Final Fantasy XV

Dec 24

flash

Flash Sale: End of Year Discounts on 30+ Games

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by on Dec 24, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

The holiday season is in full swing and the store shelves have been picked clean. But I have some good news if you didn’t get everything on your list — PlayStation Store never runs out of inventory, and if you want to pick up some of the biggest games of 2014 at a discount, we’ve got a Flash Sale starting right now. But time is of the essence, because the Flash Sale ends at 9:00 AM Pacific on Monday, December 29th.

December Flash Sale

Unwrap that new PS4, PS3 or PS Vita, and snag games like Dragon Age: Inquisition, NBA 2K15, Destiny, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, FIFA 15, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and more at up to 75% off as part of this Flash Sale. Check out the full lineup:

Title Platform Sale Price Original Price
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season PS4 $6.25 $24.99
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate PS4 $35.99 $59.99
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate PS3 $29.99 $49.99
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate PS Vita $23.99 $39.99
Watch Dogs PS4 $44.99 $59.99
Watch Dogs PS3 $44.99 $59.99

In addition to all the games on sale, we’ve also got discounted movies and TV shows available during this Flash Sale. Pick up movies like Godzilla or X-Men: Days of Future Past, and TV shows like Breaking Bad or Battlestar Galactica on sale. Head over to PlayStation Store to check out the full line-up of discounted movies and TV shows.

Make sure you make your way over to PS Store between now and Monday, December 29th at 9:00 AM Pacific to grab some awesome games before 2014 comes to a close. Happy holidays!

119 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Sharingan_itachi on December 24th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Happy Holidays Chieh, but there’s lack of Vita sales . Always.

+ VeritableHero on December 24th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

Defense Grid 2. Nice!

+ gerneric123 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

oh chieh, 3 vita games
you spoil us

+ Ikusa02 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

Where’s that PS1/PS2 flash sale at? This is not the flash sale I was looking for :(

+ NX_Nytrux on December 24th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

I was waiting for Infamous Second Son for december sales, but no luck. Maybe Lara for me. Merry Xmas for all of you, gamers!

+ KazeEternal on December 24th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

@Chieh Chen and PSN/Vita/PSTV system software and network dev team
Could we possibly get more options for downloading to devices on on our download queues? I own a PSTV and a Vita, the PSTV has less storage than my Vita and I just want to download to the Vita. I don’t ever get an option to download to just one or the other. This sometimes results in an error that blocks my queue and I find myself without my recent purchase when I grab my vita off its cradle in haste to get to my destination where I expect to be playing. This is a major hassle. I was expecting to play Resogun on my flight this afternoon and airport wifi kind of sucks.

+ dj_tachi on December 24th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

Welp, if you would have flashed these yesterday or had them in the Holiday Sale, you would have gotten my Dragon Age money. But I will be playing that on another machine (that’s been happening a lot recently).
Borderlands pass looks good tho.

Onward.

+ LittleDoDonk on December 24th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

More Vita games, please.

+ boomstickbhg on December 24th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

Thank you PSN staff, this is the kind of sale I’ve been waiting for!

Although I just bought a physical copy of Walking Dead Season 1 today for 30, since your 4 weeks of sales were over…. I wonder if I can take it back after being opened….

Is Borderlands the Pre-Sequel really part of this sale?

It doesn’t show up in the Flash Sale section, and when I search for the game it’s still listed at the full 69.99 price (in Canada’s PSN store).

Is it just slow to update the price, is the game not on sale, or is it not on sale for Canada?

Also there are a bunch of games on the list that are a different price in Canada, will you please start listing Canada prices again (like you did for new releases) as well as sales?

Merry Christmas.

+ Miuki_Salvarus on December 24th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

Thank you for this sale!

+ Green-Banana-kun on December 24th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

Where is the minecraft update? It’s already been released in Europe. Why hasn’t it been released to North America?

+ gerneric123 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

hey chieh,
psp turns 10 in north america this year
maybe it would be a good idea to hold a big sale with big discounts to celebrate (or at least acknowledge) that

+ SHE5-EL3ARAB on December 24th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

STILL NO PS PLUS SUBSCRIBE SALE :C
I ONLY HAVE 30$ AND WANT TO RENEW MY SUBSCRIBE :3

+ burn_heretic82 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

(facepalm) lemme put this in a way that sony reps might understand. V I T A S A L E. Real big developer games. Thanks for Akiba’s Trip, but after all the holiday sales sucking so bad, you coulda thrown us a few retail games…would make up for me having to dish out $120 for a 64 gb memory card, when i bought my vita for 149. Freakin rediculous.

+ Green-Banana-kun on December 24th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

I forgot to add even though there are only 3 vita games, this sale is a little better than I expected it to be. Thanks.

+ theXsilentXchild on December 24th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

have you learned anything PlayStation? You can get these games at retail for a lot cheaper than your digital ones. Digital should always be cheaper than retail oh well I guess you will never learn

+ jchill001 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

the walking dead season 2 for ps4? why not the vita? i bought season 1 last year for the vita for roughly the same price and i want to buy season 2 for the vita for roughly the same price!!!

+ redemptivefrog on December 24th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

so disappointing. sorry, but I’m not interested in any of these. But I guess these might work for people looking for newer titles.. maybe!

Oh well, at least I got South Park during the first week :)

+ zak191919 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

I just bought Borderlands Pre Sequal and Season pass today to be ready on Christmas. I bought then went back in store to download dlc and theres the flash sale. Maybe a stupid question but PLEASE tell me theres some way I can get refunded the sale portion… :( :(

+ jakekoloko001 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

This is much much !! Better than yesterday !! Dragon age inquisition, the walking dead season pass for my ps4 are awesome deals !! THANKS SONY !!HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOR EVERYONE !!

+ Kid_Loser on December 24th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

I don’t think you guys try to make these sales at all competitive. What’s stopping us from buying a used game at much cheaper value than these sale prices, then selling it back to get more money? Not this flash sale.

Look at Steam. Look at their sales. They put their prices so low because they know they will make something off everything sold and they sell a lot. They’re making BILLIONS because of it. Gabe is a Billionaire because of it.

Sony, you do not understand competitive sales.

+ boomstickbhg on December 24th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

Borderlands the Pre Sequel is still showing up as 69.99 and not listed in the Flash sale.

PLEASE READ THE COMMENTS AND FIX THE STORE!

Last week there were missing items from the store update that were never fixed and no one replied to any messages.

+ fade-HD- on December 24th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

3 Vita games. That can’t possibly be all there is. There’s just no way.

+ Kishnabe on December 24th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Will pick up a PS4 this Boxing Week.

However won’t pick up the Telltale games even at that price. I keep those for the Vita.

Would love to see Season 2 and Wolf among us Vita for 6.25 each. JRPG, Visual Novel, Indies, Interactive Point Click games are so much on the handheld. A little painful and boring on the big screen for me…..I feel immersed on the Vita.

If Telltale games had Cross Buy…then sure easy buy. No…..so will wait for the Vita sale.

+ purse317 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

Many of us were highly upset yesterday and this is a bit of a reliever. Finally many triple AAA title prices are in line with retial prices. However consider yhe timing I mysel said screw it and brought the games I wanted retail so psn won’t get my money sadly. Also you still need to loook at the competition many would argue their sale timing structure and length are better than yours. Let’s be honest this doesn’t compare to Steam and M$ started their AAA title sales sometime ago and has had more titles on sale. Both groups even set their sales up so you have to you want to come back daily to see what’s new. Good sale overall but not great its 3rd out of 4ty place compared to your competitors 4th out of 5th if you consider retail sellers.

Also why in the world haven’t we seen a Vita aale especially since Sony released the PS TVit makes no sense.

+ Kishnabe on December 24th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

boomstick….the physical version of Borderlands Pre Sequel is going for 40 in stores. I would get the physical version.

+ GattsuWolf on December 24th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

Just 3 vita games… Aahhh That’s it! I’m done!… During the last monsts the vita sales and free games were total crap…just kill yourself chin chan… Please sony fire this guy and hire someone with an actual healthy brain -_-

+ Cois09 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

Thank’s for Orichi :D
I’ll wait sale for SW4, Pdf2nd and Y’s

+ djsaiyan on December 24th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

@14 burn_heretic82

“Real big developer games.”

Are you serious right now?

Wanting MORE games on sale for Vita, I can understand. But those are games from Atlus, Warner, and Tecmo. They’re all “big developers”

What’s more, the only one on there that’s NOT a retail game is Warriors Orochi 3!

If you’re going to clutter up the PS Blog with complaints, at least know what you’re complaining about, instead of parroting the same hot garbage everyone else does. Your ignorance is showing, and it’s not a good look.

+ Remmy8199 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

Mehhhhhhhh. Even if there’s something I’d be interested in, the PSN is screwing up.

+ Chip1010 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

I’ve already got all the big games I need this year, but the Lara Croft 2.5-D games are great and I’ll buy The Walking Dead: Season Two again at that great price just to not have to turn on my PS3. Merry Christmas to me and also to everyone!

+ zak191919 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

Please any response would be appreciated, I searched directly for Borderlands Pre Sequel and purchased at full price, the flash sale may have already been there, I purchased at about 4:00 pm Eastern Time

+ jakekoloko001 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

For those VITA lovers !! I got at BEST BUY :
Freedom war’s $14.99
The wolf among us $14.99
The walking dead season pass 1 and 2 $14.99
Any other store will match the price for this games.

+ AG_Awesome on December 24th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Awww man. Come on guys, please put up the Ratchet and Clank trilogy for VITA?! EU did it and I am dying to pay you for this game!

+ Mokajige on December 24th, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

Still waiting on that PS1/PS2 classics sale…

+ R2tito11 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

plz put freedom wars on sale, plz plz plz….

+ boomstickbhg on December 24th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

@Kishnabe

That’s good to know I may go that route.

But in Anticipation of the hopefully good holiday sales I currently have 52$ in my PSN wallet, so I would prefer digital since the money is ‘already spent’ so to speak.

Was hoping to get AC Rogue or Borderlands TPS during Boxing day sales so I’ll probably grab one digitally. But until the store is updated or someone from Sony responds, I don’t know if I’ll be able to chose which to get digital, or if Borderlands isn’t actually on sale.

Appreciate the info on physical though.

+ kymatt16 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Like many people I am still waiting for the PS1/PS2 classics sale. And don’t think we forgot about the “little birdie” hinting that there would be one. But this sale is fine, if you’re looking to get all of the blockbuster games, but older games are good as well. Many of these games have been on sale before, so why not mix it up a bit? To me, it just looks like a more expensive version of the previous Black Friday sale

+ Chip1010 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

@jakekoloko001

I don’t own a Vita, but high-five for pointing out that PSN is not the only place to buy games! There have been so many amazing deals on PlayStation games this holiday season. Just stop restricting yourself to Sony-controlled digital games, and there are deals in abundance. I am overwhelmed with games right now.

+ DesertAss2in on December 24th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

THE DEALS CHIEH!!! MY BODY ISN’T READY!!!

+ Splodem on December 24th, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

Thanks for ignoring PS1 and PSP games. Yet again. Geez, I’ve been dying to buy something, and have passed on everything since Black Friday.

+ ferrers405 on December 24th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

I don’t know, not too many good games deals, but TWD season 1 and 2 for PS4 by this price are must buy!

+ FifthDream on December 24th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Impossible to pass up those two seasons of The Walking Dead. I’ve intended to play them for a long time now, but just hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Now i have them when i do get around to playing.

+ VanguardFate on December 24th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Well, I did promise myself that I would get Tales from Borderlands at the first discount even if it was $1…

+ SpeckTech on December 24th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Why isn’t Akiba’s Trip for ps4 on sale like the other versions?

+ sasuke779 on December 24th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Walking dead for ps4 and the Naruto game from this sale. Most games here I already own so… Bring it on!!

+ zak191919 on December 24th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

If a Sony rep or anyone who knows more than I do could please help me, did I buy a game full price while it was on sale, Playstation store is usually updated by 4:00 EST so I assumed BL Pre Sequel wasn’t on sale.

+ boss_ruzy on December 24th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

Any chance Disgaea 4 Vita will go on sale at some point? It’s been 50% off twice in the EU store since release, and it’s free right now on Japan’s PS Plus service. As someone who looks up things like this it makes me hope we get our turn.

+ anbu316 on December 24th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Need more PS3/PSVita JRPGs

+ RiverMae on December 24th, 2014 at 2:08 pm said:

Is the Walking Dead Season 2 the entire thing? I notice how it specifies all the episodes for the first season, not the second.

PAGE 1 2 3