Watch Dogs 2

Jan 21

theelderscrolls

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Launches June 9th

Jessica Folsom's Avatar Posted by on Jan 21, 2015 // Community Manager, ZeniMax Online Studios

We are excited to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited edition will be arriving on PS4 on Tuesday, June 9th! This marks the first time in the series’ history that you’ll be able to play an Elder Scrolls game on PlayStation with your friends. Tamriel Unlimited features all the major updates that the game has seen on PC over the last year plus many important changes that will be rolling out in the coming months.

Click here to learn more on PlayStation.com

The biggest change coming with Tamriel Unlimited is that you will no longer need a game subscription to play! Because we are removing the requirement for a monthly game subscription, you will now need to ensure you have an active PSN account with PlayStation Plus to play ESO as long as you like.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

If you’ve played ESO on PC, you’ll immediately notice the major changes made to the game’s user interface. The game now caters to your DualShock 4, and feels closer to experiences you’ve had with past Elder Scrolls games on consoles. One of our biggest changes arriving in time for ESO’s PS4 launch is the addition of the Champion and Justice systems. The Champion System is a totally new progression system for max-level characters, while the Justice System, which allows you to steal, murder, and be brought to justice if you’re caught! Stop there, criminal scum!

Tamriel Unlimited also debuts ESO’s new optional membership package, ESO Plus. With this premium membership service, players will be granted free access to all of the game’s DLC game packs; bonuses to XP, gold, and crafting; and a monthly allotment of Crowns to purchase items from the Crown Store. What’s the Crown Store, you ask? This is an all-new merchant store to ESO full of optional cosmetic and convenience items you can purchase for Crowns, a new currency allowing you to buy content directly from PlayStation Store. You’ll be able to fully enjoy ESO without being a member, but we think you’ll really enjoy the benefits if you have fun playing the game.

Those that don’t enroll in ESO Plus can still expect free patches that implement fixes and other improvements along with optional DLC offerings you can purchase to add more adventures to the already-enormous game.

Between now and the game’s launch, we’ve got plenty more to share on Tamriel Unlimited — including details on when you’ll first be able to play the game in Beta. On behalf of everyone at ZeniMax Online and Bethesda, we look forward to having our Elder Scrolls fans in the PlayStation community join our adventure. See you online in June!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ kirachem on January 21st, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

Might check this out. Sounds like it would be fun.

+ opikal on January 21st, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

$60 for the game and then, $15 a month though, its like paying for it over and over again. And you need PS Plus.

+ kyleh614 on January 21st, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Glad the monthly fee is going away, but first I want to know how much has changed since the PC version launched. I played at launch on PC and it was really awful.

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

We’ve made a lot of improvements and additions to the ESO since launch (we’ve had five large updates, with a sixth on the way.) If you’re able to, we encourage you to tune into the livestream we’ll be hosting at noon! http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios

+ Crunchewy on January 21st, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

I have Playstation Plus, but my kids do not. So are they going to have to get their own PS+ (even though they get access to online play via my PS+) or will they be able to play as long as I have PS+ and we use the same PS4?

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Excellent question, Crunchewy. You will only need one PlayStation Plus subscription, one PS4, and one copy of ESO (though everyone will need to share the ESO account).

+ a456435335345334 on January 21st, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

Oh come so we can kiss Teso goodbye now and say hello frelling cashshop

+ NintendoTim on January 21st, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

@2 – Did you not read the article, or are you here for just the headline?

“The biggest change coming with Tamriel Unlimited is that you will no longer need a game subscription to play…you will now need to ensure you have an active PSN account with PlayStation Plus to play ESO as long as you like.”

+ JamesBlonde777 on January 21st, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

I’m excited for this!

+ XorKaya on January 21st, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

@opikal… Did you even actually read the article?

+ opikal on January 21st, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

Oh they are removing the fee, that might be good then. But then whats this optional membership? Something to try and get you to pay the $15 anyway I guess.

+ iREVOLTER on January 21st, 2015 at 7:22 am said:

Now that sub is gone I may actually try it.

+ JayShockblast on January 21st, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

@ #2 – forget reading the article, just look at the freaking box art. It’s literally right there.

+ Crunchewy on January 21st, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

To put my question more clearly: can PS+ *sub-accounts* play (i.e do you just need online access) or do they need to have their own active PS+ subscription?

+ Koszor on January 21st, 2015 at 7:24 am said:

How much does ESO Plus cost?

+ opikal on January 21st, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

I read the article too fast so I could complain about the fee :/ I researched buying it before and it said a subscription would be required so… Leave me alone… :)

+ YinDude on January 21st, 2015 at 7:29 am said:

It actually also says no subscription required in the video as well. As far as I’m understanding it, the only other thing you’d have to pay for is a PS Plus subscription, which you need anyway to play online with the PS4. So it’s definitely worth looking into for me. Can’t wait

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:13 am said:

This is correct. You only have to purchase the game, and have a PlayStation Plus subscription, and you can play ESO for as long as you like.

+ bobarue on January 21st, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

Very excited about this. Was super excited when I originally heard of eso coming to ps4, on of the reasons I got it in my head I wanted a ps4. Was bummed there was a monthly fee and decided not to buy it. If the subscription fee is going to change the game like dco or archeage they need to ditch the upfront cost. Hopefully this will be more like guild wars2 otherwise will probably wait to get it at a huge sale or wait for it to be fully ftp

+ opikal on January 21st, 2015 at 7:36 am said:

I wonder if this means the PC version will be free to play, that pops up for around $10 sometimes.

+ bobarue on January 21st, 2015 at 7:39 am said:

Just read yes PC will not require subscription in march

+ opikal on January 21st, 2015 at 7:41 am said:

Price of cheap game codes may rise then. I will have to get it now. Hope they add controller support too.

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on January 21st, 2015 at 7:44 am said:

I haven’t heard that many great things about The Elder Scrolls online and Im much more looking forward to future Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 4 announcements XD However the game may have improved since I last looked it up and the fact that the subscription fee is being removed makes it worth a try I’ll give it a shot :)

+ bobarue on January 21st, 2015 at 7:46 am said:

Let me know what source you are looking at for game code. I think I’m going to do the same thing

+ HackedLife on January 21st, 2015 at 7:48 am said:

So are we still getting the $20 PC to PS4 transfer?:

I only bought the PC version BECAUSE they made this offer. If they renege on this I will be seriously P.O.’d.

+ bobarue on January 21st, 2015 at 7:53 am said:

All major updates, does that mean all the dlcs that are already available? understand dlcs are free if you are subscribed, just wondering about current dlcs available

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

When The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited goes live, it will include all the great gameplay from the original PC/Mac game, plus all the updates and content additions, including the exciting new Justice and Champion systems.

+ GrafUlrich88 on January 21st, 2015 at 8:04 am said:

Hey Jessica,

The new trailer is very impressive! I’m looking forward to more information over the coming months. I will be pre ordering today after what I have read.

I wanted to ask if you guys would consider on making “Dynamic Themes” and “Avatar Pictures” for the PS4. Your game would look cool displayed on everyone’s PS4.

Cheers!!!

Rob aka Graf

P.S. Please keep posting info on the PS Blog as your game gets closer to launch, thanks.

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Glad to hear you like the new cinematic trailer! We’ll be showing all four together in our livestream at noon today.

As for dynamic themes and avatar pictures, we love the idea and it’s something we discuss for all our titles.

+ wquinn on January 21st, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

So this is pretty much how DCUO is set up on PlayStation. I’m fine with that.

One question: does this effect pre orders for the Imperial Edition? I’ve got one in the queue with Gamestop..

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:21 am said:

This doesn’t impact your Imperial Edition pre-order. It will be rolled right into Tamriel Unlimited on June 9th when we launch on PS4.

+ mus1ckfps on January 21st, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

I knew if i waited to pre order this game it was either going F2P or B2P and I’m glad it went B2P now i can buy it and play without the hassle of a subscription Model Great decision imo

+ wquinn on January 21st, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

@4 Crubchewy – you don’t need PS+ for free to play MMOs. That being said if you are all using the same PS4 console you only need one PS+ account.

+ wquinn on January 21st, 2015 at 8:09 am said:

*or buy to play, rather..

+ HackedLife on January 21st, 2015 at 8:13 am said:

So are we still getting the $20 PC to PS4 transfer?

+ HackedLife on January 21st, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

“For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time. “

+ Kharmeister on January 21st, 2015 at 8:23 am said:

I don’t think Crunchewy’s question was properly addressed. Can more than one person play ESO provided that one of them has a PS Plus membership and they are all playing on the same console, or would each person (e.g. Crunchewy’s kids) require his or her own individual PSN account?

+ Kharmeister on January 21st, 2015 at 8:24 am said:

Oh, sorry, just saw the official reply. Thanks for the response.

+ Kharmeister on January 21st, 2015 at 8:25 am said:

Actually, my bad, it wasn’t official. Could you clarify, Jessica?

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 8:30 am said:

Answering that one now. Needed to check on it! :)

+ perrandy on January 21st, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

what is the game play like?

+ bobarue on January 21st, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

What about those that already bought eso on the p.c? will they be able to transfer their characters and if so will the cost be as previously mentioned $15 to transfer from pc to ps4?

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

If you’re eligible to have their characters transferred (you signed up for the transfer last year), you’ll receive an e-mail informing you of the transfer option. You will then be able to purchase the upgrade (for $20) via our website at www.elderscrollsonline.com.

+ KrisButtar on January 21st, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

How does the PC to PS4 transfer work now? Before it was to pay $20 and have our characters transferred along with 1 month sub. Do we lose that 1 month now or will that be a 1 month in the new set up? Am I going to lose any of my Imperial Edition stuff when I transfer now?

+ Amnalehu on January 21st, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

Glad the sub is gone. I will be buying this one for sure now!

+ phoremat on January 21st, 2015 at 8:55 am said:

YES!!!! NO SUBSCRIPTION!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!

+ kingdomkiller3 on January 21st, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

ill look into the game might get it but its going to be hard to get me away from FFXIV. I’m too addicted tot this MMO lol.

+ HansDonnerBR on January 21st, 2015 at 9:01 am said:

And for now only the pre-order of the disc is available. Is there a digital copy coming as well?

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 11:26 am said:

Yes, we will have a digital version of the game available for purchase and pre-order on the PlayStation Store in the future.

+ KrisButtar on January 21st, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

“+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

If you’re eligible to have their characters transferred (you signed up for the transfer last year), you’ll receive an e-mail informing you of the transfer option. You will then be able to purchase the upgrade (for $20) via our website at http://www.elderscrollsonline.com.”

We had to sign up for the transfer last year? When will we know if we get an email or not as this is news to me and the only reason I bought the PC version was to get an early start on my character.

+ TheConstantine on January 21st, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

Really excited for this and looking for another game to play with friends besides Destiny. I’ve heard the game has improved a lot and I like having the option to get DLC is I want or not.

+ surac3233 on January 21st, 2015 at 9:26 am said:

I pre-ordered the original ESO April 2014 that was supposed to come out June 2014. Does that pre-order now apply to to ESO Tamriel unlimited or do I have to pre-order this now?

+ KrisButtar on January 21st, 2015 at 9:32 am said:

Thought MMO games didn’t require PlayStation Plus on the PS4 why does this one?

+ purse317 on January 21st, 2015 at 9:35 am said:

I’m in just wish it’d have launched sooner.

Also you guys have to get that end of game leveling/progression system right. That’ll make or break your game. Also make sure optional dlc is priced fairly and make a potential subscription worth my wild.

Lastly you need a 1 year subscription priced so low it has to be considered. I’d have a bundle game game + 1 yr $120. At lauch lower yhe 1 yr fee to something unbelievable like $50 to draw a crowd of support and cash for updates. You have to do something drastic to breathe new life into the game lauching on consoles isn’t enough.

+ Korahn27 on January 21st, 2015 at 9:36 am said:

When I played the PC version, it was so boring and awful. Were enough things changed to make it worth it? Will PC players have to purchase the main game as well? The free parts of WoW don’t require the game purchase and, even on the Playstation, DCU online is a free download, no monthly fee and DOESN’T require PS+

+ Demonic_Clown on January 21st, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

No Fallout 4 = No money from me.

+ SarshelYam on January 21st, 2015 at 9:50 am said:

Sooo…I bought my PC Imperial Edition when it launched last year, but my PC died before installing it. I recently rebuilt and started playing the game…does that mean I’m SOL as far as character transfers go? It really puts a damper on wanting to progress if I’m going to have to abandon my current build come June. :'(

+ Sniper_Wolf_40 on January 21st, 2015 at 9:50 am said:

Hey Jessica just a quick question,

I was looking forward to the Imperial edition for ESO on console play and was wondering how this will affect it. I haven’t pre-ordered anything and was wondering if at least the content and ability to play as an imperial will still be avaliable?

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

If you pre-order the Imperial Edition for console, you’ll get all the benefits included, such as being able ti play an Imperial. We’ll be offering a digital version of the Imperial Edition in the future. If you’d like a physical copy, we recommend checking this page for retailers who carry it: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/joinus

+ SilentNova on January 21st, 2015 at 10:35 am said:

I have to admit the lack of a Subscription does interest me in trying the game. Also a lot of people very clearly do not read the articles before commenting. Only one question though and it is probably a no, but any chance of a one time pay for a permanent premium subscription? Hope that does not seem like a jerk of a question.

Jessica Folsom's Avatar

+ Jessica Folsom on January 21st, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

It’s a fair question. We don’t currently have any plans for a lifetime subscription option.

PAGE 1 2 3