Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Feb 09

Resident Evil

PlayStation Store: January’s Top Sellers

Resident Evil

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Feb 09, 2015 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

So then, let’s take a look at the first Top Sellers chart of 2015, shall we?

Capcom’s newest remaster of the iconic survival horror masterpiece Resident Evil won the day, securing the top slot on both the PS4 and PS3 charts, but Techland’s parkour zombie bashing sim Dying Light wasn’t far behind on PS4.

Read on for the full list, and head to the comments to let us know what you think February’s charts will look like.

PS4 Games
7 Bully
8 Legend of Mana
10 Grand Theft Auto 3

+ iREVOLTER on February 9th, 2015 at 7:02 am said:

Long live the King!

+ Mega-Sackman on February 9th, 2015 at 7:05 am said:

Not taking into account pre-orders right? I bought The Order 1886 and I’m expecting it to have plenty of sales already.

+ MassaBR on February 9th, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Are cross buy games like Grim Fandango counted equally on PS4 and Vita, or is it taking into account which version of the game people purchased?

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 9th, 2015 at 7:14 am said:

Resident Evil Remake was such a pleasure to have on the newer systems. I actually got the platinum for it. (thanks to the new very easy mode). Here’s to hoping Resident Evil 0 does indeed come as well.

+ KANE-FIRE on February 9th, 2015 at 7:16 am said:

Nice to see Resident Evil HD as the top seller of January. I platinum the game.

+ SeanStrange on February 9th, 2015 at 7:16 am said:

Nice to see Resident Evil and Dying Light topping the charts. Two very solid games.

+ rana4u4eva on February 9th, 2015 at 8:09 am said:

Dear Sony what are the numbers?

Good to see resident evil on Top i hope now Capcom will understand that the people still like survival horror more then the
converted action only format.

+ saab01 on February 9th, 2015 at 8:17 am said:

Advanced warfare is the worst call of duty I have ever played. Can’t believe it keeps making the list.

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 9th, 2015 at 8:25 am said:

Wow, I’m surprised (but glad) to see Dying Light take the #2 spot on PS4. Also nice to see Danganronpa make the vita list.

+ erikgodinez on February 9th, 2015 at 9:21 am said:

Capcom need to realize that people are still interested in the old Resident Evil, they need to release Reseident Evil Zero, hands down it would be another top seller.

+ MrPonuraski on February 9th, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

The top 3 spots are directly connected to the recent Square Enix sale.

+ MrPonuraski on February 9th, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

(For PS1 Classics, of course.)

+ KidGreengene on February 9th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

I love how you can see how the PS Store sales effect the chart. A good couple of those were on their recent sales. Seems like PS doing things right :)

+ subsamuel01 on February 9th, 2015 at 10:32 am said:

The fact that RE:1 sold so well just shows how much people want a classic survival horror game, and not what we got from 5 and 6. Hopefully Revelations 2 turns out well.

+ Mando44646 on February 9th, 2015 at 10:33 am said:

look at those Vita games Sony, LOOK AT THEM. Every month, there are twice as many non-Indies as Indies on the list. Which means that YOU SHOULD GIVE US MORE THAN FREAKIN INDIES ON VITA

+ erikgodinez on February 9th, 2015 at 11:04 am said:

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster for PS3 and PS4 please!! next Capcom top seller!

+ davidxraw on February 9th, 2015 at 11:20 am said:

How come there was no 15 for 15? Please keep the 99 cent indie flash sales coming. Journey, Flower, Cubixx HD are just some of the games I would like to get for the PlayStation 3.

+ yentair on February 9th, 2015 at 11:58 am said:

Wow, not a single game on that PS4 list that I care to play or can’t already play on my PC with better graphics. Sigh.
I’m still waiting for some real system-selling games. I’d love to get a PS4 before the end of this year, but I need reasons!
Come on, Sony! I believe in you!

+ plaztiksyke on February 9th, 2015 at 12:26 pm said:

@yentair wow, you have Unfinished Swan and Resogun running on your PC with “better” graphics? Did you fork qemu and make a PS3/4 emulator or something?

+ MakaiOokami on February 9th, 2015 at 1:05 pm said:

Dark Souls II will basically be the definitive edition
The Order 1866
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 4
Jump Allstars
Persona 5
Disgaea 5
Metal Gear Solid 5
Final Fantasy X5
If you’re not tired of it by now The Handsome Jack Collection

2015 is the year of 5.

Even more than that though, PS4 just plays games like Sports Friends, Jackbox Party, Towerfall, and other party games.

The PS4 experience is so much better than the PS3 experience. You’ll just end up buying all your games for the PS4 IMO once you get one. PS3 is still fun, has tons of great games you can’t get on the PS4, but that’s gonna change. So many games are coming out for the PS4, and because of the 18 million they’ve sold in the first year before most of the anticipated titles have come out, the PS3’s games will drop off a cliff.

The first year of PS4 has been leaps and bounds better than the first 2-3 years of the PS3.

+ DLR320 on February 9th, 2015 at 2:08 pm said:

I had a conversation over the weekend with two other people about the lack of compelling new non-indie options for Vita. The only difference between us and you is that we have all thrown in the towel. I traded in my Vita when I bought my PS4. Sure, Remote Play would have been nice on occasion but I bought the Vita because of the promise of near-console-quality experiences on a handheld. With a few exceptions (I did like me some Killzone Mercenary), I don’t feel like Sony delivered on that promise.

+ Remmy8199 on February 9th, 2015 at 3:08 pm said:

Sony really needs to start making new games. All we have now is cross-gen, remakes/remasters, and indies. Where’s the turn-based rpg’s? (Besides Persona 5)

+ Tinye310 on February 9th, 2015 at 4:21 pm said:

@22 It’s definitely not Sony who makes the Turn based RPG’s. Those will becoming from Japan and they are just getting started with PS4 over there, still finishing up the PS3 RPG’s. Can’t wait for a New Atelier Series on ps4 next year! :D

+ OppositeSunday on February 9th, 2015 at 5:54 pm said:

Where Can I Download Free PS4 Games?

+ sleeKSP3 on February 9th, 2015 at 7:23 pm said:

Capcom, old school Resident Evil fans are supporting you! Now give us what we want; Resident Evil 0 HD remastered and remake of 2 and 3!!

+ sleeKSP3 on February 9th, 2015 at 7:29 pm said:

@20 I agree 110%!!

+ StealthBlade98 on February 9th, 2015 at 8:08 pm said:

Yes a HD remake of RE0, 2 and 3 have to happen. I would much rather see those than a resident evil 7. I think it’s important for them to do those 3 then decide the direction the series should go, seeing how this HD REmaster would be the deciding factor on the future of RE it seems everyone says go back.

+ yentair on February 10th, 2015 at 7:58 am said:

@19 – I beat Unfinished Swan on my PS3 a couple years ago. It’s just another old remake, but still a fantastic game. And Resogun is out for Vita now, and it’s the perfect game for my Vita on the go.

@20 – that is a good list of games. I’ll probably get a PS4 for The Order, Uncharted 4, and Final Fantasy 15. The rest don’t interest me that much. I’m still happy with my PS3 and Vita backlog for now. I just can’t get excited about all the “remastered” and re-released versions of old games.
Prettier graphics are nice, but I’ve been gaming since the Atari and NES days, so unique game play and strong stories are far more compelling than smoother textures and high polygon counts.
I’m hoping for some better holiday bundles this year. Last year was pretty weak.

@21 – was the Vita your primary gaming system at the time? If so, I can understand the disappointment of running out of good games. For me, it’s just a fun distraction and handy to take on the go. With that mindset, I’ve always enjoyed playing games in short bite-sized lengths to pass the time. The Vita is perfect if you’re not logging more than 10 or 15 hours of gaming a week. All the same reasons why I loved the PSP for years.