Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dec 06

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Sean Murray's Avatar Posted by on Dec 06, 2014 // Founder, Hello Games

Hello PlayStation Blog!

I’m Sean from Hello Games, and I’m having a bit of a crazy weekend here in Vegas!

A year ago today we first revealed our game called No Man’s Sky. These twelve months have been life changing for all of us at our little studio. Your response to what we’re making has been inspiring, affirming, and only sometimes totally terrifying. But in the best way :)

We’ve only shown the game off twice, once at VGX’s last year, and then again at E3. Since E3 we’ve been working incredibly hard, and I know some people were keen to see more of the game.

No Man’s Sky is a science-fiction game, set in an infinite procedural universe. It’s a hard game to summarize sometimes, so I always want us to release direct gameplay, to just capture moments from the game, without lots of cuts. Yesterday at The Gaming Awards, we gave a glimpse of more gameplay.

I’m also incredibly excited to announce that 65daysofstatic, probably my favorite band, is going to be writing a new album of music inspired by NMS. Their music has always provided the soundtrack to everything we’ve shown so far, and we’re going to collaborate to create a unique generative soundscape for the game.

The universe you explore in No Man’s Sky is limitless… infinite. Today, at PlayStation Experience, we really wanted to show you what that scale looks like for the first time. Something that I hope will give you a sense of the extent of the galaxy, and your place in it.

So here’s a new video, taken directly from a playthrough session:

The music from that video is the first new track from the new album from 65daysofstatic. Hope you like it.

If all that wasn’t enough, we’re holding something special tonight for fans. An event that everyone can experience with us. We’re calling it A Night Under No Man’s Sky.

If you’re here at PlayStation Experience, you can come along to Sands Expo Hall A, or if you’re at home you can watch the stream on Twitch:

It’s been a lot to pull together for a very small indie team, but we’re having a lot of fun. We really hope you enjoy it too.

Thanks so much!

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

+ TidusBlitz on December 6th, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this…still boggles my mind how a small indie team can make this…

+ Bad_Brains on December 6th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

Can’t wait. Game looks incredible. Keep up the great work Hello Games! Can’t wait to see more tonight.

+ Insomnia999 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

Looks awesome, but can you clarify what you do besides flying to planets?
Can you do something on the planets? Build like Minecraft? Are there any enemies? Space battles? Clans?

+ Ikusa02 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

No Man’s Sky + Project Morpheus = No need to live real life anymore. Just add an IV bag and you’re good to go (aka INJECT IT INTO MY VEINNNNNSSSSS)

@Insomnia999 I’m sure animals will attack you if you make them mad. There’s a bullet icon with x200 bullets (I believe) in the top right corner so I expect you’ll be able to shoot things. On the No Man’s Sky Wikipedia: “engaging in combat with hostile forces and travel to other planets.” Also, “The game will have online features that allow players to share details of their planets with online players. In August 2014, the developers announced that the game would be playable offline.”

So I don’t know if you’ll be able to fight with other people or have clans. I’d rather have them focus on just making the game and making it a reality than make a billion trillion features and never releasing the game within their/our life spans.

+ sandkwithhp on December 6th, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

They keep showing us little but their procedurally-generated vast universe. It’s an impressive feat, no doubt, and I understand that gameplay may be difficult to demonstrate for this title, but until I see some, I just can’t get excited about the game. Impressive tech, but in service of what?

+ Nerroth on December 6th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

It will be interesting to see if they will eventually show how well the game might work via Remote Play on Vita and PSTV.

(Although, what I’d really like to see is if the game engine can be scalable enough to allow it to run natively on those platforms…)

+ Retromattic on December 6th, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

Keeping a close eye on this one, hope it turns out well :)

+ ewg on December 6th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

They had an interview and they said that there was a general goal to go to the center of the galaxy and there is a driving evil force in the universe.

+ TopoClandestino on December 6th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

Interesting and unique. Exploring the space and other planets like never before. I Would like to see more gameplay footage and details.

+ tonydamiani on December 6th, 2014 at 3:44 pm said:

Wow just wow.

+ yowzagabowza on December 6th, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

All ive seen is floating to a planet and then walking. I know there is supposed to be space combat, but with a world so utterly vast, i dont know bow you’d ever find anyone.

+ Hypergyaos on December 6th, 2014 at 5:20 pm said:

Totally stoked to play this. This is the game I’m most looking forward to.

+ ludo132 on December 6th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

Will all those stars be visitible solar systems?

+ Giniko on December 6th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

This is the game I have dreamed about playing for the past thirty-one years of my life. I played Pitfall 2 and imagined something very much like this. Something impossible, and wonderful, and vastly beyond anything that might happen within my lifespan.

And here it is. A galaxy to live in, warping between stars, seeing what no other human being has ever seen before – or likely ever will. Worlds beyond measure, discoveries unimaginable, a game so large that – according to the developers – it would take four thousand years of play to ever see the same thing twice.

I want No Man’s Sky more than any game ever, period. Make it compatible with VR goggles (as has been rumored) and… if I survive the initial wave of joy, I will play the living muffin out of the thing.

This game cannot come out soon enough.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on December 6th, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

+ oo7PorscheMGS on December 6th, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:

Oh wait, not nuff said :P I’m a lil greedy, so PLEASE make sure the competitive aspect of this game works well too…….I’d LOVE to not only have a great adventure but the option of doing battles in that amazing space would give this game even more variety…. and no, I don’t think the competitive part of the game will take away from the adventuring aspect of the game…. there’s NO way people will play this game and say “oh, I JUST want to play competitive ship vs ship battles”. When you see the world this game / dev team has built… it’ll just LURE you in to want to explore it. Bring it! :P

+ OnTheBus666 on December 6th, 2014 at 9:44 pm said:

This game looks so rad! I wonder how the crafting system for weapons and ships works and if there is any base crafting, also want to see the bad guys

+ JBLeh on December 6th, 2014 at 11:50 pm said:

Seems kinda interesting, but I don’t get the point of this. Aside from a bunch of flying around, I didn’t see a whole lot of gameplay.

+ Nazotchi on December 7th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

This is, without question, my most anticipated game of the next year.

+ honkayjeezus on December 8th, 2014 at 1:24 am said:

At some point you should probably release a single gameplay video showing the meat of the game being played. You never needed to even do a second or third video like this except for marketing.

+ CreemaWeet on December 8th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

My brain can’t comprehend the things i want to do… terraform, colonize, space pirates, explore, gathering specimens, compiling a galactic encyclopedia, genetic testing, genetic cross-breeding, exploration leaderboards, diplomacy, ship building, resource gathering, research, uhh, and a million other things.

My hopes are so high for this game that I would have gone out and bought a ps4 bundled with it if I didn’t already own a ps4. And since it sounds like its designed to be around forever, I’m guessing the game itself will be ripe for dlc modules and add-on content.

I can’t wait for this… like, where’s my kickstarter funding option for early access? I’d throw $100 at this game at retail.

+ Maximus8925 on December 11th, 2014 at 6:16 pm said:

Wait so what’s this game about someone please tell me!

+ VeritableHero on December 12th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

This is fabulous. I can’t wait to play this with my 3 and 4 year old kids. They are going to love the exploration almost as much as me!

+ justPAB on December 13th, 2014 at 6:07 am said:

This game looks awesome. I love space games and this universe is HUGE! I, too, am wondering what else we are allowed to do besides just flying around and finding new planets.

Can we build on them, colonize, or what?

+ HANNIBAL8me2DAY on December 15th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

this is the game i’ve been dreaming about since the 90’s! don’t rush it, make it right & watch gaming change forever!!!