PlayStation Vue

Dec 06

15340981333_b592e93bb5_b

It’s Vita Time! 3PP Bringing More Titles to PS Vita

Gio Corsi's Avatar Posted by on Dec 06, 2014 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Hey PlayStation Fans,

Throughout 2014, the Third Party Production team has been working with our partners across the game industry to bring all kinds of exciting, diverse and fun titles to our favorite portable powerhouse.

During the PlayStation Experience keynote in Las Vegas, we announced some terrific new titles for the Vita: the legendary classics Suikoden I & II, the single screen competitive chaos of Towerfall: Ascension, the gorgeous Tactical Strategy RPG The Banner Saga, the ludicrous suburban Octopus simulator Octodad: Dadliest Catch, the craziest time traveling shooter of all time, Super Time Force Ultra and the latest entry in the legendary shambling zombie franchise, Resident Evil Revelations 2. All this and that’s not even including all the other great Vita content we announced, like, Bastion, Darkest Dungeon, Severed, Shovel Knight and Broken Age: the Complete Adventure.

Whether you’re into twitchy arcade action, deep strategy games with epic tales, or clumsy mollusks that have trouble with the most basic of tasks, there’s never been a better time to own a Vita. Check out more about the exciting games coming to my favorite video game machine Q1 2015

Super Time Force Ultra (PS4/Vita)
Are side-scrolling platformer/shooters too difficult for you? Too bad because Capy Games’ Super Time Force Ultra isn’t going to hold your hand through its bite-sized but intense levels. Luckily, you can rewind time, bring back fallen characters, and add their previous runs to your current one for absurd extra firepower (or just a little help to get past timing-based obstacles).

The just-announced Vita edition comes with bonus content like extra playable characters, including our very own Shuhei Yoshida, president of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment.

Towerfall: Ascension (PS4/Vita)
Perhaps shooting your friends in the head is more your style? In Towerfall, up to four players compete in arena-based combat, launching super-powered arrows at each other until only one (or one team) survives. It’s fast and addicting, and on the Vita! Along with Towerfall Ascension the new Dark World expansion content with new characters, levels, and power-ups will also be available for both Vita and PS4!

Bringing More Titles to PlayStation Vita - Towerfall Dark World

The Banner Saga (PS4/Vita)
The critically acclaimed strategy role-playing game is coming to the Vita. The Banner Saga features beautiful, hand-drawn art and animations; deep, tactical combat; and an epic story influenced by Viking legends that players can shape with their choices.

Bringing More Titles to PlayStation Vita- The Banner Saga

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4/Vita)
Our eight-legged — and intentionally difficult to control — hero is back for the Vita, sloppily knocking over everything in his path as he attempts to complete normal, everyday tasks (like mowing the lawn or going grocery shopping). Octodad just wants to be a normal guy, after all, and live peacefully with his human wife and kids in this lighthearted and hilarious adventure.

Bringing More Titles to PlayStation Vita - Octodad

Broken Age (PS4/Vita)
The Complete Adventure is a love letter to the classic adventure games of the 90s, written by the creator of some of those famous games, Tim Schafer. The tiny title that became a Kickstarter juggernaut features two characters in independent, parallel stories—Vella, a young woman destined to be sacrificed to a giant monster and Shay, a young man coddled and overprotected on a mysterious space ship. Both Vella and Shay attempt to change their fate, but doing so sends their respective stories on a crash course into each other.

Bringing More Titles to PlayStation Vita -BrokenAge

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/Vita)
Famous series protagonist Claire Redfield returns (and goes portable) in the latest release in the Revelations Franchise! The Vita version is being produced and digitally published by Third Party Production

Bringing More Titles to PlayStation Vita - Resident Evil Revelations 2

Darkest Dungeon (PS4/Vita)
Darkest Dungeon focuses on the humanity and psychological vulnerability of the heroes and asks: What emotional toll does a life of adventure take? It is a game about hard trade-offs, nearly certain demise, and heroic acts. Prepare to experience an RPG like nothing you have played before.

Suikoden I & II (PS3/Vita)
The legendary PS1 RPGs are finally coming out West as Suikoden I & II make their PS1 Classic debut on Vita (and PS3) this coming Tuesday, December 9th thanks to our good friends at Konami and countless #BuildingTheList requests!

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

All of these titles will be released throughout the Spring of 2015. No Matter where you play and no matter what kind of games you love the Vita’s got something for everyone! What games would you like to see come to the Vita next? Add your games to the comments below or continue to tweet your suggestions to #BuildingTheList! Believe it or not, we’re always listening!

185 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ yowzagabowza on December 6th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

All ports. All indies except resident evil. Yeah, nice try.

+ Slydevil13 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

I am grateful for every single game coming to the Vita, thank you so much! I cant wait for Super Time Force and Resident Evil!

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

Holy cow. Thank you so much for all these games. I am especially interested in Resident Evil and Broken Age. You guys are the best. If you are working with Capcom, maybe consider the Devil May Cry Trilogy or Okami for Vita?

+ unlovedhomie on December 6th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

hate all you want but suikoden 2 alone makes this worth it

+ samv33 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

These are nice additions, but it would be great to have a game along the lines of Killzone Mercenary, or Tearaway, something made specifically for the Vita. I’m playing Mercenary now, and it’s sad to realize a game like that hasn’t been released for the system in over a year.

+ KogarashiMaidguy on December 6th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Please ask Bandai Namco/SEGA to bring Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Phantasy Star Nova to NA.

+ Flypn5 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

I agree with #1 (yowzagabowza). Indies everywhere… I will sell my PS Vita, I have a phone to play mini-games.

+ chikity-type0 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

Resident Evil and one of my top games on pc Bastion now on vita ohh can’t wait to play them on my baby

+ Robbie_G_lrish on December 6th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

Suikoden I & II, The Banner Saga, Super Time Force Ultra, and Bastion are all going on my list of games to get. Thanks for bringing awesome games to Vita.

+ samuelb101 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

Awesome but please gift me a 64GB memory card. I beg you.I teach children with disabilities as a profession, some pity points :)

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

I’m happy all these are coming to Vita, but one Japanese localization would have been nice. (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth…)

RE would be more exciting if it weren’t digital only… and if the first game had come to Vita…

+ Rezolution77 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

Really don’t care about Suikoden with 40+ psone titles already, but keep them coming.

As for the rest, the more the better if your not paying for liscensing.

RE 2 is a nice suprise, but c’mon there should be plenty more for greatest hits prices.

I know its portable, but it is still ony software., and not as good as a PS3/PS4.

+ Cyrske on December 6th, 2014 at 1:44 pm said:

Great! Eager to play a lot of those.

And PS Vita is my favourite is my favourite PlayStation platform of all time as well. ^.^

+ Kchow23 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

I wish I held off from buying Broken Age on PC, but looking forward to STFU :)

+ Volken_us on December 6th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Thank you ! As you can see, you don’t have to make so much effort to please the VITA community :)

Suikoden 2 ! Clearly the megaton of this conference :)

+ Mintblend_44321 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

This was the best part of the entire show for me. RESIDENT EVIL ON VITA HELL YES!!!!

I thought i entered some kind of parallel universe where it was too good to be true.

+ Sharingan_itachi on December 6th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

WHERE ARE GAMES FROM SCE? Where are game carts?????

+ cano74 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

Bring: Broken Age, Street Fighter V, Persona 4 Arena Ultimate, Guilty Gear Xrd, Tekken 7, Dragonball Xenoverse, Resident Evil Revelations 1, Resident Evil 1 HD and Okami HD to the Vita.

Make: Gravity Rush 2, new Assassin’s Creed, Final Fantasy XII HD, as sequel to Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Soul Sacrifice 2 for the Vita.

Pleas localize: Digimon: Cyber Sleuth, J Stars Victory VS, and Dengeki Fighting Climax.

+ MrPonuraski on December 6th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Vita is an awesome handheld. People talking about smartphones totally don’t get the console magic. I want to slap all those who claim that Vita is crap. I love peace so I don’t do it, but boy, they sure need a smacking or two.

+ aernth on December 6th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Supremely pleased and grateful for all of the Vita attention. Thank you, kindly! Now, could I make some Xmas wishes? Like: Below, Transistor, No Man’s Sky, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes… Oh, and get Namco on Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Keep up the great work. Peace.

+ StitchsBox on December 6th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

Finally Suikoden!

But will it be the PS1 or PSP version being released?

+ aernth on December 6th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Oh, and Journey. That should be essential. And… Could we get the new Geometry Wars on the handheld it was MEANT to be played on… please?

+ RoD_GX on December 6th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

I can’t believe how someone at sony like Gio Corsi can be excited about this.
“It’s Vita time”? You should rename it to “it’s ports time”. Ports and Indies are the Vita’s disgrace, so how about dragging these ports to the ps4 and see how it goes? You won’t do that because you know what will happen, every single console gamer will be thinking “what a waste of hardware, what a load of crap”. Well guess what, that’s what the MOBILE Gamers also think of it.

Killzone is another year old and what does it bring to the Vita ? – which is where it shines and looks BEAUTIFUL BTW – NOTHING!
There’s no Gravity Rush 2 news anywhere to be seen, only rumors.
Nothing comes from Sony anymore to support their own device.

SO NO, GIO CORSI, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BULLS*** US WITH YOUR “IT’S VITA TIME” CRAP SO STFU.

+ Sharingan_itachi on December 6th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimate Vita
Valkyria Chronicles 3 Vita
Every Capcom games including Street Fighter & Resident Evil HD Vita
Luminous Arc Vita

CARTS, PHYSICAL .

+ Gamerzlimited on December 6th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

I thought Third Party Production was dead since Sony announced Vita will have less of a focus. Glad to see they’re still alive and well. Excited for Resident Evil Revelations 2, hopefully it will be a good port.

@Flypn5 Go right ahead, sell it. Soon, you’ll realize you’re an idiot and will regret it. I’ll pity you when you do.

+ Nasaniru on December 6th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

Gio, I just want to say what a great job you and 3PP are doing, keep up the great work!

+ Feehlhe on December 6th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Finally my favorite game/RPG for Vita! God, I love Suikoden 2!

+ DRAQ-520 on December 6th, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

Is Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines still coming over here, if it is, please make retail version? by the way how about localizing Digimon Cyber Sleuth?

+ Blacq_Soul on December 6th, 2014 at 2:55 pm said:

idc what anybody is saying, I’m loving the vita love even if they’re just ports. some originals would be nice but I’m still loving this

+ plaztiksyke on December 6th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

Gio, great job today!

It’s awesome to see these great games, some of which I backed on Kickstarter, coming to Vita! Broken Sword, Grim Fandango, King’s Quest, Day of the Tentacle, and Broken Age… I’m just speechless. I hope more Telltale games (hopefully better-optimized to get rid of disruptive pauses) comes to Vita, like Strong Bad’s Cool Game 4 Attractive People and the Sam & Max trilogy.

One problem with a lot of the first-party ports are sub-native resolution, poor framerates, and laggy controls. I hope that the quality of the first-party ports doesn’t “infect” these awesome indie ports (and that first-party ports actually get fixed/improved). Oddly, indie ports have all been higher-quality so far, but I hope that continues!

+ Chance_Splinter on December 6th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

I’m incredibly excited for these, Gio. Banner Saga? Awesome. Darkest Dungeon? You just answered my fondest Vita wish!

Seriously. I’ve been following that game for over a year and dreaming that it might, one day, make it to Vita – so thank you very, very much.

Your work has really paid off.

+ plaztiksyke on December 6th, 2014 at 3:01 pm said:

PS: One thing that would be nice is for some missing PS1 and PSP titles to come to PSN store for Vita and PS3. Every Extend Extra, Gunpey, and others for PSP would be swell. Quite a few of the favorite PS1 titles mentioned on the blog post aren’t actually available for purchase (original Wipeout, original Ape Escape, etc). It would be great for those to be available on Vita so their legacy can continue!

PPS: I’d love to play RealMYST on Vita and PS4. Only having the PS1/PSP version of Myst available for an otherwise gorgeous game is a major oversight, IMO.

+ LadyInChic on December 6th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

I’m getting a Vita soon, and this is just AWESOME! I know that people have complained about there not being enough games to play on vita, or they come out not often enough, so I’m glad they are paying more attention to it. :)

+ oversevethousand on December 6th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Can we get real here?

This is not a great offering. The hype Sony is offering for these “new Vita games” does not match what they’re giving at all. One of the things on this post isn’t even listed for Vita for crying out loud.

It’s not that indies aren’t good. I’m so happy we’re getting Shovel Knight, I can’t even tell you. The thing is, that’s ALL we’re getting. The PS4 is full of major first and third party titles. Look at all of the blog posts about great PS4 titles coming. Where are the Vita titles?

No one truly expects “current console quality” on it, but we do expect VITA quality games. Japan and localization companies, at least, do deliver here, but what about Sony? What about third parties here in the West? You can’t say “well it’s not possible to make Vita games like that” when developers in Japan are doing it on a regular basis.

What the Vita needs is the same from the West. Sony, if you want to get us really hyped, get your first party studios on some games. Get some deals with third parties going and actually see them through. For crying out loud, the first BioShock works on iOS now.

+ oversevethousand on December 6th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

(cont.)

Don’t let them cram the games with useless gimmicks like Uncharted or Assassin’s Creed’s attempts at Vita outings. Make some quality games and stop porting them to other systems, like Tearaway and Assassin’s Creed again. It might seem like a loss now, but in the long run, it creates an increasing pool of games that, once it hits the right size, people won’t be able to stop themselves from diving into. With what you’re doing now, you keep draining that pool, and it’s just not deep enough in the Western side for some consumers yet.

The worst here, though, is perhaps Suikoden. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled they’re coming, but the fact some PS1 Classics are being lauded as “new Vita games”? When Vita is still missing countless PS1/PSP titles from its library? It’s a double whammy of grasping at straws to full out a post of “Vita” games and rubbing salt in the wound at the same time.

I do give you guys credit for spending as much time as you did on the device compared to the past few events. Thank you for these games, thank you for trying, thank you for giving this console some attention at long last, but please, don’t stop here.

+ Green-Elf on December 6th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

I’m sick of people complaining that there are no games on the Vita. Shut up and play people! This is great news.

+ oversevethousand on December 6th, 2014 at 3:13 pm said:

I would like to add to all you indie devs out there supporting this console, since I may ne misunderstood on this one, you guys are awesome. Don’t think you aren’t appreciated for a minute. Keep it up. It’s not on you that others aren’t supporting it, and the more support you guys give, the better – at least someone is. I’m not saying you guys should stop what you’re doing, just that the console needs more. It’s the same as if it were the opposite – if we lacked you guys but the PS4 was getting you, I’d be here saying “Where’s the indies?” instead. Diversity and giving a great console as great a library of games as it can have is what I hope for, and you guys aren’t doing a thing wrong in that respect.

+ rabidninjamonky on December 6th, 2014 at 3:14 pm said:

Nice! I cant wait for RE Revelations 2 on vita! I’m also glad we get Bastion, Shovel Knight and especially, FINALLY Suikoden 2!!

Also for anyone interested, EA is giving away a few free games today. Need for Speed MW for vita, Mirrors Edge for PS3 and Plants vs Zombies for PS$

+ oversevethousand on December 6th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

@35
Whether or not there are games won’t help if it’s not games people want. I’ve seen many, many times “well I WOULD get a Vita if it had more…” – just because it has games for you and me doesn’t mean it does for everyone. This is my favorite console right now, but that’s not the same for everyone, and a business like Sony has to consider that.

+ Ninevolts on December 6th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

Come on guys! We can do this! Everybody ask for more localizations!

We want Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth!
We want God Eater 2 Rage Burst!
We want Phantasy Star Nova!
We want Tales of Innocence R!
We want Stranger of the Sword City!
We want Fate Hollow Atraxia! (we do, right?)
We want Sen no Kiseki I & II!

Also, can we get more PS2 HD collection ports? It would be awesome if you port Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, Hitman, Shadow of Colossus/ICO, KH 1.5+2.5 HD collections?

Port of long forgotten PS2 classic Rogue Galaxy would be fantastic too.

+ Jotamide on December 6th, 2014 at 3:19 pm said:

Awesome stuff all around!

+ R2tito11 on December 6th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

not First Party Titles, but it’s a little love for the Vita…..well done Sony

+ Lamak- on December 6th, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

Excited with the attention shown to Vita at PSX. Definitely picking up Resident Evil and Super Time Force Ultra. Still hoping for a PSO2 localization, NBA game, or news on Gravity Rush 2 though.

+ cat9966 on December 6th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

I’m happy to see ports of PC games to the Vita. I may be weird but I actually prefer to play games on portable devices even when I’m at home. There is just something wonderful about curling up anywhere I like with my gaming system. At least this isn’t another slew of Android and IOS ports with touch screen only controls at twice the price of the originals. Now those are serious head scratchers.

+ Flypn5 on December 6th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

@Gamerzlimited I will wait until New 3DS comes to USA. If I see the same games, I will sell it :)

+ NotRic on December 6th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

Suikoden 2! Have a Suikoden 1 save file on the Vita all ready to go.

+ Pinguim556 on December 6th, 2014 at 3:44 pm said:

39, I think ir is better they localize Zero no Kiseki and Aoi no Kiseki befor Sen no Kiseki.
From what I saw, there is some good remakes of Ghost games for Vita.

+ Ninevolts on December 6th, 2014 at 3:50 pm said:

@46: Yes, but Sen no Kiseki games are also on PS3, so they have higher chance to be localized. PS3 owners are very hungry for JRPG, they would eat them up like a pack of hungry wolves.

+ boxmyth on December 6th, 2014 at 4:02 pm said:

Thank you for Suikoden I & II! I still own the discs for both, but I’ll happily be downloading both for my Vita.

+ Remmy8199 on December 6th, 2014 at 4:04 pm said:

Still no Breath of Fire 3 :/

At least it’s getting RE: Revelations and Suikoden II.

PAGE 1 2 3 4