PlayStation VR

Jan 29

bloghome_transistor_febplus

PlayStation Plus: February’s Free Games

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by on Jan 29, 2015 // Sr. Community Specialist

This is a pretty awesome month for PlayStation Plus members with a variety of quality titles across PlayStation platforms entering the service.

On PlayStation 4 you’ll receive one of the coolest games from last year – the critically acclaimed strategy/action RPG Transistor. PS4 owners will also get Apotheon, an action platformer set in Greek mythology, the day it releases on PlayStation Store. PlayStation 3 owners can explore the ins and outs of Tokyo with Yakuza 4 or sneak about The City stealing what you can in Thief. PlayStation Vita owners can see how many generations of champions it takes to beat the quirky Rogue Legacy and jump around as a little boy with a big gun (not so much for shooting enemies as it is launching you around) in Kick & Fennick, which is also releasing day and date in PlayStation Plus.

All of these games will be free for Plus members starting February 3rd. If you want to see these titles in action, check out the video below. When you watch, you may notice that the voice over has changed a bit, and my friend Ryan Clements is narrating instead of me. He’ll be handling the Plus communications from now on, including this post in the future, so thank you guys for all the support over the past couple years!

3 Month PS Plus12 Month PS Plus

February’s PlayStation Plus Preview

Transistor
Transistor (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
From the creators of Bastion, Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city.

Apotheon
Apotheon (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members
The Gods of Olympus have abandoned humanity, leaving you to perish without their benevolence. Take up arms against the Gods, climb Mount Olympus, and take their divine powers for yourself to ensure mankind’s survival!

Yakuza 4
Yakuza 4 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
Yakuza 4 lets you explore the city of Tokyo in an unprecedented level of detail, experience every taboo in the underground world through the eyes of 4 revered men. Can you survive the dangers and temptations of the Japanese underworld?

Thief
Thief (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
You are Garrett, the Master Thief. Step into the silent shoes of Garrett, a dark and solitary thief with an unrivaled set of skills. The most challenging heists, the most inaccessible loot, the best kept secrets: nothing is out of your reach.

Rogue Legacy
Rogue Legacy (PS Vita|PS4|PS3)

Free for PS Plus members
A procedurally generated castle means every run is different. This is a Rogue-lite. Your character dies, but with each passing your lineage grows and becomes stronger. Tons of unique traits make every playthrough special, and with 10 different classes to master, there’s plenty of reason to come back for more (punishment)!

Kick & Fennick
Kick & Fennick (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members
Soon after waking up in a desolate but colorful world, Kick meets a small flying robot named Fennick. When Fennick saves Kick from a menacing guard robot, they find out Fennick’s battery is broken. Together, they embark on an adventure to the Core Tower to find Fennick a new energy core.

We want your feedback so please take a moment to take our poll and leave us a comment below. To chat about all things related to PlayStation with a massive community of gamers, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums and make your voice heard.

575 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 12

+ D-Squad3 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Still no Driveclub

How about Catherine and Splinter Cell Blacklist for the PS3?

+ gerneric123 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

My sub expired. Not sure I want to resubscribe with this Vita lineup.

+ macolesi on January 29th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

nice! I dont have any of these games. I want to try Yakuza 4…

+ gerneric123 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

Apotheon really should be on Vita.

+ coconutshinobi on January 29th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

Can’t wait to try Transistor and Rogue Legacy.

+ sandkwithhp on January 29th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Great lineup, the AWOL Driveclub PS+ Edition notwithstanding.

+ Thermopyle2 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Fantastic month! My only disappointment is that Thief is listed for PS3 instead of either PS4 or having cross-buy for the month like previous games have had.

+ wynams on January 29th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Have we quit updating about Driveclub PS+ Edition?

+ TomHoang on January 29th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Excellent month! Yakuza 4 is one of my favorite games of last gen, so I’m happy more people can try it out. I also loved Transistor. I’ve been wanting to try Thief and Rogue Legacy, and I thought Apotheon and Kick and Fennick looked cool from their blog posts way back. All in all, an excellent month! Also, is Thief cross-buy with PS4?

+ danjer047 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

Happily bought Rogue Legacy about a month ago, but cool that it’s free for others. But really… Transistor AND Apotheon for free???? That’s amazing!!!!

+ Foxx on January 29th, 2015 at 8:35 am said:

That moment you realize that you bought Transistor the weekend before the next month lineup is announced. Haven’t even launched it yet… doh!

+ Tidusfanboy on January 29th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Duuuuuuuude. Transistor and Yakuza 4? February is glorious.

+ MushThePainter on January 29th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Apotheon and Rogue Legacy for me, thanks!

+ Labzaf on January 29th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Still no Drive Club + edition…
No AAA game this month…
Thanks!

+ Hitokiri_03 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Great stuff

+ Crunchewy on January 29th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Sweet lineup! Really looking forward to the PS4 games especially.

+ paulogy on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Awesome lineup! Really love the mix of great games from last year and brand new ones :-)

+ Nahela on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

I appreciate things like Yakuza 4 showing up, but it’s a shame they can’t be played on the PS4. A lot of my PS3 freebies never get touched anymore.

Good month though, really an exceptional selection.

+ ryudragoon13 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

This is sad again ps3 players get more then ps4 gamers is this how you treat your players give us both 1good game and 1less game

+ TheGrimHeaper on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Amazing month. Yakuza 4 and Rogue Legacy are both fantastic games, and Kick & Fennick sounds super intriguing. Been wanting to try out Transistor as well. No idea what Apotheon is, though! Hope it’s good!

+ MarkakaJin on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Transistor is a great game and I can’t wait for Bastion to finally come to Playstation. What I don’t understand is why Thief is on PS3 but not on the PS4? Would have been great to have it on the PS4 as well…

+ PuMa on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Super excited to check out Transistor.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

You went from Infamous and The Swapper to this lineup? And still no Driveclub? This is pretty embarrassing. I recommended this service to several people based on the strength of the free games, and my friends are about to come break my legs now.

+ TwinDad on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Yakuza, Thief, and Rogue Legacy. I’m very , very very, excited to play them.

I have transistor from a sale, but I also look forward to playing that if it is anything like the alpha I played at PAX.

+ Aescarion on January 29th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Not too bad, though I think that the ps4 version of Thief should have been included with the ps3 one.

+ RoII_chan on January 29th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Niceeeeeeeeee! good line up =)

+ Andy10003 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

As a PS3/PS4 owner I feel a bit insulted being given the PS3 version of Thief instead of the PS4 version. I know it’s not cross-buy but couldn’t you have given us the PS4 version as well? You gave us the Vita/PS3 version of Dragons Crowns many moons ago even though that wasn’t cross-buy. Otherwise I think it’s a decent month even if I already own the two games I would have been most excited for (Transistor/Yakuza 4). Looking forward to Rouge Legacy I guess

+ RyuZX on January 29th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Works for me. Thanks, SCEA.

+ shuaDove on January 29th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Love this!!

Yakuza 4, Transistor and Thief. Two big thumbs up! The Vita line-up is good too with Rogue Legacy. Great game and I highly recommend it.

+ Xilzou on January 29th, 2015 at 8:38 am said:

Awesome line up this month, sweet.

+ Whrathgar on January 29th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

I’m actually really excited about this lineup. I’ve been interested in playing Transistor for a while and now I will. I already bought Rogue Legacy; but for those who haven’t played it this is worth your month’s sub all by itself.

+ TeamGreen615 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

Thief and Rogue Legacy make February a pretty good month for me.

+ FlashDrivePrime on January 29th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

Disappointed you would give out a game as bad as Thief, but other than that it’s a solid list.

+ megachadizard on January 29th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

Been meaning to pick up Yakuza 4 so I’m looking forward to that.

Are any of these games cross-buy?

+ BurntGoliath on January 29th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

Apotheon? Free?

Wow. That is…

Awesome!!!

I’ve been waiting for that game to come out and it’s free at release? So much for the February Blues!!!

+ Solid_Duff on January 29th, 2015 at 8:41 am said:

Transistor and Rogue Legacy, YEEESSSS!!! Thank you very much.

+ JAMccaughran on January 29th, 2015 at 8:41 am said:

Great line up, but I really wish Thief was the PS4 version.

+ LukeinDeidre on January 29th, 2015 at 8:41 am said:

Transistor is SO GREAT that I don’t even mind that I paid full price for it a week ago.

+ StingrayX on January 29th, 2015 at 8:41 am said:

Awesome! Been wanting to play Transistor and Rogue Legacy.

+ HOTxxFUZZ on January 29th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

Is Thief cross buy?

+ radioavon on January 29th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

Knew I should have waited instead of buying Transistor…. Great game, but man I am really not getting my money out of Plus at this rate.

+ fadingshadow on January 29th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

What an amazing month February is gonna be! Holy cow and I’ll be getting a PS4 next month, too?! Awesome! ^,..,^

+ Jack-son__02 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

You should put up terraria and some good games

+ soundandvision77 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:42 am said:

Any chance Thief will be cross-buy with PS4? I checked out the demo awhile back and figured the game seemed decent, but likely to come to PS Plus eventually. But to get it on PS3 is disappointing. I have too many better PS3 games in my backlog that I’d prefer to play, so Thief will likely end of near the bottom of the list.

I’m very happy to get Transistor for PS4 though – that’s another one I was sitting on the fence about. It will be interesting to check it out.

+ Rezznak on January 29th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

ugh, would’ve really rather BOUGHT Apotheon so when plus runs out I CAN STILL PLAY IT. Fanfreakingtastic…..

+ saab01 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

Glad I didn’t buy transistor when it came out it would of been a waste of my money. Also yakuza and thief look like fun. I might also try apetheon.Nice lineup this month

+ M3_RedLionAle on January 29th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

Bummer that Thief isn’t the PS4 version. Well, I already have Rogue Legacy and Transistor, so I guess I’ll wait to see what March brings. Enjoy the games, everyone.

+ FerReyess on January 29th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

Why… why you’re gonna turn off YouTube on Vita?, isn’t bad enough that you bring awful games (and not only on PS+) to this console? Please don’t let Vita alone!

+ Jimmy_Frizzle069 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

Are we ever gonna get the free trial of Final Fantasy 14: ARR? EU got it in December I think. I WANT TO TRY FF14ARR B4 I BUY IT!!!!!!

+ dimitry202 on January 29th, 2015 at 8:44 am said:

Excellent month! Two of the games were on my buying list and the others look interesting.

PAGE 1 2 3 12