Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Nov 20

gameofthrones

Game of Thrones: PS4 Teaser Trailer Revealed

Laura Perusco's Avatar Posted by on Nov 20, 2014 // Creative Communications Manager, Telltale Games

This trailer is one we’ve been absolutely dying to share for a while now! If you’ve been keeping up with the latest, you’ll already know that Telltale’s upcoming Game of Thrones series is based on the award-winning HBO television drama, and tells the story of House Forrester. Caught up in the events of The War of the Five Kings, they’re placed in a precarious position where members of the household must do everything they can to prevent the house from meeting its doom.

Today we can announce that some cast members of the television series will reprise their roles in the game. While you’ll get to control five members of House Forrester in your story, the series will have you interacting with characters you already know and love (or hate) throughout the season, including Tyrion Lannister performed by Peter Dinklage, Cersei Lannister performed by Lena Heady, Margaery Tyrell performed by Natalie Dormer, and Ramsay Snow performed by Iwan Rheon. Additional cast members will appear in later episodes… as for who and when? That would spoil the surprise!

House Forrester is a noble house from the Wolfswood in the north of Westeros. Bannermen to House Glover, they have always offered unswerving loyalty to the ruling great house of the North — the Starks. The Forresters are seated at Ironrath, an imposing stronghold surrounded by towering ironwood trees. Built over fifteen hundred years ago by Cedric Forrester and his triplet sons, Ironrath is a testament to the strength and endurance of Ironwood. The Forrester house words are ‘Iron from Ice’, which echoes their belief that — like the ironwood itself — the adverse conditions and unforgiving landscape of the North only makes them stronger.

The game will be played from five different points of view. Each is a member of House Forrester; either a direct family member, or a person in service to the House. Scattered across Westeros and Essos, each will play their part in seeking to save House Forrester from destruction.

Playing as five characters not only reflects the epic scope of Game of Thrones, but is also something that you’ll need to be mindful of as you play through the season. This is because the actions of one character can ripple out to affect the rest of House Forrester. Multiply the actions of one character by five, and you’re truly playing the Game of Thrones… where you win, or you die.

“Iron from Ice,” the first of six episodes, will be arriving for download soon on PS4 and PS3. Until then, thanks for reading, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

29 Comments

+ gerneric123 on November 20th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

ripsvita

+ bedatguy on November 20th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Will this have a season pass for future episodes?

+ cubbielovr on November 20th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Really enjoyed Walking Dead Season One and The Wolf Among Us, so here’s hoping this will live up to those. Really love the show and the books, and so this will definitely be on my radar. Thanks for (finally ;-D) sharing!

+ KazeEternal on November 20th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

No vita?

+ ZiggyPoopdust on November 20th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

+ CaptNink on November 20th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

Need Vita version please!

+ FifthDream on November 20th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

I am SERIOUSLY excited for this.

+ ehnus_benders on November 20th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely can’t wait to play this. Need it now.

+ madmanwithabox12 on November 20th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Did you cancel Tales of the Borderlands on Vita?

+ rudetoy on November 20th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Since Telltale’s Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us are on Vita, this would be a no-brainer to bring to Vita.

Don’t make us suffer a Red Wedding….bring this to Vita please!

+ ElektroDragon on November 20th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Setting the game so late in the timeline of the series was a terrible idea. You should have either done a pre-quel or started at the beginning.

I’m still trying to get through book three of the series and have postponed watching season 3 of the show due to this.

Now I won’t be buying this game until I’m fully caught up with the series and by then it will be on firesale. Your loss, Telltale.

+ DarkOne_PR on November 20th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

telltale games suck. sony give me games where i can actually do something apart of clicking…

+ subsamuel01 on November 20th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

Really love the GoT universe and Telltale games, can’t wait for this to come out. I’ll probably wait till all the episodes are released though.

+ Matrix_Lion on November 20th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

“When dead men and worse come hunting for us in the night, you think it matters who sits on the Iron Throne?”

+ EndRant on November 20th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

Dang, was hoping they wouldn’t use the actor models from the tv show.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on November 20th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

Love your walking dead games and want to get Wolf Among Us on PS4, but I do have one request that I think will make these games better – please include more interactivity. More full control over the characters and ACTIONs and less watching / one or two button presses. This will make your game more engaging instead of sometimes feeling like we’re mostly just watching and following along (to what is usually a great story filled with great characters).

+ plaztiksyke on November 20th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

Abhorrent post-release support on PlayStation platforms, no cross-buy to make up for the poor quality, and the same crude last-last-gen rendering tech.

Love the books, love the show. No longer love TellTale games after 10 years of continuous support from me. I just don’t trust them as a PlayStation developer at this point, and it will take amazing reviews with deep technical analysis (thanks Eurogamer!) to get me back to supporting them on PlayStation platforms.

It’s really too bad, as I love adventure games and PlayStation.

+ NMeck702 on November 20th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

I’ve never read or watched Game of Thrones (nor do I care to), but I’m all for a new Telltale game.

+ dkarlowicz10 on November 20th, 2014 at 4:55 pm said:

I have a PS3 and PS4, but I prefer playing Telltale games on the Vita. Please don’t forget the Vita, and also bring Monkey Island and Sam and Max to Vita.

+ Valde_zerocool on November 20th, 2014 at 5:12 pm said:

Will the characters from the show appear in a similar fashion as The Walking Dead? Like how Glenn showed up then said cya guys i’m off to see my friends? Or will the main Lanisters be persistent in season 1?

+ fractality820 on November 20th, 2014 at 6:31 pm said:

@11 You do realize the third book has been out for over a decade, right? How long are they supposed to wait for people to catch up?

+ midnightshade on November 20th, 2014 at 9:38 pm said:

Super excited about this. I love game of thrones and am half way done book 4 right now. I can’t wait to play this. Thanks tell-tale! Now if you make a breaking bad game you will have made my 3 favorite series of all time. (Walkging dead, Game of thrones, Breaking bad) Do it!!! :P

+ phinnv8 on November 21st, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Just finished Book 5 of Game of Thrones, looking forward to this.

Speaking for GOT, why do I need to buy an Xbox One to watch HBO Go? Where is the PS4 version? Where is DLNA? Why is everything coming to Xbox One first?

+ dustinstetler on November 21st, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

because playstation is for gaming.

+ Hayades on November 21st, 2014 at 1:06 pm said:

I like telltale games but there’s some things I personally wished they did.

1- Always have a platinum trophy (it wasn’t included in walking dead 2 for some reason).

2- Make the games 40$ AND cross-buy between all platforms (now that’s bang for your buck). Maybe the 40$ price point isn’t realistic but cross-buy in the future is vital. If there is no cross-buy, then I will be once again forced to keep my money and rent the games instead since there is no way I am buying each versions at full price (and I do want all versions because I collect trophies).

3- Make the “next on”, “previously on” and “credits” scenes skippable. I only play these games when all episodes are available so the “next on” scenes are full of spoilers, which I hate, and the “previously on” scenes are useless and annoying to sit through as I just beat the previous episode moments before. Make it so that when these scenes play, I can press start to go into the menu then press a “skip scene” option.

4- DON’T make the vita versions of your games glitchy and extremly laggy ports.

Oh and 5- More Clementine lol (I love that little rascal).

+ Hayades on November 21st, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Also forgot, characters move way to slow, even when you have R2 pressed for fast walking. How about making them walk faster and instead of keeping R2 pressed for fast walking, what if we only needed to press R2 once to toggle it on (and keep it toggled on for the entire game).

+ Sangrinolia on November 22nd, 2014 at 6:31 am said:

PSVita version! Please???

+ whereymyconary on November 22nd, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

But these games make me a clicking master!!!

Also second vita version can’t beat the ability to touch the stuff you want then have controlled to walk around. Considering your games have never been know for their game play fidelity. Vita been the cure for me.

Ps why is the physical version of your games 15$ dollars more then the digital version? Waiting for a price drop cause that’s a little bit of bull ****.

Pss love your games keep up the good work.

+ whereymyconary on November 22nd, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Too everyone else, they did announce a iPhone version so good chance there will be a vita version just delayed like it usually is. Also I like the idea of cross buy or what mine craft did and have a small fee to get its on another platform. Cause I want to get these early but I’m stubborn enough to wait. But that could change me.