Uncharted 4

Dec 04

metalslug3

Metal Slug 3 Coming to PS4 & Vita, More NEOGEO Classics on the Way

metalslug3

Adam Laatz's Avatar Posted by on Dec 04, 2014 // Director of Business Development, SNK PLAYMORE

Hi all,

We’re excited that PS Experience is just around the corner, and in leading up to the show… we have an interesting poll for PlayStation Network users and fans of SNK / NEOGEO to participate in here on the official PS.Blog.

Metal Slug 3

Together with SCEA 3rd Party Productions, and in commemoration of next year’s 25th Anniversary of the AES & MVS, SNK PLAYMORE is very happy to bring back some of our best NEOGEO content to current-gen hardware / PSN – starting with METAL SLUG 3 on PS4 and PS Vita (compatible with PlayStation TV) platforms, as well as PS3.

Being that we’re curious as to what the fanbase is looking for, please vote for which title(s) you would love to see on PSN in the near future! Make sure to spread the word that we’re asking for feedback from the fans via this poll, and listening to what you guys have to say.

Metal Slug 3

Please vote for one (or more?) title(s):

• ART OF FIGHTING 2
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN II
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
  • SENGOKU 3
  • SHOCK TROOPERS: 2nd SQUAD
  • TWINKLE STAR SPRITES
  • THE ULTIMATE 11: SNK FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

For those of you who will be making the trip to Las Vegas this weekend, be sure to stop by our PS Experience Booth (I-9) and test out both PS4 & PS Vita versions of METAL SLUG 3!

238 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ FlashDrivePrime on December 4th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

I freaking LOVE Metal Slug.

+ LightTriforce on December 4th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

All the Samurai Showdown games. lol

+ IIL0YDII on December 4th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

I already have METAL SLUG X on Vita, it even was PS Plus title.

+ Zidd04 on December 4th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Metal Slug X and King of Fighters 2000. Although its not listed, I would also love to see Windjammers appear on PSN.

+ atman1206 on December 4th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

1.-GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
2.-THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000
3.-THE LAST BLADE 2

+ ElementalDivide on December 4th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Oh yes yes yes yes yes….I so want Metal Slug PS4. This is wonderful news. Metal Slug was my childhood right there, along with The King of Fighters. Can’t wait, I agree with #4 on the Windjammers ;)

+ Storm-Iz-SiK on December 4th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

It’s not on the list, but I’d like to see WINDJAMMERS/FLYING POWER DISC

It’s never been rereleased and is a quite hard to find game, so having a easily accessible version would be great, and online MP would be even better

+ NinjaMicWZ on December 4th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

You know we want a Vita/PS4 native Metal Slug Anthology, with great performance, presentation/options, emulation optimization, trophies etc

So I’ll vote for Metal Slug X, to put my mouth where my money is.

…but we want ALL the SNK.

+ UnoIllNino on December 4th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

I voted Last Blade 2, but I’m bummed that so many great SNK games weren’t even on the list. No Aero Fighters? I’d really have liked to have seen Aggressors of Dark Kombat on there too.

+ Fardeenah on December 4th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

heacy machine gun! bring all metal slug on the vita!!!!!

+ UnoIllNino on December 4th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Also, we already have the Metal Slug Collection (PSP) that plays on Vita. What do we need Metal Slug 3 or OG Metal Slug for?

+ zalwelgoedgaan on December 4th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

These games need to be on the Vita, with online:

– Garou
– KOF 98 UM
– KOF 2002 UM
– KOF XI

Make sure they are uncensored and Crossbuy.

Oh, and you also need to fight it out with Capcom again (AND I DON’T MEAN CARD GAMES.)

+ HerrTruffle on December 4th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Need more Last Blade love!

+ korona75 on December 4th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

I voted for King of Fighters 2000, but what many of us want is King of Fighters XIII for PS4! :-)

+ DCSears on December 4th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

WINDJAMMERS!

+ LionAlliance on December 4th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Garou!!!

+ Elric_X on December 4th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

Can’t wait to rebuy these for the billionth time. Oh wait. Never mind.

+ Elric_X on December 4th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

PS: Buy the SNK Classics and Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP if you want all these on Vita today for less $$$.

+ NeoStrayCat on December 4th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Man, why not all of them, it might make some business sense, anyways, Garou:MotW is in the lead! X3

+ Remmy8199 on December 4th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Now this is something I can get into. I never had the chance to play this series.

+ rafael_martines on December 4th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Why there is no love to Real Bout Fatal Fury 2? :'(

+ Hakumen__ on December 4th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Any chance to get Rage of the Dragons on the PSN?

+ death_nation100 on December 4th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

What on earth is Twinkle Star Sprites?

+ Vinland_Krauser on December 4th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

Can I vote for the Steam versions of KOF ’98 and 2002 to be released on PS4?

+ Cxplorer_Qc_Can on December 4th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

1-ART OF FIGHTING 2
2-FATAL FURY SPECIAL
3-THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’97

Honestly,I would want to have all the NEOGEO games on the PS4. I would be super happy and probably would bought all of them.

+ radioavon on December 4th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

I want to second everyone nominating WINDJAMMERS, such a sleeper hit.

Other then that I’d like to see Shock Troopers and even Neo Turf Master.

+ stalepie on December 4th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Just put up all SNK games in one bundle for 100 bucks (or 4 easy payments of $26.95)

+ Gill_Figno on December 4th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Release them all!

+ zalwelgoedgaan on December 4th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

@pie #27: I’m reminded of when they first started that NeoGeo Station thingie, an optional bundle of 10 or so consisting of ancient and expensive games that were not Crossbuy with PS3/PSP.

But yeah, the releases are all over the place, very fragmented. :/ It’s best for them to cut their losses and only release the most wanted classic games and then move on.

Move on to porting Metal Slug Defense and Rhythm of Fighters to PSN, har har.

+ NeoStrayCat on December 4th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

#24. A versus style Shoot-Em-Up where you fight your opponents 1 on 1 shooting stuff and send return fire back to them, and the same for your opponent too, its intense. (Though its more mentioned to some people as a “Cute-Em-Up”)

+ lnoguchi on December 4th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

all of them would be nice… cuz all of them are amazing games

+ perfig on December 4th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

On that list:
1- King of Fighters 2000
2- Garou: MOTW
3- King of Fighters 97

But I really want the King of Fighters 98/2002 Ultimate Match versions

+ Jotamide on December 4th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

Awesome! I would love if they could port Pulstar and Blazing Star, those are some amazing shmups. :)

+ heyricochet on December 4th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

1-Windjammers
2-King of the Monsters (1 or 2)
3-2020 Super Baseball

+ Cyberdyne9 on December 4th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

From The List:

1.- King of fighters 2000
2.- King of fighters 97
3.- Garou Mark of The Wolves

But i really hope we can get King of Fighters Collection Orochi Saga in the PSVITA store (Kof 99, 2002 and XIII too)

+ pmochel on December 4th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

Super Sidekicks.

+ Red_Panda_Gamer on December 4th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

WindJammers.

+ SlackBabbath on December 4th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

Fatal Fury Real Bout Special

Need dat EX Mary

+ BenBrb on December 4th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

@Zidd04 & others:
Windjammers all the way !

All Metal Slugs optimized and with trophies would be cool too :)

+ akatsuki_pain on December 4th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

Metal Slug 3 is my favorite one in the Series. And I soooo need King of Fighters 97 and 2000 ASAP!!!!! :-)
Many Thanks!!!

+ nyaminyami on December 4th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Windjammers, please!

+ KazeEternal on December 4th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

This is cool, but can you tell Sony I would really like Backward Compatibility.

+ Just_Joe_316 on December 4th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

Sidekicks soccer 2
Neo turf masters
Windjammers
Garou
Last blade
Last blade 2

Release all the neo geo games in packs. The price is quite high though as you released snk collection vol 1 on ps2 with around 20 games. How about a compilation disc for ps3/ps4/vita?

Be realistic with your expectations, there are some brilliant NEO GEO games but your audience is “nichè” nowadays, not many gamers appreciate the 20 year old games.

I appreciate these games but having imported a lot of neo geo volume compilations on my japanese ps2 I feel a little reluctant to buy them seperate again at an above average price.

How about ypu release a king of the fighters pack, samurai shodown pack etc.

+ thholyghst on December 4th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Windjammers needs to be on this list. Just throwing out an idea, you gave away the Sega games to ps plus members a while back. They had trophies and online play, is there anyway these games can get that treatment?

+ Alucard-XII on December 4th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

Please no PS2 ports. We want proper ports for KOFXI and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum with online play.

+ Leviathan1up on December 4th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

King Of Fighters 97

+ TwinDad on December 4th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

Can put put in a vote/request for Schumps, or platformers? I had a AES, and loved magican lord, and Blues Journey.

No fighters please.

+ rudolphackerman on December 4th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES AND SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 2! I’ll buy copies for myself and friends!

Adam Laatz's Avatar

+ Adam Laatz on December 4th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Thanks guys for all the feedback, and keep those votes (and comments) coming!

PAGE 1 2 3 5