Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Nov 12

bloodborne-promo

Bloodborne Update: Now Launching March 24th

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar Posted by on Nov 12, 2014 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio

Bloodborne on PS4

Dear community,

It is with regret that I must inform you that Bloodborne will be slightly delayed.

While development continues unabated, we would like our team to deliver the best possible final experience. We were gratified by the feedback and data we received from those who participated in our limited Alpha test. The extra production time will also allow us to better integrate these learnings.

Bloodborne is now set to launch in North America exclusively on PS4 on March 24th, 2015.

Please look forward to some exciting Bloodborne news in early December. Thank you very much for your continued support.

PAGE 1 2

+ croze___ on November 12th, 2014 at 12:03 am said:

Geatness awaits….

+ djsaiyan on November 12th, 2014 at 12:16 am said:

Good. Dunno whose bright idea it was to release it in the same month as The Order: 1886, but that just struck me as a bad business decision.

Glad you’re letting your exclusives breathe a little.

+ Soruichi_Kitty on November 12th, 2014 at 12:25 am said:

I ain’t even mad.

+ Slackr on November 12th, 2014 at 12:28 am said:

Take your time! I’d hate to see it rushed to meet a deadline. I want quality and seems you guys do too :-)

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Masaaki Yamagiwa on November 12th, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

Thank you very much for your understanding. We appreciate your patience and are working very hard to meet your expectations.

+ gearhead32 on November 12th, 2014 at 12:38 am said:

This doesn’t bother me at all and with The Order out just two weeks later I can wait another month.

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on November 12th, 2014 at 12:39 am said:

damn i was waiting for this but its fine..

+ dogmanx23 on November 12th, 2014 at 12:52 am said:

It’s all good. That’s 3 exclusives in the span of 2 months.

The Order, Bloodborne and MLB The Show.

+ Blkant on November 12th, 2014 at 1:09 am said:

Take your time. Even though I look forward to this game above all, after the joy I had with Demon’s Souls, I’ll have complete patience to enjoy a game like that again. :)

+ Bloodios on November 12th, 2014 at 1:17 am said:

You better make it up to the fans by announcing a PS4 bundle ;P

+ themewtwo456 on November 12th, 2014 at 1:20 am said:

Honestly, this sucks but at least they’re letting their exclusives breathe. Releasing The Order, and Bloodborne on the same month was going to kill one, or the other. Maybe you could make a bundle??? ;)

+ DoMthyBoMb on November 12th, 2014 at 1:22 am said:

UMBASA

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 12th, 2014 at 2:25 am said:

Like everyone else has been saying I think this is good. Let your exclusives get some breathing space! Two victorianish games where both have warewolves in the span of 1 month would have been weird lol.

+ Anddo on November 12th, 2014 at 3:09 am said:

Take as long as you need to deliver a quality product.

+ LucasFla1 on November 12th, 2014 at 3:32 am said:

Microsoft: exclusives, exclusives,exclusives, exclusives…..
Nintendo: Mega exclusives, Mega exclusives, Mega exclusives, Mega exclusives, Mega exclusives…..
Sony: Delay, Delay, Delay…..

Geatness awaits….

+ straymblaster on November 12th, 2014 at 3:49 am said:

it pains me to admit, but thats the truth of it

+ UndeadRabbit93 on November 12th, 2014 at 4:32 am said:

I will support “From Software’s” decision. I believe most fans of the development team will be more than happy to allot them the time needed to create another masterpiece. We got your back guys, no rush! (Right in time for my birthday gift too <3)

+ wenger56 on November 12th, 2014 at 4:45 am said:

Thank you!!! I need some time to process all the awesomeness coming out!

+ perrandy on November 12th, 2014 at 5:26 am said:

just hope that you are not delaying this so to cut the game in pieces in order to sell us everything else a la DLC…..

+ GRPitta on November 12th, 2014 at 5:50 am said:

Yes, please take your time. Even if it needs to be delayed further again I wouldn’t mind. This is my most anticipated game and I want it to be the best possible.

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on November 12th, 2014 at 5:56 am said:

Greatness Awaits.

+ BuriedSorrow on November 12th, 2014 at 5:58 am said:

On my Birthday! Yay! Too bad I won’t be getting it, it looks hard, lol. I’m done with games that make me rage. It looks great though!

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Masaaki Yamagiwa on November 12th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

Happy upcoming birthday! :)

Hopefully you can at least give Bloodborne a chance. The faster paced, more action-packed combat may be to your tastes.

+ iREVOLTER on November 12th, 2014 at 6:02 am said:

Waiting for Greatness!

+ deadmantom on November 12th, 2014 at 6:11 am said:

Take all the time needed to make this the best game you can. I’ve never played any of the dark souls or demon souls games, but this game is one of my most wanted after seeing some trailers. Greatness Awaits indeed.

+ MarinoBrea on November 12th, 2014 at 6:24 am said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sony WWS should have moved THE ORDER 1886, that’s the game releasing ahead of schedule.

+ AwRy108 on November 12th, 2014 at 6:24 am said:

#GreatnessWaits

+ Mikutow on November 12th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

Is there any chance of a Demons Souls/Dark Souls HD release on PS4? I really need this.

+ Reaper527_ on November 12th, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

if it results in a better game, a one month delay is no big deal.

+ Neil on November 12th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

That’s okay. The Order comes out Feb anyway so it never made sense.

+ ivancard on November 12th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Disappointing as Driveclub PS+ Edition

+ Frozen_star10 on November 12th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

It’s okay. After some big games have problems on Day 1. I rather wait than get a rush game with errors. Moreover, early 2015 maybe too crowd with many games release. So I need more time to finish all of them.

+ D-Squad3 on November 12th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

#DelayStation4

+ bluenightmare941 on November 12th, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

Don’t have a ps4 yet, but this is the only sony exclusive that catches my attention. Sony should take this time and ask From Software if they interested in making a Demon Soul for vita. “The Monumental awaits thee above”.

+ cmdluke on November 12th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

This makes me super happy. Now I don’t have to split my time between this and the order. I can blow through the order’s story, then take my time with bloodborne.

+ Elementalstorm23 on November 12th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

I have no issues with this what so ever. Considering most games as of late are being rushed out with problems. I would rather it be held to make sure we get the best experience possible. I got a chance to play last month in NH at the Playstation event and what I played was amazing so waiting only a few weeks won’t kill me. Either way it’s still a day one buy for me and make sure to thank all the devs for the awesome work they are doing!

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Masaaki Yamagiwa on November 12th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

We are gratified to hear you enjoyed your brief early experience with Bloodborne. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

+ BlueBl1zzard on November 12th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Hey devs, you gotta do what you gotta do. If you need more time to make the best game possible, take it. The real fans will understand.

+ Welmosca on November 12th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Yeah better take your time and deliver a 100% product than rushing it and deliver it below 100%.

Every sane person knows that.

+ Phillipo992 on November 12th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

This is actually good news! Now we will have time to finish The Witcher 3 before 24th.

+ jvasq on November 12th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

That’s fine with me. I’ve never disliked FromSofts games and if you need more time then take it. I will be buying it regardless

+ KongWen on November 12th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

This is great news! After the Assassin’s Creed: Unity disaster, I want From & Sony to have as much time as they need to deliver a good quality product. I can’t wait to play Bloodborne, but I want it to be fully cook when it comes out.

+ Ethereal on November 12th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Take your time. With rushed releases lately I would rather the dev team take the time to do it right. One month is nothing considering all that is coming out in early 2015. Keep up the amazing work!

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Masaaki Yamagiwa on November 12th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are working hard to make sure you are happy with the final product.

+ death_nation100 on November 12th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

I still have no know idea how the game is suppose to be played and what’s it all about.

+ JimmyChaos on November 12th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

They should make it free for PS+ on that month as compensation…. LOL

+ tusunami on November 12th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Suprised that this game was getting pushed back based off the beta but this gives more time to get the game right.

+ Rainwater on November 12th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Looking forward to it! Ended up getting a PS4 unexpectedly recently (due to seeing a deal I couldn’t pass by), and this was the first game I was excited to remember was coming out!

+ joinsideke on November 12th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

WOW I LOVE SONY FANS!

I too am totally ok with this delay, and am happy to see the majority of posts in favor of delivering a product of From Software’s expected quality.

‘Ye have a heart of gold… Don’t let them take it from ya’

+ Rezolution77 on November 12th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Yes ummmm,

Not the correct post, but currently no replies as to when, (if at all) Sacred Citadel will be discounted since the PS Update has it advertised?

+ Rezolution77 on November 12th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Going to continue to spam this.

So glad I have not bought a PS4 yet. Even my Vita doesn’t get this ignored.

+ Rezolution77 on November 12th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

My warranty does not have to be almost void, by the time I would actually get to play it.

+ eljuamposo94 on November 12th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

bloodborne, my birthday… WIN!

+ AlmightyMax on November 12th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Much closer to the end of term – my GPA thanks you.

Masaaki Yamagiwa's Avatar

+ Masaaki Yamagiwa on November 12th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

Hopefully you can enjoy Bloodborne without neglecting your studies!

PAGE 1 2