Spider-Man PS4

Mar 04

Mar 04

Before Wolfenstein: The New Order… there was The Old Blood!

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar Posted by Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

This morning we’re excited to announce what our friends and colleagues at MachineGames are up to: an all-new standalone prequel to everyone’s favorite Nazi-blasting first-person shooter of 2014, Wolfenstein: The New Order!

Arriving on PS4 digitally for $19.99 on May 5th, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood takes our hero BJ Blazkowicz back to the year 1946 in an adventure that spans eight chapters and two interconnected stories (released together) that will lead into the events you know and love from The New Order.

Part one of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood – Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves — pits BJ Blazkowicz against a maniacal prison warden as he breaks into Castle Wolfenstein in an attempt to steal the coordinates to General Deathshead’s compound. In part two – The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs – our hero’s search for the coordinates leads him to the city of Wulfburg where an obsessed Nazi archaeologist is exhuming mysterious artifacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Wolfenstein: The Old BloodWolfenstein: The Old Blood

For a first look, watch our announcement trailer in the embed above, and this weekend at PAX East, look for our two-part livestream as Pete Hines and I tackle the PS4 version of the game on Twitch.TV/Twitch at 10:30 am Eastern Time on both Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th.

Add Your Own

CoachOTSuns said:

March 4th, 7:05 am

Awesome! Day 1 purchase for me. Wolfenstein is a criminally underrated ps4 game and I can’t wait for the Prequel!

KidGreengene said:

March 4th, 7:08 am

This sounds awesome! I hate that it is PS4 only as I am just not a fan of buying up properties since only the companies win, but I do love that this great game is getting some love!

OnTheBus666 said:

March 4th, 7:16 am

Nice I can never have enough wolfenstein. I love the enemy design in these games. Nazis are legitimately evil so it’s super fun to shoot them

Bellalara said:

March 4th, 7:17 am

Sweet! I loved Wolfenstein and I can’t wait to play this now :D

OnTheBus666 said:

March 4th, 7:18 am

Please run a behind the scenes for your character design! I love the look of your games

KidGreengene said:

March 4th, 7:20 am

Nevermind.. I just checked and it is not a PS4 exclusive… you tricky b@st@rds!! ;) But I am now more apt to get it on PS4 knowing they didn’t buy it up. Just have to draw the line somewhere which is why I am not getting Rise of the Tomb Raider on XB1.

Djent_Maven said:

March 4th, 7:22 am

Day 1! Platinumed this game and cant wait for more.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

March 4th, 10:24 am

So you’re going Double Platinum?

Marky360 said:

March 4th, 7:26 am

@5
Speak for yourself I’m definitely getting Rise of the Tomb Raider day 1 on the XB1 who cares if it’s exclusive if you have both systems just buy it and enjoy.

Marky360 said:

March 4th, 7:33 am

I gotta say this looks great but I’m highly dissappointed that this is available for download only and would a appreciate it much more if it was a full retail release. Just can’t condone buying games digital it’s too much of a screw over. How about you make this game the PS4’s free PS+ game for May Sony you always do that those indies why not for a real game.

KidGreengene said:

March 4th, 7:38 am

@7: I hear you. I have both systems but I don’t want to support buying up properties like that. Just my thing and my “line in the sand” is all. I’ll still get it but not retail or digital for XB1. If it doesn’t come out on PS4, then I’ll just get it used.

KidGreengene said:

March 4th, 7:39 am

I wish I could edit. Sorry. Don’t care about buying properties, I meant making themed timed exclusives. I don’t care if they buy them outright but this times exclusive stuff is getting out of hand and gamers lose.

KillerBane91 said:

March 4th, 7:47 am

Can this game use vita’s remote play?

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

March 4th, 10:24 am

You should be able to play, but keep in mind that Wolfenstein runs at 60 FPS.

Anddo said:

March 4th, 8:05 am

@11- of course it can. why wouldn’t it.

Nice price point. I’m pretty sure I’ll get this day one.

I’m currently on my first playthrough of New Order. It’s definitely lived up to the hype.

Gamer_USA- said:

March 4th, 8:10 am

Wolfenstein : The new order is one of, if not the best, game available for the PS4. Please stick to the single player and fight the urge to squeeze in a unneeded multi-player.

I don’t say this often but…DAY ONE BUY! WOOT! YEAH! BABY! YIPEE!

Jambi33 said:

March 4th, 8:12 am

I need to finish my platinum trophy on Wolfenstein, the New Order

Bad_Brains said:

March 4th, 8:18 am

Looks great!
Little confused on the “two parts.” Are we paying $20 for both together? Or $20 for each part?

CarlosGalvani said:

March 4th, 8:24 am

This game will be in PS3 too?

Welmosca said:

March 4th, 8:30 am

Kinda disappointed,was expecting this to be a DLC…but its like a standalone DLC right?…shame.
Still need to buy The New Order but eventually I will buy The Old Blood too.
One of the reasons I support you Bethesda is because you guys are SP focused and that is rare nowadays so keep up the good work.

Eliehsyus_USA said:

March 4th, 8:34 am

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

This game was the best fps that I’ve played on PS4!!! Awesome!!!!!

Welmosca said:

March 4th, 8:50 am

@ 7 – Marky360 – Typical of your kind nah?…..real PS gamers are the ones who cares yeah those who’ve been betrayed by Square.
And how about staying quiet before spitting nonsense?….an indie game is as much of a real game as your beloved AAA games.

TANTAN92100 said:

March 4th, 9:21 am

Wahou this is si good ! But I hope The next wolfenstein will be after The new order ! 😃

Vextalon said:

March 4th, 9:29 am

This sounds like a interesting prequel. I never played Wolfenstein before but maybe I will after playing this game. Any chance that we can preorder the game soon on PSN? I would like a Wolfenstein dymanic theme too if that is in the works.

With all the exciting news and games that are coming out soon I might as a well start a list of whats coming and the release dates.

yowzagabowza said:

March 4th, 9:34 am

Make it a Plus game. Throw us a damn bone. Its sad that i am.askings for DLC as a plus game, but im just tired of indies every month.

SeanStrange said:

March 4th, 9:38 am

Loved The New Order on the PS4 so I think it’s safe to say I’m pretty hyped about this. And $20? You guys have a sale.

Vextalon said:

March 4th, 9:45 am

@22. I don’t think it needs to be a PLUS game but it definitely needs a PLUS discount of atleast 10 or 20% percent. I am getting tired of free indies when I rather own most of them but rather have a full release game instead. My account needs to recover gradually from the Spring Fever sales first.

boomstickbhg said:

March 4th, 9:48 am

May 5th eh? What a wonderful birthday present this game will be.

Love Wolfenstein, can’t wait to play this.

ElektroDragon said:

March 4th, 9:57 am

SOOOOOOOLD!

livingwithoutyou said:

March 4th, 12:40 pm

I absolutely LOVED Wolfenstein the new order but I hope this expansion adds an actually moon mission.

nparrish1 said:

March 4th, 12:58 pm

Okay…so what about the doom beta?

Android66 said:

March 4th, 2:46 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait! Wolfenstein was an unexpected pleasure and turned out to be one of my favorite games of 2014.

I wish more companies would do this! Year One: Release the game. Year Two: Whet our appetites for a sequel by releasing a significantly “meaty” standalone game in the same universe. Year Three: Release the next game, having had enough time to polish it. Repeat.

Instead, we get costume packs and multiplayer maps as DLC a month or two after the game releases and then nothing for the next 18 months. Or we get a rushed sequel a year later without much improvement to the original game.

billion_8 said:

March 4th, 3:10 pm

Haha..shocked nazi…can’t wait.

plaztiksyke said:

March 4th, 3:20 pm

any rendering improvements in this release versus the original?

GENETICIDE said:

March 4th, 4:01 pm

Digital only? Pass.

DelicaGunz said:

March 4th, 5:13 pm

Another Wolfenstein game to my collection. Hell Yes!!

hongthay said:

March 4th, 5:28 pm

Wolfenstein the New Order surprised me with how enjoyable it was, so I am definitely looking forward to this. I recommend Wolfenstein to every shooter fan I can get to listen.

JohnKarnes said:

March 4th, 8:59 pm

Thank You I well be looking for pre-orders! The new Order should have been game of the YEAR! The only game that blowed away my expectations.

Poopookakabumbum said:

March 5th, 6:44 am

Is this digital only or will it be packaged with Wolfenstein in a re-release down the line?

Anymorrow said:

March 5th, 11:27 am

a new wolfenstein so soon? THANK YOU :) thats like christmas to me ;) where is the option to preorder?

psfrits said:

March 6th, 3:48 am

I utterly enjoyed Wolfenstein New Order, especially the beautiful but grim environments, the insane enemies! I don’t understand the bad reviews. Will buy this day 1, no question. Thanks guys from machinegames, hope it is the same quality!

bedroompop said:

March 6th, 6:16 pm

L1/R1 for Aim/Shoot, pls! i can’t even play The New Order because of the controls .____.

Zackmuc said:

March 25th, 1:18 pm

I bought new order one week ago and entered the code for doom beta l.. also got an email that i bought it .. but where can i download it??

redchest said:

March 29th, 7:54 am

Do you have to own the new order to play this new content