Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Feb 05

theshow

MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition Revealed

Chris Cutliff's Avatar Posted by on Feb 05, 2015 // Director of Production, MLB The Show

The MLB development team at San Diego Studio has been making great baseball games for more than a decade. MLB 15 The Show will mark the 10th edition of The Show on PlayStation platforms, and it’s quite an accomplishment for us. To celebrate the anniversary, we wanted to share our excitement with you and offer something a little special for this year’s game.

MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition

To commemorate MLB 15 The Show and 10 years on PlayStation platforms for the franchise, our team at San Diego Studio created a limited 10th Anniversary Edition for the biggest MLB The Show fans out there. The Anniversary edition is $69.99 and for the extra $10 dollars in price you receive $130 in added bonus content.

MLB 15 The Show

• Exclusive MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Wood Grain SteelBook and Exclusive Cover
  • 12k in Stubs ($9.99 value)
  • 15 Bonus Item packs ($15.00 value)
  • All 30 MLB Team Dynamic Themes ($ 3.49 each retail)
  • Official MLB 15 Dynamic Theme ($3.49 retail)

The physical 10th Anniversary Edition will be available to pre-order today at your preferred US retailer (not available in-store in Canada), including BestBuy, GameStop, Target, Walmart, and Amazon. We’re also excited to announce that on 2/10, a digital version (all the same digital goodies) will be available to pre-order on PlayStation Store. Don’t forget that pre-ordering on PS Store means you’ll be able to pre-load the game onto your PS4 system two days before it launches so you’re ready to play just after midnight.

Pre-Order Skinit

By pre-ordering MLB 15 The Show digitally on PlayStation Store or at various retailers, you will receive a free voucher for a DualShock 4 Skin for the MLB team of your choice from Skinit. Additionally, if you pre-order at GameStop — or EB Games/Amazon, for those of you in Canada — you will receive the Skinit skin and six additional Bonus Item Packs for use in game.

MLB 15 The Show

Canada Cover

For our friends to the North, we’re happy to announce that Canada has an exclusive version of MLB The Show with Russell Martin of the Toronto Blue Jays on the cover.

Worldwide Gameplay Reveal on Twitch

And don’t forget to check out the worldwide gameplay reveal of MLB 15 The Show TODAY at 2:00 PM Pacific! Tune in to the San Diego Studio Twitch channel this afternoon for a tour of some of the new features we’re proud to introduce to the franchise this year.

PAGE 1 2

+ cool_trainer on February 5th, 2015 at 8:04 am said:

Go Padres.

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 9:58 am said:

Yes indeed

+ Seeby4 on February 5th, 2015 at 8:04 am said:

This looks awesome! A must have for me.
And I’m really excited that my progress is now transferrable. No more having to start back from the beginning
Can’t wait until March 31st.

+ buffpotato on February 5th, 2015 at 8:10 am said:

I feel like the Canadian cover is the first time I’ve ever seen a catcher as the cover athlete of baseball game. Neat! Question: Does the Vita version support PSTV?

+ SasquatchSandman on February 5th, 2015 at 8:12 am said:

I know you can transfer Road to the Show data from PS3 to PS4, but can you transfer from MLB 13 on PS3 to MLB 15 on PS4? I never got around to buying MLB 14.

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 10:00 am said:

No you can not, the foundation for year-to-year saves was created in MLB 14 The Show.

+ Mcmax3000 on February 5th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

Any chance there will be pre-loading on the digital Vita version?

Going to be flying home from vacation on release day, so it would be perfect if I could play on the plane.

+ oGFeRNie on February 5th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

Is the game fixed Online or is it still going to be a complete mess?

+ Winscar_Shinobi on February 5th, 2015 at 8:17 am said:

Welllllllll i know what im getting.

Go phillies!

+ ESPANOL416 on February 5th, 2015 at 8:18 am said:

Can I get the special edition with all those goodies mentioned above in Canada??? I don’t do digital I like the physical copies better .

+ Slackr on February 5th, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Ummmm, why couldn’t you release the physical edition for Canada? That’s really sucks….. Do we at least get the digital rewards for preordering the ‘special’ (not really) Canadian cover physical edition.

+ billgoodyear on February 5th, 2015 at 8:20 am said:

NICE! I know what I’m gonna get!

+ Tidusfanboy on February 5th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Awesome! I’ll be getting this for sure.

+ undertaker9999 on February 5th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

Very disappointed that Canada is not receiving the Physical copy of the Anniversary Edition of the game. I don’t want to hog up my HDD space with a digital download from the PSN store.. I understand that baseball is Americas pastime but im a big fan of the series and would love the anniversary edition.. Once again Canada is left in the Dark Considering I got an email this week stating I can’t get the Premium Edition of the Order 1886 in Canada now from Amazon.ca ( Believe is not shipping to Canada from any retailer) very sad days from Sony towards Canadians :(

+ OnsideNick on February 5th, 2015 at 9:01 am said:

Awesome deal! Gonna pre order soon. One question: Are the themes for PS4 or PS3?

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 10:01 am said:

The themes are only for the PS4.

+ deividcl on February 5th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

Hi!!!, great!!!, any news if this one is realising in Mexico?, please bring this one to Mexico… and…Go Dodgers!!

+ wynams on February 5th, 2015 at 9:25 am said:

Just wanted to make certain since it was not stated implicitly … but this Anniversary Edition includes the game right?

(Some CE’s have not … Wolfenstein didnt)

+ DredPirateStorm on February 5th, 2015 at 9:30 am said:

Any chance of this coming to Amazon.com in the US?

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:32 pm said:

Yes the pre-order link for the Anniversary edition on Amazon should be up shortly.

+ epicbrutal on February 5th, 2015 at 9:37 am said:

LET’S GO RANGERS!!!

+ zulux21 on February 5th, 2015 at 9:49 am said:

please please please tell me that “All 30 MLB Team Dynamic Themes” is individual codes for each team and not just one global code. If it’s just one code it’s completely useless because getting a theme for my team is not worth putting a Yankees or Cubs theme on my download list :/

+ Bxbombers007 on February 5th, 2015 at 9:54 am said:

I am the God of the Show. Anyone who plays online has been warned, and those who refuse to surrender will suffer the wrath of Bxbombers007. There is none greater than I. You’ve been warned.

+ JOaRiDrAN- on February 5th, 2015 at 10:00 am said:

Awesome! Great value!!

+ poodude on February 5th, 2015 at 10:12 am said:

So if I understand this correctly:

– The 10th Anniversary Edition is not available in Canada
– The PS4 Standard Edition is available at Canadian retailers, and is a physical copy (game is on disc, not a download code like the Vita version).

Or does the Canadian Standard Edition only include a voucher code?

+ mike_ph on February 5th, 2015 at 10:43 am said:

So if we do digital preorder we get everything except the steelbook?

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:33 pm said:

Correct Sr.

+ mike_ph on February 5th, 2015 at 10:50 am said:

@Bxbombers007

Your bad record says otherwise.

+ Ty-Jo-Wo on February 5th, 2015 at 10:57 am said:

I just called up GameStop and told them to up my existing MLB 15 the show order that I placed 2 weeks ago to the 10th anniversary edition. I love this game and my fiancé actually enjoys watching me play this game because she says it looks so real. Great job SDS on what will without a doubt be another great installment of Americas old past time. One question if you are playing RTTS and you are still in last years season will that same season transfer and will you pick up where you left off or will it automatically move the data over to say July 7th in the 2015 season?

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:34 pm said:

If you use year-to-year saves you literally pick up where you last saved the game.

+ AMadMarksman on February 5th, 2015 at 11:00 am said:

Love the game guys. Keep up the good work. Although it’s fun playing single player, multiplayer is what keeps people playing for months. What are you guys planning on doing with multiplayer?

+ Rammel29 on February 5th, 2015 at 11:00 am said:

All of this for only extra $10. Thank you Ramone just pre-ordered off of Amazon, keep up the great work!

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:34 pm said:

That’s awesome and thank you.

+ windsmere on February 5th, 2015 at 11:39 am said:

Imagine how much cooler it would’ve been if they could have figured a way to make it a ‘wooden book’ instead of steel book. I’d have paid extra for that!

+ rbaker1979 on February 5th, 2015 at 11:41 am said:

Ramone, are you able to comment on what the bonus packs are? Thanks

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:35 pm said:

Packs have 8 total items, 6 MLB Player cards and 2 items that can be Equipment, Ritual Items, Franchise Sponsorships, or Stadiums.

+ JaY_Ci_415 on February 5th, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

Looks cool but honestly after last year’s let down of still not being able to get a decent online game with my buddies (Still too much lag) that I’m gonna skip out on this for the first time ever. I have bought ever single version of this game each year but the other thing that kills me is that my Giants have won 3 World Series in 5 years but yet you NEVER, EVER decided to put a Giants player on the cover even after their WS wins. Why that is the case is beyond be so I’m really curious. Why is that?

How can you have Puig of all bums who havent won anything and acts like a chmp yet no Buster Posey (Comeback player of the year in 2012, MVP, WS rin again and nada. No Bumgarner even after last year’s monster Post Season. I just dont get it honestly. call it sour grapes if you want but come on now. Seriously? Puig?

Of course I’m biased as I live in SF but really? Sorry but I will be passing on this one. Please fix the online and we’ll talk again maybe. ;-)

+ Lou-igi on February 5th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

So no chance the anniversary edition being available on Amazon? Costs an arm and a leg to get games on release date with these websites.

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:36 pm said:

You will be able to pre-order and buy the Anniversary edition on Amazon the link just isn’t up yet.

+ Lil_Bomber_713 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:09 pm said:

Please fix the schedule in the seasons. It’s programmed to play the same interleague teams over and over and the all-star ends up on a Friday. That’s not very realistic. I also wish the CPU wouldn’t bunt with two strikes so much, especially players like Pujols and Fielder.

+ Lil_Bomber_713 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

Why are players Pujols and Fielder even bunting? Please add the Astros orange socks.

+ so-knee on February 5th, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

Maybe this year the White Sox home alternate helmet will be match the Jersey instead of using the regular black one. 3 years with the same mistake is goofy

+ danmusic32 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:38 pm said:

Can I Play Season with Diamond Dynasty Yes or No?

+ FaLLCHiLD on February 5th, 2015 at 12:40 pm said:

Here is a question for the save transfer for your RTTS player. I am in the year 2016 and Derek Jeter is still playing. Now, he is retired, so when I do the save transfer is he going to be in the game still or no?

+ danmusic32 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:41 pm said:

Can I Chance to see The jersey Montreal expos with Washington Nationals?

+ NM2746 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

Wait is the can u preorder the 10th anni edition cuz I just looked on gamestop.com and i didnt see it there only the regular version

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

Yes you can pre-order the Anniversary edition at GameStop.

+ NM2746 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

sorry i met can u not is the can u

+ SmashGuy64 on February 5th, 2015 at 12:57 pm said:

I am a little confused as to why this is being called a “10 year anniversary” edition. 2006 to 2015 is 9 years!

Chris Cutliff's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 1:08 pm said:

2006 David Ortiz
    2007 David Wright
    2008 Ryan Howard
    2009 Dustin Pedroia
    2010 Joe Mauer
    2011 Joe Mauer
    2012 Adrian Gonzalez
    2013 Andrew McCutchen
    2014 Miguel Cabrera
    2015 Yasiel Puig

10 Years of the Show :-)

+ piratesbballgeek on February 5th, 2015 at 1:02 pm said:

Thanks you for providing a affordable yet high-in value collectors edition. Cant wait!!!

+ kenkraly2010 on February 5th, 2015 at 1:12 pm said:

Awesome already pre ordered my copy at Amazon can’t wait to get it on March 31st 2015!!!

+ ZoSam32 on February 5th, 2015 at 1:16 pm said:

Great stuff! What game modes/cross-save functionality will be available in the Vita version?

+ TigersFan9813 on February 5th, 2015 at 1:28 pm said:

Very Disappointed how they left Canada out maybe you could give us a reason why tonight ? But, fantastic game Russel.

+ artform-fazeone on February 5th, 2015 at 1:51 pm said:

a 11 out of 10.! THE FAZEONES LOUNGE.

+ Lil_Bomber_713 on February 5th, 2015 at 2:32 pm said:

REAL PRACTICE MODE: The situational hitting and fielding drills are helpful, but I would also like to just set it to specific pitch type(s), field grounders, shag fly balls and practice that until I feel I’m ready to play a game. I think practice should be practice, not a mini-game. Orange socks for the Astros.

+ SmashGuy64 on February 5th, 2015 at 2:44 pm said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to get this, but my point still stands. This is not a “ten year anniversary” it is a celebration of the 10th game in the series.

+ SmashGuy64 on February 5th, 2015 at 2:49 pm said:

If you got married on 3/31/06 would you celebrate the 10 year anniversary of your marriage on 3/31/15 or 3/31/16? Seems like common sense, but I digress. I hope the game is great like the entire series has been!

+ dotemdot on February 5th, 2015 at 2:56 pm said:

Any change of Move Support for the PS4 version?

+ zepified on February 5th, 2015 at 3:04 pm said:

@12… You do realize that whether you buy the game on PSN or a physical copy that it all takes up the same amount of space on your HDD? The physical copy of all PS4 games are completely loaded onto your system, the only difference being you have to have your disk to begin the game if you bought a physical copy. Granted I too would rather opt for a physical copy every time as I just like having the actual product. It’s also obviously far faster to load a game onto your system when you have a physical copy vs downloading from the PSN… but still, both versions of any PS4 game (physical or digital) will take up space on your HDD. Have you not ever checked to see how much room you have left on your PS4?

Regarding this game… all I’m going to say is this is THE REASON why I buy Sony systems!! I simply cannot wait to play this game!!

+ Emanouel on February 5th, 2015 at 3:06 pm said:

Ramone Russell can you PLEASE bring the Physical version of the MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition to Canada !!!!!

I don’t care if only amazon.ca will sell it, i really really want this version. please make it happen as I’m not alone in wanting this for CANADA !!!

PAGE 1 2