Days Gone

Jan 21

Jan 21

The Order: 1886 Goes Gold, New Trailer Premiere

Ru Weerasuriya's Avatar Posted by CEO and Creative Director, Ready At Dawn Studios

Well, it took a few years to get here, but I’m happy to say that The Order: 1886 went gold last week!

It’s almost hard to believe that the game is wrapped up. There are definitely times when we miss the madness that takes place when finishing a game. From our first initial pitch of the project back in 2010, to growing our team over the last four years, we have poured all our energy and passion into this game and we can’t wait for everyone to experience it.

Back at PlayStation Experience in December, we were able to finally show a long demo of the game that encompasses the many things we have revealed until now; Neo-Victorian London, The Order, its Knights and their weapons and technology, and their struggle against the Rebellion and the Half-Breeds.

We still have a lot more to tell you before launch, but today we’re presenting a brand new trailer that we hope will whet your appetite; a glimpse into the conspiracy that has been slowly brewing in the city of London.

From the whole team at RAD, a very big thank you to all for your support and encouragement. We’re looking forward to letting everyone get their hands on the game on February 20th.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Santos21 said:

January 21st, 7:12 am

“take my money” meme goes right here —->>

TangoThief said:

January 21st, 7:15 am

This looks great. But I don’t know what it means to “go gold.” Did you sell a lot of copies?

kyleh614 said:

January 21st, 7:19 am

“But I don’t know what it means to “go gold.”

This means the game is finished.

The Order: 1886 doesn’t look fun to play. Pretty game though! Real amazing graphics, but the art direction is so boring, so that doesn’t really save the Order either. All of the gameplay video’s that have been shown have not been reassuring. The cover based shooting mechanics looking boring, and there were too many cheap quick time events. On top of that the strange movie like screen resolution the game uses, and the lead designer claiming that gameplay is not important. I don’t have a lot of faith in this title.

Arctic_Buggie said:

January 21st, 7:21 am

Please be good please be good please be good

Juelz345 said:

January 21st, 7:22 am

@2 it means they’ve “finished” developing the game and it’s ready to be pressed and mass produced.

Juelz345 said:

January 21st, 7:25 am

@3 source for where the lead designer said gameplay wasn’t important? It’s hard to believe he said that.

Enforcer_X said:

January 21st, 7:30 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to play this!

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

January 21st, 7:32 am

The video isn’t showing up for me. Here’s the link, in case it’s not showing up for anyone else:

Butters360 said:

January 21st, 7:35 am

Last person to play this at the PlayStation Experience and I LOVED IT! STOKED for this to come out.

Firelogic said:

January 21st, 7:36 am

Game is looking incredible! Always had faith RAD. I pre-ordered it last June!

Hestar69 said:

January 21st, 7:37 am

Can’t wait to play the game next month! :)

Djent_Maven said:

January 21st, 7:44 am

Ru, as a huge fan of Le Morte de’ Arthur I cant wait to see what you guys have done.

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

January 21st, 7:45 am

I will definitely be picking this one up day one, easily one of my most anticipated PS4 titles :)

remanutd5 said:

January 21st, 7:45 am

I can’t wait to play this.

TwinDad said:

January 21st, 7:48 am

Going to need to read reviews on this one. The trailers always look great, but I need to find out how much of a quick time event fest this title is. The only part that ever bothered me about Uncharted.

bernionline2 said:

January 21st, 7:48 am

This game is NEEDS multiplayer. Looks amazing!

MarinoBrea said:

January 21st, 7:51 am

Epic trailer. It shows character, it shows action, it shows diversity. NOW I’m really feeling the greatness coming from this one. Good job RAD!

EverythingOnFire said:

January 21st, 7:54 am

Crazy psyched for this game. Less than a month to go, gang!

wounded-dragon18 said:

January 21st, 7:58 am

Finally caved and pre-ordered. hope amazon delivers it early!

Welmosca said:

January 21st, 8:02 am

You have my full support RaD since The Order was announced….this game was the real reason for me to buy a PS4.Can’t wait…I need The Order more than I need to breath lol….also awesome trailer,game’s impressive a true technical marvel but that was expected.

One thing though…I know that The Order isn’t a 10 before playing the game…dat damn letterbox,what a mistake RaD.Should’ve put an option to disable that…I don’t have a widescreen TV to see black stripes when I’m playing a game.

cmdluke said:

January 21st, 8:04 am

Congrats. Can’t wait to play the full game!!

crbngville said:

January 21st, 8:08 am

Wow! That trailer looks great. Haven’t been that interested, in this title, until now. Gonna pick this up to play until Bloodborne comes out.

Welmosca said:

January 21st, 8:09 am

Oh I also forgot to ask….does he say “alistar” at 1:25?….if yes,then is alistar crowley in the game?

@ 14 TwinDad – And since when Uncharted is a QTE fest?

GrafUlrich88 said:

January 21st, 8:13 am

Hey Ru,

Thank you and your team for all your hard work it looks amazing!!! I have it on pre order.

Cheers!!!

Rob aka Graf

P.S. Please keep making more Dynamic Themes and Avatar Pictures so we can show our love and enjoyment for the game.

MOT12B said:

January 21st, 8:15 am

I really hate the black bars (nearly ruined the evil within for me) but the game looks so awesome that I just can’t wait to get my hands on it. Really excited for this one!!!

mikemill said:

January 21st, 8:18 am

Pre-ordered this a long time ago, one of my most anticipated games of 2015. Can’t wait!! Ready at Dawn did amazing work with God of War on the PSP and I can’t wait to see what they’ve done with the horsepower of the PS4.

ISEMAN said:

January 21st, 8:36 am

Pre-ordered the collectors edition a couple weeks ago and this trailer definitely cements that decision. Can’t wait, definitely will fill the R:FOM void in my gaming heart!

1 month to go……

Congrats RAD on going gold, I have not doubts in the quality of product that I will be getting my hands on in 4 weeks time.

CrusaderForever said:

January 21st, 8:39 am

This looks like a very special game, can’t wait to play this D1. I have a feeling the story is going to be really enthralling. The production values look spectacular. Can’t wait to learn history’s darkest secret! Congratulations on going gold!

yowzagabowza said:

January 21st, 8:44 am

Any kind of story DLC planned? I think the game will be great, but with a 10-15 hour length, i dont know if i need to own it for $60. I could rent it, and platinum it, in a weekend.

TeamGreen615 said:

January 21st, 8:44 am

Could this be the game that finally gets me to buy a PS4? I guess I will wait and see what the reviews say. Holding out for a better bundle, something with a true next gen. game and not a PS3 remastered game. Anyway best of luck to you guys I hope this game does really well.

TheConstantine said:

January 21st, 9:08 am

So excited for this. This and Uncharted are the reasons I got a PS4!

Jay_Pe85 said:

January 21st, 9:16 am

ahhh…..pre order it or not pre order it….thats the question…i don’t care about the pre order extras, i love the pre load thing…

whereymyconary said:

January 21st, 9:26 am

Congrats, looks awesome. Excited to read reviews, if I hear good stuff I’ll pick it up, I’ve already cleaned out my Black Friday stock pile. Just wish the pre-order stuff was worth while. But the same costume with a different color doesn’t interest me. Now if it was a godzilla outfit or something fun I’d be interested.
Good luck on release,

cman199 said:

January 21st, 9:30 am

Already preordered the collectors edition

Junguler said:

January 21st, 10:09 am

remove this letter boxed nonsense already, i’m trying to play a game and not watch movies, i hate movies i like 16-9 format.
if you don’t honor the standards i won’t be playing this mess.

YungShep said:

January 21st, 10:14 am

definitely looking forward to this…

Red-5x said:

January 21st, 10:18 am

Hi:
That’s excellent, Ready at Dawn. Congratulations for all the effort you put on this Spectacular Game. Let’s see this February 20th how good the game is and I hope we can see “those” open scenarios… I still be able to see some lack of shadows in certain scenes… The weird part is that it seems to be there in the Cut-Scene… why is that?

Mando44646 said:

January 21st, 10:22 am

I have this game pre-ordered! Please don’t make me regret this as I did Destiny…

MColby13 said:

January 21st, 11:37 am

this is the first trailer that made this game actually look interesting and actually help me understand what this game is about if it gets good reviews maybe ill snag it

KidGreengene said:

January 21st, 11:45 am

So sick! Great job by RAD! But… with the PSN 10% off code not working on pre-orders, I now have no interest in either using the code nor in getting this game until it is under $54 (the full price minus the 10%).

Sorry guys… I was really looking forward to this game to so waiting another month or two is going to blow hard.

OtterX said:

January 21st, 12:07 pm

I’m preordering as soon as I get the 10% off PSN code from Sony. (for the outages last month) Game looks amazing! It may not reinvent the wheel as far as gameplay, but it’s exactly what I’m craving right now… a solid cinematic 3rd person action/adventure with off the chart production values! I bet my wife will enjoy this too. She doesn’t game much, but she is hardcore for these kind of movie-like experiences. (ie:Uncharted Trilogy, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider etc) Congrats guys! Can’t wait!!!

ShoNuff8322 said:

January 21st, 12:21 pm

Assassins creed meets The Evil within. Doesnt look anything out of the ordinary to me

jose213jose said:

January 21st, 12:23 pm

You got me now, It looks good and everything but does the game rend at 1920 x 1080P @ 60FPS? 60FPS vs 30FPS; i like it to run 60FPS it makes it look good and feels smooth.

KidGreengene said:

January 21st, 12:27 pm

@42.. Like I just posted above you, this site confirmed that the 10% DOES NOT work on pre-orders. That absolutely sucks a big hard one… :/

@43.. I don’t think they are aiming for 60fps. They have been very vocal that they are wanting a cinematic feel to this and movies don’t even render in 30fps.

D-Squad3 said:

January 21st, 12:42 pm

Wish you guys would restock on the Premium Edition :(

OtterX said:

January 21st, 1:25 pm

@45 Thanks. The Sony Blog originally said preorders WILL work, now I looked back at the original post and now they edited it saying they will not. Oh well, their loss. I was only going to preorder because of the savings. I will not be preordering The Order now. I’ll get it in late 2015 when it will inevitably go on sale. Thanks for backtracking and screwing over your loyal customers, Sony.

loakum said:

January 21st, 1:32 pm

I have the Premium Edition of The Order 1886 Paid In Full! I’m so ready for this game! I’ve been stoked about this game ever since I seen that trailer with the Lycan in it! I’m so fascinated with the lore of Werewolves, and the model used in the trailer definitely gives it justice! Also I got to mention how amazing the graphics looks! RAD Studios looks like ya’ll might be the studio to de-thrown Naughty Dog’s Top Console Graphics Title!

OtterX said:

January 21st, 2:00 pm

*seriously, how can Sony backtrack like that? They flat out lied. They said for several days unedited that the 10% code WOULD work on preorders. Sony is really disappointing me lately. I had a really bad experience recently with a Sony customer support representative who refused to help me with my issue, despite him flat out telling me he agreed with my complaint. Sony does not represent the consumer. Microsoft would have helped me with my issue, although I quit the XBox brand in 2009. Thanks Sony. Keep this up and consumers WILL leave.

TomatoDragon said:

January 21st, 2:13 pm

This trailer really gets you pumped. Very powerful.

PAGE 1 2