God of War

Jan 20

borderlands

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Hits PS4 on March 24th

borderlands

Andrew Goldfarb's Avatar Posted by on Jan 20, 2015 // Content Editor, Gearbox Software

Ever since we announced Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, nearly every fan I’ve heard from at trade shows, on Twitter, in the comments, or on the forums has asked one question: when is it coming to PS4? Well, we appreciate your patience, and today we have some good news for all of you: not only are we bringing The Pre-Sequel to PS4 on March 24th, but Borderlands 2 is coming along with it! Both titles will be available in one package as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for $59.99.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

The Handsome Collection has both games running in gorgeous HD and looking pretty damn great, at a resolution and performance level never before seen in Borderlands on consoles. Beyond that, The Handsome Collection also has another cool first for Borderlands: four-player split-screen! Yup, four friends can hang out on the couch and play in split-screen on a single TV with The Handsome Collection, in Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel.

Have you already started Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and/or Borderlands 2 on PS3 or Borderlands 2 PS Vita? Don’t worry: using cross-save functionality, you’ll be able to transfer your save to and from PS4 to pick up right where you left off, along with your leveled-up character, Badass Rank, and everything else you worked so hard for.

Borderlands: The Handsome CollectionBorderlands: The Handsome Collection

But what about the DLC? Well, that’s all included, too. Yup, The Handsome Collection includes ALL of the add-on content for both Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel, which is a heck of a lot of stuff. To give you an idea of just how much we’ve stuffed into that little box, here’s a list of everything you’ll get in addition to the base games:

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Borderlands 2

• Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
  • Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
  • The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
  • Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
  • Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
  • Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
  • T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
  • The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
  • How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
  • Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
  • Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
  • Character Customization Packs
    • Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
    • Psycho Party Pack
    • Siren Learned Warrior Pack
    • Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
    • Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

• Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
  • Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
  • Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
  • Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)

Back when Borderlands 2 came out in 2012, it launched alongside a pretty extravagant Collector’s Edition that some of you might have been able to snag. With Borderlands 2 and all of its add-on content coming to next-gen, we knew we had to top ourselves. And so, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection will receive an extremely limited Collector’s Edition, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition!

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Limited to only 5,000 units worldwide, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition includes a remote controlled Claptrap steward bot that you’ll control with a companion app from your iOS or Android device. You’ll be able to play voice samples of some of Claptrap’s most iconic lines and look through a camera to see where Claptrap is headed, all while you control his every move (while balancing on one wheel)! The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition also includes 12 really cool exclusive Vault Hunter lithographs, and a collectible steel case. It’ll be available for $399 at participating retailers, and we recommend getting a move on it if you’re interested — we don’t expect these to last long.

Lastly, we’ll be talking more about The Handsome Collection during our panels at PAX South this week, and I hope we’ll see some of you in San Antonio. Even if you can’t make it, stay tuned for more details leading up to launch.

See you on Pandora and Elpis!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ megatron1984 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:05 am said:

What about borderlands one? When is that coming to ps4?

Andrew Goldfarb's Avatar

+ Andrew Goldfarb on January 20th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

For now we’re just focusing on Handsome Jack’s story, which is only in B2 and TPS. :)

+ TheFlyingPuffin on January 20th, 2015 at 5:09 am said:

I’m missing the first one as well. Had that one been in there too it would’ve been amazing. Still, very cool, looking forward to it.

+ Insomnia999 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:11 am said:

Beyond!
Great package!
How about bringing the Borderlands games to PS Now?

+ sethisthegoat on January 20th, 2015 at 5:11 am said:

Nothing is ever good enough…

+ TheWintendoHii on January 20th, 2015 at 5:11 am said:

Ugh. .. more ports of last games? Really? I bought a PS4 to experience next generation games not to replay the same games I played only a few years ago with a slightly better paint job…

+ Ax_Man17 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:12 am said:

A collection with out the 1st Borderlands really?

+ zingakun on January 20th, 2015 at 5:12 am said:

I knew it would worth it waiting for this to become a reality. Borderlands 2 has lots of DLCs, and finally a all-in-one package plus the Pre-sequel. What a handsome deal! ;)

Please, say that it will also be available digitally.

Thank you guys!

+ gerneric123 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:14 am said:

Couldn’t port The Pre-Sequel to Vita too? Smh.

+ ThatJerkTyler on January 20th, 2015 at 5:15 am said:

Are these games gonna be available for purchase separately as well or only as a bundle?

+ sethisthegoat on January 20th, 2015 at 5:16 am said:

Too bad this is coming on the same day as Bloodborne. Choices, choices.

+ cosmic_uk on January 20th, 2015 at 5:16 am said:

#4 on the next Roper Report. I guarantee it.

+ SkyDivide on January 20th, 2015 at 5:19 am said:

Wow, all dlc content for both games? **** the complainers, I think that’s awesome! Thanks for bringing it to ps4, I’ve missed the shoot n loot!

Andrew Goldfarb's Avatar

+ Andrew Goldfarb on January 20th, 2015 at 12:53 pm said:

Thanks! It’s a LOT of stuff. Typing out that bullet pointed list of DLC was sort of overwhelming. I’m still exhausted.

+ JamesBlonde777 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:22 am said:

How about the option to buy just the Pre-Sequel for $29.99? I would get that; otherwise, pass.

+ nenous on January 20th, 2015 at 5:24 am said:

What abour HomeWorld 2 HD remaster and HomeWorld 3? You all keep throwing Borderlands on PlayStation community.

+ LEFT__4__DEAD__2 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:24 am said:

OMG Cannot Wait :D

+ DeviantBoi on January 20th, 2015 at 5:24 am said:

You should have put the price at the end. I stopped reading at $60.

+ seanoc1 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:29 am said:

Hope it’s 60fps.

BEYOND!

+ dartbord on January 20th, 2015 at 5:29 am said:

This is pretty awesome, I might actually buy this! :D

+ SSJStarwind16 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:41 am said:

Pre-Order Info please!! I will step on Xbone fanboys to get!

+ thedarkdomino on January 20th, 2015 at 5:43 am said:

#SkyrimOnPS4

+ SonicRift on January 20th, 2015 at 5:49 am said:

I didn’t really play Boarderlands 2, so I might be interested in this.

+ scoobysnack0420 on January 20th, 2015 at 5:53 am said:

This is great for ps4 but I already have all 3 for the ps3 :) but would love for the first to be able to play online again.

+ Jayquesada on January 20th, 2015 at 5:58 am said:

Does anyone knows where to pre order it?

+ BooondockSaint on January 20th, 2015 at 5:59 am said:

That is a cool bundle i like they added all dlc. I dont mind remakes when the game has all the dlc. And also the prequel came out after i traded in my ps3 to upgrade to the 4. It wasnt worth the upgrade as of now. However i really want to play the prequel. But seriously hand over the next gen exclusives already.

+ ChainsawPup on January 20th, 2015 at 6:10 am said:

Very exciting! I’ve been waiting for this! Too bad I can’t transfer my 360 saved game to the PS4… But what can ya do? I never finished BL2 and never even played pre-sequel so there will be plenty for me to do.

Nice!

+ JATPOL on January 20th, 2015 at 6:21 am said:

Finally :-)

What about borderlands 1 ??????????????????????????????

+ JRey38 on January 20th, 2015 at 6:25 am said:

Can’t wait for PAX South since I live in San Antonio, Texas anyways

Andrew Goldfarb's Avatar

+ Andrew Goldfarb on January 20th, 2015 at 1:00 pm said:

It should be fun! We have our own theater and nine (!) panels. I’ll be hosting a good chunk of them, come say hi. :)

+ Blitzkrieg_exe on January 20th, 2015 at 6:32 am said:

Never played a Borderlands game before. But I never play games out of order. So I guess I’ll pass until the first one is released on PS4 as well.

Andrew Goldfarb's Avatar

+ Andrew Goldfarb on January 20th, 2015 at 1:01 pm said:

Handsome Jack’s story begins in Borderlands 2 and it’s not a bad starting point, plus The Pre-Sequel has a ton of background info. You’ll be able to follow along, I promise!

+ buddy_holly27 on January 20th, 2015 at 6:32 am said:

LOL. It’s just announced and it’s “..but where’s Borderlands 1?!?”.
Aren’t you people ever satisfied?

It’d be nice if the whiners were banned from playing it. Ha!

+ SilentNova on January 20th, 2015 at 6:43 am said:

I think the first one was not included thanks to the fact the servers are already dead for the first game. Oddly enough the first game was the only one I bought and then ended up getting Borderlands and Borderlands 2 thanks to the Instant Game Collection as a PS+ member.

+ GunnerFCm on January 20th, 2015 at 6:49 am said:

Very cool. Any chance preordering will be available this weekend to coincide with the 10% discount Sony is offering?

+ Tuppery_Numnak on January 20th, 2015 at 6:50 am said:

This is beyond incredible!

+ megatron1984 on January 20th, 2015 at 6:53 am said:

@27

I don’t see any problems with asking about borderlands one. I enjoyed that game and want to replay it from the beginning.

+ JaystainC on January 20th, 2015 at 6:55 am said:

It is a really strange decision not to include what is now the middle part of a trilogy in a bundle release… I’ve never played any of the Borderlands games and was really excited to read this headline, but without Borderlands 1 it will be a pass for me as well.

+ cimerians on January 20th, 2015 at 6:56 am said:

Borderlands 1 was my favorite….oh well.

+ chsnavi on January 20th, 2015 at 7:10 am said:

Thanks Andrew for the great news! and beyond!

+ Bellalara on January 20th, 2015 at 7:16 am said:

This looks great! Can’t wait to play Borderlands on PS4

+ AmericanNinja1 on January 20th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

THANK YOU SONY THANK YOU SONY!

+ mrblack92 on January 20th, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

-face palm- i understand that a lot of us didn’t have ps3’s so the re-release is a way for others to enjoy some of the goodies. May consider picking this up if i find some loose change in my couch.

+ RyuZX on January 20th, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

I’m not complaining. I’ll buy this, but I do hope you guys get Borderlands 1 on the PS4. Hopefully its exclusion here means you’re doing a sorta remake for the PS4 to add bad ass ranks while getting online functionality for it. Because the game doesn’t have any online at all on PS3 which ruins the experience.

I do hate to see that there is only one bit of campaign dlc with the Presequel season pass and ANOTHER character class is on the way. That’s… irritating.

+ Aided_Onslaught on January 20th, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

Will second player earn trophies or do I have to get this on my Xbone?

+ SeanStrange on January 20th, 2015 at 7:29 am said:

No thanks. Not a fan of Borderlands whatsoever.

+ RevLux on January 20th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

This is great news for PS4 owners who have yet to play these two fantastic games! Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre Sequel offer 200+ combined hours of awesomeness! Now, if only there were some form of discount for those of us who already own the digital copies and season passes on our PS3s…if only. /Heavy Sigh

+ Welmosca on January 20th, 2015 at 7:40 am said:

OMFG what a bulls***….so instead of making new games y’all prefer to recycle your old ones…this “next-gen” is definitely the worst ever.And what makes it even worse is sheeps cheering this s*** up.

Nice boxart though.

@5 TheWintendoHii – Glad someone has common sense.

+ SilentNova on January 20th, 2015 at 7:46 am said:

@39 Since the PS4s release second player has been able to get trophies. Only game that seems to have an issue with that is Little Big Planet 4. However I am glad Sony changed that format from PS3.

@ Why is the first game not included. The servers to the first game have already gone out. It seems for the most part they might just be adding servers to the ones still going. So my guess is that Borderlands the first game will not appear on the PS4. Unless as someone else hoped for a complete overhaul happens on the first game.

My other guess is the main reason they are doing this is because it could be the PC version getting ported over tothe new consoles since they can handle frame rates (for the most part) better than before. Also PS4 and XBox One are still stronger than the average persons PC or laptop. Remember gaming PCs are still in the minority and not in the majority. So games overall will look better on average on PS4 or even XBox One thanks to that fact. Still I doubt it will be a lazy port.

+ EverythingOnFire on January 20th, 2015 at 7:47 am said:

I post on a few forums, and I remember lots of people joking over whether or not they should buy the Pre-Sequel, or just wait for the gen8 version. Joking because the idea was just sorta ridiculous, even after taking all these remasters and cross gen’s into account. But here it is. Pre Sequel on gen8 consoles. Freakin astounding. Can’t wait to see these this collection running at 40fps!

gen8 has been such a joke so far. Know how many big true gen8 exclusives PS4 has given us over the last 10 months? ONE, and it was a broken racing game. Oh wait, I forgot to mention inFamous First Light. A 4 hour expansion that got mostly 6’s and 7’s.

+ CrusaderForever on January 20th, 2015 at 7:50 am said:

Yes so happy for this release!!! I skipped the PreSequel for this reason. It is a very good day to be a PS4 gamer!

+ WingerNu1 on January 20th, 2015 at 7:57 am said:

@42 I love how the people with the elitist attitudes are often the most stupid and ignorant ones in the comment section.
‘Why would a company want to put minor effort upgrading their games and familiarizing themselves with new software in the process, while simultaneously making their creation available to an even larger market?’ Yeah. Shame on them; they should always adhere to the players that whine like children. It’s a good thing they have that gun pointed to your head, and are forcing you to hand over your cash.
It’s funny how all the ‘real’ sheep, ie, the people that seem to have no cognitive ability of their own, are only able to complain, constantly. This generation’s had one of the strongest starts thus far, but you know – what are facts?

+ Vyprstryke on January 20th, 2015 at 8:01 am said:

A collector’s edition that’s the same price as a brand new console???????? Sorry, but what the hell? For that price, that claptrap best double as another PS4.

I didn’t finish BL2 since I decided to stop and wait for the GotY edition then just never had time to go back to it so I’m glad these 2 are coming. Would reallllllly love to see the 1st game redone at some point =)

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on January 20th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

I’m actually looking forward to this because I never really played much of Borderlands 2 and I have been meaning to pick up Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel 60$ isn’t to bad considering all thats in the package. I would’ve liked Borderlands 1 to be in there but its not a deal breaker. For those who are complaining about this and all the remasters in general lately I get your pain really honestly I wish there were more current-gen exclusives on the shelves too but they ARE coming guys and besides the remasters are kinda cool they allow us to either relive or experience for the first time great games at their full potential (The Last of Us remastered is probably the best example of this). I get it you want new groundbreaking experiences and so do I but they are on the way most console generations start out really slow in this regard but I don’t think the amount of remasters make this the worst console generation yet and I also think those of you above who are insulting people for buying and enjoying these remasters (you know who you are) should be ashamed of yourselves you are part of whats wrong with the gaming community.

PAGE 1 2 3 4