Uncharted 4

Jan 12

Jan 12

PS Store: December’s Top Sellers

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Hello, and welcome to 2015! Let’s dive right into last year’s final PS Store top sellers chart:

PS4 Games
9 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
10 Resident Evil 2

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

madmanwithabox12 said:

January 12th, 8:15 am

Yay for Suikoden love. Vita FTW.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 12th, 11:39 am

I always wanted to play the series but never pulled the trigger. Maybe it’s time!

KWT_LaiN said:

January 12th, 8:19 am

Thanks so much PS Blog team ^.^ by the way just a reminder any news on run sackboy run ps vita it was said to be out last october still not there plus hate playing on an iphone and tablet i love the ps vita please bring run sackboy run =’}

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 12th, 11:38 am

Hey there, I’m checking on this. I’ll let you know if I find anything out.

Stratos671 said:

January 12th, 8:23 am

How long has FFVII been on the top 10 for Classics? For how many months? Years?

spacemanandrew said:

January 12th, 8:39 am

whats with al the black ops 2 dlc getting so many sales?

arthurzp17 said:

January 12th, 8:39 am

We need PS Classics on PS4. I love Suikoden!

alphadark5005 said:

January 12th, 8:41 am

Freedom war on Vita was great.
By the way when are we getting that 10% off code?

Belal_Darjy said:

January 12th, 8:46 am

now release breath of fire 3 ….

Mando44646 said:

January 12th, 8:49 am

Here’s hoping for some actual Vita support from Sony this year. Last year’s releases were utterly abysmal. Let me actually use the system by releasing a decent amount of high quality Western games for it! The occasional JRPG doesnt cut it

TeamGreen615 said:

January 12th, 9:15 am

Look at ol’ Crash Bandicoot still bringing in the dollas for the classics.

TwinDad said:

January 12th, 9:26 am

@Stratos671

It’s been in the top10 for as long as it has been released. It hasn’t always been #1, but it’s always been there.

Reltih_Chaos said:

January 12th, 9:34 am

Pleaseeeeee!!!

Bring back Champions: Returns to Arms.

APA_ZAROZO said:

January 12th, 9:41 am

I hope to see more Vita love from Japan localized for the West! Legend of Heroes, Phantasy Star Nova, are really looking good! Also, more projects from Sony Computer Entertainment Japan! They really give PS Vita love!

hurricane2001 said:

January 12th, 9:46 am

I’m hoping that they would some how add Suikoden 3,4,5 on to the store. I kinda missed this series completely I didn’t even played it until this holiday season and I’m hooked. Funny thing is I use to see this game all the time at Electronic boutique back in the days and I never payed no mine to it. Quite possible one of the top RPG’s in the last 20 years.

Tinye310 said:

January 12th, 9:50 am

@7 Break of Fire 3… aww man I miss that game. That would be fun!

I really got to get Freedom Wars

Good job SAO, hopefully the next game comes out this summer in the West

Monterossa said:

January 12th, 9:50 am

Sword Art Online is still selling like hot cakes after months and they were too scared to release it physically… what a shame.

SNORLAXex said:

January 12th, 9:51 am

Feels good to see Suikoden on the front page.

I also hope the rest of the series gets to be PS2 classics.

A little reminder though, that many PS1 games still don’t have PSVita compatibility.

hurricane2001 said:

January 12th, 9:55 am

I agree hope to see the whole series on the Network someday.

JamalVita_91 said:

January 12th, 10:03 am

@ Monterossa – Hopefully they learn from this experience and bring over SAO: Lost Song in physical format (with a proper english translaton, lol)

Arby_Of_Statics said:

January 12th, 10:24 am

Pssst, pssst. Has it occurred to you to bring PS2 Suikoden games over? You know, just a thought.

swimquick said:

January 12th, 10:47 am

Almost every month, there is a Crash Bandicoot game in the PS Classics top sellers. It would be a really good idea to add Vita compatibility to these games.

Tjoeb123 said:

January 12th, 10:57 am

Seeing Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment on these top 10 lists (didn’t it win a PSB award too?) makes me wonder how people are possibly enjoying the grammatically broken English translation, that BNGA didn’t bother to fix.

MrPonuraski said:

January 12th, 10:58 am

SUIKODEN. <3

liammill18 said:

January 12th, 11:10 am

@15

I think it would have dropped off the charts long ago had it not been digital only, though. It’s hard to say what the right choice would have been, IMO.

FruitJuice617 said:

January 12th, 11:27 am

Great to see Terraria claim some respectable positions in the top sellers for Vita, PS3, AND PS4! It’s one of my all time favorite games :)

Kid_Loser said:

January 12th, 11:28 am

Any chance in the future to do PSNow top streaming games?

Also, how about Resonance of Fate for PSNow!?!? :)

madmanwithabox12 said:

January 12th, 11:43 am

@Justin: I’ve not played them either, I come from the lost land of Europe and we haven’t got them yet. But when they get here, oh boy. =D

Karvahl said:

January 12th, 11:45 am

@25 That’s an awesome idea!. It would be pretty cool to see some kind of PSNow love here.

Squirrelhash said:

January 12th, 11:48 am

Final Fantasy 7 will ALWAYS be in the top 10. If you’ve played it you know what i’m talking about. On another Note,
When will they add Dragon Quest * to the PSN store.. Re-make it for PS3 i bet it’ll sell an be in top 10 charts for awhile.
That’s my opinion for the day. Good gaming my friends :)

Aneudi_PR said:

January 12th, 11:51 am

Where are the Crash and Spyro PS1 triology for the Vita. I can’t find them on the Vita store. Can you guys look at this problem, please?

Splodem said:

January 12th, 12:26 pm

Please add some more ps1 classics to the store:

Vandal hearts 1 and 2
Einhander
Saga frontier
Die hard trilogy
Azure dreams
Diablo

Any ps1 rpg would be nice honestly.

Splodem said:

January 12th, 12:28 pm

Heck if we can get old pc games, why not the first two breath of fire games as well? We got chrono trigger. Bring breath of fire 1 and 2 to the store as well. That would be awesome!

TheOathsworn said:

January 12th, 1:00 pm

@21 I agree that the translation work was pretty abysmal, stroke me as odd that they didn`t bother putting in any work in it whatsoever, seeing as it`s the same translation used for the SEA version of the game (which was released months before the NA release I might add, the least they could have done was tidy it up).

However I’ve been having fun with the game again recently though. As a few close friends picked it up over the Holidays and we`ve been running around mindlessly doing Hollow Missions and arguing over who gets the last hit bonus off the HNMs available.

Here`s hoping, that if SAO: Lost Song gets localized, that they actually put in some quality work in rather than copy pasting what another branch did without any sort of touch-ups or proof reading.

OT: Good to see Freedom Wars up there, was really glad to see some new players and had plenty of fun talking and helping them out. On another note, finally got around to purchasing both seasons of the The Walking Dead. First Season down, one more to go.

Carl-G said:

January 12th, 1:21 pm

I am sure SONY could make BILLIONS :D Yearly if they had ‘every’ PS1 & PS2 game on PSN by now. It’s a crying shame that there are still some brilliant PS1 & PS2 Classics that haven’t come to PSN yet(if ever) :( + For the PS4 to. Oh well.

RagnarokBuster said:

January 12th, 1:44 pm

Will the PS4 version of FFVII have trophies?

B3GV5M63 said:

January 12th, 1:47 pm

sad to see no exclusives in the top sellers. what happened to the days well created exclusives used to sell? Big AAA advertised games happened.

SeanStrange said:

January 12th, 2:07 pm

@21 God forbid people enjoy a game for its gameplay, and not it’s little errors in it’s spelling/translation/whatever. I swear, fans of these Japanese games whine and whine because of the translation in EVERY single game brought over from Japan. Be happy you actually GOT the game.

WANTED274 said:

January 12th, 2:07 pm

There should be a PlayStation blog app. I’m stuck using the browser for now. :(

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 12th, 4:58 pm

We’re toying with some ideas for mobile optimizations, actually. No timeframe in mind yet, but we’re aware that the current setup isn’t perfectly suited for mobile.

snarls200 said:

January 12th, 2:13 pm

Carl-G : problem is a good amount are owned by other companies so Sony can’t just add them to PSN

Tjoeb123 said:

January 12th, 2:30 pm

@36
Except I buy Japanese games for the story and characters moreso than the gameplay. Why do you think I enjoy Neptunia PP when everyone else hates it? Because I love the characters of the Neptunia universe. Hell, that’s why I even play the Neptunia games at all.

Tjoeb123 said:

January 12th, 2:32 pm

@36
So yes, a proper English translation is very important to me. Not to mention it’s the same translation as the Asian translation, yet Bandai Namco Games America didn’t do a thing to fix any of it.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

January 12th, 2:49 pm

Good to see Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes pretty high on that list! Just a prologue but still so badass…snake’s got the moves, Kojima’s got the unique + deep story.

Can’t wait for MGS V: The Phantom Pain! :P

Nevi901 said:

January 12th, 3:59 pm

I have 7/10 of those Vita games. Sweet! I wish Sony gave it a bot more of attention, but right now it’s in a respectable place IMO.

And for the love of God! Make Crash & Spyro compatible for Vita already. I can’t believe I had to take advantage of a server glitch JUST to get them on my Vita. Ridiculous.

NukaCola03 said:

January 12th, 4:15 pm

It’s awesome to see JRPGs like Suikoden I & II so high up on the list! Really makes me hope Konami will look into re-releasing Vandal Hearts 1 & 2, and for SCEA and Capcom to figure out how to bring the EU PSP version of Breath of Fire III to the North American PlayStation Network. #BuildingTheList

Lord_vader1976 said:

January 12th, 7:30 pm

hooo yeah gta v ever the best…

Remmy8199 said:

January 12th, 8:24 pm

You guys definitely need some new classics if those are last months best sellers. There’s still plenty we don’t have yet, but for whatever reason the PSN team seems to have abandoned those.

Mananambal said:

January 12th, 8:41 pm

“DIE PIG!”

Guess who said that??

dallscowboys88 said:

January 12th, 8:51 pm

Nice to see Danganronpa at that #9 spot for vita. The series is really awesome! Hope they bring Another Episode here to North America.

poporetto88 said:

January 12th, 8:56 pm

here just to see Suikoden basking in it’s glory (*´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥﹏°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ )人(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

BIG_RIG_2010 said:

January 12th, 10:10 pm

Have to say Suikoden is such a game. Loved all but tactics was pretty boring, and 2 was my fav.. Good to see them at the top. BTW only game that i never let go of and wish they would try to make a return on ps4…. Just hopeful thinking! Congrats to the other top sellers.

Taiko_us1983 said:

January 12th, 10:16 pm

Bought Suikoden 2 day one. What about Dragon Quest VII?

PAGE 1 2