Watch Dogs 2

Jan 29

dengeki

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Coming to PS3, Vita This Year

dengeki

Stephen Akana's Avatar Posted by on Jan 29, 2015 // Associate Marketing Manager, SEGA

Get ready for a dream duel of epic proportions! Here at Sega, we are beyond thrilled to announce that Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax is coming to the West exclusively for PS3 and Vita. Thanks to all our fans for supporting efforts to bring Japanese content like Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax over from Japan. We’re excited to reveal more about the game as we get closer to launch!

Developed by Ecole and French Bread in cooperation with ASCII Media Works, this 2D fighting game celebrates the 20th anniversary of Dengeki Bunko with an all-star cast of their popular characters set against Sega-themed worlds. With playable characters such as Asuna from Sword Art Online or Kuroyukihime from Accel World, and support characters like Touma Kamijou from A Certain Magical Index or Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax makes the most unlikely of character matchups a reality.

Fighting Climax features a fighting system that is both easily understood and complex, thus catering to veterans and newcomers alike. Using weak, medium and strong attacks, each of the playable characters have move sets that are similar in execution, yet differ in attack range, power and speed.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting ClimaxDengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Assist characters each have two moves that can either help you chain your combos or add a defensive strike, giving players a large range of flexibility in custom combo creation and play style. Speaking of characters, Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter and Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles join the battle as unlockable characters in Versus and Online multiplayer modes, along with their support character counterparts Pai Chan and Alicia Melchiott.

In addition to an original story campaign in Arcade mode where characters are summoned to overthrow the evil Zetsumu, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax features over 60 new vignettes in its Dream Duel mode. Exclusive to the console launch, these original cutscenes are penned under the supervision of Dengeki Bunko’s writers and add further depth to the interactions of this fantasy crossover of characters.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

But the fan service doesn’t stop there! All of the stages have been designed after some of Sega’s most iconic series, so prepare to go faster in the nostalgic stage themed after Sonic the Hedgehog or declare war against your opponent amongst the Gallian and Imperial tanks of Valkyria Chronicles.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ gerneric123 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:05 am said:

Whoa, thanks Stephen and Sega!

Is it possible you guys can release Phantasy Star Nova in North America and Europe for PS Vita?

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:07 am said:

You’re totally welcome! We have no news currently about Phantasy Star Nova but appreciate the interest :D

+ Myrmidon43 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:05 am said:

This news makes me a very happy person. So excited!

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:08 am said:

The news makes us all very happy people around the office as well!

+ Andrefpvs on January 29th, 2015 at 7:06 am said:

Thanks, guys. I needed more Kuroneko in my life!

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

Same here, but with Maou Sadou. Katsu DOOM!

+ Nicalrant on January 29th, 2015 at 7:07 am said:

SEGA PLS! If i wasn’t awake this morning, I am now. Thanks a million, picked up the import digitally last year and more than happy to pick up a retail copy for US!.Keep this trend going Sega!

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:10 am said:

Thanks for the support!

+ DigitalHitmann on January 29th, 2015 at 7:08 am said:

My body is ready.

+ Lucianman101 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:08 am said:

Wow, never thought this would happen hopefully this does well to encourage more japan titles coming to the west

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

Yes, please continue to show your support for our JP content. If you buy it, it will come… or something to that effect.

+ andyscout on January 29th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

I imported this. My review: It’s okay/10

+ Expy on January 29th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

Wow… Unexpected.

I had just imported two copies from Japan as well… Welp. Looks like I’ll have to quadruple dip on this one. :)

One question though, can you fix the scaling issue? On normal scaling mode the top part kind of cuts off. :\

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:16 am said:

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat with the 4x buy. I’ll definitely pass on the notion about the scaling you mentioned. Thanks!

+ Makoto-Hikami on January 29th, 2015 at 7:09 am said:

Is this real life

>”Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax will be available exclusive to PS3 and PS Vita in Summer 2015, both digitally and at retail.”

Vita version is retail as well? no way

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:16 am said:

Way :D

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

Wow Cool, I’ll look into this. I wish Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter was in this, I thought she was the more popular female VF character? Hopefully this can come to PS4? But I’ll pick this up for Vita if I truly get interested in it. I’ve been a fan of Sega since I was 2 years old when I first started playing video games, the first being likely Sonic 1 on Genesis.

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:17 am said:

If you’re a big Sega fan, you’ll love the Sega themed stages. They’re amazing!

+ Elvick_ on January 29th, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

Retail :D

So Vita will be retail? Buying~

+ Expy on January 29th, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Any possibilities of also porting this over to PS4 for the western release? I’d consider that as well; but I’ll buy the PS3 releases regardless.

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

There currently aren’t any plans for a PS4 release but glad to hear we got you covered with PS3.

+ Alpha6Nine on January 29th, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

bless you SEGA \o/

+ KKAtan on January 29th, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

I’ll get the Vita Retail version!

Thank you Sega. Kirino and Miyuki are my favourite charaters.

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:20 am said:

I almost fell out of my chair when I heard the match up dialogue between Kirino and Tomoka. So good!

+ TheExiled12894 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

Would have never expected this to be localized. Sold

+ Daverost on January 29th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

Glad I waited on an import.

Taiga all day.

+ xCWExDammage on January 29th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

Damn Sega, first Yakuza 5, now this?

If Phantasy Star Nova or PSO2 comes out that will restore all my faith in you guys

+ SaberX85 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

Wow no pso2 and PS nova but this???

nice job SEGA, can’t believe this game can get to west

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:28 am said:

Thanks! We like to shock (pun totally intended)

+ EndRant on January 29th, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

Phantasy star online for vita next please.

+ Teflon02 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

I kinda hate that Kirino is in this and want to honestly not have anything that reminds me of her. But Railgun Mikoto Misaka and Shana plus what’s her name from Strike the Blood make me have to get it.

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

Strike the Blood – Yukina

Plus side is that if you don’t like Kirino, you have 13 other characters you can battle her with. Just don’t lose to Kirino players ^-^

+ gerneric123 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:23 am said:

Is the Vita version compatible with PlayStation TV?

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:33 am said:

We will have more new to come regarding PS Vita compatibility. Stay tuned!

+ DarknessKey92 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

T_T THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!
“The Dream is Real!”

+ madmanwithabox12 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:28 am said:

SEGA… localising a game… on Vita? Good times! =D
I mean other than Miku.

Hopefully we get more support from SEGA moving forward. The mobile Sonic remasters would be awesome on Vita. Not to mention localisations for Phantasy Star and other Japanese games.

+ Teflon02 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:28 am said:

Taiga is in here too!? Ohh Maaan lol. But yeah like everyone else I want Phantasy star already. Amazed this is happening but not that atm

+ TeamGreen615 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

Did someone say Vita and retail? Sold!!!

+ Teflon02 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

Ohh and Sonic 1-3nK would be nice on Vita. Sonic 4 as well. Id even buy sonic 4 with both games on a card if released. Extreme sonic fan here

+ PiotrRasputinBR on January 29th, 2015 at 7:36 am said:

@1 For a moment, I thought you were thanking Steven Seagal…

+ CappDog on January 29th, 2015 at 7:39 am said:

Summer is a ways off, but awesome! That way I’ll refrain myself from importing the japanese version :D

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:35 am said:

It’s totally worth the wait ^-^

+ Dinoegg_96 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:40 am said:

It’s a nice addition to the Vita library :D

Hopefully the next localization is Phantasy Star Nova. Come on Sega, make it happen!!!

+ rouward on January 29th, 2015 at 7:42 am said:

Awesome news, I can’t wait to play this game!

+ vgamerist on January 29th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait.

+ DesertAss2in on January 29th, 2015 at 7:46 am said:

Never before have I heard of this game. Now I don’t know how I could ever possibly have lived without it.

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:38 am said:

Having played a bunch so far, I have a similar feeling. “Where have you been all my life dream game?!”

+ OlCrunchy on January 29th, 2015 at 7:46 am said:

So of course this gets announced almost the INSTANT I import a copy for 70 bucks! “Golly this super Japanese crossover of Japanese properties still hasnt been announced for any sort of international release. I guess Its safe to import!”

Literally the exact events surrounding my Aquapazza purchase…

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:40 am said:

The same thing happened to me with both Aquapazza, Ranko Tsukihime, and Under Night in-Birth. Thankfully these games were all amazing so no regrets rebuying the Western version.

+ Hadenvr on January 29th, 2015 at 7:46 am said:

Got an imported Vita version as a gift from a friend; probably gonna pick up a ps3 version now for friends to play with when it releases.
Great to see not only digital, but retails versions of both the PS3 and Vita as well; kudos for that.

+ jchill001 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:48 am said:

Meh, more interested in j stars

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:44 am said:

J-Stars is a great game too though the gameplay is completely different from Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. I myself am more into 2D fighters but to each their own ^-^

+ CrapkitBoy on January 29th, 2015 at 7:50 am said:

Hi Sega!

Please, please, please localize Phantasy Star Nova and Phantasy Star Online 2 in NA :D
I hope this localization trend keeps up! We will support you!

+ Kishnabe on January 29th, 2015 at 7:50 am said:

Will buy since it is an Easy Plat. Not right away, as I am not a fan of fighting game.

I hope you guys bring out a Yakuza game for Vita or any of the Phantasy Star games. After Burner remake…..

+ fullmy4gbnow on January 29th, 2015 at 7:50 am said:

Getting it! Thanks Sega! Now could you bring Phantasy Star Nova please? Hatsune Miku f 2nd was great by the way.

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:45 am said:

Thanks! Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd is an amazing project to work on. Hope you have been enjoying the DLC!

+ KotoneKirishima on January 29th, 2015 at 7:53 am said:

Seriously Im excited for this!Good news indeed.

+ DeepEyes7 on January 29th, 2015 at 7:53 am said:

wow! Awesome news! And retail!!!! Sold!

+ Bijatron on January 29th, 2015 at 7:56 am said:

Wow, Sega! This is a miracle! Thank you! Between this and Yakuza 5, you’re making dreams come true! Day one physical purchase on Vita and PS3!

Thank you!

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

Thanks for the kind words. Its a really big encouragement to us when we hear how happy these releases make you guys. ^-^

+ LionAlliance on January 29th, 2015 at 8:04 am said:

Oh that’s sweet! Didn’t see that one coming! Nice job!
But what about Phantasy Star Online?! While at it, what about Digimon Cyber Sleuth D:< ?!!!

+ Stephen Akana on January 29th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

hehe Digimon Cyber Sleuth is a Bandai Namco title. We don’t have any news about PSO2 at this time but appreciate the interest!

+ BlaqMagiq24 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

Can this be real life? SEGA of all companies localizing more niche games? Have we FINALLY got through to them?

I didn’t think this game would actually come. Now I’m interested!

Next up:

Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PLEASE!)
Phantasy Star Online 2
Phantasy Star Nova

+ U_Nick on January 29th, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

Yes! I JUST imported the Vita copy in Novemebr as a B-Day present to myself. I’ll buy the PS3 copy when it comes here. Even though I dont play my PS3 too too much anymore… Too bad it’s not getting a PS4 release like J Stars Victory…

+ KogarashiMaidguy on January 29th, 2015 at 8:09 am said:

Please bring Phantasy Star Nova to the west too !

+ RoD_GX on January 29th, 2015 at 8:11 am said:

I’m excited! This is great, I’ve been expecting a fighting game and asking developers for Skullgirls on Vita since forever! This will do it! I wish it’s available already so I could play it on my VITA right NOW!
And since I want my gameplay to have NOTHING to do with crappy psn and sony’s service, I’ll go for the retail version!
God bless you SEGA, for bringing two gifts at once to the public: Dengeki Bunko and a retail edition. I can’t and I don’t want to pay for an overpriced VITA memory card. Proprietary move from a crappy company sucks but we have you guys to save the day!
I’ve supported you with SONIC ALL-Stars Racing Transformed, Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour Edition (Both retails) and Hatsune Miku. Could you guys please consider porting After Burner Climax to the PS Vita? It’d make perfect sense on the handheld! That’d be the Vita’s GOTY 2015, no doubt!

You guys certainly showed us how to support a handheld with great games, unlike a crappy company with a clown yelling ‘beyond’ every time he shows up. Thanks again!

+ buffpotato on January 29th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

I did not think this would actually happen! I imported it for Vita already, but will probably pick it up on PS3 in english unless the NA Vita version works on PSTV with 2 players. It’s a great game and I’d like to be able to experience the full story! What about the Bonus light novel samples? Will those still be in the english version? Also english or japanese voices?

+ shibbydibbybibby on January 29th, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

thank you for a retail version!!!!

someone must be listening.

we’d also like yakuza 5 to have physical/retail release.

aaaaaand sorry to echo the point home, but…

phantasy star nova/online 2 (all episodes)

+ RoII_chan on January 29th, 2015 at 8:19 am said: