Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 19

PlayStation Bug - Flow

PSN Members Get One-Time 10% PS Store Discount This Weekend

PlayStation Bug - Flow

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by on Jan 19, 2015 // SVP, PlayStation Network

Update: The discount promotion has now ended.

Hi Everyone,

We hope your New Year is getting off to a great start! As promised, as a thank you to all of our PSN members, we are happy to announce the details of the 10 percent PlayStation Store discount. See the official terms and conditions here.

The discount will be valid from 9:00 AM 1/23 PST through 9:00 AM PST 1/26. Simply use the promotion code for a one-time 10% discount off eligible items in a total cart purchase in PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or the web/mobile at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. Some exclusions do apply, including subscriptions for PS Plus, Music Unlimited, PS Now and rental video content (update: game preorders are also excluded from this promotion, we apologize for the confusion). The code must be redeemed at checkout and discounted transaction completed before 1/26/15 at 9:00 AM.

Use the discount on hundreds of thousands of items including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, pre orders, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies to own. You can find the code on PlayStation Store and via @PlayStation.

Also, for those PS Plus members impacted by the PSN service interruption over the holidays, we have started to roll out the 5-day PS Plus membership extension, no action is required on your part.  You will receive an email in the coming days with a confirmation of details about the extension.

Thanks again for your loyalty.

PAGE 1 2 3 15

+ Mister-Nep on January 19th, 2015 at 6:04 pm said:

Gonna have to choose carefully.

+ doctorruzak on January 19th, 2015 at 6:04 pm said:

Can I use this discount on the pre-order for Grim Fandango?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:14 pm said:

Preorders unfortunately aren’t supported for this promotion.

+ CapJSheridan on January 19th, 2015 at 6:04 pm said:

unless there’s a sale to go with it, I don’t see the point

+ SheSaidSheSaid on January 19th, 2015 at 6:05 pm said:

Will it be possible to buy content for both PS3 and PS4? If it all has to be done in one purchase (which is understandable), I’d like to be able to make it a nice big one, but I’m not sure I’ve ever bought content for both gens at the same time.

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:13 pm said:

Yes, using sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

+ StealinYourWifi on January 19th, 2015 at 6:05 pm said:

I’ll take 10% over nothing but what about that additional 5 day bonus on PS plus we were promised ?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:12 pm said:

That process has begun, the post above details it. “You will receive an email in the coming days with a confirmation of details about the extension. “

+ ESIASON7 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:05 pm said:

Thanks!

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:12 pm said:

Thank YOU!

+ Pavelbure1 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

What a joke, the network was down longer than the amount of time we have to use this coupon.

+ AmericanNinja1 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

THANK YOU SONY THANK YOU SONY!

+ DJ_Tomato on January 19th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

>10% Discount after anniversary sale
>valid only for the weekend
>probably a awful (PS4/PS3/MOVIE SALE, not even Vita/psx/psp)
why should i care?

+ saab01 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

Can I give the code to a friend or is it tied to our account? I don’t see the reason to buy a game if I will only be getting a dollar off a 10 dollar purchase.

+ MatheusTom666 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

Really?
Just because I made a purchase last week, you decide to release the code for a LIMITED TIME?
SHAME!

+ Im-Xero on January 19th, 2015 at 6:06 pm said:

Sweet!

+ Sharingan_itachi on January 19th, 2015 at 6:07 pm said:

What a waste of time to write a blog post.

+ xFlipperMIA on January 19th, 2015 at 6:07 pm said:

Is this some kind of joke? Why should I spend my money when you give a TIME RESTRICTED code after sales end?

+ SheSaidSheSaid on January 19th, 2015 at 6:07 pm said:

@5 – Seriously? It’s mentioned in the post.

+ DJ_Tomato on January 19th, 2015 at 6:08 pm said:

>blockbuster new releases (
for ps4….wow

>award winning indie games
ports and crappy INDIES NOBODY ASKED FOR

>game add-ons and season passes, pre orders,
This is the future of Sony

>and an enormous selection of TV and Movies to own
I have Netflix for that

+ Sir_Alecks on January 19th, 2015 at 6:08 pm said:

Damn, I wanted to buy a PS Plus subscription.

+ DaJayhawkr on January 19th, 2015 at 6:08 pm said:

Does it work on preorders??

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:14 pm said:

Yep! Update: Unfortunately not. Please see the updated Blog post above.

+ yadidamean707 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:08 pm said:

Nice, thanx for that. And “stealin your wifi” did u not read tge dam article?

+ jamaal76 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

yeah I guess I’ll take the 10%… but what’s the promotion code?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 9:54 pm said:

Code coming in a few days here on the Blog. Stay tuned!

+ chrisnajar on January 19th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

When is Escape Plan for PS Vita going to be again on a Sale? Honestly, that’s the only game I’m interested in getting from the store.

+ liammill18 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

To be perfectly clear, guys, Sony did not have to do anything. Not even being an apologist, I’m just stunned that people are complaining about it, especially seeing as we’re still getting the PS+ extension in the future.

That said, I will happily take this and buy Gat out of Hell and Resident Evil HD, just like I was going to anyways, only cheaper. Thanks to the team at SCEA for offering this deal!

+ oversevethousand on January 19th, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

I know no one said it would align with the big sale that just ended, but all things considered, do you think you guys could maybe extend the sale so people could get to use this with that? Maybe it’s just me, but it really does feel tacky to announce this was happening a month ago, put up a big sale, then only let us use it once the sale is done and gone.

At the very least, some transparency with how this was going down would have been nice if you never intended for us to be able to use this with the sale. I know quite a few people who specifically waited, assuming the code couldn’t possibly take over half the month, and now they very likely have missed the sale entirely due to this. Obviously it’s partly their fault, but the “some time next month” statement last month combined with no one saying anything about it certainly didn’t help.

Regardless, I do appreciate that it’s being done, and I hope at least some people will get some mileage out of it.

+ killuchun on January 19th, 2015 at 6:10 pm said:

Wow, four days only to take advantage of this? I may miss this opportunity. A shame.

+ Purgatory on January 19th, 2015 at 6:11 pm said:

Could we get some more details on how to use this with pre orders? Pre orders seem to want to check out instantly and don’t add to the cart.

+ WHITE_PR on January 19th, 2015 at 6:12 pm said:

So the service that was under attack is excluded from the 10%OFF (PS Plus Sub) C’mon Sony who is the genius behind that call?

+ Swordfish00830 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:12 pm said:

Thanks Playstation 😃

+ TheTrolling_Wolf on January 19th, 2015 at 6:12 pm said:

You should give the 10% off of Dragon Age which I recently bought on the store or maybe give us a credit amount as some of us might not have the money to purchase anything at this time or there might not be anything of interest at the moment.

+ oversevethousand on January 19th, 2015 at 6:13 pm said:

@16
There’s nothing wrong with indies. Yes, more is appreciated, but don’t fault the indies – fault the non-indies who fail to deliver.

@22
While this is true, once they say they’re going to do something, then it no longer is an issue of “they do or don’t have to do something,” but one of are they doing it well. Furthermore, as a business, Sony should, I would hope, want to keep their customers happy. While this certainly isn’t anything to riot over, it’s part of a very obvious trend showing that Sony’s lead is really getting to their heads as far as how they’re treating their customers goes.

I almost want to say I’m hoping they get slammed by Microsoft and Nintendo (despite having never owned a Microsoft console and barely using my Nintendo ones combined compared to my Vita alone) this year. When Sony doesn’t try to compete, they really, really don’t try to compete.

+ avatarguy on January 19th, 2015 at 6:15 pm said:

I don’t believe this is fair. You can only use this code on one pre order not multiple, this code should have been given out and be used at their own discretion, the code should work on everything and whenever someone would like to buy something, Not when it suits Sony.

+ perrandy on January 19th, 2015 at 6:16 pm said:

cool, but i want to know whats the promotion code or is it something that will be added automatically after your purchase?i’m confused here

+ SnoT8282 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:16 pm said:

If there’s nothing on a decent sale there won’t be a point in using the 10% off…. Most games you can get elsewhere already for the PSN Price + More than 10% off…

+ chunterosa on January 19th, 2015 at 6:17 pm said:

#16 you know that EVERY single gaming platform out there is catering to the indie scene, and for a good reason too. But sure, pretend like you’re the only one in the universe and proclaim everyone’s desires for them. I for one love to see the indie scene thriving. Some of us REAL gamers recognize that not everything offered needs to be a AAA title.

+ msccomp on January 19th, 2015 at 6:19 pm said:

Perfect. Was waiting for this so I can pick up Drive Club. I hear all the issues have been fixed, so looking forward to the game. Thanks Guys.

+ BrianC6234 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:19 pm said:

I see the British police worked with the FBI and have already arrested two idiots over the PSN and Xbox Live DDoS attacks. Sony and Microsoft need to sue them for all of their costs. Maybe all of us gamers should file a class action lawsuit too. I don’t care about getting anything but that lawsuit would cost those idiots a lot. They’d be in debt the rest of their worthless lives.

+ Teflon02 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:19 pm said:

Well I guess that I wouldn’t be getting no 10% discount was hoping it was a code I could choose when to use it

+ broodwars on January 19th, 2015 at 6:20 pm said:

So Sony deliberately withheld their 10% apology coupon for a date between major release dates and the weekend after their big New Years sale. Thanks for nothing, Sony. It’s nice to know how little you really care about your user experience if this is supposed to be your apology for screwing up Christmas with your lack of online infrastructure. I look forward to the next empty gesture offered the next time Sony screws up.

+ DSx_ChiraQz on January 19th, 2015 at 6:20 pm said:

So we can put this on pre-orders too? Or do I have to wait for the game to come out completely?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:29 pm said:

Yep, anything is good except the exceptions listed above in the Blog post copy.

Update: I was mistaken. Preorders are unfortunately not supported. Please see the updated Blog post above.

+ oversevethousand on January 19th, 2015 at 6:20 pm said:

@32
I suspect the idea here is that they didn’t intend to let us use this with a sale to begin with. A little disingenuous of them if that’s the case, but I’d be love to proven wrong.

@33
I can understand where they’re coming from, even if I disagree. The Vita in particular could really use some coverage from Western developers outside of indies, but that seems to be the only group that is interested on this side of the sea anymore.

+ oversevethousand on January 19th, 2015 at 6:22 pm said:

Anyway, since I suspect my initial comment, like many often are, is being ignored, I’ll just repeat this one thing:

Next time, or with anything like this, please just be more transparent. People like to plan, and while the blog is appreciated, far too often you guys at Sony make decisions that are extremely unfriendly to your customers and their ability to plan and budget.

+ user_agent on January 19th, 2015 at 6:22 pm said:

Can I use this for ps accidental protection plan?

+ DSx_ChiraQz on January 19th, 2015 at 6:22 pm said:

Oh nvm I read the comments above me Lol.

+ Djent_Maven on January 19th, 2015 at 6:22 pm said:

Sweet! Using this on my Pre-Order 1886

+ jormungand_blood on January 19th, 2015 at 6:23 pm said:

And how are we going to receive the discount code? email? psn message? I didn’t understand that part.

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 19th, 2015 at 6:29 pm said:

We’ll have more details soon. Stay tuned!

+ JamDen_89 on January 19th, 2015 at 6:25 pm said:

I’m in Ireland, I want to use this on Grim Fandango but pre-order isn’t available yet. Will this be coming to Ireland for pre-order or is it America only. I’ll be pretty disappointed if not.

+ KKAtan on January 19th, 2015 at 6:25 pm said:

@32 , @24

I recommend using the code on Atelier Ayesha Plus if you want a suggestion.

It was released just Last week, and the timing is actually perfect since the code will come in time so we still get the Bonus costume DLC.

+ THEQXD on January 19th, 2015 at 6:26 pm said:

Does anyone know when we are supposed to get the 10 dollar credit for adding 60 to our wallet with paypal?

+ iXi_LAWM9STER on January 19th, 2015 at 6:28 pm said:

This makes me upset more than anything else. You guys put an expiration date on the 10% off which is completely bull. We should get a 10% code and use it when we want.

+ Jotamide on January 19th, 2015 at 6:29 pm said:

I expect nothing to be on sale this week.

+ helbertpina on January 19th, 2015 at 6:31 pm said:

My cart is (already) ready!

PAGE 1 2 3 15