PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Feb 13

helldivers

Prepare for War: Helldivers Launches March 3rd

Malin Hedström's Avatar Posted by on Feb 13, 2015 // Co-Founder, Arrowhead Game Studios

Arrowhead Game Studios, in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), today signed the Declaration of War between Super Earth and the intergalactic alien threat.

WE ARE NOW PREPARING FOR WAR.

With immediate effect from March 3rd, 2015, Helldivers are to be dispatched to the front lines of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems.

The Federation has decided that the bug threat is becoming too great. Senator John W. Killjoy declared that “The bugs have been a plague in this galaxy for far too long, they must now be eradicated before they spread to other worlds.”

With the Helldiver troops spearheading the assault we are confident of success.

SUPER EARTH NOW CALLS FOR THE IMMEDIATE RECRUITMENT OF MORE HELLDIVERS.

Helldivers

All hope relies upon the success of the Helldivers: the only chance for the survival of Super Earth. Expect an action packed, cross-play, all out shooter.

As part of this elite unit, in the upcoming weeks we will provide further information about how YOU can prepare for this threat.

Helldivers

WE REMIND YOU — FREEDOM NEVER SLEEPS

Make sure you are prepared on March 3rd.

PAGE 1 2

+ Rammel29 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:02 am said:

Oh my gosh yessss I have been waiting for this since it was first shown! Thank you I am so excited for this!

+ xarienne on February 13th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

Best. Promo. Evah!

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Malin Hedström on February 15th, 2015 at 1:38 pm said:

Haha, thanks! :D

+ DiddyWaDiddy on February 13th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

Looks like a perfect candidate for one of March’s free Plus games.

+ Mercenary09 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:05 am said:

Yesss Finally! I’ve been getting annoyed at the lack of info on this game and when it was finally coming. Will it be one of the free Plus games for March? If not Price? Does it have a Platinum Trophy?

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Malin Hedström on February 15th, 2015 at 1:41 pm said:

Yes! Finally we know! We’re so exited to be releasing it soon and being able to talk more of the game :)
    There will be more price and sale info soon, but it does have a Platinum trophy!

Malin – Arrowhead

+ Qu3st39 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

HELL yes, been waiting for this since I first saw the developer video.

+ NeoVirtus on February 13th, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

I know it’s a pipe-dream but I would love to see this on PS+

+ Qu3st39 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:12 am said:

Question: I see you have VITA support, cross save support?

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Malin Hedström on February 15th, 2015 at 1:44 pm said:

Absolutely, cross save, cross play, cross chat :)

+ SaberX85 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

PS Plus title or not, i will buy this day one.

+ HuckQ on February 13th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

Quite the “Starship Troopers” vibe this trailer has, huh? ;)

+ pepelo13 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:19 am said:

I think it will be PS Plus :D (I sure hope so)

+ Ricen-Beans on February 13th, 2015 at 8:29 am said:

Finally!! Been waiting a loooong time for this.

Will there be a platinum trophy??

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Malin Hedström on February 20th, 2015 at 1:56 am said:

Yes, Helldivers had a Platinum trophy!

+ hoop-de-la-hoop on February 13th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Cross-buy?

+ Ashton85 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

YAY!!!!

+ G-Force08 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:34 am said:

Awesome. Does this still have 3-way cross-play? In other words, can a friend playing on a PS4, one on PS3, and one on Vita all play together? I remember that this was supposedly a feature when the game was originally announced.

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Patrik Lasota on February 15th, 2015 at 1:51 pm said:

It does indeed!

+ khermann4 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Hope we can play this offline

+ Vengeance1138 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

Wow, great Starship Troopers vibe! Can’t wait to play! Damn bugs, kill em all!

+ Bellalara on February 13th, 2015 at 8:45 am said:

Can’t wait to play this game!

+ DaMann22 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

Honestly DO NOT make this game a PS+ game for March (I know I will get hate for this). I want to give Arrowhead the full amount to purchase this game. I don’t care if it’s cross-buy or not as I will double dip for my PS4 and Vita either way.

I remember when Warrior’s Lair was cancelled and really struck a blow to my cross-playing interests. Thankfully this game is not going down the same path. Thank you and cannot wait to play this game!

Add me PSN people so we can defend Super Earth together!!!

+ DaddyPampers on February 13th, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

Finally!!! I wanted to play this game from the 1st time i saw the trailer and its supposed to be cross buy/cross play too….

+ sticks323 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:54 am said:

FINALLYYYYYYYY. I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time. Can’t wait to play it

+ BeNNyMaNN on February 13th, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time, but the friendly-fire has me a bit worried.

I can foresee a lot of problems trying to play this with randoms online. I can’t always put together a squad or raid group — I don’t have the time. Sometimes I just want to play a game. If this game matches me up with a bunch of people who just fire their weapons in every direction, potentially killing the team, it could really affect my ability to play one of my most anticipated games.

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Malin Hedström on February 20th, 2015 at 2:01 am said:

Great to hear, we’re so happy to finally release it!

There is a system in place to commend and report players for their effort, as well as reputation that we hope will work out great.
    Helldivers at heart is a cooperative game and we strongly encourage players to play together. There are several mechanics supporting cooperation, such as heavy weaponry assisted reload and multi-seat vehicles, and you can even request help using the Emergency Beacon Stratagem.

+ Ethereal on February 13th, 2015 at 8:56 am said:

Yes! I got to preview the game at PSX and it was great (and challenging). Looking forward to playing this!

+ Thiagots85 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:59 am said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

FINALLY…

I hope the game is done and has no need to be postponed

+ Rammel29 on February 13th, 2015 at 8:59 am said:

@ BennyMan Give me an add I usually play on weekends and random weeknights (EST) if I am not busy or too tired after work. This is one of my most anticipated games as well so I can understand your concern.

+ Rawrwrwr on February 13th, 2015 at 9:02 am said:

CANT WAIT!

+ cmdluke on February 13th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

March 3rd you say? Mayhaps this be one of March’s playstation plus games?

+ andremal on February 13th, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

Echo Finally but… March? Really? March is the new Fall apparently.. I just don’t have room for Helldivers, which I’ve been waiting for since pre-PS4 launch.. ugh.. Maybe this summer.

+ lehamsy3 on February 13th, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

Will it support cross-buy between PS4 and Vita???

+ Dragonchasers on February 13th, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

Hey you’re doing it wrong. Launch trailer that shows gameplay that looks really fun? Go back to PR school! You’re suppose to show us CGI cut-scenes that have almost nothing to do with the actual game.

(Yes that’s all sarcasm.)

OMG this looks like FUN. Day 1 purchase for me.

Malin Hedström's Avatar

+ Malin Hedström on February 20th, 2015 at 2:12 am said:

Somebody’s gotta try something different ;)

Thank you! I can assure you we’re having FUN playing!

+ Kaznasty- on February 13th, 2015 at 9:36 am said:

@3 YES!

Been reading/watching more on this game the last few days, glad to see a release date for it!

+ ossiecastro5 on February 13th, 2015 at 9:36 am said:

Since this is cross-play, I am very likely to get this. It looks fun!

+ TBShark on February 13th, 2015 at 9:39 am said:

I think the idea of Co-op + Starship Troopers feel + cross-platform between Vita and PS4….sounds like fun to me :)

+ Rezznak on February 13th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

FINALLY!! thank god. First Helldivers March 3rd then Hotline Miami 2 march 10th then Bloodborne later that month. Wow march is going to be good.

+ ERC1980 on February 13th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

price and platinum?

+ Brooklyn008 on February 13th, 2015 at 10:08 am said:

Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Didn’t expect the “announcement” of the release date, to actually be so close to the release date :) Sweet :)

+ Goodacre0081 on February 13th, 2015 at 10:30 am said:

@18

you don’t need to worry about giving developers money with free PS+ games because they’re still compensated for each copy downloaded. one might argue that PS+ games would bring in more cash than a simple release.

+ nenous on February 13th, 2015 at 10:38 am said:

Long over do, as fan of rts games such as Homeworld im a definitely getting this.
Thanks ARROWHEAD.

+ D-Squad3 on February 13th, 2015 at 10:47 am said:

@36 pretty sure they’re paid upfront but not paid after each copy downloaded. And I doubt it will be a PS+ game for March.

I’m liking the Starship Troopers feel!

+ iREVOLTER on February 13th, 2015 at 11:06 am said:

Cross-Play and Cross-Buy on march’s Plus LineUp? O_O Thx Sony.

+ KazeEternal on February 13th, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

So…. Cross-play with Vita, PS3, and PS4 users, Cross-Buy to have on all systems, and Cross-Save so your progress follows you every where?

Cross Excitement or Cross Let down?

+ DaMann22 on February 13th, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

@36&@38: One benefit I can see from this becoming a free PS+ game is a larger community having access to playing Helldivers. Still a triple-platform game going free would be a new precedence for PS+ as dual-platforms have occurred on occasion.

Also I’m siding on Arrowhead getting more money from purchases (and multiple purchases with cross-buy deals) than a one-time fee from SCEA.

Either way I am glad we are getting this sooner rather than later. Again anyone wanna squad up? Add me!

+ Mobius2525 on February 13th, 2015 at 11:37 am said:

The Only Good Bug Is A Dead Bug!!!

+ EndRant on February 13th, 2015 at 11:46 am said:

This is awesome, wasn’t expecting it this early.

+ sparklebot on February 13th, 2015 at 12:52 pm said:

I was really upset that this was delayed, was probably my most anticipated game of last year. I also gave up on Starbound ever coming.

+ bigdale488 on February 13th, 2015 at 12:53 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this game

+ Thrill_Kill on February 13th, 2015 at 1:02 pm said:

Make sure that the game has Stereoscopic 3D support and I will get it on day one, if not, I will be waiting for a price drop.

+ Windreaver on February 13th, 2015 at 1:25 pm said:

I think it would have been cooler to make a game based on GTA’s Republican Space Rangers, simply because this is so darn close to it!

+ Viewtiful_Gene on February 13th, 2015 at 1:38 pm said:

Looks fun as f***,
please tell me there will be a demo!

+ Naberios on February 13th, 2015 at 1:57 pm said:

Service guarantees citizenship.

+ spacemonkeyham on February 13th, 2015 at 2:39 pm said:

Oh man. Day one and you know it!

PAGE 1 2