PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 11

gta-v

PlayStation Store: November’s Top Sellers

gta-v

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Dec 11, 2014 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

It’s that time again!

In a debut that likely surprised nobody, Grand Theft Auto V has blasted to the top of the PlayStation Store charts for November. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Assassin’s Creed Unity filled out the top three, with Far Cry 4 and Minecraft trailing just a little further behind.

PS3 is a different story, with CoD: Advanced Warfare nabbing the top spot over runner-up Minecraft. Mojang’s blocky phenomenon ruled the handheld world though, snagging the #1 spot on PS Vita — where Tales of Hearts R and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth were numbers 2 and 3 respectively.

Journey over to the European PlayStation.Blog to see how each title stacked up internationally, and visit the comments to let us know what you think December’s lineup will look like.

PS4 Games
1 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
2 Tales of Hearts R Digital Limited Edition Bundle
3 The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
4 Freedom Wars
5 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
6 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
7 SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appetit!
8 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
9 Soul Sacrifice Delta
10 Home – A Unique Horror Adventure
PS Classics
1 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
2 Castlevania: SotN (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
3 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
4 FINAL FANTASY VII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
5 Crash Bandicoot (PS3/PSP)
6 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
7 Mega Man X5 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
8 Bully
9 Mega Man X4 (PSOne Classic)
10 CTR: Crash Team Racing (PS3/PSP)

38 Comments

+ jakekoloko001 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Wow no borderlands the pre-secual ?

+ MattDanam on December 11th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

The two most popular PS One games on the Classics list: Crash Bandicoot and CTR: Crash Team Racing aren’t even available on the PS Vita in North America. Lol.

+ jakekoloko001 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

The pre-sequel

+ cronqvist on December 11th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Glad to see Freedom Wars is still in the top 5 for Vita. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a thousand times: it’s a crime how poorly advertised it is outside Japan, where they have a lot of merchandise around the title and they’re even posting content about the game almost daily in the official blog. At least give us some official wallpapers of the great Percy Propa! For the greater good!

+ langdon on December 11th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

Can you guys get the “Top Downloads” section of the Vita store updated? =[

+ TeamGreen615 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Tales of Hearts R at #2 on the Vita! I have about 25hrs. on it and I’m really enjoying it. I bought Soul Sacrifice Delta at the sale price now we need a sale for The Ratchet and Clank Collection on Vita. Keeping my fingers crossed for something in the next two weeks.

+ TwinDad on December 11th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Interesting that LittleBigPlanet 3 sold well on PS4, but not on the PS3.

+ Bigsilvs on December 11th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Wow, that many people, including myself, got ripped off on the Destiny Expansion Pass.

+ magooser on December 11th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Hey Sony, how about you advertise Vita games like Freedom Wars….like AT ALL. How are people supposed to buy Vitas without any ads?

+ yowzagabowza on December 11th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

Ill be suprised if there is even a list for december. THE STORE HASNT WORKED PROPERLY FOR THREE DAYS WITH NO COMMUNICATION FROM SONY!!!!! SERIOUSLY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER RELATIONS!!!!

+ DanteMerfi on December 11th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

So LBP3 didn’t even make the PS3 list? Yikes.

+ SureBigBuster on December 11th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Whoever hasn’t purchased Inquisition yet, do yourself a favor and buy that masterpiece already for the love of Andraste!

+ Frozenflamekid on December 11th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

Infamous still going strong.

I would love to see either Killzone Shadow Fall or DriveClub during the Holiday Sale. They are both heavily discounted on Amazon but still selling for nearly full price on PSN.

+ death_nation100 on December 11th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

I have bout Tales of Hearts R already but haven’t played it due to low memory space so I will buy the 32 64 gb soon.

+ Welmosca on December 11th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

As always those who don’t deserve support on the top of the list….but its ok I know this will never change…hmpf people.

At least it is nice to see Second Son and Farcry 3 on the lists.Add-ons list on both PS3 and PS4 are the worst I saw in months.

The only list that was cool and nice to see was PS Classics with almost every game there being worth of support.Vita was ok too.

+ OneManArmyAndres on December 11th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Can you guys get the “Top Downloads” section of the Vita store updated? =[
plz.
last time it was updated, must have been on january when olli olli was released.

+ BurntGoliath on December 11th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Kingdoms of Amalur in the top 10 (and above new games like Rogue) is great. It’s such an under appreciated game. It excels at gameplay fluidity. I’m glad people are still getting around to it. Try it if you haven’t.

On another note, what the heck? Why are people still buying Minecraft?

+ paulogy on December 11th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

LBP3 didn’t even register on PS3? Wow. Could it be because no site seems to have reviewed it?

+ oversevethousand on December 11th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

@4
Have you seen what Soul Sacrifice Delta got? Freedom Wars had gotten tons of advertising comparatively, and it’s not really as deserving of all this attention and praise it’s gotten as Delta is either.

Speaking of, glad to see Delta charting, though sadly it’s probably only due to the sale.

+ Lackshmana on December 11th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

I hope Suikoden I and II can be on the list next month for PS Classics.

But that seems unlikely given how Sony botched the release of Sukoden II.

The game is still inexplicably not showing on PSP even though other games that came out the same day are available on that system. Konami has stated that they are not blocking it from the PSP, so why has Sony retroactively removed it from the store after it launched as a PS3/PSV/PSP title?

Come on Sony, the point of that release was to show that you are hearing the consumer, so fix this.

+ AizawaYuuichi on December 11th, 2014 at 12:23 pm said:

@ yowzagabowza: Maybe I’m just lucky, but the PS Store was working for me last night. Only one and a half days of downtime. Doesn’t quite add up to three days, but whatever…

@ MattDanam: I love how you somehow seem to have missed that two Megaman X games and RE 3 are all above Crash Team Racing, and both Castlevania and FF7 are above Crash Bandicoot. Top two PSOne Classics? Hardly. Try again.

@ the lists: Since I buy AAA at retail, the only thing I contributed to was the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass. Though it’s very cool to see Transistor in the top 20 PS4 games, and Second Son in the top 10.

+ oversevethousand on December 11th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Also, could we not have Add-On lists for Vita too?

Hate to break it to you, Sony, but PS3 is technically last gen. On the other hand, Vita’s not.

+ Elvick_ on December 11th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

I wish we could have Crash playable on Vita… and Spyro. It really really sucks that we can’t play them on Vita.

Good to see some great Japanese content on Vita’s list. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, make it happen Sony. Team up with Bamco to make it happen like you did Tales of Hearts R… also, Tales of Innocence R while you’re at it. Please…

Shame LBP3 isn’t higher up. Great game, albeit glitchy. Less so now thanks to the last patch.

+ Elvick_ on December 11th, 2014 at 3:23 pm said:

Oh, did Suikoden I & II not come out in Canada? I searched the Vita store for it and nothing. I looked at the new section and manually searched and didn’t see either of them. ):

+ Postmita on December 11th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Congrats on the sales. Is there a reason that sales numbers are never actually shared on the digital store? I’d love to know how many units some of these games are moving.

Thanks!

+ Legendia667 on December 11th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

@2
A. Just because you can’t directly download the Crash games from the Vita store doesn’t mean that they aren’t available on the vita. In fact, they are on mine as I am typing this.

B. The two most popular PSOne classics on the list are in fact available on the vita store… look again at that list. SOTN & FF VII both outsold the Crash games.

+ Mobius2525 on December 11th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

Man holiday price cuts are so effective, it seem Xbox one won Nov in US and UK. We all knew it was going to happen by them dropping the price till January but after the PS experience Sony showed they are ready for the long fight ahead.

+ TheFunkyPhantom on December 11th, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

Old Lego Marvel managed to outsell new Lego Batman 3. I’m a little surprised.

+ alvin10081988 on December 11th, 2014 at 8:38 pm said:

I thought they will release suikoden 1 on ps store on Vita?

+ MattDanam on December 11th, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

@AizawaYuuichi : I’m talking about terms of popularity, not sales. You can’t tell me the Crash Bandicoot PS One series alone isn’t the most popular on that system. He was their unheralded mascot, along with Spyro the Dragon.

@Legendia667 : And how exactly do you put Crash Bandicoot on a North American PSN for the Vita without taking advantage of the notorious glitch this past spring when all compatibility for all PSN games became available?

+ entengers on December 12th, 2014 at 5:40 am said:

final fantasy 13 for vita?

+ soviet_linux on December 12th, 2014 at 6:25 am said:

Minecraft toping the vita… Not surprised… Although am here enjoying Soul Sacrifice Delta, was skeptical about it since I played the vanilla version, but since it was on sole I just got to see what’s the hype all about, and let me tell you this… If you own a vita and u love monster hunter like games u must try soul sacrifice… Amazing game.

Also binding of Issac rebirth was a disturbing game, but surprisingly addictive… Spent countless hours trying to kill Mom..lol

+ soviet_linux on December 12th, 2014 at 6:29 am said:

Oh and BTW, this week was the worst sale for the vita… I mean who cares about football manager… This is US not Europe… So let’s have better games, as much as I love JPRG Conception II is just not going to cut it… Let’s have a good sale…

+ soviet_linux on December 12th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

We need more racing games for the Vita…. My PSP had like 15 racing games

+ callofdute1 on December 13th, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

I FINALLY AFTER CHANGING MY ROUTER SETTINGS FROM WPA TO WEP GOT MY PSP ONLINE TO DOWLOAD SUIKODEN 2 DIRECT TO MY PSP I WAITED 7 YEARS FOR THIS GAME TO COME ONTO PSN IT SAID NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY SYSTEM (PSP) THANK YOU SONY AND KONAMI GOOD JOB I WAS GOING TO BUY A PS4 AND 3 GAME BUNDLE FOR CHIRSTMAS NOW I AM NOT I AM BOYCOTTING SONY FOREVER I WILL SPEND WHATS LEFT IN PSN ACCOUNT AND THATS IT I QUIT I CONTACTED SONY FOR HELP ON HERE REPEATEDLY THE GAME CLEARLY STATED AVAILBLE FOR PSVITA PS3 AND PSP IVE HAD ENOUGH IM NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN IM 41 AND BEEN A SONY PLAYSTATION ADDICT SINCE I THINK 1996 RESIDENT EVIL RELEASE PS1 THANK YOU SONY GOOD JOB GODDBYE YOU MAKE ME SICK.

+ MonsterMan2734 on December 13th, 2014 at 6:56 pm said:

I have a question why is The Last of Us remastered at the top of the page when it’s not on any of the lists?

+ colstripcapn on December 14th, 2014 at 7:09 am said:

@Lackshmana

Unfortunately Sony does not listen to its consumers. We have Suikoden II because Konami listened to its consumers.

Hopefully Konami has a loud enough voice that Sony will hear and correct their mistake about removing the PSP flag, but that’s the only hope of getting it fixed.

I *really* would like to buy Suikoden II, but won’t until I can get it onto my PSP.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on December 14th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

@36
Because that banner means nothing..it’s a way to advertise their games basically.
My banner was Uncharted 4 if that tells you anything.