Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 13

Grim Fandango

Double Fine at PlayStation Experience: Play Grim Fandango!

Tim Schafer's Avatar Posted by on Nov 13, 2014 // Founder, Double Fine

Grim Fandango Remastered

Hello PlayStation Nation!

The Bone Wagon is headed to Las Vegas!

We’ve got a shiny new build of Grim Fandango Remastered and we’re bringing it to PlayStation Experience! This is your last chance to get your hands on Manny before the game is released, so please come to the Double Fine booth and check it out. I’ll be there too, loitering around, signing stuff, talking about the old days, and giving out free hugs. REMASTERED hugs.

Also, we’ll be showing the game running for the very first time on PS Vita! It’s a great way to play the game, and a beautiful little handful of bones. I’m not sure what that last phrase means, but it sounds poetic so I’m going to leave it in.

And hopefully there will be even more surprises once you get there! So come see Manny Calavera in the flesh! (In the bones? Well, you know what I mean.)

See you there, and…

¡Viva la Revolución!

18 Comments

+ chavez1138 on November 13th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

when can we pre-order this game? is it cross-buy? and when is the release date?

+ Rezolution77 on November 13th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

No suprise you’ll be in Vegas.

Any ideA when Sacred Citadel will be fixed on PSN to reflect the updates sale price?

+ FearMonkey on November 13th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Awesome! I really want to go to this but I hate Las Vegas with all the annoying loud people and the smokers. I really hate all the smoking everywhere. I sometimes literally cannot breath when I go there. Might have to pass. :(

+ italodancemp3 on November 13th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Viva la Vita

+ Hayades on November 13th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

Can’t wait to replay this amazing game. I hope that the game does well enough so that they consider bringing out Broken Age afterwards.

+ dodgedoors on November 13th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on the Vita version, the 6th can’t come soon enough.

+ Sharp_andPointy on November 13th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Will the Vita release be on cartridge, or just digital?

+ mcksalg on November 13th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Day one buy for me. Tim where is my Brutal Legend 2?

+ leonclarko on November 13th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

I want a bundle with that toy!

+ gilgamesh21 on November 13th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Mr. Schafer,

I want to give my support for Amnesia Fortnight titles Black Lake and The White Birch getting finished, highly polished, and released on various consoles!
Also, did you have anything to do with “The Curse of Monkey Island”? If yes, I’d love to see a console release. If no, I’d love to see a console release.
While you’re at it, why not get Half-Life 3 finished and released too!

Thanks and take care!

+ plaztiksyke on November 13th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

I played the game at Day of the Devs and was most taken by the lighting improvements that they were able to extrapolate from the original assets used to generate the backgrounds. Really, really cool.

I would loved to have seen more subtle manual touch-ups in the static background to reveal more detail in items in the distance, as right now it still gets quite blurry and loses the sense of scale it could had.

Probably the most jarring thing is the low-res textures in the cutscenes. Things look great in-game, but Manny’s facial features in the cut-scenes don’t have an overlay with the higher-res textures even in the close-ups. Doing a render of the higher-res head over the existing movies in a few key places would have helped that a lot.

Still, it looks better than I ever could have imagined. I’m excited to hear the new (and old!) score in FLAC/lossless on PS4. (Costume Quest 2 appeared to have same lossy audio assets as PS3, which were pretty flat compared to other PS4 indie titles.)

+ plaztiksyke on November 13th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

PS: Since Escape from Monkey Island used the same engine, and the open source ResidualVM already supports it, will we be seeing that next? I’d love to get some Monkey (Island) Love on my Vita and PS4!

+ GrafUlrich88 on November 13th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

Hey Tim,

I’m really looking forward to this game.

I wanted to ask if you guys would consider on making “Dynamic Themes” and “Avatar Pictures” for the PS4. Your game would look cool displayed on everyone’s PS4.

Cheers!!!

Rob aka Graf

P.S. Please keep posting info on the PS Blog as your game gets closer to launch, thanks.

+ tusunami on November 13th, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

I have heard about this game before this sounds like this will be another fantastic game to get!!!!!!!!!

+ Green-Elf on November 13th, 2014 at 7:05 pm said:

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

I cant wait.

+ KidGreengene on November 14th, 2014 at 5:31 am said:

I need this game inside me!

+ Oisterboy on November 14th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Retail edition pleaseeeeeeeee.

+ tandor6969 on November 14th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

I can’t wait for this one, I loved this on pc and can’t wait to play it on PlayStation.