Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Feb 24

capcom

Street Fighter V: Nash Returns, Online Beta Plans

Peter Rosas's Avatar Posted by on Feb 24, 2015 // Capcom, Associate Producer

Hey everyone! We are happy to announce two huge pieces of news for the upcoming Street Fighter V on PS4… the return of Nash, and the online beta program!

Charlie Nash has been a fan favorite character in the Street Fighter series for years and finally makes his comeback in Street Fighter V, although noticeably a little… different. For those who are unfamiliar with him, continue on for a quick history lesson.

First mentioned in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991) by Guile during his quest for revenge; Nash was a lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and one of Guile’s best friends. Although it was hinted that M.Bison was involved in Charlie’s disappearance in the past, it was never really fully explained…

Street Fighter VStreet Fighter V

…until the Street Fighter Alpha series, that is. In Street Fighter Alpha II (1996) we see firsthand that a helicopter controlled by M.Bison’s forces make quick work of Nash as M.Bison gets away. Initially presumed to be dead by both friends and foes alike, Nash’s return shows that his story is far from over.

While the mysteries surrounding his return will become clear later on, for now we’re pleased to announce that the originator of the Sonic Boom is back with quite a few new tricks.

Street Fighter V

The second piece of news is perhaps the most exciting of all. Also announced today, we will be performing the largest and most ambitious online beta program in franchise history with Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC! These tests will be essential to collect your feedback and to ensure that Street Fighter V is the best iteration yet. In North America, players who pre-order the game will automatically be enrolled into the beta program.

More details, including timing on the beta program will be revealed in the future so stay tuned for updates. Until then, SONIC BOOM!

48 Comments

+ Sub-Zero on February 24th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

Nice…beta. When is the USF4 release?

+ slambert215 on February 24th, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

Woah very exciting! Will definitely have to preorder soon

+ Britta7x5 on February 24th, 2015 at 10:08 am said:

This is getting exciting! I don’t preorder a lot but I will for this. Hopefully more news will come soon! :D

+ Georgio_Mos1 on February 24th, 2015 at 10:10 am said:

Heck Yeah! Great news, im definitely going ro preorder now just to try the beta. It’s definitely worth it. Please let us know when the beta releases. I hope everyone gets to try it

+ cool_trainer on February 24th, 2015 at 10:10 am said:

Nice.

+ OriginalHuman on February 24th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

N A S H C A P R E B O Y Z

+ Georgio_Mos1 on February 24th, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

Also looks like bison is returning too. I hope he & all the fighters play differently & have new moves for this game. Charlie looks killar!

+ HeavyD-Love on February 24th, 2015 at 10:21 am said:

This game really looks fantastic, cannot wait to pick it up. Would also be VERY interested to hear more about when USF4 is coming to PS4.

+ tusunami on February 24th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

So I take it this beta is to get feedback as usual & to see how things work with playing with people on pc. It’s not even a question if I’m signing up for the beta shoryuken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Junguler on February 24th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

how about on-disk dlc? are you happy to announce them aswell? i’m disgusted by the things you did how many years ago and i don’t really see myself trusting you every again, xbox players didn’t miss anything with not getting this game, just re-skins and dlc outfits.

+ Nikos on February 24th, 2015 at 10:27 am said:

Looks great. Glad to hear there will be a beat. Also, BISON!

+ XDragon on February 24th, 2015 at 10:29 am said:

Although It makes sense to see Bison because of Charlie/Nash, I was kinda hoping they would bridge the series and introduce Gill. Regardless still hyped for this game. I’ll definitely be playing this a lot. Great February news!!!

+ SilentNova on February 24th, 2015 at 10:32 am said:

Do you have to pre-order from a particular store?

+ TheTwelve on February 24th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

I’m going to really want to be involved with that Beta.

+ Macello on February 24th, 2015 at 10:42 am said:

Reveal as many characters as you like as long as you have Cammy in there!

+ Shadow_Enz on February 24th, 2015 at 10:47 am said:

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU CHARLIE?!

Haha I’m so excited to see him again :) it’s been way overdue. The last time we saw him was what… Marvel vs. Capcom (as Shadow)?

+ SilentNova on February 24th, 2015 at 10:51 am said:

Well this Charlie seems amazing. Those new moves and double Sonic Boom look insane. Not to mention the teleports. Since Alpha I have like Charlie more than Guile despite them playing almost identical, Charlie just had better moves with Alpha 2 and 3.

+ MrJoe77 on February 24th, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

M. Bison?!!!

+ SeanStrange on February 24th, 2015 at 10:58 am said:

SO MUCH HYPE! So happy for Nash to be back in the game after a long time. Also, that beta is going to be pretty sick. For sure pre-ordering SFV

+ plaztiksyke on February 24th, 2015 at 11:07 am said:

looks great! will there be any transgender characters like other classic fighting games have had?

+ Matrix_Lion on February 24th, 2015 at 11:08 am said:

+ Jae-Starks on February 24th, 2015 at 11:10 am said:

Yes, please. I need this is my life.

+ D-Squad3 on February 24th, 2015 at 11:15 am said:

Should we pre order now to get in the beta? What about a collector’s edition?

+ SilentNova on February 24th, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

Also curious about something since this blog was supposed to be posted by the Capcom community manager. Why does no one mention he was in Street Fighter Alpha III? Oddly I see so many articles that ignore that game saying Charlie last appeared in Alpha II.

+ SilentNova on February 24th, 2015 at 11:21 am said:

@D-Squad3 I preo-ordered from Amazon and will just switch it if a Collectors Edition is announced.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on February 24th, 2015 at 11:40 am said:

Oh boy! I wonder how many cut content and how many versions will this SF have!

Will you try to break the SCAMMING record, Crapcom? I’m sure you will!

+ GyroDriveSmasher on February 24th, 2015 at 11:47 am said:

I agree with #15. Also, through Karin up in there too.

+ capitolc on February 24th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

hey, I want my name floating in cyberspace in relations to beta testing SFV on the PS4 !!!!!

look at me, look at me !!!

my body is ready

+ davidxraw on February 24th, 2015 at 11:51 am said:

Suggestions I have for Capcom

1. Release some more remastered classics such as Darkwing Duck and DuckTales 2.
2. Release a HD collection of every Mega Man game for the PS3.
3. Okami HD, Resident Evil HD, and Resident Evil 4 HD for Playstation Plus in March.
4. Bring back PowerStone, Viewitful Joe and P.N. 03.
5. Release a HD version of Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
6. Can we get a demo for Resident Evil Revelations 2 on the PS3?

+ Souledge94 on February 24th, 2015 at 11:57 am said:

always liked nash more then guile. His stitched up look makes sense.

+ driftlogic on February 24th, 2015 at 12:00 pm said:

Hope I’m good for this beta…I pre-ordered this, like…a month ago lol…

+ Strangeheaven on February 24th, 2015 at 12:15 pm said:

I was not very happy when sony unveiled this secret exclusive title at playstation experience. I was hoping for Agent from Rockstar, not another streetfighter game.

+ Vaughn21 on February 24th, 2015 at 12:26 pm said:

Charlie… Yasss! Loved him in the Alpha and the VS series…

+ ric90 on February 24th, 2015 at 12:56 pm said:

Preorder , through the psn store , is that how u get beta access?

+ NightmareSquad on February 24th, 2015 at 1:33 pm said:

Karin is next right?

+ LightTriforce on February 24th, 2015 at 3:19 pm said:

@10 and 26

Self entitlement at it’s finest. Pathetic…

+ The_09_System on February 24th, 2015 at 3:46 pm said:

Already preordered it from Amazon two months ago, where’s my beta?
Oh, and Karin better be in this game dammit.

+ SilentNova on February 24th, 2015 at 4:19 pm said:

To the people that are asking for the beta, it is not out yet. When it comes out we will get it. Though I cannot wait.

+ thegodofgreen on February 24th, 2015 at 5:51 pm said:

fight money

+ Red-5x on February 24th, 2015 at 7:29 pm said:

Hi:
Wow, it really looks better than before. I hope you continue with the optimization and give us a proper tittle for the PlayStation 4. You need to fix the shadows, the lighting looks O.k., by now.

+ GENETICIDE on February 24th, 2015 at 8:23 pm said:

Could have done without the Weskerfication but damn, it’s good to see him back. “Too easy!”

+ Avalanche on February 24th, 2015 at 8:24 pm said:

No Adon I RIOT!!!!!

Would love to see Skullomania too

+ xAzuraithx on February 25th, 2015 at 5:57 am said:

Where do we preorder? does it have to be a specific retailer? does it need to be specifically the pc or ps4 version? thanks

+ silentuchiha on February 25th, 2015 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m so stoked i’ll be keeping a close eye on sf5 for that awesome online beta. SONIC BOOM all over you butt lol

+ Lord_ShadowRyu on February 25th, 2015 at 4:27 pm said:

Great news for Street fighter now we get to see how much we can really cheat at juggling specialy now that characters teleaport out moves be kinda tuff to counter as well. I guess lot ppl will just be buying for collectabilty. bring on the online juggle kings!!

+ videlsports on February 26th, 2015 at 7:55 pm said:

Cant wait to use Charlie That has been my Character scince Alpha, but he looks sinister now

+ ProvidenceSion on February 27th, 2015 at 11:19 am said:

Can we have a list of retailers that will provide beta codes?

+ Reasons2kill1 on March 1st, 2015 at 12:01 pm said:

It’s about time. Nash is my favorite SF Character. Kicked a lot of ass with him in the Alpha Games.