Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 08

ultrastreetfighter

Bringing Ultra Street Fighter IV and RE Revelations 2 to PlayStation

ultrastreetfighter

Gio Corsi's Avatar Posted by on Jan 08, 2015 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

You might’ve heard some big news from Capcom at our first ever PlayStation Experience fan expo. No, not that news. This: Resident Evil Revelations 2 is coming to PS Vita, and Ultra Street Fighter IV is coming to PS4, thanks to a double partnership between Capcom and SCEA’s Third Party Production. What’s more, Third Party Production is producing and publishing both titles for those platforms.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is the latest, spine-chilling chapter in the Resident Evil franchise. It unfolds in four dramatic episodes with cliffhanger moments that will have you wanting to play more.

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Revelations 2 follows fan favorite Claire Redfield and her partner Moira Burton as they struggle to survive the horrors that await them on a mysterious island facility. With his own daughter and comrade in peril, Barry Burton takes fate into his own hands and embarks on a rescue mission to the island to save them both.

It’s a story full of twists that will have players guessing the next steps at every turn. Resident Evil Revelations 2 begins rolling out on PS4 and PS3 on February 17th, 2015, and will also be coming to PS Vita in the Spring.

Ultra Street Fighter IV

The Street Fighter series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4, the first Street Fighter title to debut on next-gen consoles anywhere. For those of you who haven’t played the original on PS3, the game boasts five new characters and six new stages for even more fighting mayhem.

The PS4 version will also include all costume DLC released up to date, including both the recently released Vacation and Wild costumes, as well as Omega Mode; it’s the ultimate version of Ultra Street Fighter IV, and it’s only on PS4!

Now, as I announced at PlayStation Experience, both of these titles will come out in spring of 2015. I cannot wait to share more information with you all on these great games closer to launch. Remember to keep tweeting your requests for games you’d like to see on PlayStation platforms (#BuildingTheList), and keep your eye on the blog for more information.

152 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Seeing_Red_Again on January 8th, 2015 at 9:03 am said:

Bring Mobile Suit Gundam games to PS4 and PS3, this is long overdue. And please dub them as well with english speaking voice actors

+ Kieferw on January 8th, 2015 at 9:03 am said:

Since you guys are such BFFs with capcom, maybe convince them to make a new 3d mega man game for ps4 <3

+ drew327 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

As much as I’d love to play SF4 on my PS4, I can’t imagine the vast majority of the player base is going to move consoles. This is further complicated by the inability to use the PS3 fightsticks.

+ SeanStrange on January 8th, 2015 at 9:06 am said:

I play a lot of Ultra Street Fighter IV on PC with my fightstick. Loved every iteration of the SF franchise and will continue to buy every single version. Can’t wait to pick it up on the PS4. Also excited to play Resident Evil Revelations 2.

+ Zookey on January 8th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

A) Thank you for supporting Vita!!!

B) If Capcom is down, please talk with them about porting either USFIV to Vita or SFV to Vita…

C) With RE Revelations: please consider, if at all possible, a physical release! My 32GB card is getting really full and, if at all possible, I’d love the option to have a cart!

D) Another ‘if Capcom is down’ : physical cart release of the Resident Evil 2002 remake (that’s hitting PS4 soon) for Vita :-)

Other than that man keep up the good work! I just tweeted ya this too but, on the Namco side, in Japan Tales of Vesperia got a PS3 release-if at all possible it’d be awesome if you convinced those guys to bring that version west for Vita :-)

+ kachlo on January 8th, 2015 at 9:11 am said:

Ultra Street Fighter IV – 1080p/60fps?

+ saiyanknight87 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

can we please get a next gen rival school/project justice. and a frigging legend of dragoon title! lol

+ rafael_martines on January 8th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

SONY plz help Capcom to bring E.X. Troopers to west! plz plz

+ saiyanknight87 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

we also need a monster hunter too. I’m sure that sell by the ton in friggin japan.

+ madmanwithabox12 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

We need way more Capcom love on Vita. Revelations 2 is a nice start, but they seriously need to pay more attention to the platform. =/

Still, loving the work you’re doing Gio. You and your team are awesome and I look forward to many more announcements, especially for the Vita.

The two big exclusives for it this year are Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Persona 4: Dancing All Night, both are games we know nothing about and barely anybody has even heard of them. I really hope things pick up for Vita. =/

+ divineLite on January 8th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

for the LOVE of GOD

PLEASE bring Monster Hunter (not online) to PSVita!!!!! (and PS4 if you must)
I know 4 million people who would like to buy it for sure!

And thanks for Resident Evil on PSVita, I’ll gladly purchase there.

+ patrikodenUS on January 8th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

What do you mean by only on PS4? Ultra Street Fighter 4 is on every console known to man including PC? Kind of a dumb statement imo.

+ madmanwithabox12 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

Also, if Revelations 2 is going to be the complete series on Vita it should really get a physical release.

+ langdon on January 8th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

Any chance the PS4 release of USFIV will allow PC cross-play so those waters can be tested prior to the release of SFV?

+ Cyrske on January 8th, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

Who is developing the PS Vita port of Resident Evil Revelations 2? (or does have 3rd party production have an in-house group of developer who will be doing the port? Or is it mainly producers/managers who are coordinating development?)

Anyway, I hope for a great PS Vita version. :)

Thanks a lot for making it happen! =)

+ Rainwater on January 8th, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

Maybe Capcom can show their gratitude for you saving their ass by bringing Monster Hunter back to Playstation devices.

+ SaberX85 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

Mr Gio Corsi, please bring digimon story cyber sleuth to west in english!!!

And That boxing game Hajime no ippo too, if you can XD

Thanks

+ BuBBeRX on January 8th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

Now please, make the PS3 arcade sticks compatible with PS4. Really dont want to spend $200 to buy a new one.

Thanks!

+ jvasq on January 8th, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

is RE cross buy?

+ GStylez1980 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

Hey Gio…I’m VERY excited with the work that you and the Third-Party Production Team are doing, especially in the Vita space. Contrary to many reviews, Borderland 2 was a gem on Vita and having cross-save between it and the PS3 game was a god-send. Porting RE: Revelations over to Vita will also boost the Vita’s already-amazing software library. I know many complain about ports for the system, but I for one am happy to have some of my favorite experiences “on-the go” with me.

While you’re “Building the List,” please add these games to the list for porting to the Vita:

Skulls of the Shogun
Ultra Street Fighter IV (if possible…if the 3DS can run SFIV, I’m sure the Vita can!)
FF Type-0
Trials Fusion
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Valiant Hearts
Costume Quest 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Transistor
Massive Chalice

+ KazeEternal on January 8th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

Will USF4 support my PS3 Arcade Sticks like the TE’s for TTT2 and SC5?

+ ChibiMrBubbles on January 8th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is on multiple platforms Sony, 4 to be exact with the PS4 port. this isn’t going to make me want to upgrade from my PS3. Now if you want to make everyone’s head spins, bring on Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 as PS1 Classics.

+ Sharingan_itachi on January 8th, 2015 at 9:32 am said:

“TO PS” Why isn’t SF5 on Vita

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on January 8th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

Maybe bring Dead Rising 3 to the PS4?

+ Blood-Pudding on January 8th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

The community is going to stay away from the PS4 version until PS3 fightsticks work on PS4.

Nobody wants to buy new fightsticks or play with a pad if they have a fightstick for the PS3 Version.

+ joshua_nash on January 8th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

Could you please convince Capcom to make an HD remake of Megaman Legends 1&2 for ps vita and PS4

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on January 8th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

Dead Rising 3.

+ RSevo09 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:34 am said:

First off, thanks for all the work you, and the 3pp team do, Mr. Corsi.

Second, hopefully you guys can get Digimon Cyber Sleuth, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, and PhantasyStar Nova localized for VIta. Also some darn SE games like SaGa, FF Agito+, and Rise of Mana. #BuildingTheList

+ MarinoBrea on January 8th, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

Sony should buy Capcom…or at least make deals to revive (as PS exclusives) some of their most glorious franchises that have been absent on PlayStation for too long, like Mega Man, MONSTER HUNTER and Breath of Fire.

+ korona75 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:47 am said:

Could you convince Capcom to release all the Marvel vs Capcom games again? They were delisted from the PSN store. Guess its a Marvel licensing issue, so maybe out of your hands.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 both need to come to PlayStation 4.

Those fighers, plus The King of Fighters XIII and Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late. For the PS4 please!

+ Mercenary09 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:52 am said:

Hey Gio could you please work with Capcom on a way to bring Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 PSOne Classics to the PS Store? I would love to play them again on my VIta.

Also please bring that Vita Digimon game over here too!

+ Zephram on January 8th, 2015 at 9:54 am said:

Oh, wonderful, another brain dead fighter for all the brain dead 14 year olds.
Resurrect Breath of Fire and then we can talk, or at least port BoF 3…..And yes, I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and yes, I’ve had to much coffee… Thanks for asking.

+ RatedPalomo on January 8th, 2015 at 9:54 am said:

Borderlands trilogy, please!

+ sonny4mayor on January 8th, 2015 at 9:55 am said:

As others have stated, please…. PLEASE…. allow PS3 fightsticks to be used on the PS4 version of USF4.

+ Scaramanga1983 on January 8th, 2015 at 9:56 am said:

I must say that the amount of predictable and irrelevant plot twists (plus the full action chapters) made the first Revelations unpleasant for me. I wasn’t interested in Revelations 2 until the Vita version was announced, since I was looking for a TPS and a horror game to play in it. So my request would be to make Revelations’ story minimal and remove all possible action only episodes.

And a new Dino Crisis would be cool.

+ whereymyconary on January 8th, 2015 at 9:57 am said:

I’m excited to hear that there is a vita version of resident evil revelations coming over. I’m guessing it will be released after the ps4 and PS3 versions. Random question will it be vita TV compatible?

Also where Deep Down? And I heard that they leaked dragon dogma online, please make that a single player version as well I loved dragon dogma more then I ever expecting but have no interest in playing with ransoms. Takes the fear out of it.

As for street fighter not my cup of tea, but if I understand right it allows cross platform battles which is awesome and I’m also guessing the reason to not on Xbox they tend to not like sharing.

+ Belal_Darjy on January 8th, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

Bring breath of fire 3 game please to PSN .

+ patrikodenUS on January 8th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

@Zephram #32:

Braindead? Shows you know nothing at all about SF4, there’s a lot of depth and a ton of skill involved in becoming good. Not even the average age of its community members did you get right which is one of the older ones out there. Perhaps you should stick with commenting after you’ve had your coffee.

+ beamstrike on January 8th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

how about you get monster hunter back on the ps4/vita? i mean you want money do you not?

+ Zephram on January 8th, 2015 at 10:26 am said:

@patrikodenUS #38

I already mentioned having too much coffee, so there’s that. Also, I’ve just never understood the appeal of fighters…. What is so fun about beating the **** out of somebody? I will grant you your point about the skill set required, however. I guess I’m getting tired of the sheer number of fighters released on Playstation platforms.

+ B3GV5M63 on January 8th, 2015 at 10:36 am said:

guys. this isn’t a Capcom rep. its that Sony guy that gets us all the fun 3rd party games.

+ Boffo97 on January 8th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

PSA: Always wait a year or so before buying any Capcom games, just to make sure they don’t go and release some ultra or super version of the game a few months later.

+ Zephram on January 8th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

@patrikodenUS #38

I already mentioned having too much coffee, so there’s that. Also, I’ve just never understood the appeal of fighters…. What is so fun about beating the &$@! out of somebody? I will grant you your point about the skill set required, however. I guess I’m getting tired of the sheer number of fighters released on Playstation platforms.

+ Betogalado on January 8th, 2015 at 10:39 am said:

That’s nice from Capcom to bring those games, he goes a resquest:

– Devil May Cry Collection for PS VITA
– Monster Hunter for PS VITA (I know the main franchise is with exclusivity contract under Nintendo, but CAPCOM should make a way at least to bring Monster Hunter Frontier to the west
– Street Fighter 4 for PS VITA (Street vs Tekken has shown it can handle)

That’s it Capcom.
PS Vita Players need more games from you.

+ AGTrgger_ on January 8th, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

How about some Monster Hunter? We’ve been missing it on PS consoles since the original. It’s no fun playing on the 3DS’s tiny screen, and I’ve been dying to relive some moments from one of my first online games ever.

+ CrusaderForever on January 8th, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

Glad to see there is a heart beat to the relationship between Sony and Capcom. SFV is a nice exclusive. I would really like to know why Monster Hunter is only on Nintendo devices? I would love to see Monster Hunter on the PS4 and Vita.

+ patrikodenUS on January 8th, 2015 at 10:47 am said:

@Zephram #41:

You don’t have to like it or even care to understand it, just know that there’s a reason these games are being released and it’s because a lot of people do. Just ignore it. :)

+ TheAngryOtter on January 8th, 2015 at 10:47 am said:

I may pick this up when it comes out, however I can’t help but feel bad for all the early adopters who want the latest, definitive version while Capcom continues putting out updates that include new content. I bought SSFIV back when it was brand new and loved it, but then between Arcade Edition and now Ultra, I’ve just been waiting them out in hopes of it coming to PS4 (which I figured was inevitable).

With that said, I’m really excited about SFV, but also have made peace with the fact that I’m going to be one of those early adopters that’ll have to basically purchase a slightly updated version of the same game over and over again.

But then I guess that’s what Call of Duty fans do once or twice a year, and they shell out $60-$70 for the full game and then another $30-40 over the next year for map packs.

+ IIL0YDII on January 8th, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

Bring street fighter 3rd strike to PS VITA

+ The1337Ghost on January 8th, 2015 at 10:54 am said:

I was gonna post a comment saying get Capcom to make Dragon’s Dogma 2, but at the very least release Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen on PS4. Love that game so much.
:D