God of War

Jan 25

grim-promo

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 1/27/2015

grim-promo

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Jan 25, 2015 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

It’s a special week in the world of PlayStation, as the legendary adventure game Grim Fandango returns to the spotlight in a gorgeous, remastered edition for PS4 and Vita. Welcome back, Manny!

In Grim Fandango Remastered, players are (re)introduced to Manny Calavera, a travel agent working at the Department of Death. Manny sells travel accommodations to souls on their way to eternal rest, until he gets tugged into a conspiracy that’s a little more high stakes than just “life or death.” Grim Fandango has been meticulously enhanced with a new lighting system, higher resolution assets, and even remastered audio to sweeten an already spectacular score. For old fans and newcomers alike, Grim Fandango is required playing in this curriculum we call video games.

Speaking of the dead — or the undead, in this case — Dying Light arrives on PS4 with an open-world apocalypse. Traverse massive environments littered with infected in order to survive. Gather items, craft weapons, and outrun all the hungry zombies that have unanimously elected you as their next meal.

There’s more games coming, though, so read on for the full list. And as always, enjoy the Drop!

Dying Light
Grim Fandango Remastered
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 SISTERS GENERATION
Life is Strange, Episode 1
Nihilumbra
Teslagrad

New PlayStation Games This Week

Dying Light
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Dying Light is a first-person, action survival game set in a vast open world. Roam a city devastated by a mysterious epidemic, scavenging for supplies and crafting weapons to help defeat the hordes of flesh-hungry enemies the plague has created. At night, beware the Infected as they grow in strength. Live to survive another day.
Grim Fandango Remastered
PS4, Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Something’s rotten in the land of the dead, and you’re being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there’s trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 SISTERS GENERATION
Vita — Digital, Retail
If your princess is a self-referential, fourth-wall-breaking RPG that skewers both the game industry and gamers in equal measure, then Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 is your castle! You’ll fight in free-roaming battles as characters known as CPU Candidates — the younger sisters of CPUs, who watch over nations. Using over-the-top attacks, powerful transformations, and more, these Candidates will have to step into the spotlight to save their sisters and the world of Gamindustri!
Life is Strange (Episode 1)
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Launching Friday)
Life is Strange is a five part, episodic series that sets out to revolutionize story-based choice and consequence games by allowing the player to rewind time and affect the past, present, and future. You are Max, a photography senior who saves her old friend Chloe by discovering she can rewind time. The pair soon find themselves exposed to the darker side of Arcadia Bay as they uncover the disturbing truth behind the sudden disappearance of a fellow student.
Nihilumbra
Vita — Digital
Discover the beautiful world of Nihilumbra and join Born on his adventure to find himself whilst trying to escape from his inevitable curse. Born was created from the absolute nothingness: The Void. But somehow he separates himself from the black emptiness and appears in the world. This is where his long odyssey begins.
Teslagrad
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy)
Update: The release date of Teslagrad has been moved. We appreciate your patience!
Teslagrad is a 2D puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to discovering the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower.

Demos and Betas

Life is Strange (Episode 1) — PS4, PS3 Trial

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:46 am said:

Happy Sunday! ^_^

+ hawjboi2009 on January 25th, 2015 at 9:47 am said:

hey Ryan, do you know when we can preload Dying Light from PSN Store ?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

Hi there! I’m not 100% certain, but it should be soon, maybe even today! Though that is subject to change. ^_~

+ iamsirjoshua on January 25th, 2015 at 9:50 am said:

Some great stuff releasing this week. Grim Fandango is going to be great and happy to see Teslagrad come to NA!

Is there any word on what Apotheon’s delay is like? Back in November it was announced it would be releasing in January but now it looks like it will miss that window. Definitely one of my most anticipated early 2015 indie titles.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

Glad you’re interested in Apotheon, I feel the same way. Nothing official right now, but stay tuned — hope to know more in the very near future.

+ saab01 on January 25th, 2015 at 9:51 am said:

Life is strange looks like a good one. It’s nice to see a trial on PS4 since 99 percent of the time no trial is added.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:54 am said:

Hope you enjoy it. That’s definitely on my list of games to check out this week!

+ TomHoang on January 25th, 2015 at 9:52 am said:

Really great week for adventure fans with Grim Fandango and Life is Strange. Never played Grim Fandango before, but I am a fan of Tim Schafer games as I enjoyed Psychonauts and Costume Quest (playing Costume Quest 2 from the flash sale now!). Life is Strange also looks right up my alley, with its Beyond Two Souls vibe.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:55 am said:

Thanks for the comment, Tom! Agreed, I can’t wait for Grim Fandango. I missed it when I was younger, so this is a great opportunity to see the legend in the flesh (or bones).

Cheers!

+ foxboss on January 25th, 2015 at 9:56 am said:

First real retail game this year. Here’s hoping this is a good start to the new year.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:58 am said:

Cheers!

+ GattsuWolf on January 25th, 2015 at 9:59 am said:

OMG I’ve waiting for this so many years… Grim Fandango, my vita is ready!!! F yeah!
1 question… Is it gonna have spanish subs? If not I’ll still get it haha thank you guys!!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 9:59 am said:

Hey there! Not sure if it has Spanish subs, but I hope you enjoy it regardless!

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 25th, 2015 at 9:59 am said:

Hi I have a question, I doubt it since it is so close to release, will there be a pre-order and pre-load option for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round?

Also I’m really glad Resident Evil Remake is on PS4. Having a blast playing it again.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 10:00 am said:

Hey Sonicfan,

I actually don’t have any information on Dead or Alive in my documents, sorry I can’t help!

But I’m glad you’re enjoying Resident Evil. :3

+ hawjboi2009 on January 25th, 2015 at 10:03 am said:

hey Ryan, Life is Strange release this Friday correct ?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 25th, 2015 at 10:05 am said:

Hey, thanks so much for catching that, I forgot to include the note above. Yes, as of right now it’s launching Friday! ^_^

+ Curse7781 on January 25th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

Is there a season pass for Life is Strange? If so, how much? Thanks!

+ sealum01 on January 25th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

There are so many great games for the PS4, I’m having trouble keeping up! That said, I am really looking forward to Grim Fandango. I’ve really been longing story driven adventure/puzzle games, and Grim Fandango looks like a seriously great game to complement simpler (but still fabulous) Telltale point-and-click games (The Walking Dead/Game of Thrones/etc).

+ Ry-Dog on January 25th, 2015 at 10:09 am said:

#DonaldDuckGoinQuackersPS2onPSstore

+ hawjboi2009 on January 25th, 2015 at 10:10 am said:

Curse7781, it is 19.99 for season pass. just let you know

+ Rezznak on January 25th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

ahhh wth?! WHERE’S APOTHEON?! You guys said January!! Game’s already done I thought it was up to Sony to release it. Very disappointed.

+ Ry-Dog on January 25th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

#Xevious3D/G+onPSstore

+ Ry-Dog on January 25th, 2015 at 10:12 am said:

#StarWarsPS2gamesonPSstore

+ Curse7781 on January 25th, 2015 at 10:20 am said:

Thanks for the info hawjboi2099, looking forward to it

+ MakoSoul on January 25th, 2015 at 10:30 am said:

I’ll be getting Dying Light and Life is Strange!

+ OddyOh on January 25th, 2015 at 10:34 am said:

No Tetris Ultimate for Vita yet?

+ TheBigSpoon on January 25th, 2015 at 10:35 am said:

Any Idea when La-Mulana EX will hit the vita?

+ Salvy35z on January 25th, 2015 at 10:42 am said:

Hey Ryan,
Can you clarify if Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V will have trophies for the Vita? I think it’s a PSP game so I’m not sur.

+ Todoh789 on January 25th, 2015 at 10:46 am said:

What’s the word on the Vita ver. of Telsagard?

+ o0AcousticVal0o on January 25th, 2015 at 10:47 am said:

When are going to be able to pre order Evolve on PSN ? thanks

+ death_nation100 on January 25th, 2015 at 11:00 am said:

I already got Dyinbg Light preordered . I can’t wait to play it !

+ yowzagabowza on January 25th, 2015 at 11:04 am said:

Well, its been more than 15 minutes, so i know Clements wont see this, but you should include prices in this post. Just friggin do it already. There is no reason not to. And if you do have a reason, maybe let us know what it is.
I may be interested in Grim Fandango, but price is a big part of that decision. I thought i might find out how much it is before it was on sale. Yknow, like every other thing in the world does?

+ thegodofgreen on January 25th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

dying light needs demo, i want to try it out looks cool but want future dlc for multiplayer campaign

+ gameception2014 on January 25th, 2015 at 11:15 am said:

Grim Fandango has a platinum, 48 trophies.

+ nagrith on January 25th, 2015 at 11:16 am said:

@ yowzagabowza you can just look at prices from psn… it won’t take your 5 seconds

+ alf_aguilera on January 25th, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

When are going to be able to pre order Evolve on PSN ?

+ yowzagabowza on January 25th, 2015 at 11:33 am said:

@28 we should know ahead of time. Some people (almost everyone) budget their money.

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on January 25th, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

No love for Nep-Nep/Nep-gear?

+ gameception2014 on January 25th, 2015 at 11:46 am said:

@30 its $14.99. Go to ‘Coming Soon’

+ Pohumnom on January 25th, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

Will Grim Fandango Vita be PS TV compatible?

+ Teflon02 on January 25th, 2015 at 11:58 am said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION!!
Got preordered, will be picking it up on Tuesday :)
enjoying Atelier Ayesha Plus (I need to stop and finish Meruru plus though -.-)
My Vita Backlog though…

+ NinjaMicWZ on January 25th, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

Is Teslagrad on Vita still happening? Was waiting for that one.

+ AbscissaAbscissa on January 25th, 2015 at 12:13 pm said:

Nihilumbra looks pretty cool. I hope it’ll get ported to the big screen (PS3/PS4), would love to try it. Teslagrad sounds cool too.

+ negimaknight on January 25th, 2015 at 12:26 pm said:

Yay Hyperdimension Neptunia Re birth 2 SG Can’t wait for it Played it in Japanese Loved Can’t wait for re birth 3 and english as well

+ BrianC6234 on January 25th, 2015 at 12:28 pm said:

All of these games that are getting released on the PS4 and Vita should be on the PS3 too. If the Vita can handle Grim Fandango the PS3 can too. Publishers are missing out on a lot of sales by not doing it.

+ medenko1975 on January 25th, 2015 at 12:35 pm said:

we get demo

Life is Strange (Episode 1) — PS4, PS3 Trial

tomorrow?

+ The_Codefinder on January 25th, 2015 at 1:18 pm said:

Don’t bother asking any more questions on this post people, Clements has already fullfilled his 5-minutes of watching/replying to comments until next week.

+ Embytron on January 25th, 2015 at 1:31 pm said:

Hey Ryan, you seem to have left out some pirate game called Raven’s Cry which is apparently coming out on the 28th as well.

+ Superstone on January 25th, 2015 at 1:51 pm said:

More psone classics please. Please make ps2 classics playable on the Vita

+ PhilS1990 on January 25th, 2015 at 2:23 pm said:

@41 Isn’t the 28th a European release date? They don’t release games on Wednesdays here in NA (Mostly on Tuesdays)

+ bigzey2 on January 25th, 2015 at 2:57 pm said:

On the psn dyling light is 59.99 but in stores it’s 69.99. I haven’t pre ordered it yet but I’m thinking I will, is there a reason that it’s 10$ cheaper on the psn store(dlc content) or will I have to pay another 10$ after I pre order it digitally?

+ Tjoeb123 on January 25th, 2015 at 3:13 pm said:

@31 Well, I love Noire, but I second this anyway. I kinda wish publications would talk just a little more about the Neptunia series (which, according to the last PSB episode, Ryan, Sid, and the others aren’t fans of). I mean, I think it’s a good series despite what the naysayers will have you believe.

The same goes for other JRPGs that aren’t Persona.

+ Seluhir on January 25th, 2015 at 3:14 pm said:

Nothing for me this week… these past few months have been so bad… fortunately Crunhcyroll hasn’t been letting me down.

+ maxcoronel2014 on January 25th, 2015 at 3:25 pm said:

Grim Fandango already pre-loaded. Cant wait to revisit that masterpiece.

+ Tjoeb123 on January 25th, 2015 at 3:28 pm said:

@47 Preloaded on Vita? …Sony really does need to get on that. And allow us to change avatars without having to use a PS3.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on January 25th, 2015 at 3:42 pm said:

Any word on Godzilla coming to the PSN for ps3 or ps4?????

+ SeanStrange on January 25th, 2015 at 4:28 pm said:

Really hyped for Grim Fandango and the first part of Life is Strange. It’s going to be a great week, that’s for sure.

PAGE 1 2 3