Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Dec 11

FF Type-0 CE

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collector’s Edition Revealed

Scott Strichart's Avatar Posted by on Dec 11, 2014 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Square Enix

Good evening, PlayStation.Blog! It’s a little later than we usually post, but we wanted to bring you this bit of news as soon as it broke. Today, er, tonight, we’re happy to announce that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is getting its very own Collector’s Edition. Available in limited quantities, you can lock in your order on this premium collection of cool stuff now, for $99.99. Ah, but what’s in it, you ask? Well, in industry circles, we call the image below a “beauty shot,” and with good reason! Look upon its majesty.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Let’s discuss what you’re seeing, shall we? We’ll start with the golden Steel Book case, featuring what I personally think is one of long-time Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano’s finest pieces — the goddesses of Orience. On the inside is the Japanese kanji for the game title: 零, or “Rei,” meaning “zero,” and 式, or “shiki,” meaning “type.” We know you guys appreciate authenticity.

The Steel Book holds both the game disc and a 15-track collection of songs hand-picked by the game’s composer, Takeharu Ishimoto. If the name doesn’t ring a bell, he also did the score for Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-, among others. He’s one of my favorite composers in the business right now, and Type-0’s soundtrack is stellar.

Let’s move over to the books. A 200 page manga that takes place alongside that super emotional opening of Type-0, giving you deeper insight into the characters, and next to that, an 80 page art book, featuring the art of some of our most talented artists who worked on this title. The foreword is even written by the game’s director, Hajime Tabata.

Last but not least, five life-size replicas of the iconic cards you’ve seen Ace holding in all our promotional materials. The fronts feature illustrations of the Type-0 Eidolons: Odin, Ifrit, Shiva, Diabolos, and naturally, Bahamut.

If all this stuff wasn’t enough, we’ve even got some neat incentives for you to pre-order this from us at Square Enix — you’ll automatically be entered into a sweepstakes where you could win a Final Fantasy Type-0 custom PS4, an art canvas of Ace, a Vermilion Bird lapel pin that retails for $200… and a whole bunch of runner up prizes, too.

And finally — getting the Collector’s Edition will guarantee your access to the Final Fantasy XV -Episode Duscae- demo. We’ve gotten a lot of questions about this demo, so while I’m here, I’ll drop some knowledge on that too.

First, as Tabata-san said in a recent episode of Square Enix Presents, this demo is exclusive to Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. We’re never going to release it as a stand-alone piece down the line. Secondly, it’s intended to be a special gift for those of you who purchase early — the demo will be limited to the “Day One” edition of the game, meaning that only the first shipment is going to have the demo in it. So if the demo is something you think you might like, we highly encourage you to pre-order or to be quick about getting to the store on launch day, March 17th, 2015.

I’ll close with one more announcement — On January 23rd at 10:00AM Pacific, Tabata-san himself is going to be doing a Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Reddit AMA.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

You guys here on PlayStation.Blog have had a lot of great questions that only someone from our development staff would be able to answer, so I definitely want to invite you guys to participate! That said — considering you won’t have gotten a chance to play the Final Fantasy XV demo at that point, we’ll only be taking questions relating to Type-0 HD. But don’t fret! The Final Fantasy XV demo is just the beginning, and we’re looking forward to talking to you more about that when the time comes.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Hero_of_Lgnd on December 11th, 2014 at 8:34 pm said:

Will the Final Fantasy XV Demo be available to play when Type-0 launches?

+ yowzagabowza on December 11th, 2014 at 8:35 pm said:

Oh, ok, you wanted to get THIS information out immediately, but have yet to comment on the freaking STORE!? Way to prioritize. You guys have taken ten steps backwards. Your customer service is terrible, andNONE of you can be bothered for even a small explanation. Pathetic.

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 8:37 pm said:

Hi Yowzagabowa! What seems to be the issue? How can I help? :)

+ Halaster on December 11th, 2014 at 8:39 pm said:

When is it actually going to be available in the store ?

The link given here links to the store which has no mention of this.

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

It’s available now on the Square Enix Store! I can’t actually provide the link here, but it’s OUT THERE, trust me!

+ Justin Massongill on December 11th, 2014 at 8:59 pm said:

Hey Hal, here’s a direct link to the SE Store to pre-order.

+ Jesszman on December 11th, 2014 at 8:42 pm said:

If we purchase the game on PSN, will we be given access to the FF 15 demo?

+ Deathman63 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

Looks great. Have we EU customers any chance to purchase it too?

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 8:47 pm said:

Yes, the CE is confirmed for both Europe and Australia. The purchase page will be available soon, but if you’re in EU, you know how early AM it is right now, so thank you for your patience and for joining us!

+ jchill001 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

do we need the collectors edition if we want the XV demo?

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 8:52 pm said:

Not at all. The FINAL FANTASY XV -EPISODE DUSCAE- demo DOES come in every CE, but it’s also in the Day One Edition of the standard SKU. Meaning, it’s available in the first print run that we make of the game, and not beyond that.

+ FifthDream on December 11th, 2014 at 8:51 pm said:

I had a five-month old preorder for the regular edition, but the second i saw this, i cancelled that order and preordered this edition.

I’m so excited for this to come out. I’ve looked forward to the game for a long time, but this edition is SO pretty. ::grabby hands::

+ Dante105 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:53 pm said:

So this is gonna be on amazon?

+ gerneric123 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:54 pm said:

does this include a certain handheld version

+ magooser on December 11th, 2014 at 8:55 pm said:

If FFX can come to PS3, PS4 and Vita, why can’t this?

+ HCG_Musashi on December 11th, 2014 at 8:55 pm said:

Are you going to a announce when the CE is available on Twitter? I don’t see anything yet, but people are saying they already ordered?

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 8:57 pm said:

The CE is available now! I can’t provide the link here, but you can find it out there right now. :)

+ PAFenix on December 11th, 2014 at 8:55 pm said:

Is this available to order from retailers? I don’t feel comfortable ordering online….

+ Halaster on December 11th, 2014 at 8:56 pm said:

For anyone who is looking for the actual link to purchase it, I was unable to find it located in the Square-Enix store anywhere, but tracked it down to its own exclusive page located at: http://type0.na.square-enix.com

+ KazeEternal on December 11th, 2014 at 8:58 pm said:

Thank you for not making us use the Square Enix store to order the collectors edition. Much appreciated. Now to spam the hell out of Amazon till it pops up.

+ PrinceofXIII on December 11th, 2014 at 9:04 pm said:

Where’s the pre order link?

Guess i’ll cancel my Gamestop order.

Also PLEASE PLEASE!!! for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD PS4 version

All i want is Dual Audio, 60FPS, 1080p and ability to play the original OST in addition to the remix one.

If you do this, i guarantee you, this will be enough for people to double dip once again. I might even buy two copies just to show proof that i love this series and my favorite of all time.

Do it Square Enix!!

+ gerneric123 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:04 pm said:

ps3 and vita aren’t powerful enough to run this pretty upped psp port, magooser

+ djsaiyan on December 11th, 2014 at 9:07 pm said:

Oh yay, another Square-Enix store exclusive collector’s edition for me to not buy because Digital River is terrible.

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 9:09 pm said:

The FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD CE is being offered by PepitaStore, Inc. :)

+ Dante105 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:11 pm said:

I’m not seeing this anywhere. Checked the Square Store, Amazon, Wal-mart, gamestop ect

Where are you guys hiding the pre orders?

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 9:13 pm said:

Jason provided a direct link earlier in the comments. :)

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

Justin! My bad, Justin!

+ Justin Massongill on December 11th, 2014 at 9:16 pm said:

I’ll let you have this one, Shawn.

+ bocahfooty on December 11th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

Can you please stop forcing your customers to use the SE store for CEs? Why can’t you give us more choices? Amazon, at least?

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 9:28 pm said:

We did what we could to sweeten the deal on the store with our sweepstakes! Understandable though that you’d want options, so we’ll definitely look at the feedback for this CE.

+ Dante105 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:15 pm said:

So its exclusive to that one store?

+ dragonmagician on December 11th, 2014 at 9:19 pm said:

Vita version please!

+ Dante105 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:21 pm said:

I demand Amazon! (Please, Very pretty Please!)

+ Pabloo1010 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:22 pm said:

Ou la la! Now give me an Amazon link :)

+ Lord-Me on December 11th, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

1. Thank you for bringing the game with a FFXV demo.
2. Thank you for giving us this CE.
3. Thank you for not using Digital Rivers, I missed the Drakengard 3 CE due to them!
4. Will this be day 1 delivery?

+ Scott Strichart on December 11th, 2014 at 9:31 pm said:

1. You’re welcome!
    2. You’re welcome!
    3. You’re welcome!
    4. While we can’t GUARANTEE day 1 delivery, (weather, distance, your mail man takes a wrong turn, all of those are factors of course) but we do try to make sure it’s close.

+ camseyeview on December 11th, 2014 at 9:27 pm said:

Will this collector’s Edition be available on Amazon or ANY OTHER store?

+ DarkStar83x on December 11th, 2014 at 9:27 pm said:

I preordered it. Had to use another browser since the one I normally use didn’t want to, but got it to work. To anyone feeling nervous, got the KH 2.5 CE from them with no problems. That steelbook looks awesome!

+ shawn-norris on December 11th, 2014 at 9:28 pm said:

@18 The thing is, it’s not up to Sony as to how games get distributed unless it’s a first-party title. Since this is being published by Square Enix, they get to decide where to sell and where not to sell everything, and unfortunately they like selling their collector’s editions through their own store.

+ canedaddy on December 11th, 2014 at 9:28 pm said:

Still salty about it not coming to Vita (despite that initial announcement). I’ll pass.

+ Dragun619 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:30 pm said:

Cool. But yea, Can we get some details on Final Fantasy 7 for PS4?

And maybe Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 too?

+ shawn-norris on December 11th, 2014 at 9:31 pm said:

@28, that’s also up to Square Enix.

+ jakekoloko001 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:31 pm said:

What’s going on with the PS store !? Any body else is having some problems with the playststion network !?

+ ifrint120 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:32 pm said:

If we pre-order the game on PSN(if we can), will we get access to the FF XV demo?

+ icecoldgangstaa on December 11th, 2014 at 9:35 pm said:

As much as I’d like to support you guys and order from YOUR online store, I’ve come to despise your poor shipping partners. Case in point: PepitaStore

I ordered the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix Collector’s Edition and expected it to arrive on December 2nd. It’s been over 1 week now and I still haven’t received my game. Their shipment deliverer UPS tell me that they’ve dropped it off to USPS. USPS tell me that they haven’t received the parcel. Here I am, stuck in an infinite loop of “contact the other company” and all PepitaStore can tell me is “please wait a little longer”. Customer service my a**. I’ve already waited past 1 week. Are they going to tell me to wait 1 month now?!

+ Kirjava444 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:35 pm said:

Looks really nice! I wish you would include some other options instead of only having it on the SE store though – to be honest, the international shipping rates to Canada are really high there. It puts a $100 game closer to $150 :/

+ ShadowKing0 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:43 pm said:

Oh WOW!! That Collector’s Edition is Amazing!! I do have one question though. Ok I saw on the SE site that if you pre-order the CE You get entered in a contest/sweepstakes to win a Custom FF Type-0 PS4 Console.

My Question is, Is there anyway for this Console to be available for purchase at Major Retailers (Gamestop, Amazon, etc etc.) ??
I mean the Sweepstakes is cool and all but I have the worst luck when it comes to any Type of Sweepstakes/Contest.
LMAO!

Or perhaps you can make a different Designed Console available for Purchase in Stores.

+ bocahfooty on December 11th, 2014 at 9:44 pm said:

@26 I know it’s not up to Sony. Scott is the marketing manager for SE, what’s your point?

+ servant777 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:44 pm said:

When I preorder do I have to pay right then or does it come out of my account at a later time?

+ PrinceofXIII on December 11th, 2014 at 9:45 pm said:

Hello Square Enix.

I screwed up the email name for the confirmation of the order.

Can you please help me change the email so you can resend me the order confirmation email?

+ BlaqMagiq24 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:45 pm said:

Can you preorder this at Gamestop?

Will this be VERY limited or will there still be more made after the release date?

+ PAFenix on December 11th, 2014 at 9:48 pm said:

Well, I got wife approval, so I might actually get on this.

Though funds are tight, when will I get charged for the order? At the time of the order/preorder or at the time of shipping?

+ ShadowKing0 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:50 pm said:

@36 & @39 The Pepita Store takes your $$$ Right Then & There

+ PrinceofXIII on December 11th, 2014 at 9:54 pm said:

Uh no

“Congratulations. Your order has been registered and you will be charged $108.98. 10 days before we start the deliver around 3rd of March 2015”

+ servant777 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:55 pm said:

@40 Thanks for the info.

+ servant777 on December 11th, 2014 at 9:56 pm said:

@41 Are you saying you weren’t charged right then and there?

+ ReveirgPhoenix on December 11th, 2014 at 9:58 pm said:

Any chance for this to be available somewhere else than S-E store?
35$ shipping price for Canada is insane. The whole thing comes up to 155$ CAD.
Could you consider a better option for Canadians? Thanks!

+ SirDiDimus19 on December 11th, 2014 at 10:10 pm said:

Why does it have to be through the stupid SE Store? I absolutely hate the fact that the only way to get any collector’s editions of any of their games is through their store. I and a multitude of people are always receiving damaged items through the incompetence of the E-vendors not packaging the the products with any sort of protection. This happened with FFX|X-2 HD, FFXIV ARR, Drakengard 3, Lightning Returns FFXIII, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5, Theatrhythm Curtain Call and more that likely will happen with this game as well. Most of these editions are an upwards of a 100 bucks and that isn’t cheap either. When I order something I expect it to packaged with proper care and protection, not just thrown into a damn box with NO PROTECTION AT ALL and making it susceptible to damage the day they put it into a damn box.

+ KainDrake on December 11th, 2014 at 10:16 pm said:

So why can’t you provide a link to the preorder page? Don’t tell us we can get it now and not tell us where to get it, especially when it’s nowhere in the Square Enix store. That’s not how you pitch a sale and it’s bad marketing.

+ shrimpdude on December 11th, 2014 at 10:16 pm said:

*walks in*

Vita?

*leaves*

+ IGoDur on December 11th, 2014 at 10:17 pm said:

PRE-ORDERED!!!!!!! Much like the Kingdom Hearts Collector’s Edition, this shall be mine as well lol. That steelbook is too shiny to pass up.

+ PrinceofXIII on December 11th, 2014 at 10:25 pm said:

Contact Email is at the bottom page of Type-0(Thankfully!)

support-en-square-enix@pepitastore.com