PlayStation Vue

Jan 20

powers

Powers Premieres March 10th, Only on PlayStation

Brian Michael Bendis's Avatar Posted by on Jan 20, 2015 // Executive Producer, Powers

Hey PlayStation Nation!

Brian Michael Bendis here again, co-creator of the POWERS comic books and executive producer of the show, and I have some big updates from the set of POWERS, the first original live-action series for PlayStation Network. I’m happy to report that production has wrapped on all 10 episodes of POWERS. Under the skillful hands of our showrunners Charlie Huston and Remi Aubuchon, our amazing directors, writers, cast and crew, the episodes are coming together beautifully.

As I sift through different cuts of the episodes and the raw footage, I’ve been hearing from our cast on the set about how much fun everyone has been having. They battled the Atlanta weather and the flu and they pulled together and really gave it their all.

So it is my honor and privilege to officially tell you that PlayStation will be releasing the first three episodes on March 10th followed by the debut of a new episode every Tuesday on PlayStation Store.

Stream the first episode for free on PlayStation Store or at playstation.com/powers and the full season will be available free to members of PlayStation Plus…which you should have already because it’s awesome.

As we head toward the launch date I will be updating you on all kinds of special surprises and giveaways. For instance, for those of you looking to get a head start into the POWERS universe, this Wednesday, January 21st at your local comic book store or at comixology.com you can pick up a brand-new POWERS number one…its double-sized story for the regular price. This is a perfect place for new readers and old to hop on board the world of POWERS.

And you can catch me tonight on Late Night with Seth Meyers talking more about the show. Yes, it is very weird to even type those words.

Be sure to also follow the official pages on Twitter and Facebook for more fun extras. Thank you to everyone who has been sending me notes on Tumblr and Twitter about their eager anticipation for the show. I can’t tell you how much we all appreciate that. We think of you during the long hours…we really do.

So, it’s not going to be too much longer… March 10th!!

I leave you with the key art from the series. It’s just a little tease, a little taste, of what’s to come over the next couple of months.

See you online…and if I killed you in GTA V, I’m sorry (not really).

Powers

30 Comments

+ Jaded_Dragon on January 20th, 2015 at 6:04 am said:

Can anyone clarify if it’s US only or not?
As a Canadian PS+ member, I’d like to watch the series, but I know that our regulatory body for TV, etc can be difficult to deal with…

+ buczanova on January 20th, 2015 at 6:06 am said:

Any info about Europe premiere date if any?

+ rhinosana on January 20th, 2015 at 6:06 am said:

Exciting!

+ DaPinz on January 20th, 2015 at 6:09 am said:

Very nice.. Will Def Check out. Please Bring Back The Tester

+ perrandy on January 20th, 2015 at 6:16 am said:

i have been waiting for this show for awhile now.hope there’s no more delays on this and btw,thank you for the update

+ demon_spectre on January 20th, 2015 at 6:19 am said:

Love your work, Brian, and can’t wait to see this. (Can’t wait for AKA Jessica Jones either!) Thanks for the update!

+ RusStarik on January 20th, 2015 at 6:21 am said:

What about Russian PS+ members? We want to see POWERS too, even without localisation(IMHO, it would be better without localisation, but it’s only me).

+ Swotam on January 20th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

At the very least they should post the regional restrictions when the post the info, as opposed to leaving it to customers to ask in the comments that are rarely responded to most of the time.

+ Berae on January 20th, 2015 at 6:29 am said:

Nice, i love these series! I hope its available for canada too

+ SilentNova on January 20th, 2015 at 6:39 am said:

I have been excited about this for awhile. Well a little less than two months away and February is a short month.

+ darkjester74 on January 20th, 2015 at 6:47 am said:

Exciting! Will there be any way to watch this show on the PS4?

+ paulogy on January 20th, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

After seeing the previews I’m actually pretty eager to see how this turned out.

My fear now, will 10 episodes be enough?…

+ Bellalara on January 20th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

Excited to watch this new series!

+ ZombieRollz on January 20th, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

Can’t wait to watch this. Hope it lives up to the hype I’ve had for it. If it can start off like Arrow and The Flash then it will be awesome.

+ Neologos07 on January 20th, 2015 at 7:26 am said:

March 10 Powers also in Mexico PS store??

+ Sonny on January 20th, 2015 at 7:33 am said:

Now that you’ve name dropped Breaking Bad, I have to assume the main character is a villain.

+ plaztiksyke on January 20th, 2015 at 9:25 am said:

are there any GLBT characters?

+ Razlo on January 20th, 2015 at 10:15 am said:

The trailer made this look good. I’ll definitely check it out when the show hits.

+ iREVOLTER on January 20th, 2015 at 10:19 am said:

The trailer was soo good! And free for + members, love it.

+ death_nation100 on January 20th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

Ok whatever , I’m not even sure if I care .

+ JanusDS on January 20th, 2015 at 10:58 am said:

Just saw a trailer for this the other day and it looks pretty interesting; looking forward to seeing it. Plus Sharlto Copley is a great actor, glad you guys got him for the lead role as he looked good for the part in the trailer I saw.

+ AizawaYuuichi on January 20th, 2015 at 12:43 pm said:

@ Swotam: “Assuming this will be US-only? You would think they would mention this in the post, but it seems that everyone on this site seem to forget that the North American region consists of more than the USA, along with the fact that people from around the world read this site.”

It doesn’t matter what countries the North American region consists of. This is the US blog, not the NA blog. Just look at the url. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all information posted here should be assumed to be US-only. Especially contests.

+ Swotam on January 20th, 2015 at 1:19 pm said:

It’s the blog for the North American region, which includes the US and Canada. They don’t have a “Canada blog”, we get lumped in with the US for the store, sales, etc. Regardless of your opinion, ignorant as it may be, it’s not really that hard to type “US only” in the post. 2 words, 6 letters, not that hard.

+ Rezznak on January 20th, 2015 at 2:38 pm said:

Awesome news! Now how about telling us when you’re going to release United States of Murder Inc. #6? Been waiting on that conclusion for MONTHS! Is it cancelled or what, Bendis?

+ sajoey on January 20th, 2015 at 3:38 pm said:

Brian! Your show looks great! Really, this looks awesome! But I would be a dirty liar if I didn’t say that you absolutely RUINED E3. You just..you just brought it to an absolute grinding halt. Still, this looks good.

+ Welmosca on January 21st, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

Would like to watch this.

+ solace357 on January 21st, 2015 at 4:33 pm said:

So this is in the same universe as Fables? pretty cool.

+ honkayjeezus on January 21st, 2015 at 7:48 pm said:

So, this is where the Driveclub PS Plus Edition server money went to?

+ GGCAN on January 23rd, 2015 at 9:54 pm said:

“We’re moving fast and look forward to bringing you Powers in the United States this December. As we announced earlier this year, every PSN user in the US will receive the first episode of Powers for free and PlayStation Plus members will be able to view the entire season for free. ”

This was posted on the Blog on Aug 18/14 under the title

Powers Update: Who is Detective Christian Walker?

Unless they’ve changed who views it, I think this will be the only audience able to view the series.

Really too bad, but it’s other countries laws that allow/disallow the viewing not really the fault of Sony.

+ GGCAN on January 23rd, 2015 at 10:01 pm said:

===========================================

The post above may be the comic that is on PSN as well. (I was checking a couple of other posts on Powers on the Blog…

Powers: Stream NYCC Panel Today, First Look at Eddie Izzard as Wolfe – Oct 10/14

Powers: Dramatic Series Hits PSN This December – Jul 08/14

Powers: NYCC Wrap-up, Panel Highlights – Oct 15/14

===================

I know like another person above mentioned about The Tester, a series that was on PSN was viewable by others, so maybe we still have hope for this series as well.