Spider-Man PS4

Dec 18

Game of the Year

Votes Open: PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards 2014

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by on Dec 18, 2014 // Director, SIEA Social Media

Here we go again! It’s my honor and privilege to open reader voting for the PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards 2014, an annual chance for PlayStation fans to name the best of the best. We’ve even added two fancy new categories this year: Studio of the Year and Best PlayStation Plus Game. Ooh-la-la!

To vote, just click on your pick from our nominee lists below. If your game’s not listed, write in your pick by clicking the appropriate selection on each poll. The polls will close at 11:59 Pacific Time on December 31st, 2014. We’ll tabulate the results — including write-ins — and reveal the final list of winners alongside our Editors’ Choice awards in early January. Deal? On with the voting!

PlayStation.Blog: Game of the Year 2014

Best New PS4 Game

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

What was 2014’s best new PS4 title, disc or digital? Vote from the list below or write in your pick if it’s not listed here. Note: Remasters or re-releases of older titles from earlier PlayStation platforms are not eligible. We had to draw a line somewhere!

Best New PS3 Game

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

What was 2014’s best new PS3 title, disc or digital? Vote from the list below or write in your pick if it’s not listed here. Note: Remasters or re-releases of older titles from earlier PlayStation platforms are not eligible.

Best New PS Vita Game

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

What was 2014’s best new PS Vita title, retail or digital? Vote from the list below or write in your pick if it’s not listed here. Note: Remasters or re-releases of older titles from earlier PlayStation platforms are not eligible.

Best Digital Release

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

What was 2014’s best PlayStation Store debut? Vote from the list below (we went XL given the huge digital lineup) or write in your pick if it’s not listed here. Note: To qualify, title must have launched first on PlayStation Store.

Studio of the Year

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

What was 2014’s most extraordinary achievement by a creative team? Vote from the list below or write in your pick if it’s not listed here. Note: Any developer qualifies for nomination provided that they launched the title in question in 2014.

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

Best PS Plus Title of 2014 (US)

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

This one’s just for fun. Which was your favorite title offered free via PlayStation Plus membership in 2014? Look back on our 2014 PS Plus lineup here.

Most Anticipated 2015

PS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-SymbolsPS-Symbols

What’s your most anticipated new title for 2015 for any PlayStation platform? Vote from the list below or write in your pick if it’s not listed here. Note: Only titles that have a publicly stated 2015 release timeframe are eligible. No speculative write-ins, please!

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ Viewtiful_Gene on December 18th, 2014 at 6:04 am said:

The best games of the year are Earth Defense Force 2025 and Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed. No contest. Those ARE games, hilarious, entertaining, ridiculous and PURE FUN.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 11:09 pm said:

Good picks

+ KILLSON13 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:05 am said:

YES!!! I love these GoTY polls!

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:53 am said:

😃

+ l3uddha_0ne on December 18th, 2014 at 6:08 am said:

annnnnnnd done. Nice to see Indies getting some love on the lists.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:53 am said:

Gotta love ’em!

+ TimeSkipLuffy on December 18th, 2014 at 6:11 am said:

End of the year flash sale please :D

+ Dingaling1 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:11 am said:

south park was the best adaption of a series to game so far .it’d be great if they created a futurama in the same sort of style. when is dead island 2 out ?

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:54 am said:

South Park got my vote on PS3 :)

+ kush_and_modelos on December 18th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Hope you guys played Dust: An Elysian Tale when it was on plus. Loved that game a lot.

+ Locar20 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Shadow of mordor :) and Child of Light.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:54 am said:

Excellent choices!

+ GoateeSox on December 18th, 2014 at 6:13 am said:

I wish Spelunky was listed for PS4. It ended up being my write-in game of 2014.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

Yeah….we ended up disqualifying re-releases that launched in a prior year on a PlayStation platform. Otherwise it’d be The Last of Us, GTAV, Minecraft, etc all winning for the second year in a row.

+ Sarumonin on December 18th, 2014 at 6:14 am said:

Voted and voted. <3

+ DonBoaPeru on December 18th, 2014 at 6:14 am said:

Este año se fue altoq …. pero me diverti como siempre con mi querida PS3.

+ BURYMEso_i_see on December 18th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

GoTY for me was South Park. I think people forgot about how good it was because it came out early in the year, but it was easily my favorite.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

I completely agree. This one got my vote! Brilliant.

+ VeritableHero on December 18th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

This did a good job of reminding me how amazing the first half of the year was for Playstation Plus. There were so many great AAA titles like Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Batman Arkham City, Crysis 3. Then we reached the latter part of the year and things took a turn…

Still, there were a lot of good games over the past year. It’s hard to believe that all of these were in 2014.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

It was also a different era for PS3…

+ Sub-Zero on December 18th, 2014 at 6:21 am said:

Transistor was godlike. Hope they made enough $ for more in the series or something similar in the future.

+ SuperKhalid911 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

We want Shenmue 3 and Shenmue HD!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Tiago_Play3 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

Most Anticipated 2015… absolutely is Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Kablammo!

+ Skoric54 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:35 am said:

Хорошо, что GTA 5 в опрос не добавили

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Welcome! Feel free to vote Rockstar Studio of the Year

+ XpAcErX on December 18th, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

Strange ho Minecraft didn’t even make it into any list. I voted for it on other.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

Had to draw a line on re-releases, sadly.

+ Jasdoit23 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:37 am said:

Shout out to all the indie pears I mean games*!!

+ ossiecastro5 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

This is exciting. A lot of great games have been released this year. Let us hope that 2015 will bring the same.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

Judging by the list…yes!

+ Jasdoit23 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Also tom clancy’s rs seige really should be in the most anticipated list but glad they put the devision there

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

I’m looking forward to it too. WRITE IN YOUR VOTE

+ BajanShinobi on December 18th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Placed my votes. Question what kind of polls are these, where do you get them from. Looking to put together a poll on my site.

+ canedaddy on December 18th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

I didn’t think No Man’s Sky would have any competition for Most Anticipated 2015, but wow, next year is looking great.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

Yeah, not too bad!

+ NeWin_san on December 18th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

no Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN in any list !? that’s a shame ! it’s clearly the best game of 2014 and nearly the best game of the all Playstation 4 library !

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

Write in your vote!

+ raidoku117 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Goty bayonetta 2

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

Lol

+ bldudas on December 18th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

I can’t believe I had to write in Japanese games except for Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. :(

Can’t wait for Persona 5! >.<

+ colef10 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

My votes consisted of Velocity 2x, Naughty Dog, and inFAMOUS. Also, why wasn’t Velocity 2x in the best digital release section?

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:01 am said:

Write it in! :)

+ aragost on December 18th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

Alien Isolation PS4 for me. I really loved that game. Lots of great games this year, can’t wait for next year’s lineup!

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:01 am said:

Me too :-)

+ AbdulRauf-99 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

I want Crash Bandicoot for PS4 in 2015!!

+ ravens52hof on December 18th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

“Note: To qualify, title must have launched first on PlayStation Store.”

If so, then why is Fez listed as a nominee? It launched first on a certain other console in 2012. Also, Rogue Legacy was released for PC in 2013, but is console exclusive to Playstation platforms. Maybe you accidentally put Fez on the Best Digital Release list instead of the Best PS Plus Title list.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:02 am said:

As long as it didn’t release earlier on an existing PlayStation platform (such as a PS4 remaster of a PS3 game) we allowed it.

+ SeanStrange on December 18th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

PS4: Infamous Second Son
PS3: Dark Souls II
Vita: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Digital: Transistor
Studio of the Year: Ubisoft Montreal
Most Anticipated: Persona 5

Biggest surprise this year was how good Transistor was. I never thought I’d love a game so much. Also, Most Anticipated has to go to Persona 5. Loved the third game on the PS2, so I’m really excited to see more of the fifth entry next year.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

Good picks!

+ Remmy8199 on December 18th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

My votes,

PS4: Alien Isolation ( I had some really good times with this one. Pretty much grew up with the original movies.)

PS3: South Park Stick of Truth (Turn-based RPG + South Park = Major win in my book.)

Vita: Final Fantasy X/X-2 (I know it’s a port, but it still counts.)

Best Digital Release: Child of Light (Highly underrated game. Don’t let the fact it’s from Ubisoft scare you.)

Best Studio: Creative Assembly (They did an amazing job with Alien Isolation. I had serious nostalgia goggles playing that.)

Best PS+ Title: Velocity 2X (You guys really need a “buy permanently” option for Plus users. I’d pay money for this in a heartbeat.)

Most Anticipated 2015: Arkham Knight (This was my main reason for buying a PS4.)

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

Great votes! Mine were surprisingly similar…

+ lilcutegamer on December 18th, 2014 at 7:01 am said:

Best new PS4 game is Assassin’s Creed Unity! No doubt here! Those who don’t agree probably have never played it or have never seen a trailer!!!

+ Tinke90 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:01 am said:

dying light and the division is 2015 best games on ps4

+ DJRWarEagle90 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

GotY Easily for me was Dark Souls II. I don’t think I hit 600+ hours so quickly ever in video game. As for most anticipated definitely goes to Phantom Pain with Metal Gear being my favorite franchise.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

That was such a good game. I gave it to South Park though – so brilliant.

+ SureBigBuster on December 18th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

I REALLY like these polls!

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

I’m glad! Justin did all the hard work ^_^

+ GigaLucs on December 18th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

Best 2014 Vita game is Soul Sacrifice Delta, everything is so much better than the original SS, the story is more epic =)

+ TomHoang on December 18th, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

Voted for Velocity 2X on many of the choices. It’s a longshot, but the game deserves it! One of my hardest and proudest platinums.

+ Krillinfan on December 18th, 2014 at 7:16 am said:

Had to get my vote in for Freedom Wars alone. That game is so underappreciated.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 11:09 pm said:

It’s coming on strong

+ CaptReynolds on December 18th, 2014 at 7:18 am said:

My best of the year was Beyond Two Souls… Not enough love spread around for a deserving title

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

That was 2013…

+ cronqvist on December 18th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Freedom Wars for PS Vita GotY! For the greater good!

+ FortyPercent on December 18th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Drakengard 3 was my PS3 Game of the Year… but I get why it isn’t there. It certainly had its flaws, and it’s niche, but oh well. Would have liked to vote for it. One of my favourite games in a while.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

It’s ok, write it in! Our list is just a starting point.

+ CaptReynolds on December 18th, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

And yes I know it was released in 2013… I liked it that much… 😉

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on December 18th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

This was a really really close one there were a lot of amazing titles on all these polls XD

+ XxSTORM_FRONTxX on December 18th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

No Diablo 3 in the list for PS4. Houston, we have a problem.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

Remasters or re-releases that launched in a previous year on a PS platform are not eligible. We had to draw a line somewhere

+ madmanwithabox12 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:31 am said:

PS3: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Vita: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Digital: Velocity 2X
Studio: FuturLab (Velocity 2X)
PS+: Arkham City
2015: Arkham Knight

That said, there were some great games this year. Not as good as last year at all, but there were some gems if you knew where to look. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and Child of Light were also highlights for me this year. :o
On the other end of the spectrum, I was less impressed with Freedom Wars and LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham than I wanted to be. =/

For 2015, the big one for me is Arkham Knight. Otherwise known as the reason to buy a PS4. ;)
Also looking forward to Persona 5, Persona 4: Dancing All Night (which I really hope we get), Hell Divers, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Shovel Knight, Severed. Hopefully Danganronpa: Another Episode gets localised too. =D

+ Vipes_3 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

This was fun! I love giving friendly input for stuff like this. I’m probably the only one, but did anyone write Disgaea 5 for their most anticipated game for 2015? I can’t wait! So lucky to have a PS4.

+ ferrers405 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

PS4: Infamous Second Son
PS3: South Park
Vita: Velocity 2X
Digital: Child of Light
Studio of the Year: Telltale
Most Anticipated: Persona 5

+ RyoonZism on December 18th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

Binding of Isaac is the worst game I played this year.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 11:10 pm said:

Aw! I loved it so, so much. Probably my PS Vita GOTY

+ magicfan345 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

Most Anticipated Game for 2015 is Rainbow Skies. I know its not on the list, but I really enjoyed Rainbow Moon, can’t wait to play Rainbow Skies!!

+ magicfan345 on December 18th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

Believe it or not, I’ve not played any of the games on any of these lists. That includes the Plus list, and I’ve been a Plus member all year. Let’s just say I have more than a few games in my backlog.

+ Sid Shuman on December 18th, 2014 at 11:10 pm said: