Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Dec 06

10543337503_6efcfdb314_b

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Jenny Lawrence's Avatar Posted by on Dec 06, 2014 // Junior Community Manager, Media Molecule

The 20th anniversary of PlayStation has been a great opportunity to reminisce about a brand we’re passionate about at Mm, but it’s also a chance for us to look to the future and what we’ve got in store for it. At the moment, we’re most excited about bringing Tearaway Unfolded to a brand new audience on PS4 and have just finished work on our first hands-on demo being shown at PlayStation Experience right now!

To mark this special occasion, we have a brand new trailer to share with you all! As you’ll see, Tearaway Unfolded brings an entirely new experience to the game, thanks to the unique features of the DualShock 4. From swiping the touch pad to unleash great gusts of wind into the world, to throwing items and creatures out of your TV and into your controller, you’ll be able to break the fourth wall and make your mark on the world, all while having fun with your messenger!

We’d also like to take this moment to wish you all happy holidays! We’ve had a busy and awesome year here at Mm, and we’re only just getting started! 2015 is going to be pretty big for us, and we really can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on. We think you’re going to like it :)

Happy Holidays everyone, have a great time!

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

11 Comments

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Will this be a crossbuy? Will Vita owners get a discount?

+ plaztiksyke on December 6th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

finished Tearaway on my Vita and really look my time to explore the world. the end actually made me weep a bit — it’s not a sad game, but I found it moving. I wasn’t sure what a port to PS4 would add that I would *need* to re-experience.

the demo today really secured this in my mind as a must-buy, if it’s not a $60 game. I’m mainly curious if early buyers of the Vita digital version will get a discount, like early purchasers of Flower got a discount on Journey.

I really hope this supports stereo 3D on PS4, the interactions of things popping in and out of the screen would be really enhanced in 3D!

+ cano74 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

The more I see of it the more I wonder if this truly is a port, everything seems so different.

+ FredNation on December 6th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

I hope for 3D as well! Would make the game so much inmersuve for players who own 3DTV’s!

+ yowzagabowza on December 6th, 2014 at 1:31 pm said:

I love tje way they use the DS4. Ill definitely be getting this if its like, 20-30 bucks.

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

Anyone who ever thought this was a loss for Vita never played Tearaway.

Can’t wait for Unfolded.

+ lobotomies4free on December 6th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Release date?

+ CatatonicAlex on December 6th, 2014 at 7:13 pm said:

No more Vita games.
Guy making the duck-face was kind of cute.

+ GStylez1980 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:26 pm said:

It’s a travesty that this game didn’t get played by more people on the Vita. Easily one of the best games I played in 2013, regardless of system or genre. I am glad to see the game getting a potentially much bigger audience on the PS4 though. It deserves to be eerie cod by all!

Follow me on Twitter: @brg_esq
Friend me on PSN: GStylez1980

+ JustLu on December 7th, 2014 at 8:04 pm said:

Does anyone know what the story is on that DS4 pictured at the end of the video? Is that just for aesthetics or is that an actual product available for the DS4?

+ marcosplaysbass on December 8th, 2014 at 6:43 pm said:

You all are aware that this isn’t a port of the vita game, right? It’s actually a new story and new game.