PlayStation Vue

Dec 02

destinyh

Destiny: The Dark Below PlayStation-Exclusive Content Detailed

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Dec 02, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

A foul evil stirs beneath the surface of the Moon — a dark legacy that has threatened countless lives. And now, as the Hive legend known as Crota prepares to unleash the strength of the Hellmouth upon Earth, Guardians of the Last City take up their arms in courageous resistance.

The Dark Below is coming. It’s the first Destiny expansion and it launches on December 9th. What better way to celebrate the holidays than to clash with a seething evil of ancient origin? If you’ve been defending the Traveler’s Light since launch, The Dark Below expands the world of Destiny with a wealth of new maps, story missions, and gear. PlayStation gamers also have exclusive content to look forward to, which we’re revealing here for the first time.

Destiny: The Undying Mind

First up, another exclusive Strike to face on Mars: The Undying Mind.* You can step back into the coveted dangers of The Black Garden to face a timeless Vex machine-beast that has survived for ages. Prepare for firefights amidst vine-laden pillars and decaying paths in an effort to destroy the ancient evil.

And if you need more firepower to match your new foes, look no further than the PlayStation-exclusive exotic weapon coming to The Dark Below, The 4th Horseman shotgun.* Four barrels, five shots, and a sizzlingly fast fire rate will eat away at the Vex legions in short order.

Destiny: The 4th Horseman

Now steel yourself; here’s just a taste of the other content coming with the expansion.

• New story missions that pit you against a Hive god.
  • New weapons, armor, and gear to further customize your Guardian.
  • The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots.
  • Three new competitive multiplayer maps: Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron.
  • New cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota. Purge a twisted horror from the Cosmodrome.
  • An additional resident of the Tower: Eris, a resolute survivor of an ill-fated mission.
  • And a new six-player Raid: Crota’s End. Face him in the deepest dark.

If you want to try The Dark Below before it launches on December 9th, come to PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas and go hands-on with the upcoming expansion before its secrets are revealed to the rest of the world. Head here to get tickets.

*Timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015.

58 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ shadow71 on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:26 am said:

Meh. So burned out on destiny. Hours and hours of grinding, stuck at 28 since I have no easy way to join a raid party. Really wish I’d never preordered the pass. Not sure if I’ll even boot up destiny after the expansions loads. =(

+ Eliphaz on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

Beyond!!!! Thanks for the update Ryan. Really looking forward to this, and it feels great getting some timed exclusives 1st for a change. Lets hope they keep this pace up for the next add -ons.

+ ChrisBurr93 on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Swiggity swooty im comin for dat looty

+ Kevin_David_Sosa on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Awsome ! Looking foward for the DLC and Exclusive DLC ! I Love Destiny

+ Snarky14 on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Nice looking content! Glad to see us getting some special treatment for a change!

+ LittleUbo on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

@shadow71 easiest and most consistent way to get into raids is to be part of an active clan :)

That shotgun looks epic! about time that the PSN exclusive content is worthwhile! The current PSN exclusive strike is a pain in the rear-end and the armour is not worth the effort!

+ loadstone007s on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Ryan, please help me with this:

I have bought the US version of Destiny, however have a EU PS+ account (and have played the game using this account). I also have a US account.

How can I buy this DLC and enjoy it using my EU account?

Thanks

+ dinho_666 on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:47 am said:

Every single notice about the Destiny makes me sad… they sold, a lot, a Beta game… Every update confirm that suspicious…

The changes always come break the stuffs they already made before… and the most amazing is the problems still there… All the problems related by the players still there, in game, and they only ‘adjust’ stuffs that players enjoying…

after yesterday i saw a lot of my Destiny´s friends leaving the game to play other games because it´s useless to stay and play like lab rats for their experience for ANOTHER version of the game…

+ OnTheBus666 on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:51 am said:

I want that shotgun!

+ Wayndawind on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:54 am said:

Beyond! Destiny…. love ya! But the hours of frustrating raids, couldn’t pass time fast enough for this DLC. Again I love the game, raids are the best thing to me in-game. But it kind of left the taste of destiny flat. Hopefully with recent update and future update. Who knows!

+ XpAcErX on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

The game needs matchmaking for end game content before it needs more dlc.

+ Pro_Skillz_x on December 2nd, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

Will we be the first people to try the new raid?

+ KazeEternal on December 2nd, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

I still have yet to get a hawkmoon. I have a feeling I’m never going to get any of these PlayStation exclusive weapons because of this loot system.

+ Sical10 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

This looks like exactly the kind of content that some of the people who are stuck on a certain level (below 30) or with lower powered gear need. BTW, with yesterdays patch, you no longer need that many ascendant material to upgrade your exotics, AND you can finally purchase regular materials using marks (vanguard or crucible) so basically, the endless farming days are OVER. I’m not saying LIKE the game under any circumstance like bungie sheeps, i’m just saying, if you dont have surreal expectations out of this game (like 90% of the internet, that’s why hype is bad for you kids) this game can be pretty fun and rewarding in the long run.

I am already at level 29 and a half, and haven’t even completed my first raid, so its definitely possible to level up and upgrade gear without the unnecessary grinding. Just like any other MMO or RPG, you have to READ a lot in order to effectively and efficiently handle your gameplay. Running againts an unbreakable wall is not gonna get you anywhere, just sayin’

Either way, cant wait for the new content, new bounties from Eris, new crucible (and a new iron banner, that **** was awesome) and finally some new exotics!

+ Sical10 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Also, if anybody wants to do a raid on PS4, just PM me, i have a 4 team ready to hit that every night at 8 pm CST in case any one is interested. Add me on psn SICAL10.

+ cuzzybubba1 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Looks exactly like The Nexus, are you serious?!?! I swear it seems like there is no creativity in this game outside of the Raid team.

+ TheHerbinator75 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

I feel sorry that so many people are going to buy DLC which was cut out of the main game prior to launch and is mostly already on the disc. I got Destiny when it launched but only paid 10 dollars as I had a 50 dollar Gamestop coupon. I beat the game in about only 5 to 6 hours and realized that Bungie had released not even half of the game. The fact the expansion content is mostly already on the disc itself confirmed that suspicion further. This game like so many other modern games is another example of a company releasing an incomplete version of a game and not telling people that beforehand. I’ve been done with Destiny for a few weeks now and have moved on to Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition. Bungie should be ashamed of themselves.

+ oncpeds09 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

For those having trouble finding a raid group. Try http://www.destinylfg.net/. A buddy of mine told me about this and I have used it for the past month. Completion rate about 75%. All depends. Give it s shot. It’s how I reached 30 since all my friends have an xboxone.

+ moneythug on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

This is sucks I hate it it’s to boring there no way to get raids going chat should of been made easy the platinum trophy should of never depended on 5 other players I am a trophy hunter and that’s all I am after and I even talk to other players in the game who get stuck or bored the system for destiny is way off it sucks u can only get anything for beating the raid on hard or normal once a week which sucks so if people already beat it then there done for the week is why it gets even harder to get raids going the story was short and sucked it didn’t even make sence I was done wit this game after one week of playing this weak game I will buy anything that has anything to do with this lame wannabe warfame halo Diablo the pvp sucks even more the everything in this game needs to be shut down and rebuild add me for any trophy moneythug

+ Vcheese on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Wow new enemy! …. Wait a minute, Its the Nexus! the only diference is it has green on it… Wow Bungie, you´ve got tons of imagination or tons of lazyness.

+ Crush__Ur_Dreams on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Here dude, this place its very easy to find a raid group. http://www.destinyteamfinder.com/?page_id=73 ———
Don’t thank me, I’m just saving one stoner at a time from self destruction. Happy 420 everyone.

+ KHR63 on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Theres a top 10 list of things to expect to find when you by Destiny Dark Below DLC, check it out here:

+ jabawokee on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Already put in over 200 hours into this game and love it so much. Have a hunter at 30 with both subclasses maxed and a 29 titan with both subclasses maxed. Using the bungie from is the easiest way to join Raids and works out perfectly. My psn is jabawokee

+ dannyduron87 on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Hey shadow71 im having the same problem as You! Im stuck on level 28 and i dont really have people for the raid! Add me if you like so we can help us and boost up a little!! My user name is dannyduron87!!

+ tjblayze on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

For yall looking for raid parties look no further. Join the Brotherhood of Furion. We are looking for new recuits daily. If your looking for members to play with with a well designed communication visit http://www.brotherhoodcorp.enjin.com to apply.

+ Art427 on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Though regardless, I’m still super stoked for the upcoming DLC, I’m disappointed in the lack of Cabal, as I feel they’re the most underutilized and unappreciated of the races in Destiny. They show up very late into the game, are introduced as blood thirsty, war mongering savages, and then are quickly replaced by the mindless mechanical Vex. Hopefully, the next DLC pack has at least a strike or two that deals with Cabal.

+ MistressMO on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

I have two level 30 hunters… You should add me “Mistressmo” if you want to do any raids, weekly strikes or nightfalls… Have a bunch of friends that love to help.

+ DrTran64 on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

@1 + shadow71

dude, i’m lvl 29, and i’ve never touched the raid….

if you’re on PS4, we should be friends….i’ll show you the way…

+ xile6 on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Seem good.
It sucks going at this solo tho. I can’t finish the raids solo.
If anyone want to help me out add me.
xile6
I’m on ps4, should be warlock or 27 now.

+ Tekn0tize on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Seriously… yet another Nexus boss?

Is it SO difficult to come up with more different looking bosses? Seriously, where the hell is the creativity gone?

Not only do we have a terribly repetitive gameplay already (doing raid dozens of time and you still can’t get the rewards) but even the BOSSES look now the same as other strikes?

SIgh, I love this game and have over 200 hours clocked but you guys are seriously pushing it…

Please, make the boss look & play different… it’s not that hard. Copy from other video games if you have to, i’d rather have that.

+ dodgedoors on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

I just got the platinum on this game over the weekend. I will be harassing Bungie at their booth this weekend. Looking forward to all this new content. Last thing Ryan I am very psyched to see you reunited with the boys at Beyond! this weekend.

+ dodgedoors on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

I said weekend a lot…. Weekend! I guess I’m pumped.

+ DesertAss2in on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

MAH VEINS RYAN!!!… INJECT THEM!!! Haha I’ll see you in Vegas Ryan! Beyond! BLOGCAST!!!

+ typehyDro on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

So many people complaining about raid parties…. How about you log onto BUNGIE’S website goto their forums and make a team. They have a WHOLE section dedicated to raid parties for ALL systems and it literally takes 5 mins to find a complete party. dont even need to friend them. Just make a chat, set your fireteam to public and have them join through chat. It is very very easy and you can control the type of team you want to make.

+ typehyDro on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

Dont even need to make an account as bungie uses psn, xbox logins…

+ Haskell420 on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Can you PLEASE let us know more details regarding, reaching level 32? Will we be allowed too put on MORE THAN 1 EXOTIC Armor at a time?

PLEASE TALK TOO BUNGIE, SLAP ‘EM UPSIDE ALL THEIR HEADS FOR THEIR LACK OF COMMON SENSE!?!

In the 5 years of making DESTINY, THEY SINGLE HANDILY CREATED & APPROVED, THEE SINGLE WORSE REWARDS SYSTEM IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING!!

– Basically Ascendant Energies/Shards, are WORTHLESS unless upgrading a Legendary & the Iridescent Energies/shards, and/or Exotic Shards SHOULD be able to be gotten by trading/exchanging our Ascendant mats, OR, Here’s a novel concept, how about allowing us too SPEND OUR THOUSANDS OF GLIMMER, OR MOTES OF LIGHT TOO BUY EXOTIC SHARDS and/or Iridescent Energies/shards?

Not happy they ditched the “material exchange”, 50 spin metal, filaments, etc., redeemed for Crucible marks, that helps you increase your Crucible ranking, without having too do the Crucible.

NOT EVERYONE LIKES DEATH MATCH! BUT ONCE AGAIN, JUST LIKE THE EXOTIC WEAPON BOUNTIES, IF ANYONE WANTS AN EXOTIC WEAPON VIA AN EXOTIC BOUNTY, IF YOU DON’T LIKE DOING DEATH MATCH…… OH WELL, TOUGH S#IT! IF YOU WANT IT, GOTTA PLAY IT…OH WELL…TOUGH S#IT ON YOU..

BRAIN FRIED

+ tusunami on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

I can’t wait for the expansion coming out in just 6 more days and for those crying all the time you were not forced to get the game. Besides complaining there are solutions to your meaningless crying but your to pathetic of a individual to seek it out.Nothing will be handed to you if you don’t already know this Lol.

+ bajor27 on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

“five additional bounty slots.”

is that a mistake? We already got 5 additional slots. Are we really going to be upped to 15?

+ Joelych on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:57 pm said:

I am really sick of people being lazy and whine about cant find raid group, just google destiny ps4 team finder, there is a live chat room for all those want to raid, I found the website the first week I play destiny, because I want to raid I do research instead of sitting home and complain about it.

+ ATES on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

hope i can get a second armor drop when i do the raid this week so i can hit 30 before this. I have had crap luck with drops and it wasnt till three weeks ago that i got more then just a shotgun. Got like 5 guns now (one double in the same run) and one piece of armor and if it wasnt for IB and the exotic helm I would need 3 pieces of armor… here’s hoping

+ onslaughtree on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

@#1.
If you want an easy way to reach level 29/ or even 30.

– Play the Iron Banner.
– Get to Iron Banner Level 3/4
– Iron Banner salesman has Arm Gear/ Leg Gear that will take you to upper level 29.
– Purchase an Exotic Helmet from Xur…… Exotic Helmet or Exotic Chest Plate (Which are both common to find or buy)
– Lastly you will only need only either a Raid piece of either Legendary Helmet or Chest Plate.

Level 30 is easily attainable.

+ Merph on December 2nd, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

If your looking 2 raid go to destinyLFG.com
there’s no excuse to be lev 28. Sad

+ Astroking112 on December 2nd, 2014 at 4:25 pm said:

I’d hardly call three story missions “a wealth of content.” Especially at $20.

And no, a new strike and another one that already looks reskinned doesn’t justify the price, either.

+ NoxiousVersus on December 3rd, 2014 at 3:35 am said:

Everyone is complaining, you should have gotten the Ghost or Collector’s edition the game is great. Don’t be a jerk. Preorder the DLC at gamestop and get an awesome poster. Stop knocking Bungie’s hard work, would love to see a few of you develop a game, then complain….

+ mitzanoo on December 3rd, 2014 at 4:42 am said:

bring it on

+ ColonelOCorn on December 3rd, 2014 at 5:33 am said:

@#1 – Dude, get on GAF. Seriously it’s like people are GAF-phobic, almost like people in Destiny are relic-phobic. There are people in the OT forming raids constantly.Just don’t be a jerk on the forum and you’ll be fine.

@41 – Almost. If you want to get to 29:

Need all legendary armor and an exotic helmet (or other exotic piece, but preferably helmet). I explain why helmet below.

If you want to get to 30:

You’ll need all RAID gear pieces – except you can only get the helmet in HARD MODE RAID. So your best alternative is to play normal raid, work on getting your raid kit, and then buy an exotic helmet in place of the HM helmet. Shazam you’re 30.

I say all this and my 3 characters are 29, as I don’t have exotic helmets, and my one raid helmet Warlock does not have gauntlets.

+ cflame17 on December 3rd, 2014 at 6:04 am said:

hey guys, i’m at level 10 at this game and the game already produces a wonderful gaming experience even though I am at a low experience level….
I don’t know if it’s weird or not but I’ve only played this game for 5 hours straight and got to level 10 with the golden gun, throwing knife, directed double jump w/ jet pack and homing shard grenade.

+ Kohn4Life on December 3rd, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

If you feel stuck at a lower level, prepare to be stuck indefinitely. I have done the raid over 20 times on hard and with multiple characters and I have only managed to make level 30 with one, solely due to buying gear from the iron banner. Good luck beating the new raid on hard with a level 29. I have also played the raid on hard with 30’s who had never actually played it before but had just been AFK and had a full set of raid gear so loot isn’t relly rewarded for time, effort or excellence but just given at random. I love the game but it’s a real shame that any progression in the game is left to chance.

+ sithcobra on December 3rd, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

if you plan on buying for the stuff dont waste your money done the raid a few dozen times havent’ gotten anything good and now i’ve got the dlc and didn’t get the bike you suppose to get right off the bat do you think you’re get the stuff from it you get randomly??no u wont

+ blindsamurai105 on December 3rd, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

I am a sad level 29 Hunter looking for 1st raid run before dark below launch. Anyone willing to show me the ropes? Psn: blindsamurai105

PAGE 1 2