Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dec 16

disgaea_promo

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Hits PS4 in Fall 2015

Jordan Vincent's Avatar Posted by on Dec 16, 2014 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, NIS America

Disgaea 5

Hello there, Prinny Pals! Jordan from NIS America here to deliver unto you news the likes of which you have never heard before! In fall 2015, PS4 will be the exclusive home of Nippon Ichi Software’s latest entry in the fan-favorite Disgaea series! Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance brings together a completely new cast of characters to tell a tale of rebellion and revenge.

As a new and terrible Overlord named Void Dark seeks to enslave the countless Netherworlds, one young demon has stood to end his reign — Killia. In Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, you will lead Killia and his tenacious army of rebels in their struggle against Dark Void. Along their dark path to vengeance, you will encounter more hilarious writing, over-the-top animations, and absurd damage numbers than anyone has seen in a Disgaea game. Ever.

Disgaea 5Disgaea 5

If you’ve been thirsting for quirky characters, intense strategy, tumultuously tall towers of teammates, stat numbers, and gameplay hours that approach infinity (sort of), all in one game, well… you’ll have to wait until Fall 2015. But then, my young Prinnies, your thirst for vengeance — or Disgaea — will be quenched. Until then, bide your time; we’ll be back with more sweet, sweet details on your path to vengeance soon.

PAGE 1 2

+ Hero_of_Lgnd on December 16th, 2014 at 4:13 pm said:

YES! I cannot wait for this game. I have been keeping up with all the Japanese info and it looks great!

+ Toester_Strudel on December 16th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

The hype is ON!!! Cannot wait for the game to launch!

+ TheGrimHeaper on December 16th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Happy to see this coming out here! I’m a fan of almost all the confirmed main characters so far outside of Usaria, so I can’t wait to see more!

+ CapJSheridan on December 16th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

Really hope there’s a Vita version, you can play the whole series on it, same with Persona

+ Razlo on December 16th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

Can we get the Disgaea PS4 faceplates from Japan as a pre-order bonus or special bundle?

+ Silver_shion on December 16th, 2014 at 4:25 pm said:

I’ve played every single Disgaea game since PS2.
My favorite one is Disgaea 4 (SARDINES !!!)
This is the reason i bought a PS4.

PS: Any chances for a new Prinny game? I loved Prinny 1 and 2 on PSP

+ FifthDream on December 16th, 2014 at 4:27 pm said:

Yes! This will be my first Disgaea game.

Forgive me? <.<

+ boxmyth on December 16th, 2014 at 4:27 pm said:

Oh man. Every Disgaea game has been awesome and I expect no less from this one. It’s my preferred brand of SRPG.

+ LostXmas0 on December 16th, 2014 at 4:28 pm said:

A shame it doesn’t have a Vita version, but I will play it in PS4 anyway.

+ gslimjim98 on December 16th, 2014 at 4:30 pm said:

I have this horrible habit of buying games before im done with the first one. I am still playing Disgaea 3 on both the PS3 and Vita, i bout Disgaea 4 for PS4 but it dissappeared so i got it for VIta and havent played it yet. Now D5 is coming out lol. ima be playing catch up forever. it won’t stop me from buying D5 day one.

+ Kishnabe on December 16th, 2014 at 4:33 pm said:

Have all the portable Disgaea games. This will be probably be my first Console Disgaea…I doubt a Vita version will happen since it is PS4.

Even though I prefer SRPG on smaller screen.

Hope Disgaea D2 has a Vita port in the future.

+ Gizmoduck81 on December 16th, 2014 at 4:41 pm said:

Disgaea 2 sale please

+ rabidninjamonky on December 16th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

I beat Disgaea 3 and 4 both twice, on ps3 and vita. They are both great, but Disgaea 3 is still my fave SRPG ever. Mao and Raspberyl we’re hilarious. I heard NIS may go out of business if Disgaea 5 doesn’t sell well, and I really hope that’s not the case. Btw, are you guys ever going to put the Psp Disgaea 2 or Z.H.P on sale?

+ yawnawn on December 16th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

Wow, this is beautiful!

I need to start from the beginning for the Disgaea warm up :P. Have it in my list of game series to get.

+ pPpPancakes on December 16th, 2014 at 4:52 pm said:

Hooray! I started with Disgaea 4 and it was amazing, so I will pick this one up.

+ Wingman_SRK on December 16th, 2014 at 4:53 pm said:

I’ve only played the first game, but it was highly enjoyable, I’m sure a lot of people are going to be excited about this.

+ EndRant on December 16th, 2014 at 4:54 pm said:

When can I pre order? And will there be a limited edition?

+ Porcupeth00 on December 16th, 2014 at 5:01 pm said:

What about Europe?

Jordan Vincent's Avatar

+ Jordan Vincent on December 16th, 2014 at 6:36 pm said:

We’ll be bringing Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance to both North America and Europe! :)

+ SNORLAXex on December 16th, 2014 at 5:08 pm said:

Fall? Well, that’s to be expected, but at least it’s a confirmed date.

This is one of the games I bought a PS4 for, so I can’t wait.

+ Bellalara on December 16th, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

Yes!!!!!!! All aboard the hype train!!!!

+ SonOfRiggnarok on December 16th, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

@18 most likely it will take a year or so for it to come out, also they stated that if this game doesn’t say 150k copies they will most likely go out of business.

And THE HYPE IS ****ING REAL!

+ Souledge94 on December 16th, 2014 at 5:12 pm said:

Is there an easy mode for this series? I always wanted to play it for the crazy characters and story but I stink at the games.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on December 16th, 2014 at 5:19 pm said:

Any chance of continuing the Prinny series on Vita?

+ SonOfRiggnarok on December 16th, 2014 at 5:20 pm said:

@22 If you play the Disgaea games using only 1-2 characters the game will get extremely easy, just grind a bit early on and you’re golden, also make characters for throwing only that will help you get around the level easier.

+ Darkvizardichigo on December 16th, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

Will we get a limited edition like japan. Please say yes playstation. do it for the prinnys.

And @22. Nope you put on your big boy pants like the rest of us and suck it up. Do not worry. you learn in time how to play but save before every fight because a game over is just that. Game over you lose and dont save well your just out of luck.

+ fistofsuns on December 16th, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

I’m glad sony finally gave us a release date =)

+ NISJordan on December 16th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

North America and Europe too, dood! :)

+ yawnawn on December 16th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

@21

If you weren’t aware of the statement NIS made, that was a joke, a misinterpret, and they’re not going out of business.

+ ZELGADIZ-PLUS on December 16th, 2014 at 5:29 pm said:

YEESS!!!! I cannot wait for this game.

I love Nippon ichi + playstation

+ SonOfRiggnarok on December 16th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

@28 but they have stated that to be false.

+ SonOfRiggnarok on December 16th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

Either way I’M HYPED FOR THIS GAME AND I’M GLAD IT’S COMING TO NA!

+ illtornworld on December 16th, 2014 at 5:35 pm said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo! NIS!!!!! Please bring it sooner please!!!!!! Atleast bring us the demo so we can play as we wait! ugh. And bring Disgaea D2 to PS4 and PSVita! <3 love you guys!

+ gamefreak44 on December 16th, 2014 at 5:35 pm said:

Good news: They’re making another Disgae.

Bad news: Now I have to save up a ridiculous amount of money in order to afford a PS4.

+ Issuereed on December 16th, 2014 at 5:36 pm said:

Awesome! I’m super excited for this game. I’m going to buy it off of NisaAmerica.com. Disgaea 5 is easily my most anticipated game of 2015

+ DanChamp94 on December 16th, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

Yeah! thanks for not coming out the same day as bloodborne! Would’ve been reeeeeaaaaaaaaally tough choice

+ NISJordan on December 16th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

We’ll be bringing it to North America and Europe! Feel no fear! :)

+ PZDugna on December 16th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

I can wait for a good while, hope to see another great year for NISA localizations also, this year was a knockout one with both Danganronpa games.

Happy Holidays to your crew at NISA and NIS :D

Jordan Vincent's Avatar

+ Jordan Vincent on December 16th, 2014 at 6:39 pm said:

Thanks! We’re glad you enjoyed the Danganronpa games! Have a great holiday season yourself! :)

+ Blaine on December 16th, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

Oh hey, perfect opportunity to have a NIS sale, Sony! Increase NIS’s exposure and fanbase before 5 hits. 3 and 4 on Vita, and Danganronpa 1 and 2 could also use a sale, while you’re at it.

@13 rabidninjamonky

That was actually just a mis-translation. NIS isn’t at risk!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on December 16th, 2014 at 6:31 pm said:

Sadly it will be localized by the unprofessional, incompetent and crybabies hacks from NISA.

+ sMoKiN_dEm_TrEeS on December 16th, 2014 at 6:40 pm said:

Man! I was really praying NA will have the same release date as JP. C’mon guys its 2014!!!

+ TotalHenshin on December 16th, 2014 at 7:02 pm said:

I don’t know how you usually announce a Disgaea game, but “Hey doods!” is a great way to start. Thanks for bringing this over and all of the great effort you put in every year to serve the dedicated fanbase you’ve helped create.

+ SNORLAXex on December 16th, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

@39

Huh?
When has NISA done a bad translation?
At least for Disgaea, I can’t think of a single instance of bad translating.

+ Tjoeb123 on December 16th, 2014 at 8:03 pm said:

@42
He doesn’t mean a translation that’s full of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes (a la Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment). I think he’s referring to the fact that what they put in for the localization is sometimes different than the original Japanese script. …Not that I can read Japanese or anything, but playing the Danganronpa games (even platting the 1st game!), there are one or two instances where some of the text is obviously (to me) something NISA put in themselves. Like referencing Google, for instance. (unless Google is a thing in Japan?)

There have also been instances in the Neptunia games where what’s said in the Japanese audio track (according to fans who know Japanese and have reported this stuff online) doesn’t match what the text says at all.

Anyway, the whole reason I wanted to post in the first place is, that “Fall 2015” window….Is that for the Japanese release, or the NA one?

+ ThePalmtopTiger on December 16th, 2014 at 8:25 pm said:

ALL THE HYPE IS REAL!

+ ArchAngelMai on December 16th, 2014 at 8:27 pm said:

Please give us a Limited Edition as cool or better than Japan’s please! Love you guys! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Also Happy first night of Hannukuah too!

+ Mega26 on December 16th, 2014 at 10:24 pm said:

Woot. Love being a fan of all your work! Maybe i will finally get a Limited Edition =) Fromthe screenshots I can already tell NIS put alot of effort into it (as they do for most their games imo) Can’t wait! Thank you NIS! Day made!

+ FearMonkey on December 16th, 2014 at 11:54 pm said:

All my wants.

+ kenji_w0706 on December 17th, 2014 at 12:15 am said:

I bought PS3 because of Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

I bought PS Vita because of Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention.

I guess I will be buying PS4 because of another Disgaea game!

Looking forward to it !!!

+ NeptunexEmizel on December 17th, 2014 at 1:01 am said:

SOOOOOOOO cool

+ wicho-316 on December 17th, 2014 at 4:56 am said:

Cant wait!

Will we see a sale on the the past disgaea titles this holiday?

PAGE 1 2