Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 06

Dec 06

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Ru Weerasuriya's Avatar Posted by CEO and Creative Director, Ready At Dawn Studios

It’s only a few more months until The Order: 1886 is released and the team here at Ready At Dawn is looking forward to having everyone finally play the game. Before that happens, we’re making a quick trip to Las Vegas this weekend to show another glimpse of the game at the PlayStation Experience before the game hits the streets on February 20th, 2015.

The Order PSX

In the past year, we’ve revealed our version of Victorian Era London and some of the protagonists in the game. We’ve shown you a range of different gameplay mechanics. We’ve showcased our technology, our physics system and the graphical quality of the game.

We’re at PlayStation Experience to reveal a very different moment in the game than what you’ve seen previously; the chapter we’re showcasing is an infiltration mission inside the airship Agamemnon. Galahad, Perceval, Igraine and Lafayette are on a mission to stop a rebel assassination plot against a government leader. From the first moments—rappelling down the side of an airship with a grand vista of London around you—to an all-out gun battle in the ship’s kitchens, this chapter showcases the diversity of gameplay that we have talked about in the past.

The Order PSX

We’re not only thrilled to show this new part of The Order: 1886 at The Game Awards and the PlayStation Experience Keynote, but we’re also happy to announce that everyone coming here to Vegas will have a chance to get their hands on a brand new demo on the show floor, that not only includes what we’ve already shown but an extended gameplay portion of this chapter.

The Order PSX

We‘ll also be joining a few fellow developers for two PlayStation Experience panels: “Music Magic: How Your Favorite Game Soundtracks are Made” featuring Jason Graves and “Storytelling in Video Games” with Neil Druckmann, Tim Schafer and yours truly, amongst others. Looking forward to seeing you all on the show floor…

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

Add Your Own

Red-5x said:

December 6th, 11:52 am

Hi:
There is something strange with the Shadows.. I hope can be fixed and match the Real Time Cinematic we’ve seen of this game. I’m really hyped for this and know can be achieved.. Thanks.

Matrix_Lion said:

December 6th, 12:06 pm

Ru Weerasuriya this is the game I’m looking forward to the most next year. This game will be pre-ordered soon.

MarinoBrea said:

December 6th, 1:09 pm

The gameplay shown so far is totally lacking anything innovative or exciting. I really hope for the best, but you’ve given me nothing so far.

HuckQ said:

December 6th, 1:48 pm

MarinoBrea has expressed my thoughts exactly.

Elvick_ said:

December 6th, 1:49 pm

Looks amazing.

Kchow23 said:

December 6th, 1:49 pm

The game looks gorgeous… but the gameplay is a bit lacking although the CQC fight with the Lycan was neat.

soldiercell said:

December 6th, 2:18 pm

Can’t wait to play this game. I’m pretty sure it was personally created just for me.

Kegsy said:

December 6th, 3:54 pm

I am looking forward to this game. Story sounds amazing.

MOT12B said:

December 6th, 4:28 pm

Love what I’m seeing. Gameplay looks awesome!!! I don’t mind if some people think it’s too linear or doesn’t innovade. I for one absolutely love this kind of games and will get the game as soon as it’s available.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

December 6th, 8:29 pm

@3 – I disagree – have you ever seen a game with this setting, this story, this atmosphere? Obviously the game isn’t “100% new”, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be great… every game builds on things from the past. Looks like a great looking 3rd person shooter to me with an intriguing story/setting/atmosphere, and that’s exactly what I want. Just like Uncharted… it doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel to be great.

Subzero316 said:

December 7th, 9:26 am

I waited 3 1/2 hours to play the demo at playstation experience it was well worth it. looking forward to the full game come February.

COUGAR_PR said:

December 8th, 4:43 am

NO CO-OP NO BUY , but I will rent it . Im not going to spend 60 bucks on a single player game to get bored as soon I finished the story . Looks great for a 4 players co-op challenge . Think about it .

oo7PorscheMGS said:

December 8th, 9:11 am

NO CHOCOBO NO BUY :P Yes, the game would be awesome in coop – but wouldn’t EVERY game? I’ve been asking Naughty Dog for years to make Uncharted’s story into a FULL coop game – imagine 4 treasure hunters mowing down 100’s of baddies together…. ;) Heck, if Destiny wasn’t a coop experience, I doubt most of the people on my friends list would still be playing it – because there isn’t that much else there lol. Coop obviously can make a game MUCH more fun, but a game doesn’t need coop to be badass… this game looks great to me on its own, and it looks like it was designed for 1 player – to make a game for coop you have to design it in a different way, more open and less cinematic… and to add coop, that takes more time too…. so don’t expect that at launch lol, this is going for a more cinematic type of story by the looks of it. I’d rather have a humans VS monsters online COMPETITIVE mode added to this game if you’re going to add any kind of multiplayer, think of THAT! And I hope you guys go crazy with the guns, need some variety and more unique stuff to spice up the shooting – take Tesla to the NEXT level..! Looks beautiful so far, hope it’s not too short of a game.

Welmosca said:

December 8th, 9:32 am

Was expecting to find the gameplay video here…thats disappointing.

@ 12 COUGAR_PR – Wow STFU already…casual.

wareagle247 said:

December 10th, 6:18 am

I believe this game is going to be hit no matter what the initial thoughts of a demo are. After all it is a gameplay demo that sheds more light on mechanics than story where I think this game will be rich.