Street Fighter V

Love is in the Air: Watch the New Until Dawn Trailer

Pete Samuels's Avatar Posted by Pete Samuels on Feb 13, 2015 // Executive Producer, Supermassive Games

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, and maybe that means you’ll be off on a romantic break. You may want to curl up by a fire with friends or a loved one, but what if your trip turned into more than you bargained for?

As you may know by now, Until Dawn sees a group of eight friends on their annual mountain getaway, which turns into a night of sheer terror. However, before things go awry you’ll get to know the characters and understand the complex relationships in their social circle.

When you start the game you will meet the characters as they couple off around the house (by choice or circumstance) before their holiday turns into an all-out fight for survival. If you’ve watched previous trailers and demos you’re already familiar with Ashley and Chris and their ‘will-they won’t-they’ friendship. One of our favorite things about this dynamic is that their relationship is not pre-defined at the beginning of the game; your choices will decide if the relationship either blossoms or wilts before the night is out. That is, if they survive.

Choice is a central tenet of Until Dawn. Your actions not only determine who lives or dies, but will also directly influence the relationships between the characters (romantic or otherwise). You will even influence how characters react to each other. If you are mean to a friend, they may or may not choose to save you later in the game. The narrative will always continue forward, adapting to your decisions throughout the game – meaning that your game will be noticeably different from anyone else’s.

As with everything in Until Dawn, whether you choose to play cupid or become a heartbreaker is up to you. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy our special Valentine’s themed trailer!

15 Comments

+ BrianMcGuinness on February 13th, 2015 at 6:13 am said:

Ha. Awesome.

+ saab01 on February 13th, 2015 at 6:16 am said:

The game looks great can’t wait to play upon its release.

+ yoshdawg on February 13th, 2015 at 6:26 am said:

Can’t wait for this!

+ Dmaki650 on February 13th, 2015 at 6:31 am said:

The only thing irritating about the trailers for the amazing game is NO RELEASE DATE! LOL

+ yowzagabowza on February 13th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

Can we have an idea of release date?is it before September?

+ CrusaderForever on February 13th, 2015 at 7:52 am said:

Truly amazing!! Really looking forward to this one. Really need a release date.

+ Bellalara on February 13th, 2015 at 7:55 am said:

Can’t wait for this greatness! I’m usually scared of any type of horror but I’ll play this for sure :)

+ yentair on February 13th, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

Welp, I don’t know about you, but I’m in the mood for love now.

+ Dionysus-Jones on February 13th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

I think it’s pretty clear that this game will be aiming for an October 2015 release.

It doesn’t take a rocket-surgeon to figure that out.

+ SeanStrange on February 13th, 2015 at 8:45 am said:

Love games that are similar to Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Walking Dead, etc. Until Dawn is going to be yet another amazing story driven game and I’m pretty hyped about it!

+ Rawrwrwr on February 13th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

oh wow

+ Hayades on February 13th, 2015 at 9:47 am said:

@Pete Samuels. This is the third time I ask but hopefully I get an answer this time. How long will the campaign be for this game? I know that time varies depending on skill or who lives or dies but I’d like an average estimate. If you can’t reveal it then tell me that. I just want some type of answer

+ oo7PorscheMGS on February 13th, 2015 at 10:02 am said:

Even though the trailer is only a minute, I still skipped through it, lol, because I don’t want to ruin the game for myself! Too many trailers take away from a game / show too many of the scenes, I would rather go in and be surprised…especially for a game that is all about atmosphere / horror. Looks good though, hope it’s out around summertime!

+ D-Squad3 on February 13th, 2015 at 10:38 am said:

Release date please

+ LumiaGamer on February 14th, 2015 at 4:29 pm said:

i’ll be getting this for sure, looks too good to pass ^^