Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Feb 10

sharefactory

SHAREfactory Gets New Update Today; More Themes Added

Stuart Platt's Avatar Posted by on Feb 10, 2015 // Sr. Producer, SCEA

Hey PlayStation Nation! Since the launch of SHAREfactory, we’ve enjoyed watching many of the unique video projects produced by creative fans like you. We’ve also been listening to some of the great feedback we’ve been getting from you, and today, we’re excited to release our latest update for SHAREfactory, which will add more themes and tools you’ve requested that will enable you take your creativity to the next level.

First, let’s talk themes. With this latest update, you’ll now be able to purchase and download SHAREfactory themes directly from PlayStation Store. And to kick things off, we’re adding new themes to PS Store today.

SHAREfactory

Below are the themes you can download for free:

• Destiny
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • LittleBigPlanet3
  • SHAREfactory

SHAREfactorySHAREfactory

You can also purchase a SHAREfactory 80’s Theme for $1.99. We’re just getting started, so be sure to keep checking PS Store for the latest SHAREfactory themes.

This update also adds a new gallery feature that makes sharing even easier. My Gallery is a new section within SHAREfactory that allows you to easily view and share your completed projects. Just press the SHARE button from this screen and quickly upload videos to YouTube and Facebook without leaving the SHAREfactory app.

You can also add an extra level of personalization on all of your SHAREfactory projects. Based on user feedback, the new update also allows your profile picture and avatars to be added as stickers for your projects.

We are continuing to work hard on adding new enhancements for SHAREfactory, and we’re always listening to your feature requests and suggestions. Please keep them coming, and stay tuned for future updates. Enjoy!

+ jengo-bengo on February 10th, 2015 at 1:14 am said:

Pro Evo theme is much appreciated. Goal replay montage ahoy!

+ allangba707 on February 10th, 2015 at 1:26 am said:

I wouldn’t mind a firmware update too.

+ RealShow on February 10th, 2015 at 1:37 am said:

I’m starting to use share factory a lot now. Only have madden videos up but I will be doing more.

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:16 am said:

Great to hear! Thanks for the ongoing support,.

+ Husteen on February 10th, 2015 at 2:47 am said:

very exciting news. i just finished another video the other day, and i was thinking about how sharefactory hasn’t gotten any themes or updates in a long time. can’t wait to try these out tomorrow!

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:17 am said:

Hope you like them! Thanks for the kind words.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 10th, 2015 at 4:30 am said:

We need more custom intro’s so we can create our own custom logo’s.

Also there needs to be more custom ending’s like you would see at the end of a movie like created, edited, filmed by, etc.

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:07 am said:

You can change your PSN avatar to your own logo using the PlayStation Mobile App and import that as a sticker in SHAREfactory..

+ SaberX85 on February 10th, 2015 at 5:05 am said:

No love for vita theme? Bring all that japanese vita theme here please

+ Blazergamer007 on February 10th, 2015 at 5:19 am said:

Will there soon be themes for games like Madden and NBA 2k15 ?

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:09 am said:

If you want to see a certain SHAREfactory theme please let your favorite game developers and publishers know. We’d love to see themes for these games.

+ airJordan_Xx on February 10th, 2015 at 5:26 am said:

Can you plz fix the audio bug.you make the video add commentary to it it sounds fine but after you upload it to youtube it has a really loud static noise in the background of the video very anoyinng

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:10 am said:

We are currently investigating this. Thanks for the feedback and support.

+ ESIASON7 on February 10th, 2015 at 5:39 am said:

A batman Arkham Knight theme and Some sort of Final Fantasy theme would be great to launch along side those games. Just a heads up ;)

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

I agree :) Please let your favorite game developers and publishers know that you wish to see SHAREfactory themes.

+ megatron1984 on February 10th, 2015 at 5:46 am said:

How about updating the mics so they stop cutting out.

+ marc1874 on February 10th, 2015 at 6:19 am said:

I went to use ShareFactory and failed as it has a limit of 15 minutes. The video I wanted to make was just over 16 minutes. Are there plans to increase this limitation?

I understand why you have this limitation but would it hurt to increase it to say 30 minutes?

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:12 am said:

Currently there are no plans to extend it past 15 minutes but we are aware that some folks would like to make longer videos. Thanks for the feedback.

+ ZichiroARG on February 10th, 2015 at 6:27 am said:

Cool thanks!

+ yowzagabowza on February 10th, 2015 at 6:45 am said:

I woulda probably used the Share button if we could just use the psn, but since other accounts are necessary i just ignore it. It woulda been much better to just send a video to someone on my friend’s list via a message. Oh well.

+ Rawrwrwr on February 10th, 2015 at 6:48 am said:

freedom wars theme for the vita

+ Rockstarmd on February 10th, 2015 at 6:49 am said:

How come we can’t have the cool Jupiter Ascending Theme like the Europe store received. Why dont’ you guys negoitiate to be able to put them in both store instead of one region? Sad.

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

That is not a SHAREfactory theme but currently all of our launch themes for SHAREfactory are available globally.

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 10th, 2015 at 8:28 am said:

Keep the updates for SHAREFactory coming! My only suggestion right now is for the addition of multiple playback speeds. Thanks

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

Thanks so much! We are aware that a lot of people would like to see this feature.

+ saiyanknight87 on February 10th, 2015 at 9:47 am said:

Sony loves indies but we don’t have a transistor theme, or dust an Elysian tale theme? Heck at least show resogun some love. It’s so many things you all could do to support the PS exclusives and allow us to add videos to our projects me being a youtuber i’d love to be able to add my intro and outro to my vids so i could avoid using my laptop/desktop for those purposes.

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:18 am said:

We are hoping to continue to bring more themes to the PlayStation Store. If there is a theme you would really like to see, be sure to let your favorite game developers and publishers know. Thanks!

+ Slydevil13 on February 10th, 2015 at 9:48 am said:

I was seriously excited for this update but I see nothing regarding a “slow mo” or “speed up” tool to change the playback speed of individual clips. The app desperately needs this option.

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 10:15 am said:

This is a highly requested feature that we would like to see in the app one day. Thanks for the feedback and support.

+ zekececil14 on February 10th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

Why we need is a Gallery section on our PS4 profiles that we can Share content to.

Yeah, YouTube and stuff is cool…. but what If I just want to share cool things with my friends?

It could also pop the things I have Shared in the What’s New feed for people to watch.

You guys have so much potential with the PS4. Please use it.

+ ishJJx3 on February 10th, 2015 at 10:26 am said:

Great update! But I really hope we get an update for music editing. The current editor doesn’t allow you to change the volume of the music mid-track without splitting and adjusting sections individually. And when you split it, you can actually hear it break in the video! The music even goes off time by a quarter of a second. I’d like to play music in my video and lower its volume when there’s dialogue/commentary that needs to be heard. The current music editing system doesn’t make that easy. That’s my wish for the future, thanks for listening!

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 11:02 am said:

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate hearing from the players.

+ Goodacre0081 on February 10th, 2015 at 10:36 am said:

is it true that we will be getting a custom wallpaper option in a future update?

+ kingdomkiller3 on February 10th, 2015 at 10:42 am said:

I really need to try the SHAREfactory. and also where is the Final Fantasy XIV theme :'(

+ bajor27 on February 10th, 2015 at 10:53 am said:

Destiny theme! uh thank you!

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 6:28 pm said:

Glad you like it!

+ MrBeatdown on February 10th, 2015 at 10:58 am said:

I made my first video in ShareFactory a few days ago and am working on another now. It’s pretty cool, and was pretty easy, even for someone like me with no video editing experience.

A couple things…

– Needs more generic music options.

– I had it crash on me when adding new clips, at least four or five times in a few hours of use.

– I’ve been having this constant problem where the second clip (after a generic PS4 clip, so it just might be the first gameplay clip having issues) where I will adjust the length of the clip and time it with the music, but I’ll do something like add a clip at the end and for some reason, it will mess with the trimming on that second clip. So for example, I started my video in my GTA Online garage with a 20 second clip. I’ll trim it down to the latter 10 seconds, add another clip elsewhere in the video, and then my 10 second clip is back to 20 seconds. It’s very annoying.

+ MrBeatdown on February 10th, 2015 at 10:58 am said:

Also…

– When you include music clips that are longer than the total length of all clips, you can’t freely move the music. It will stick some generic image at the end as filler if you’re adding music, but if you’re moving it, you’re limited. Let’s say I want to move the start of my music to a point later in a video. I can’t if there isn’t enough footage. For example, if my video is 3:30 in length, and the music is 3:00, I can’t move that music start point beyond the 0:30 point without trimming the music. I would expect that I would be able to freely move the music, and the “filler” clip at the end would simply expand to accommodate that.

+ Revolver_Oshawot on February 10th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

Save clips to the cloud. Pull in from ShareFactory app. Edit on the go. Share to social/YouTube. IAP themes, stickers, effects. Win.

+ CHARLIE79 on February 10th, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

I hope finally brings more upgrade then downgrade of PS4 compare to PS3. SO stupid and IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND WHY on PS3 we could simply put any picture as a wallpaper for are personal theme and PS4 CANT DO THAT. And all YOUR CRAP PS3 THEMES then 90% or more of them are not even videogames themes, THATS INSANE!!!

I hope I understand this well to let us do are own themes. If not, I HOPE are hackers on the net will break PS4 to do PS4 themes like there are so many for free on the net and FORGET YOUR STUPID PSN 2.99$ & 3.99$ THEMES!!!

BRING BACK MOST OF WHAT PS3 COULD DO LIKE DOWNLOADING MY OWN PICTURES AND VIDEO ON PS4, ETC!!!

+ ColonelOCorn on February 10th, 2015 at 12:04 pm said:

First: ShareFactory is a really neat tool. I made a multi-minute video of a Destiny multiplayer session once that was really fun.

But then I tried to trim down a 2 minute video and add my commentary and everything went haywire. It was almost as though the system edited my original file and I couldn’t revert it to original for whatever reason.

My commentary was too loud. Then it was too soft. I couldn’t get it right no matter what I did.

Another video I uploaded having already gone through the mastering or whatever the process is in Sharefactory, upon uploading it to my video host (I use Wistia) the video crashed part of the way through playback.

I don’t know how to fix any of those, but how about:

Undo All and revert to original without affecting the raw file?
Output the raw file to let a video host “master/convert” it? (I have large flash drives)
Make a really nice Youtube or SF video showing how it all works? (the questions I had when making my above video took me all over the web looking for answers)
A contact email for people with questions maybe?

Thanks for a really neat free tool though. It is really fun and it is cool overlaying your commentary on to a gameplay video.

+ AmBiTi0uS9030 on February 10th, 2015 at 4:54 pm said:

Playstation should really make a Fifa 15 theme.

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 6:26 pm said:

Please feel free to let EA know you would like to see a Fifa theme.

+ CBusr on February 10th, 2015 at 5:09 pm said:

The SHAREfactory is amazing. I have already made like 30 videos and it’s so fun! I hope there will be a GTA V and FIFA 15 theme soon.

Only thing is that sometimes the app just stops and that’s so annoying.

Where can I leave suggestions for the SHAREfactory?

+ Stuart Platt on February 10th, 2015 at 6:25 pm said:

We monitor forums but you can also tweet them to @newbreedofnerd (me) and @sharefactoryPS4. Thanks for the kind words.

+ Fuhr31 on February 10th, 2015 at 6:42 pm said:

Why not just let us take a screen shot and use that as our “theme” ?
Or let us put our own pictures on our PS4 that we bought and paid for?

Why not give people what they want and let them do what they want with their own system?
Why is Sony actively working against their own fans and customers?

+ wareagle247 on February 11th, 2015 at 4:53 am said:

After wearing out The Last of Us theme highlighting MP matches it’s great to see a Destiny theme for me to start working on.
Thanks!!

+ MonsterMan2734 on February 11th, 2015 at 4:57 am said:

I will always support PlayStation and Sony, You guys are the best! I use Share factory quite a bit. But can you guys add a new feature to create our own unique themes for intros and outros for free. Like the themes below but make it unique.

+ Clow00 on February 11th, 2015 at 5:52 am said:

awesome.

One thing i would like to is to get an update with the music feature. The limit of just 6 tracks is not good, specialy when i want to make a video with sound effects and not music tracks. And maybe to be able to put 2 tracks at the same time.

And maybe a pause option that gives time to add effects on a freeze frame.

+ CaptainPick1es0 on February 11th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

Bloodborne themes please? Maybe a face plate too?’

+ Astroking112 on February 11th, 2015 at 3:42 pm said:

I was really wanting to use shareFACTORY, but when I tried it I found that I couldn’t upload anything with substantial content, as it was limited to 15 minutes. It should be 20 bare minimum (To let 15 minutes clips from the Share button be added with titles and new features), but it really needs to be 30, or, preferably, an hour.

Until that’s allowed, I’m afraid that it’s rather useless to me.

+ lmafo24 on February 12th, 2015 at 12:19 pm said:

Can you create your own themes?

+ Alphablade14 on February 12th, 2015 at 5:47 pm said:

i really appreciate the fact that you all are supporting us because it really puts us in the community and helps you also know what we enjoy as gamers.

+ Trickset_EpiC on February 16th, 2015 at 6:32 pm said:

Can we get some new transition features…. and 2k,gta,cod themes

+ Trickset_EpiC on February 16th, 2015 at 6:35 pm said:

Can we also have slow motion speed and screen shake motions

+ vantage2006 on February 17th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

Share factory is great, but I’ve had this problem for a while one of my current projects, when I try to edit it the whole app crashes I don’t know why if this is a bug please fox this quickly!

+ mr-x_25 on February 22nd, 2015 at 1:29 pm said:

Sharefactory is awesome. Wish u could directly upload vids to YouTube without having to upload them to capture gallery first, which takes up a bit of time. My.Gallery is ok, but that seems more for vids already edited, in that case, I’ve already uploaded to YouTube right. after I finish anyway.
Would be quicker to record the vid, edit it, upload it & then start the next one. Or at least allow u to work on another one while the previous vid is uploading to capture gallery