Days Gone

Jan 15

toukiden

Toukiden: Kiwami Coming to PS4, Vita in March 2015

toukiden

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar Posted by on Jan 15, 2015 // Community Manager, Koei Tecmo Europe

At this time last year, I blogged about Toukiden: The Age of Demons for PS Vita and we received a lot of positive feedback from many PlayStation fans here (that made us very happy)! Today we’re proud to be announcing that Toukiden: Kiwami is coming to PS4 and PS Vita on March 31, 2015 (both package and digital versions) in North America.

Toukiden: Kiwami has double the size and content of the original game, so you should expect new weapons, newly discovered Oni, new Mitama (over 100 new Mitama), new Slayers, new moves, and twice as many stages.

New Slayers Have Arrived!

Toukiden: Kiwami features both the original Toukiden: The Age of Demons story and a brand new story of roughly the same size, following the original. The truth will finally be revealed about the origins of the Slayers and the mysterious “Council of Elders.”

All your favorite characters from the first title return, such as Ōka, Hayatori, and the other characters from Utakata Village, while new characters such as Reki, Sōma, and Horō, make their first appearance, revealing additional depths to the story.

Toukiden: Kiwami

New Moves Based On Cooperation

One of the most popular features of Toukiden was the cooperative multiplayer mode; it allowed up to four players to join forces in the war against the Oni. This title strengthens the cooperative element further, with the introduction of a new and more powerful move than the “Destroyer” that can only be executed in cooperation with your human or NPC allies.

NPC AI has been improved for Toukiden: Kiwami, allowing you to work with smarter and more realistic allies than ever before in the war against the Oni!

New Mission Types — Face the Ultimate Challenge!

For those Slayers that think fighting just one Oni isn’t enough, a range of new special mission types have been added. Certain Mitama and other rewards can only be acquired in these missions.

Toukiden: KiwamiToukiden: Kiwami_8d0da25782_z

Together with the collection of special materials that can only be acquired from new Oni and which can be used to create new weapons and armor, there is a host of new features in the game.

New weapons! Newly Discovered Oni! New Mitama!

A wide variety of new features have been added, from more difficult mission types to new weapon types such as the “naginata,” and new battle styles. A wide variety of terrifying and deadly new Oni also appear, including the mysterious Oni of the north, Snowflame, doubling the number of Oni from the original title.

In addition, the existing Oni have been strengthened with new moves, creating incredible tension on the field of battle.

Toukiden: Kiwami

New Story

Kiwami takes place three months after the battle to prevent another Awakening. The village of Utakata enjoys an uneasy peace. However, that peace is suddenly rendered asunder. Hitherto unknown Oni appear from the north, ripping the defenses of the Midlands to shreds.

Above you can watch the “almost” 6 minute animation to show you a brief story for Kiwami. Note: this animation serves as an introduction to the world of Toukiden: Kiwami and does not constitute part of the game.

Oh, and one last thing: carry across save data from Toukiden: The Age of Demons! Yes, your save data including weapons, armor, Mitama, and progress levels, can be carried across to Toukiden: Kiwami.

That’s all for now — until the next blog post. Have a nice day, everyone!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ GattsuWolf on January 15th, 2015 at 6:12 am said:

HOLY ****!! That’s fing amazing!! Thank you guys! Day1 insta-buy for sure!! :D

+ Tentacle_Dlune on January 15th, 2015 at 6:14 am said:

YEAH ****ING COOL !!! PHYSICAL FOR VITA TOO YEAHHHHH! Can we hope a collector edition too!? Love you guys !

+ Hnetuduft on January 15th, 2015 at 6:22 am said:

Will we ever be able to buy PS1/PS2 games on ze PS4? :)

+ maxcoronel2014 on January 15th, 2015 at 6:22 am said:

Yay! Long live to the Vita.

+ andymuresan on January 15th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

Yes, finally the good news i have been expected :). Long live Toukiden!!!

+ Hnetuduft on January 15th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

And, day1 :)

+ Aescarion on January 15th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

Any word on cross-save between the vita and PS4 and even better cross buy ?

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 6:52 am said:

I can confirm on the cross-save which is a yes. As for the cross-buy, I don’t know yet. I’ll share more information when the time comes.

+ Dustinwp on January 15th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

The age of Demons was my favorite game on the Vita, so this news is really exciting! Can’t wait to buy and play Toukiden on my PS4.

+ ZichiroARG on January 15th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

Woot!!! vita love!

+ Tarqosis on January 15th, 2015 at 6:31 am said:

Day freaking One. March s so stacked for PS4, love it!

+ BoneStihl on January 15th, 2015 at 6:37 am said:

Will the PS4 version have local multiplayer? That would make it an insta-buy for me.

+ AwRy108 on January 15th, 2015 at 6:37 am said:

Any chance for cross-save between the different platforms? That would probably seal the deal for me getting both versions.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 6:45 am said:

Yes for the cross-save between PS4 and PS Vita versions :)

+ V-Angelus01 on January 15th, 2015 at 6:41 am said:

I hope its cross-play. That way, theres gonna be more players to play with.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

It’s a YES for the cross-play :)

+ ChazzyChazX on January 15th, 2015 at 6:42 am said:

I guess this is to compete with 3DS monster hunter 4U that announce yesterday ?
Sony, when can we get a new monster hunter on PS system ?

+ Taedirk on January 15th, 2015 at 6:43 am said:

Anything for existing Toukiden owners or is it another lesson in “Never ever buy a Hunter game before the 1.5 release”?

+ andremal on January 15th, 2015 at 6:49 am said:

OMG! I loved Toukiden on Vita. PS4 version! Yes yes and Yes Please! Great news!

+ andremal on January 15th, 2015 at 6:51 am said:

@ChazzyChazX – That’s up to Capcom. I’m sure Sony would love to get another MH on PS. I know I would!

+ SaberX85 on January 15th, 2015 at 6:52 am said:

Cross buy please XD

+ Bellalara on January 15th, 2015 at 6:56 am said:

Vita love :D

+ nintenscoii on January 15th, 2015 at 7:00 am said:

How about cross-play? I couldn’t tell from the article if PS Vita players could play cooperatively with PS4 players via PSN. Cross save and buy are nice, but as someone who just owns a Vita, I like to be able to play with my PS4 owning friends when I can.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 7:38 am said:

Yes, PS Vita players can play with PS4 players, and vice versa.

+ Christian399 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:01 am said:

How about an up-port of Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars next? Those would be glorious in HD.

+ andremal on January 15th, 2015 at 7:04 am said:

I’m just thrilled to be getting a Hunter Game on PS4! I put about 80 hours in to the original Toukiden.

+ TeamGreen615 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:06 am said:

Best Vita news I’ve heard in a long time. Thank you for making a retail version, it will be added to my collection.

+ KempeWeidenbaum on January 15th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

Will it be cross-play? Multiplayer between PS Vita and PS4?
Regards

+ Mando44646 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

why isnt this standalone DLC? You’re making us rebuy the entire game again?

+ italodancemp3 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

Chin Soon Sun

It was a smart move for bringing the game to PS4 instead of PSP.

Anyway I wanna ask you my question for the second time and please reply me this time:

Please could you bring “Bladestorm: Nightmare” to PS Vita? You could bring Toukiden: Kiwami to PS4 and port it from Vita to PS4 but now how about a port for Bladestorm: Nightmare from PS4 to Vita?

Please for god’s sake reply me this time,I’m always a loyal fan of Koei Tecmo games and purchased all of your games for PS Vita.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 7:34 am said:

For the PS platforms, Bladestorm Nightmare is for PS4 (package/digital) and PS3 (digital), no PS Vita unfortunately. (and this time I didn’t ignore you).

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 7:37 am said:

– and thanks for being loyal to our brand and games. I’ll pass your request to the team, but for what I know now, there’s no plan for that.

+ Tinye310 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:22 am said:

This would be awesome on PS4 – Pretty much the first Action-rpg-hunter game. Sweet!

+ IIL0YDII on January 15th, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

So if I buy Toukiden: Kiwami , I get all Toukiden: The Age of Demons content, is that right?

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 7:35 am said:

That is correct.

+ Tyrannikos on January 15th, 2015 at 7:27 am said:

YES. Toukiden was the reason I bought a Vita and I’ve been itching to play again ever since a little snot of a family member broke my system. Luckily I’ve got a PS4 lined up and waiting.

+ rafael_martines on January 15th, 2015 at 7:38 am said:

Click in images hoping the screenshots are from PS4 version… disapointment

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 15th, 2015 at 7:40 am said:

Wow I didn’t see this coming! I enjoyed the Toukiden Age of Demons quite a bit, so I may pick this up. Either way, it’s always nice to see more Vita love : )

+ dogbert784 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

Toukiden on PS4? Improved NPC AI?

Yes, please and thank you. Day-1 buy.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 15th, 2015 at 7:48 am said:

Also, that video? Pretty sweet.

+ jchill001 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:49 am said:

What about god eater 2 rage burst?

+ italodancemp3 on January 15th, 2015 at 7:54 am said:

@ Chin Soon Sun

Thank you :) I hope.

+ SeanStrange on January 15th, 2015 at 7:57 am said:

Never played Toukiden on the Vita so I’ll be sure to pick up a copy of this game on my PS4. The trailer was alright, I would of preferred some gameplay in all honesty. So many games are packed into February and March that it’s becoming a hassle to choose which ones I want.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

We’re in the progress making some gameplay footage.

The Promote Anime video serves as an introduction to the world of Toukiden: Kiwami and does not constitute part of the game. It tells the story between The Age of Demons and Kiwami.

+ BoneStihl on January 15th, 2015 at 7:58 am said:

Any chance there will be local multiplayer on the PS4 version?

+ ZitroCruz on January 15th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

PS4 ????? Seriously ????? Sony, you’re bad with PS Vita, this game should be exclusive to PS Vita >: [ . . . . . oh well, I don’ t care, I just buy the game on my PS Vita and enjoy it, why? Because this game is better on a portable console that on a home console.

+ Souledge94 on January 15th, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

Is this sub only? Asking since its the reason I skipped the vita version.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

Yes, this would be the sub only. That is correct.

+ rafael_martines on January 15th, 2015 at 8:09 am said:

OMG Thank you Chin Soon Sun!!!! Amazing, happy the localization will be sub only :D

+ Souledge94 on January 15th, 2015 at 8:10 am said:

@38 Ok just wanted to be sure since I wanted to know if I should care or not about the release. Sure wish people would dub their games.

@33 God I hope they dont bring it over. I enjoyed god eaters burst story and cast.So I want a company that actually dubs their games.

+ Souledge94 on January 15th, 2015 at 8:11 am said:

@39 yea hurray for not putting the full effort in the translation process.

+ Kishnabe on January 15th, 2015 at 8:11 am said:

Wanted to play Toukiden….skipped out hoping the updated version shows up here. Hope this is physical for Vita.

+ marukusanagi on January 15th, 2015 at 8:11 am said:

I hope this is also cross buy on other stores. I’m form Argentina, and have ps3 and vita, not a ps4 yet since here is too much money. Anyway, I want this on the vita for argentina (and the rest of south america as well-I put my complain here since the latin bog never answer questions)

+ JamalVita_91 on January 15th, 2015 at 8:12 am said:

Hey! Quick question @ Chin Soon Sun: will those of us who bought the original Toukiden for the PS Vita, will we be able to transfer our save data from that game to the Kiwami version? It would be great to dive directly in to the new story content without having to restart all the way from the beginning.On another note, I can’t wait for this to come out!

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 15th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

Yes, you can carry across save data, including weapons, armour, Mitama and progress levels from Toukiden: The Age of Demons to Toukiden: Kiwami.

+ OriginalHuman on January 15th, 2015 at 8:13 am said:

will the vita version be compatible with the Playstation TV?

+ JamalVita_91 on January 15th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

@ Kishnabe — Yeah, it’s physical for both versions (PS4 & Vita). Thank goodness!

+ Haimars on January 15th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

Great! I love the original Toukiden, I can’t wait for a new adventure hunting demons and sharing with the original party plus some new guys.

Greetings from Chile :)

+ AliciaDarky on January 15th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

Don’t listen to people who wish a dub! And, if you do, don’t give to us all the dubbed version without the choice of changing the spoken language! I like to play/watch everything in its original language and I know many other people do.

+ Souledge94 on January 15th, 2015 at 8:17 am said:

@48 Well I like hearing my entertainment in my actual language. Just seem more companies are using the cheap and lazy route to bring out their games. I remember when effort was actually put into the translation process.

PAGE 1 2 3