Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Dec 06

fatprincess

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Chris Miller and John Mundy's Avatar Posted by on Dec 06, 2014 // Fun Bits Interactive

Hey, this is Chris Miller and John Mundy. We’re the studio head and creative director of Fun Bits Interactive, and we’re here at Sony’s PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas to announce our latest game, Fat Princess Adventures.

This new Fat Princess is bigger and badder than ever, with tons of fast-paced hack ‘n’ slash action. Up to four players can play together online or on the couch to save the world in this casual co-op RPG adventure. The warring kingdoms from the original game have signed a truce and joined forces to battle the Bitter Queen and her army of hungry Gobblings. Your epic quest will span the length and breadth of the land of Great Bitten, from the pinnacles of the Salt Mountains to the depths of the Mines of S’morsia. Along the way you’ll fight dozens of new enemy types ranging from sticky cake golems to dreaded pirates.

Fat PrincessFat Princess

Fans of the original game will instantly recognize the classic character classes: the Warrior, the Archer, the Mage, and the Engineer. This time however you can upgrade your character with new armor, weapons, spells and other accessories. Each class also has a suite of sweet new combat moves, including an Awesome Sauce ability that temporarily transforms you into a cake-fueled engine of earth-shaking destruction. Just like in the original game, switching between character classes is as easy as switching the hat you’re wearing. The princesses are back as well. Although they still need you to rescue them from time to time, now they can also fight alongside you, using their rainbow magic to tip the tide of battle in your favor. It’s a good thing too, because you’ll need all the help you can get to defeat the Bitter Queen and keep the world tasty and sweet.

Fat PrincessFat Princess

All of us at Fun Bits are excited to be working on Fat Princess again, and excited to be collaborating with the original FP production team at Sony Santa Monica. We’re working hard to give you a new Fat Princess that remains true to the character, charm, chaos, and irreverence of the original. We hope you enjoy this brief taste of what we’ve been cooking up, and we’re looking forward to sharing more details about Fat Princess Adventures in coming weeks. Stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog for more info and cake!

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

36 Comments

+ Sharingan_itachi on December 6th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

what about ps vita

+ SpyDudeFX on December 6th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

It looks awesome, I’m excited and day one for me. I wouldn’t mind seeing a port of the PS3 game to PS4 too ;) I’m looking forward to this.

+ imboi on December 6th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

i second that this needs to hit vita

+ saveur on December 6th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Looks really great, loved the original!! Hope we see the first game’s multiplayer vs. mode updated and included in the new title.

+ Ikusa02 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

If I ever buy a PS4 I’ll be sure to pick this up. I can play Fat Princess all day long ;)

+ RichiRamjag on December 6th, 2014 at 1:00 pm said:

I really hope I am reading this wrong and you guys didn’t take one of the best multiplayer experiences on the PS3 and turn it into a 4 player co-op rpg. What a massive massive disappointment if this game does not feature the classic multiplayer of the original. It feels like you guys looked at what players wanted and said to heck with that. Sad stuff. At least port the original over so folks can actually enjoy an actual interesting game.

+ bserrano100 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

Please say the classic online multiplayer mayhem is there and that this game isn’t a discount diablo instead. I cringed during the reveal.

+ M-benn on December 6th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

I pray that it still has the multiplayer arena style V.S modes, there has never been more excitement and screaming on my couch from four people than when Fat Princess is being played.

Cake is life, princess is fat, adventure is real!!!

+ FredNation on December 6th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Anything on if the game can be played in 3D on our 3D HDTV’s?

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

@6: This isn’t Fat Princess 2. It’s Fat Princess “ADVENTURES”. It’s fitting. The IP is experimenting with new ideas ,and I’m all for it because I love the IP.

Fistful of Cake is amazing on mobile… still waiting for that Vita version…

I would love a true sequel, but I’ll take these new types of games based in the Fat Princess world too.

+ wallpaper42 on December 6th, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

Dude Fat Princess is one of the best multiplayer games of all time. Don’t turn it into a co-op RPG, what the hell. Please say this has similar MP with base building and resource gathering?

+ jellis2851 on December 6th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

WOO HOO!! i was wondering when PS4 would be getting Fat Princess

+ Brooklyn008 on December 6th, 2014 at 3:54 pm said:

Couch COOP experience with my son? Yup, I’m in!

+ MapleStory on December 6th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

This is absolutely awesome, I can speak for the people over on cakelair(dot)net that this is what we’ve been waiting for for quite some time!

By the way, what happened to Fat Princess: Piece of Cake on the Vita?!

+ kitler53 on December 6th, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

FAT PRINCESS!!!

i’m very excited as fat princess was one of my favorite ps3 games. i actually really like that there will be a co-op story mode but i do hope that doesn’t mean no multiplayer. even if all you do is port the original fatprincess into this game i would really like to see the multiplayer on ps4. day-1 regardless though.

+ Tchanku on December 6th, 2014 at 7:04 pm said:

I loved fat princess, I am very excited!

+ cjmc18 on December 6th, 2014 at 7:34 pm said:

Love it!!!!

+ PaypayTR on December 6th, 2014 at 9:56 pm said:

What is this man?
i wanted a sequel to game why you changed Genre ? Please have 32 player battles like First game . nobody want this please

+ italodancemp3 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:07 pm said:

I only can buy it on Vita.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:59 pm said:

IM IMPRESSED…AND SURPRISED AS WELL. NOW PLEASE GET TO WORK ON SOME REALLY GOOD EXCLUSIVE GAMES LIKE STARHAWK .MOTORSTORM..GOD OF WAR…DEMOLITION DURBEY..OR A NEW 3RD PERSON MILITARY SHOOTER LIKE SOCOM ..JACK AND DATER..AND RATCHET AND CLANK. I HOPE THE MOVIE DOES WELL. SO YEAH..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SONY ..BUT DONT FORGET ABOUT THE GAMES THAT MADE THE FRANCHISE NOT ONLY POPULAR BUT NECESSARY ^____^.

+ S1deshowNick on December 7th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

I don’t want a Gauntlet rip-off. I want Fat Princess 2. Or at the very least a port of the original.

What a bummer.

+ Crazy-Maisy on December 7th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

I’ve been waiting to hear about a new Fat Princess game from Fun Bits. It was definitely something y’all just had to do. Thank you!

+ Bellalara on December 7th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Excited to see a sequel, but miss the old way of playing in the first game.

+ The_Leducs on December 7th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

Really pumped to see this show up yesterday, but then immediately concerned. No one asked for this. People want an upgraded version of the original, a direct sequel. There are plenty of games just like this already out and not many FP type games…..this makes no sense. I hope you guys have the classic FP multiplayer up your sleeves and you are just playing hard to get. If you don’t then just go back to the drawing board. At least port the original over if this isn’t going to give the fans what they want. This is the kind of project that comes after a sequel is made and your trying to be fresh. FP was already fresh and fun before you changed it.

I would be lying if I said I would skip this either way, but seriously, what were you thinking?

+ SmokeAdellic on December 7th, 2014 at 4:47 pm said:

Bunch of disappointed people if you don’t add the true PvP multiplayer features or at least remaster and port the original and name it “Fatter Princess”

+ theXsilentXchild on December 8th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Love me so fatties princesses

+ spacemanandrew on December 8th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

wheres my preist and my multiplayer?

+ Welmosca on December 8th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Never played the 1st one…saw in sales a lot of times but game never picked my interest,actually its probably the only exclusive that dont have my interested.Release a demo please.

+ MakaiOokami on December 8th, 2014 at 7:31 pm said:

Look at all these people who want you to put the PVP modes into the game too!

Is it fair to describe Fat Princess as a MOBA?

Bring one of the most unique multiplayer experiences to PS4. If you have to make it DLC! Surely there’s a reasonable price point to take content you’ve already built and put it into a game built with the new engine! At least get the game on sale cheap so we can get our friends to buy it or buy it for them!

+ S-A-Z-A-R on December 9th, 2014 at 5:15 am said:

Wasn’t a big fan of Fat Princess on ps3. Know this going to be more adventure like I might give this a try.

+ smeexs on December 9th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

a fat princess withou pvp ? Burn in hell santa monica studio ! why u du that ? we all love fat princess for the great pvp , so why u turn it in a co-op rpg ??

+ smeexs on December 9th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

realy , i´m so angry about that , we have so many co op dungeon crawlers but only ONE fat princess !!

+ GENETICIDE on December 9th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

Physical release on port needs to happen, limited or otherwise. Nintendo didn’t give up on wii U, don’t give up on PSP2. Start listening, SONY.

+ jWinPanDA on December 12th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

awesome! it would be better if its on the psvita too.

+ xdarkwing104x on December 15th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

I was REALLY hoping for another FP moba, but a gauntlet clone is fine too. I’ll more than likely buy it.

+ Quirkyquirks on December 21st, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

I loved Fat Princess and still do. Might get FP Advenure. But I KNOW I would also LOVE and get a port of the original Fat Princess for the PS4. I enjoyed playing it so much I made it a present for a few of my friends and family member so we could play together. Haven’t had a chance to really play it since I am on the PS4. Made some really good friends from FP. Ah, the nostalgia.

Anyway, I think this is the BEST time to release a FP port especially since there aren’t that many games out there on the PS4. So much multiplayer goodness in Fat Princess. So much resources to gather.

*Chants* Release it, release it ;)