Uncharted 4

Nov 26

15694124559_a8a772af5a_z

PS Plus: Preview December’s Free Game Lineup

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by on Nov 26, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

The weather is getting colder, which means two things: 1) It’s time for delicious food and 2) it’s time to hibernate with videogames. We’re here to help keep you gaming this winter with December’s free PlayStation Plus titles.

You can keep warm but stay social with Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, a fighting game that lets you finally figure out which DC heroes & villains would win in a fight, and Secret Ponchos, a wild west arcade-style duel where you’ll face off against friends or team up to take down other players.

Catch up on the Hitman series with Hitman HD Trilogy, which includes Hitman 2: Silent Assassins, Contracts and Blood Money, and experience the bizarre yet beloved Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut.

PS Vita owners get two Space Invaders-inspired games this month: Final Horizon and Titan Attacks. Fight off waves of space robots (they have spider tanks, gross) in tower defense title Final Horizon, or grab Titan Attacks!, which focuses on arcade-style gameplay but features some interesting elements that kick gameplay up a notch.

All of these games will be free for Plus members starting December 2nd. If you want to see these titles in action, check out the video below.

December’s PlayStation Plus Preview

PS Plus: Injustice: Gods Among Us
Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition enhances the bold new franchise to the fighting game genre from NetherRealm Studios. Featuring six new playable characters, over 30 new skins, and 60 new S.T.A.R. Labs missions, this edition packs a punch. In addition to DC Comics icons such as Batman, The Joker, Green Lantern, The Flash, Superman and Wonder Woman, the latest title from the award-winning studio presents a deep original story. Heroes and villains will engage in epic battles on a massive scale in a world where the line between good and evil has been blurred.

PS Plus: Secret Ponchos
Secret Ponchos (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
Set in a stylized and iconic Wild West, Secret Ponchos pits players against one another in this fast paced and innovative new form of online combat.

• Experience a completely unique combat style that thrives in a wide range of modes from intense 1vs1 stand-offs to chaotic 4vs4 all-out team battles
• Master dynamic outlaw archetypes, each possessing a variety of deadly attacks and unique weapons
• Compete against others using skill and precision timing: dive in and out of range, string together devastating combos and take cover to break line-of-site in order to regroup or plan an ambush

PS Plus: Hitman HD Trilogy
Hitman HD Trilogy (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
Experience Agent 47’s classic hits, now in HD. Enter the mind of Agent 47, the world’s most deadly assassin. Staying anonymous, being smart and totally ruthless is the key to a perfect execution. Includes Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money.

PS Plus: Deadly Premonition
Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
Revisit the mysterious town of Greenvale with Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut and discover more secrets, bask in the beauty with redefined graphics and move with greater freedom with a complete control overhaul.

PS Plus: Final Horizon
Final Horizon (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members
Final Horizon takes you on an epic story across far reaching planets and solar systems as you fight the mysterious and deadly Swarm. Described as “2 minute tower defense”, Final Horizon is a new take on the popular strategy genre. Combining fast paced action and deep strategy, you’ll need to keep your wits about you if you want to survive.

PS Plus: Titan Attacks!
Titan Attacks! (PS4|PS3|PSVita)

Free for PS Plus members
Single-handedly turn back the evil invading Titan army! Drive back the aliens across the Solar System, and finally defeat them on their homeworld in this modern remix of classic arcade shoot ‘em ups. Titan Attacks! has the same easy-to-learn but hard-to-master gameplay of classic arcade shooters, but is packed full of new features, new strategies, and stylish neo-retro visuals.

We want your feedback so please take a moment to take our poll and leave us a comment below. To chat about all things related to PlayStation with a massive community of gamers, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums and make your voice heard.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Zoni1990 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

Finally get to see what Titan Attacks! Is all about.

+ Nazotchi on November 26th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Nothing for me that I don’t already own, but a very solid lineup all the same.

+ CapJSheridan on November 26th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Lackluster Vita line up =(

+ Mega-Sackman on November 26th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Oh!! I didn’t know that Secret Ponchos feature a 4vs4 mode!! this changes everything!! :D

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 26th, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

Hope you enjoy it!

+ snakeeyes211 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

I own almost all these games but it’s an amazing lineup nonetheless

+ TimeSkipLuffy on November 26th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Thank you for delivering PS3 retail games again!

+ Rene2007 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Got Injustice for PS3, now I can enjoy it on my PS4. Thank You Playstation!!

+ KazeEternal on November 26th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Is Final Horizon Cross Buy/Cross Save/Cross Play?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 26th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

To my knowledge Titan Attacks! is the only Cross Buy game this month. I’m not sure about Cross Save or Play though.

+ GForce_Wolf on November 26th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Is Injustice cross with vita? would make a favor to vita lineup.

+ SlLENT_RAGE on November 26th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

So when does Sony plan to start giving PS4 Plus members a game thats worth something. Getting pretty tired of this same lame crap month after month. They have already lost 2 lawsuits, one for Vita not being able to cross play games with PS3 like promised when it released, and 3G users not able to play multiplayer games anywhere like promised. The other over the hacking that took place. If it wasnt for PC sucking, and Xbox blowing even worse, I would switch to something else…

+ Solid_Duff on November 26th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

Awesome, Looking forward to Titan Attacks! and curious to see what Secret Ponchos is all about. Thanks for the post Kristine.

+ lli_14 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

As always the worts games ps vita :/

+ TeknoBlast on November 26th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

A weak month….again. Thanks

+ yowzagabowza on November 26th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Secret ponchos, is there ANY single player in this game? Doesnt sound like it. Ans with Andrew House’s recent statements about wanting more MP games to force more plus memberships, i gives me more reason to doubt it.
Wasted my money on titan attacks(which was just on sale by the way) when i was bored one day. It took two whole hours to beat and get 100% trophies.
The rest i simply have no interest in at all. So there you go. Another month where i get nothing.

+ samv33 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

Good month — thanks.

+ Jaded_Dragon on November 26th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

@Silent_Rage … What exactly is wrong with the PS4 games this month? You get Injustice (which is the first free retail game), Secret Ponchos, which I’ve played, and is excellent, and Titan Attacks (a nice indie game like Space Invaders). If these games are a problem for you, maybe you should stop playing games altogether. No one is going to hand out free copies of Call of Duty for you, if that’s what you actually expect.

…Anyway… Having played Secret Ponchos in beta, on PC, I’ll say that it’s pretty awesome. Glad it’s finally coming out on PS4.

+ JamesBlonde777 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Will we get anything else in lieu of the DriveClub debacle? A lot of people signed up for PS+ expecting that, so anything in addition to the normal IGC would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the consideration!

+ OneManArmyAndres on November 26th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

I would rather have psp games on the ps vita line up.

+ Ejsponge61 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

This is a great line up! Was hoping for some more varied Vita games, but getting 4(!) PS3 games with the Hitman Trilogy is great.

So, after december, members who have been here since day one have gotten Borderlands 1-2, Hitman 1-4 (Absolution), Joe Danger 1-2, Payday 1-2, and every Velocity game.

Neat!

+ Fardeenah on November 26th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

i’m tired of these indie vita games!!! vita titles has sucked these past year

+ zingakun on November 26th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Great games to spend holidays with. Tks!!

+ snarls200 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

@ Silent Raage they didn’t lose those lawsuits they settled which are two different concepts.

+ TERWALLACE on November 26th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Everyone needs to play Deadly Premonition. This is doubly true if you’re familiar with a small town called Twin Peaks…

+ franelleceusa on November 26th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Vita lineup for december is just sad.

+ drd7of14 on November 26th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Wow. Looks pretty sweet! This is the first month in a while that I don’t have any of the titles offered. Kind of have Injustice, just not on PS4.

I was wondering though if, in the future, maybe if you have some of the games in selection, you can maybe get a free voucher for a movie rental or something along those lines? Cause, I don’t expect to get $5-$10 back if I already have one of those games.

I just speak more so for added value to loyal customers. If I had bought those games for their full value, and I’m subscribing to PLUS, maybe I should get rewarded in a different way.

I love this service! I have been a Day 1 Subscriber, but when I already own the game, which can happen a lot, it’s less annoying that I paid for the game, I honestly don’t mind, but more so that one of my “gifts” are essentially taken away. I would love an alternate present. :P

Thanks PlayStation Team!

+ CrusaderForever on November 26th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Looks good, Secret Ponchos being online with no SP campaign is a surprise. I will have to give it a try. Final Horizon looks fun as well. Thanks for the games Sony!

+ KidGreengene on November 26th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Crazy lineup, guys. Injustice was well worth it at $17 when I bought it. Plus this is the Ultimate Edition?? CA-RAZY!! And I don’t want to turn my PS3 on again, but those games might force me.

+ UnclExOnizuka on November 26th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Vita games sucks like always :( c’mon do something about that…

+ TomHoang on November 26th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

You guys need to check out Deadly Premonition. It’s the best, worst game you will ever play!

+ yowzagabowza on November 26th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

And we get a ps3 game for ps4, and ps2 games for ps3!!! Are you guys nuts???

+ wanderjahr on November 26th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

PS3 is killing it.

+ StealthReborn-- on November 26th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Rarely do I ever complain, but these past couple of months (4-5) have been pretty poor. The “quality” of the games given to us seem to be going down, and not up. Prior to the new format where we’d get one game a week, the quality of titles we got were excellent compared to now.

The one positive that I’ll mention that we have seen lately though is alot of the titles given to us are crossbuy.

I’m hoping for the start of 2015 to go off with a bang. =)

+ whereymyconary on November 26th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

Looks better then it has in a while, don’t get me wrong some indie games like Transistor and Octodad made my PS4 purchase weirdly worth it, but for plus I’d rather see games that come at a higher price, cause I can pick up indies for cheap in the first place and I’d rather support them with my wallet rather then games like WB’s batman games, which I enjoy but never buy cause they don’t tickle my fancy enough. But when they’re on plus I gobble them up in a week, and then forget about them. Dead space 3 is another great example of a good plus game a while back, short campaign with original high price tag.

Anyways excited to get First Light next month.

Also what ever happened to Driveclub we ever getting the full game of that cause of all the mess ups. Coming next weeks it’s been two months since that fail of the release. Should have made the plus version the open beta… But instead they did a closed beta and didn’t see what would happen when they overloaded their servers at full compactly, destiny’s the only game to survive the opening week cause of its intense beta policy.

+ Dionysus-Jones on November 26th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

I only stopped by for the drama queens and the ridiculous sense of entitlement…

I wasn’t disappointed.

+ avanfreak23 on November 26th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

Finally, seriously November was pretty bad, only Escape Plan saved it, this month looks way better.

+ Demonhunter84 on November 26th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

I loved Deadly Premonition DC, got it on sale a few months ago. Same with Hitman Blood Money but missed the other two games so it’s nice to get the entire trilogy. Injustice Gods Among Us I got on PS3 but it’s nice to have for PS4 just in case I get one down the line. I hope 2015 ends up a better year for PS Plus.

+ july161986 on November 26th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Finally theres something to download after months of nothing interesting. i knew about the justice game but the hitman game is also a good surprise. i hope the streak continues to jan.

+ NeoSapian on November 26th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

All games I have passed in for one reason or another so bonus for me!

To those constantly yipping on about how it all sucks, what are your expectations? To me a poor month of free games is better than a month of paying full price for disappointments like Destiny.

+ JamesBlonde777 on November 26th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

@NeoSapian, Destiny is fantastic!

+ ShadowJR on November 26th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

I own most of them, but I’m happy to see better games on the Plus IGC. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

+ Satnamji on November 26th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Nice selection of PS3 titles. I bought Hitman Blood Money last year after playing Absolution (free from Plus) and really enjoyed both. Looking forward to the other two Hitman games in the HD collection and now Deadly Premonition, which I never really heard of. Exactly what I look for from Plus: games I normally wouldn’t buy but that I’ll probably enjoy.

+ felipeUmbra on November 26th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Guys your console line-up is awesome, some Vita indie games are awesome, but please, give us some retail titles once in a while.

The last months were so sad about it, a Rayman Legends or Dynasty/Samurai Warriors would be awesome.

+ sillygucciUSA on November 26th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Why PS3 don’t get the Injustice also? :( I rather have that instead of Hitman trilogy. But great lineup though.

+ DJ_Tomato on November 26th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

I don’t know what to do with you Sony,

I am really tired of charging $50-$100 everymonth for nothing

Sales are awful
PS PLUS line up have been CRAPPY since MONTHS.

Seriously, can’t offer anything DECENT for VITA, asides INDIE GAMES NOBODY CARES ABOUT?

Can’t just throw Resistance or Some “””””AAA”””” Vita game?, can’t give PSP/PSX games? Even that is better than your INDIES.

My subs expires next month, and you know what?

I am NOT resubcribing

Thanks sony for losing money.

+ Moofboy on November 26th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

“Sub-par” must have been the theme for 2014. I definitely wouldn’t be signing up for + if I received a PS3 for the holidays. I was almost positive that you would stack the IGC with awesome games for all three platforms, but I guess you don’t have the foresight for sales. This IGC is lined up with ports. So much for next-gen. Please have some awesome discounts this weekend, I have given up on the IGC. You are depressing.

On a positive note, at least you didn’t break down the hitman games like you did with Shadow and Ico a while back. :)

+ GattsuWolf on November 26th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

STOP GIVING US GARBAGE FOR THE PSVITA ALMOST EVERY MONTH!! PLEASE!!
Last month was awful, but now is just pathetic… Cmon Sony, we’re also sony costumers we deserve something better than just a bunch of indies, there’re amazing indies like Velocity X2 but… The most of them just are way worse than a lot of iphone games :/ Give us again games like SFxT or sonic racing or something like that… After all this garbages this last months if you don’t give us something like UMVC3 next month I’ll never buy a ps+ card again >:C

+ DesertAss2in on November 26th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

KRISTINE!!! INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS!!!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 26th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

THAT SOUNDS DANGEROUS!!!!

+ TeamGreen615 on November 26th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

I hate to say it but the Vita lineup is another prime example why not to buy indie games.

+ gus_xl on November 26th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

I’m’ actually looking forward to most games on the list. Thanks.

+ CyberSteak on November 26th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

1) I LOVE PS+. I finally bought a PS4 this week and have 25 games sitting waiting for me to play before I even crack the seal.

2) Pretty excited about Hitman Trilogy. Was tempted to buy it several times. Nice to not have to make that purchase.

3) Overwhelmed with my backlog of games. That’s as close as I can come to complaining about the service.

PAGE 1 2 3 6