Uncharted 4

Dec 02

rocket

Rocket League Coming to PS4, PlayStation Experience

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by on Dec 02, 2014 // Vice President of Marketing, Psyonix

It was 2008 when the team here at Psyonix first combined soccer with racing and released the original Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PS3. Now, after six years of dedicated community feedback and more than two million downloads, our long-awaited sequel, Rocket League, is headed to PS4 this spring!

Rocket League on PS4
For us, Rocket League is more than just a sequel — it’s also a chance to improve on the first Battle-Cars in nearly every possible way, including:

• Improved physics, faster gameplay, and infinitely better visuals
  • An all-new Season Mode with unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more
  • The return of 2-, 3- and 4-player split-screen
  • More vehicles, new stadiums, and more than 100 customization items
  • Dedicated gameplay servers
  • A broadcast-quality replay feature that enables players to create their own custom replays of entire games from any camera angle they want
  • Even more surprises that we’ll reveal closer to release

But wait, there’s more! We’re also excited to announce that Rocket League will debut on PS4 at the PlayStation Experience this weekend in Las Vegas, December 6 and 7!

Drop by our location at Booth I13 and you’ll be able to enjoy four-player split-screen firsthand, while also earning a shot at winning one of the cool, show-exclusive Rocket League shirts highlighted below.

Rocket League on PS4

See you at the show!

+ jgrizzle358 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Is this anything like Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars? Because me and my friends STILL play that and love it.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

It sure is. This is the official follow-up!

+ jgrizzle358 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Edit: answered my own question.

Day one buy!

+ CylonCeturion on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

I loved the first game but I always had so much lag.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

Yeah, we learned a lot from the first game and that’s why Rocket League will have dedicated servers instead of the old P2P setup we had in the original.

+ chubigans on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

Holy crap YES! I friggin loved the original on PS3. WOOOOOOOO

+ mmikemj on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

This game looks great ! Loved the old one . Getting this !

+ dsigns209 on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

I’m there day 1. So glad it’s coming to PS4.

+ smallgaffer on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

+ tevinwade on December 2nd, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Best news I’ve heard all month!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait! The alpha was awesome.

+ largetreefrog on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

This is the first day 1 purchase for me for the PS4.

+ MakoSoul on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Whoa! This looks rad. Are there modes where the cars have weapons?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

No weapons in Rocket League. You can, however, demolish other cars if you hit them hard enough.

+ Ejsponge61 on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Beyond, Mr. Dunham! Looking forward to the game!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

Beyond!

+ MrBeatdown on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

This is such a strange Smackdown Countdown.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

Haha, nice reference ;)

+ y4x on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Looking forward to this. Probably get it on both ps4 and pc

+ JTStarkiller on December 2nd, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Buying this day 1. My friends still play the original regularly. Such an amazing local multiplayer game. The icing on the cake would be a Vita release as well.

Suuuuupeeeer…. sooooooniiiiic…. Acrobatic Rocket-Powered BATTLE CARS!!!

+ JimCarreyForYou on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

best game ever.

+ Elvis-20 on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

This game looks amazing, i wonder if it has online multiplayer?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on December 2nd, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Yep, we have online multiplayer (up to 8 via 4v4), as well as 4-player splitscreen.

In fact, you can have two PS4’s running splitscreen at the same time and play online against each other if you want. We have 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 modes as well.

+ thebgj on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

Awesome keep the old games coming, keep recycling them….

These will be free on plus just like the last one for PS3..save your money

+ Grimmble on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

@Elvis Dedicated gameplay servers- Last had online this has online.

+ auron2 on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

You wouldn’t believe me if told you just how much me and my friends have been waiting for this sequel.
Best news I could have read today!!!

+ LumiaGamer on December 2nd, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

Me and my friends used to play this little game all the time, and we always had so much fun! Thank you for making a sequel and bringing it to PS4.

will be a day one purchase for me (:

+ Welmosca on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Oh I have that Supersonic Battle Cars game…played only a bit but it was fun,gotta get back to it sometime.Nice to see you guys bringing another game after so much time…Rocket League looks cool too.Might have to check it out.Please make a demo available.

+ diamonshop on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

This is the greatest news of the century! The first game was a blast; my buds and I still have a round or two every time we get together. :D

+ Trendy_Kid on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

OMG Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars was so freaking good. This is an instant buy for me…

+ Hushed-Massacre on December 2nd, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

One of the reasons I bought the PS4 … glad to hear it’s happening!
Day one buy for sure. Loved the original.

+ thegodofgreen on December 2nd, 2014 at 6:57 pm said:

send me a shirt pleaze! never played the first but this looks like fun

+ EzerchE on December 2nd, 2014 at 11:47 pm said:

Great great great news! Thanks!

+ Slug_In_Ya_Nutz on December 3rd, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

Never played the first game, but I gotta say this looks like it would be really fun party game!

Are there plans to put a trial or demo version on the PSN Store?

+ Pojosamaneo on December 8th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Words cannot describe how exciting this is! I still play split screen SARPBC with friends on the PS3, and it’s fun every time! Some questions, if you would be so kind as to answer (if you can’t answer, consider them suggestions):

Will this have a custom soundtrack mode like the first?

Will this feature more “normal” stages as opposed to the crazy stages (castle, pirate ship, space stage with the bumps before the goals)? A good mix is fine, but I like my standard stages!

+ TheBlackBall on December 31st, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

I could not be more excited for the return of SARPBC – and the addition of dedicated severs! Just please tell me that there will still be support for custom soundtracks. It was part of what made the first game so great to play with friends.

I know Sony hasn’t yet given us the ability to store MP3s on our PS4 (at least the last time I checked), but that has to be something they will do in the future.

Looking forward to putting another 400+ hours into rocket league! Thank you Psyonix, and count on me for a day one buy!