PlayStation Vue

Dec 06

Uncharted 4 LEAD

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by on Dec 06, 2014 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Saturday morning at the inaugural PlayStation Experience we unveiled the very first Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End gameplay. In case you missed it, here’s the full playthrough:

Although we are still in the pre-alpha stage of development, everything you see in the video is in-game and in real-time running at 1080p and a stable 30hz. It’s looking pretty spectacular already and we still have quite some time to optimize and refine our technology to make this the best looking and playing Uncharted game to date.

If you’re wondering who called Nathan Drake “little brother” and exactly what that means, we’ll be trickling out more details soon. Why is Drake on an island? What’s he searching for? Who’s shooting at Drake again and why is he shooting back? Be sure to pay attention to our Twitter feed and social channels for the latest news and updates. 2015 is going to be awesome.

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

82 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Shadow-Man_4 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

Oh man, that was amazing. I loved it. Can’t wait to see more!

+ Insomnia999 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Looks amazing! Can’t wait!!
Multiplayer beta at some point?

+ ycole11 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Exceptional work. Looking forward to this!!

+ THX1138 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

U4 Beta.

+ THX1138 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

During E3 2015…

+ Garconis on December 6th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

I prefer 60Hz.

+ JnF_Gho5t on December 6th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Simply amazing

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 6th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Maybe it was my stream, but graphics looked downgraded…

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on December 6th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

I was expecting more in general, but I liked what I have saw.

+ CIausSanAndreas on December 6th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Thanks Naughty Dog, ¡THANKS! <3

+ Verdugo04 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Is the final game still targeting 60Hz? Or have you guys decided to opt for better visuals at the expense of frame rate?

+ amackey10 on December 6th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

30Hz? So uncharted 4 isn’t going to run at 60FPS?

+ RadicalEnigma on December 6th, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks Amazing! I think for anyone saying it doesn’t look THAT much better than U3 or Last of Us, seems like they don’t have an eye for the the subtleties in life. The animation/lighting/other nuances are just so much better! But I do think they graphics are also a lot better. (some people need to check their eyes or something) But for anyone who thinks “the graphics aren’t much improved”, I think that’s more a testament to Naughty Dog’s amazing art direction. Ohhhhhhh soooo excited. <3 you Naughty Dog, can't wait! ^_^

+ FutureAssasin1 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

I cant wait for this game. It looks too good to be true, and I am buying this as soon as it comes out :D

+ Ryusennin on December 6th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Considering how hard it is for the PS4 to run PS3 games (Last of Us, I’m looking at you), 30 Hz was pretty much predictable.

Now Uncharted 4 seems to be a mixture of U1 and U2. Is it a good thing? You bet it is. After five years of errancy, it looks like Naughty Dog is finally back on the right track. One game is not enough to make me buy a console (which might be obsolete in three years), but that’s definitely a start.

+ wjang on December 6th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

I love how most studios spout PR and ask fans to get hyped but ND is just like F that heres the game *drops the controller*

+ medenko1975 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

this is alpha people, wait for beta and then final retail…

i’m drooling already,

+ PAPA_DOC_LIVES on December 6th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

What is the framerate and resolution for this video for Uncharted 4 (above video)???? PLZ tell me ASAP as I am writing an article (freelance) for NVG.com on it!!! TY! :)

+ Hayades on December 6th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Awesome stuff but the way Nathan moves is weird. It’s like his ass moves too much or something. Don’t really know how to describe it but it’s weird.

+ Matrix_Lion on December 6th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Naughty Dog I wouldn’t expect anything less, superb.

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

I cannot wait.

+ matt11707 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

gameplay looks good, uc4 is going to be goty next year.

+ brochman on December 6th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

Read people read before you start talking crap about the game

as they SAID

“still in the pre-alpha stage of development, everything you see in the video is in-game and in real-time running at 1080p and a stable 30hz. It’s looking pretty spectacular already and we still have quite some time to optimize and refine our technology to make this the best looking and playing Uncharted game to date.”

+ GamingBeast_888 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

Are u guys still targeting 60Fps for the final product,…,?

+ kamelyan25 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

I am a big fan of uncharted I played the 3 previous version. I can’t for this one to come one
When it’s the release date?

+ Rivodo66 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Naughty Dog never let harm anyone…

+ HeavyD-Love on December 6th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Obviously we all know U4 will be amazing, but I can’t help feel they would have been better off & had more of a WOW impact factor debuting gameplay in a shorter, more focused, gameplay highlights trailer, as opposed to the lengthy one level gameplay demo they opened with.

+ Grayfox2k8 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

The gameplay had me interested from start to finish.

+ axelo624 on December 6th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

OH MAN, I cannot wait to play this, this already has the looks of a game of the year contender. that’s how great naughty dog is, they made a 15-16 minute gameplay trailer seem like only 2 minutes because I was so locked in the entire time. This is hands down my most anticipated game for next year.

+ duckley on December 6th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Fantastic – cant wait. I hope there is a casual mode – otherwise I will be dying lots LOL!

+ Red-5x on December 6th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

Hi:
Well, I have to say that I was speccing graphics like the Reveal but please, Naughty Dog, try to achieve that quality at 60fps AND, if possible, star with the Co Op Campaign already on PlayStation 4. Multiplayer isn’t as much important as Co Op Campaign. Just imagine…

+ gunm14 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

That was great! Real action hero type stuff. Can’t wait!!

+ bbswarrior_11 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

That was impressive, completely amazed it all. I´m gonna be watching this video over and over.

+ footballrule on December 6th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

Beautiful graphics and the gunplay looks addictive! Amazing how smart the AI is! I want a look at multipkayer next!

+ squareassassin12 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

This game looks amazing naughty dog makes the greatest games.

+ KazeEternal on December 6th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game. This is why I own a PS4. To bad we’re not getting an Uncharted Collection for PS4 :(

Don’t suppose we can get Golden Abyss working on PlayStation TV ?

+ xxnike629xx on December 6th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

Now imagine if they remastered Uncharted 1-3 and Golden Abyss as well as all of the God of War games in this graphical quality.

+ Kchow23 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

That was amazing! The showstopper from the entire keynote… I hope we can get 60 FPS by the time of release :)

+ StingrayX on December 6th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

yes yes yes yes yes

+ edk-1010 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

So they lied about the E3 graphics, and now they lie about the frame-rate? I thought this was supposed to be 1080p 60fps. Disappointing.

+ MakaiOokami on December 6th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

I think the fact that people aren’t overly impressed with the graphics, is a testament to how much this team can bang out amazing quality on 256 VRAM and like 160 system RAM (I believe 90 was allocated for system resources and background stuff)

I personally want them to get away from photo realism and go back to their old Jak ways. I miss when Naughty Dog took us far away to do unique things in unique ways. They have all this power, and all this ability, I want to see their imagination go crazy!

Oh a steam punk fantasy story Action RPG? Maybe an action adventure game where you are a monster and the humans have almost wiped out and exiled all the monsters in the world, and you’re their last hope for survival and freedom? Come on Naughty Dog, Drake was great, Last of Us I need to finish playing, but stand up, climb out of that box, kick it to the curb and show people what awesome is!

+ jlws513 on December 6th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

I’m sold take my 60 dollars!

+ tonydamiani on December 6th, 2014 at 3:31 pm said:

Wow just… Wow! Looks breathtaking! Real. And Drake is Married, Fat and Old. Nice :P

+ wwwdotjames on December 6th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

Yikes, okay already… here is my wallet, take it!

+ Kegsy on December 6th, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

Here take my money now (just pre-ordered from Amazon). I love the uncharted series (or any naughtydog game).

Looks amazing.

+ MEND0ZA__MD on December 6th, 2014 at 4:20 pm said:

WHERE CAN I WATCH THE WHOLE KEYNOTE!!!! =!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?111?!?!?!?!

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2014 at 4:24 pm said:

Naughty God

+ TheMachinist on December 6th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

One ticket for the Hype Train, please. I’m so ready for this. I don’t pre-order games, but this is getting a pre-order.

+ NorthernLitez on December 6th, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

One word….WoW!

+ nanaki85 on December 6th, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

The game looks amazingly beautiful, but I think the gun sounds should have slightly a little more echo feel to it; (8:40) especially in this environment, it’s the little things :) either way I’m really excited to play this!

PAGE 1 2