Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dec 31

inFAMOUS First Light

PlayStation Plus: January’s Free Games

inFAMOUS First Light

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by on Dec 31, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s almost time to ring in another New Year, so let’s take a peek at what Plus members can play to kick off 2015.

PlayStation 4 owners can leave their pink neon mark on the city of Seattle in inFAMOUS: First Light, a standalone expansion to inFamous: Second Son that outlines the backstory of the troubled conduit, Fetch. Additionally, there’s The Swapper, where you’ll use a cloning gun to solve puzzles in hopes of getting yourself off a creepy space station. On PS3, you can unleash a lot of chaos in an open-world via Prototype 2 or take a trip down memory lane with the revamped classic platformer DuckTales Remastered. Finally, Vita owners can nab Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition so they can enjoy some first-person shooting on the go, as well as test their arcade game skills with the single-screen platformer Whoa Dave!

All of these games will be free for Plus members starting January 6th. If you want to see these titles in action, check out the video below.

January’s PlayStation Plus Preview

inFAMOUS First Light
inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
Locked up in a prison for super powered humans, Fetch is forced to relive tragedies from her past. Unravel her dark secret in Seattle while battling to escape snowy Curdon Cay and seek vengeance for those who wronged her.

The Swapper
The Swapper (PS4|PS3|PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members
What if someone knew your mind better than you did? The Swapper is an award-winning, narrativedriven puzzle game set in the furthest reaches of space. The Swapper takes place in an isolated and atmospheric sci-fi world. Players wield an experimental device which allows them to create clones of themselves, swapping their entire consciousness into new bodies to overcome the challenges of the environment.

Prototype 2
Prototype 2 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
WELCOME TO NEW YORK ZERO. The sequel to Radical Entertainment®’s best-selling open-world action game of 2009, Prototype®2 takes the unsurpassed carnage of the original Prototype®2 and continues the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. Players will experience Sgt James Heller build a vast genetic arsenal of deadly new biological weapons to hunt, kill and consume his way toward the ultimate goal – to kill Alex Mercer!

Duck Tales
DuckTales Remastered (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
DuckTales Remastered is a hand-crafted, beautiful reimagining of one of the most cherished 8-bit titles of all time. Go back to one of the golden ages of gaming, but now refined with a level of detail that will please the most hardened devoted Disney or retro Capcom fan, alike. Featuring hand-drawn animated sprites, authentic Disney character voices talent and richly painted level backgrounds from the classic cartoon TV series, Scrooge McDuck and family come to life like never before.

Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (PS Vita|PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is the definitive compilation of the landmark first-person shooter that includes enhanced versions of Duke Nukem 3D and three classic expansion packs, as well as the original version of the classic game.

Whoa Dave
Whoa Dave! (PS Vita|PS4 version will be released at a later date)

Free for PS Plus members
From the folks behind the BIT.TRIP series comes the frantic insanity that is Woah Dave! Help our hero, Dave Lonuts, survive an insane alien invasion and line his pockets with shiny pennies. Hurl alien eggs, skull bombs, and explosive WOAH blocks to stay alive and sky rocket yourself to high score fame and fortune.

We want your feedback so please take a moment to take our poll and leave us a comment below. To chat about all things related to PlayStation with a massive community of gamers, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums and make your voice heard.

353 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ NinjaZeroEight on December 31st, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Awesome. Thanks!

+ MyRule222 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

inFAMOUS First Light for PS4 and Ducktales Remastered for PS3? You guys are the real MVP!

+ Hefestus91 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Never heard of that Duke Nukem, now I’m hyped to play it on my vita :D

+ DaPinz on December 31st, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Not A Bad Month. Any news on new firmware updates?

+ killuchun on December 31st, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Cool! 3 PS vita games :)

+ CapJSheridan on December 31st, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Very excited for Duke Nukem

+ HarlemHitman on December 31st, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Nice

+ cmdluke on December 31st, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Not a great month for me, already got the platinum on first light and have ducktales. I’ll try the 3 vita games though.

Still hoping for rogue legacy, transistor or child of light to come to plus.

+ nabisco64910 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Great line up!😃 👍👍

+ adantower on December 31st, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Buenos juegos! !! Gracias.

+ Nightmare142 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

I must say. This is awesome!

+ saab01 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

Can we please have better ps3 games the last couple months I haven’t been downloading anything on my ps3.

Why not games like

Resident evil 6
Battlefield 4
Far Cry 3

For sure I will be getting first light don’t know about the rest of the games.

+ moukanw on December 31st, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

good job

+ SaberX85 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Give more big games for vita please!

+ StingrayX on December 31st, 2014 at 8:19 am said:

Awesome lineup of games. =D.

+ GStylez1980 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Nice line-up for January! I don’t currently own a PS4, but will look forward to adding First Light to my cache of games waiting for me once I purchase one. Out of the games announced, I’m most excited to play The Swapper on Vita! It reviewed great and will look fantastic on that OLED screen. I will definitely give Prototype 2 a shot. I didn’t play the first due to poor reviews. The second reviewed better, and I am a sucker for open world games (although I still need to play GTA V and Saints Row 4). I am not a Duke Nukem fan, so I’m not really moved by the Megaton Edition coming to Vita. However, I am intrigued by Whoa Dave! First, I love the Bit Trip guys (didn’t realize that this game was being produced by them). Also, Colin Moriarty from IGN previewed the game a couple months ago and seemed pretty excited for it. Although the graphics are minimalistic, he said the gameplay was top-notch. Ultimately, that matters a lot more to me. Well done, Playstation!

Follow me on Twitter: @brg_esq
Friend me on PSN: GStylez1980

+ Jimtastic1977 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

And what do we get for being down for over 4 days??????

+ wwwdotjames on December 31st, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Ahhh…. So refreshing and a BIG THANK YOU!!! First Light and Duck Tales for me this month. Couldn’t be happier! So excited about these must have games this year… Mortal Kombat, Batman & Uncharted & hopefully a few more to come!

HAPPY NEW YEAR PLAYSTATION!!!

+ Hefestus91 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

BTW, when is Resogun for vita being fixed?

+ Kiro_Uraya on December 31st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

First Light for me, and–wait, what?!?! Prototype 2?!? I didn’t see that one coming. Mmmyess, yes, excellent. Let the carnage begin. Mwahahahahahahaha, Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!! >:D

+ RoII_chan on December 31st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Wow! very nice games! cant wait to play Infamous first light! <3

+ ninjamant11 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

Would love to see Driveclub PS Plus edition…

+ Darth-Krayt on December 31st, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

WOW!! What an incredible month for Plus on all platforms.

Sony, please do gamers, yourself and most of all Evo studios a favor, and take this opportunity to relaunch DriveClub now that the game’s stunning weather system is in place, and the game is now actually working in all areas. Help Evo make some money and save some face. Ii always felt horrible that you guys never used the Blog to relaunch Motorstorm Apocalypse once PSN came back up after the 2011 blackout. It launched right in the middle of the event and never got a proper launch. People were looking forward to it, you were hyping it, but with a “dark” launch I bet it didn’t sell a fraction of what it should have.

Don’t do the same thing to DC. You won’t be losing face because while media and competition might blast you for it, nothing is more popular now that a company that admits it screwed up, and wants to make good. Anad the game deserves it as it has the best visuals of any racer to date hands down (even PCars), and it’s gameplay is great to boot. Sso release the Plus version and relaunch the game the same day (really soon), with a full game Plus price of $30, and reap the good will.

+ Darth-Krayt on December 31st, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Another plus of relaunching DriveClub within the next couple weeks is that quite a few websites have actually been RE-reviewing the game they are SO impressed, and it’s getting like all 9’s. So this is the perfect oppotunity for DriveClub to get the attention and sales it deserves. Trust me, the few negative reactions to fully relaunching a previously broken game will be FAR outweighed by the positivity from the REAL gaming community.

Just some advice from a fan of both Sony and Evo.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

The gripes around here are often legit (like the one about Driveclub -_-) and people’s tastes vary widely, but for me personally January’s lineup is pretty good.

Especially since I have only a PS3 and have played none of the 4 games for my system.

+ earth_inheritor on December 31st, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Awesome free lineup kicks the hell out of XBL Gold..3 games in total and only one is worth it.

But this really needs to be addressed and the fans are being ignored. What happened to yesterdays sales update? An why the bad pricing?

It seems as an apology for no PSN for 4 days we got an extended sale an no new one which isnt really a plus it seems more of a negative. You just copied the sale over so you didnt have to have a sale this week

And as for the poor pricing the Black friday or boxing day deals were really bad for PSN..a few dollars off here an there and most were cheaper at retail.

I got Wolfenstein for $34.99 and Sniper Elite 4 for $24.99 the sales werent even close to that.

Now i know i wont get a reply for the pricing but please at least tell us why there wasnt a sale yesturday??

+ yowzagabowza on December 31st, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Not too bad, even though First Light is really just DLC. Swapper was always overpriced, so I never bought it. PS3 games are way way old. Woah Dave should be a PS mobile game. But Duke Nukem may be fun.

+ adrian97c on December 31st, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Will the vita games be “PSTV” compatible?!

+ WayneGauvin on December 31st, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Great job. Love the options this month

I also agree with Darth-Krayt. DC deserves a shot

+ xRYTYx on December 31st, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

Can’t wait to play all of these! I loved playing DuckTales on the Gameboy in the 80’s and Duke Nukem has always been one of my favorites since playing it in the 90’s. I enjoyed the first Prototype and have been wanting to play the second. Just played the demo of Infamous: First Light too and it seemed cool. This is a nice way to start the new year!

+ DolphinMadness9 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

cool! :D

+ Mintblend_44321 on December 31st, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

I love Duke Nukem 3D. One of the greatest first person shooters ever made. Adding the expansion packs is the hard rocking cherry on top the sundae of kickassness.

+ theangrystickman on December 31st, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

We just got a PS4 for xmas, looking forward to checking out First Light. Its awesome that I am able to download the other PS4 games that i had qued up from the last year of PS +.

ad me on PSN TheAngryStickman
follow me on twitter @NHLDucksfan

Happy New Year Ya’ll

+ SeanStrange on December 31st, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Already bought Infamous: First Light day one. Really solid game and totally worth it. Glad it’s going to be on Plus for others to enjoy. I’ll for sure check out The Swapper, since I heard nothing but great things about it. Thanks for another great month for PS4, and of course the PS3 and Vita.

+ Skater_Ricky on December 31st, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

Can you fix the DLC for DriveClub where it show’s 99¢ for the Livery DLC. I own the Season Pass for DriveClub.

+ TriangleOffense on December 31st, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

ughh and another month gone by, can anyone tell me if I need ps+ to play warframe ? I think its time to let this service lapse

+ bt1234567892010 on December 31st, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Ahhh, Plus is coming out 2015 swinging, that gives me high hopes for the year. Been wanting to try Swapper, First LIght, and Ducktales for sure, the others are just bonuses. I am very pleased.

I do agree with the otehrs on the DRIVECLUB debacle, if it’s fixed, please see about getting the PS+ edition out ^^;

+ DarkDuckJustice on December 31st, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

I prefer ordered First Light, but that’s becuase Infamous is one of my favorite series. I also think Fetch is a way more interesting character than Delsin, which made First Light a more enjoyable campaign for me than Second Son. I’m excited so many people get to try it out. Hopefully that keeps pushing the series further! And one maybe, just maybe, we will finally get Cole back for an infamous 3. I really want his time traveling ability that his future self had. The rest of the line up looks good too. I doubt I’ll play many of the titles on my PS3. I just never have time for it anymore. I’m usually on the go and turn to my vita and when I do get s chance to sit down and play at home, I’m on my PS4… Which thankfully is getting a great list of games in 2015! Happy new year!

+ siriusbee on December 31st, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

Your link to this article from the blog homepage is erroneous. It’s pointing to

blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/30/playstation-plus-januarys-free-games/

but should be

blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/31/playstation-plus-januarys-free-games/

+ Bellalara on December 31st, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

This January is a great lineup! PS3 users enjoy Prototype 2 when you get it.

+ KidGreengene on December 31st, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

@17: $50 divided by 356 days equals (I’ll round up) $0.14 each day. Where would you like me to send your 56 cents? :)

+ KidGreengene on December 31st, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

D@mn dyslexia… 365

+ Romadov on December 31st, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

6th January?! i started school at 5 january. Thats too long man, why not now….

+ Kishnabe on December 31st, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

Duke Nukem played it as a kid on my older cousin PS1. One of the few games I have should not have played.

Can’t wait to finally play the whole thing.

Swapper looks interesting. Thankful there a vita version as well.

+ GattsuWolf on December 31st, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

Best month for psvita since velocity 2x… That nuke dukem was on my wish list months ago haha…And the swapper is a pretty good plattformer… Please sony make the next months like this one… PLEASE DON’T REPEAT THE 2014 HORRIBLE GAMES LINEUP!

+ KidGreengene on December 31st, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

Very good lineup. I am very curious to see what February brings. December and January were announced early to, I can only assume, combat the better Holiday lineup that XB1 had. Plus with that being The Order month, you might feel like taking the foot off the gas a bit.

Either way, thanks guys. Great lineup and looking forward to Swapper and Ducktales.

+ Gamer_USA- on December 31st, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Wow! DuckTales and duke nukem? What a great month! Can anyone really complain?

I was prepared to buy both of these!

+ plaztiksyke on December 31st, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

pllllease bring DuckTales Remastered to Vita (and PS4!) Castle of Illusion would also be great to see on Vita.

Both games looked so fantastic on PS3 and are begging to be on the Vita’s beautiful screen.

+ plaztiksyke on December 31st, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

It’s cool to see a classic FPS like Duke Nuken on Vita, but I’d really like to see the original Wolfenstein and Doom — their iOS versions with the tweak John Carmack did were really fantastic. It would also be awesome to see the original Unreal and/or Unreal Tournament 3. We didn’t play many multiplayer shooters on PS3, but we really, really liked Unreal Tournament 3 thanks to the great map design and awesome community mods we could download on PS3.

+ Trendy_Kid on December 31st, 2014 at 9:32 am said: