expecting

+ MrPonuraski on November 9th, 2014 at 3:09 am said:

S U I K O D E N

Never forget.

+ Domi-Origato on November 9th, 2014 at 3:16 pm said:

Hey, Playstation!

Huge fan over here. Just want you guys to know that I NEED Digimon cyber sleuth to come over to the west. I mean, the game looks amazing! How could they not send it over here! We don’t even have the old school ps1 Digimon games! It seems like a great fit for my Vita.

Thanks

+ Ryuzaki57 on November 11th, 2014 at 3:54 am said:

Looking by the Vita chart, you guys in the US deserve a big thumbs up =)
wish EU had a top like this…

+ jaymzevanz on December 3rd, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

I have had a vita for over 6 months, why does the top 10 never update?
It has showed the same top 10 on psn since I’ve got it.