Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Mar 05

Mar 05

Rock Band 4 Coming to PS4 This Year!

Eric Pope's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, Harmonix

Hey gang!

This is Eric Pope from Harmonix. All of us at the studio are beyond thrilled to announce today that Rock Band will make its triumphant return to living rooms this year with Rock Band 4 for PlayStation 4!

Rock Band 4

I’ve spent years as a community manager playing our various installments of Rock Band around the world with fans at every event you can imagine. I’m as excited as you are to have the next evolution of the franchise, Rock Band 4, on the current generation of console hardware.

Since we released Rock Band 3 in 2010, Harmonix has branched out, developing projects in a number of new areas including motion control, PC and even VR. With every new project, the studio has challenged the perception of what a “music game” can be, and learned a lot in the process. With those lessons under our belt, we felt like we were prepared to dive back into our beloved Rock Band series, and actually push the genre forward. We’ve landed on a design that doubles down on the core Rock Band experience fans love, while innovating on gameplay in some super exciting ways that we’ll have more to say about a little later this year.

Rock Band 4

I know what you’re wondering right about now:

“How about all those Rock Band DLC songs I bought on my PlayStation 3?”

That’s a fair question! We’ve always been committed to the idea that Rock Band is a platform, and as such Rock Band 4 will support all your previous DLC purchases at no additional cost! (Be sure to thank our friends at PlayStation, because we couldn’t pull this off without significant work from them!)

Meet the Team

The Rock Band 4 team is comprised of an immensely talented group of veteran game developers. I’m honored and humbled to work with these folks every day. This video piece will give you a chance to meet some of the passionate people behind the game and understand why we think the time is right for Rock Band’s return.

Make no mistake, Rock Band 4 isn’t a simple “next-gen remaster” of an existing game- it’s the next step forward for the series. I can’t wait to rock out with you later this year!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

BuBBeRX said:

March 5th, 5:39 am

How about support the PS3 instruments? And since we are on topic, how about support PS3 arcade sticks on PS4?

Eric Pope's Avatar

Eric Pope said:

March 5th, 9:52 am

We are currently working super hard with our hardware partner and co-publisher, Mad Catz, to make something happen in regards to legacy hardware compatibility. We’ll have more to say later in the year. Hardware compatibility is a really complicated thing, and there is a software component to it as well, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible!

TLDR: we’re working on it but don’t have anything to officially announce at this time. We know it’s very important to a lot of players.

RyuZX said:

March 5th, 5:42 am

It’s a shame all my Rock Band purchases were on the 360 (and even if this is coming to the XBONE I won’t be buying one of those any time soon) so, unless my 360 dlc will magically work on the PS4, you guys will just have to rock on without me.

JustenV said:

March 5th, 5:46 am

Agree RyuZX. I have 100+ songs on the 360 and came back to Playstation this gen. Unless I can get my songs transfered over to the PS4, I will just stick with Rock Band 3.

maxcoronel2014 said:

March 5th, 5:46 am

Please tell me that current peripheral are going to be compatible.Thats a defining factor for me and (I guess) many others to get the game or not.
Anyway, great news!

GxTBilly1 said:

March 5th, 5:47 am

Pretty sure they already said 360 dlc will only work with Xbox One and Ps3 with Ps4. That said I’m still getting it cause I didn’t have many songs in the first place, cause I’m a cheapo.

JustenV said:

March 5th, 5:51 am

If that is the case, I guess I will sadly have to pass. Not going to be rebuying songs again.

MisterAxle said:

March 5th, 5:52 am

Can I still use my existing instruments?
I didn’t keep this drum set and these Logitech guitars around for no reason… :v

GxTBilly1 said:

March 5th, 5:53 am

Ign article says they are working on it but seems to be quite a challenge.

gus_xl said:

March 5th, 5:59 am

@JustenV I think you have to read the rest of the article.

gus_xl said:

March 5th, 6:00 am

@JustenV Sorry, didn’t see you were a 360 guy.

Superline51 said:

March 5th, 6:02 am

That moment when all of the DLC you paid for is on Xbox 360 -_-
Would love to buy it for the PS4, but looks like this one is going to the Xbone.

saab01 said:

March 5th, 6:05 am

The real question is what about our instruments from the ps3?

I have the guitar,drums,keyboard will all these work somehow with the ps4? I’m not willing to buy new instruments to collect more space around the house. Nice to see all our previous songs will transfer but I hope without a fee associated with it.

supremestarhawk said:

March 5th, 6:07 am

Ha, I’m a 360 convert as well.

pitolyo said:

March 5th, 6:08 am

Same here! I bought a ton of songs on 360 but moved to PS3, so now I’m gonna miss out. :(

saab01 said:

March 5th, 6:14 am

I just read on in that the on disc songs will not transfer only dlc will that is disappointing news. Also I read that we will have to buy new adapters not that happy about that unless they are sold all together for under a couple bucks. And why no use of the keyboard on the ps4 game? Was it since the keyboard wasn’t that popular to begin with I know it wasn’t as fun or easy to play with the guitar or drums but it should be able to work somehow with rock band 4.

Eric Pope's Avatar

Eric Pope said:

March 5th, 9:59 am

Hi! I wanted to clarify a couple things here;

1) All your previously purchased DLC, as well as on-disc soundtracks that you’ve previously exported (i.e. RB1, RB2, Lego, Green Day) will be supported in Rock Band 4.
    2) I’m not sure where you read that new adapters (assuming you mean dongles) will be required for hardware compatibility. We haven’t yet settled on a specific solution that we’re ready to talk about in regards to legacy hardware support.
    3) We’re focusing on the core experience and roots of what Rock Band is, i.e. Guitar, Bass, Drums, and Vocals. Keyboards and Pro Guitar will not be supported at launch.

BrianMcGuinness said:

March 5th, 6:15 am

I think it’d be pretty sick if you could wear a VR Headset while playing so it feels like you’re on stage while rocking out in front of 30,000 people.

Vhalan53 said:

March 5th, 6:16 am

All of my DLC is on xbox 360 as well :/

Like4ONinjaz said:

March 5th, 6:16 am

This is amazing news but I also bought all my dlc on 360 and would need it to carry over to ps4 to pick this up.

nvfh33 said:

March 5th, 6:24 am

Yeah, what about the instruments? Wether or not those are compatible is information just as important as the DLC transferring. I know for me that is a very large deciding factor.

BREC-MEXICO said:

March 5th, 6:40 am

yesssssssss!!!!!!!!! i so happy !!!! , i still playing rock band 3 & 2 , now RB4 !!!!!! and all my DLC yessss !!!!!

NO_FEAR said:

March 5th, 6:53 am

@Harmonix @RockBand For those about to ROCK we salute you!

robakalunchbox said:

March 5th, 6:56 am

Will the previously released DLC be available for purchase within the rockband 4 store as well? Or will it just transfer over through our account in some way? Thanks for bringing back rock band I can’t wait to give you guys my money.

Eric Pope's Avatar

Eric Pope said:

March 5th, 10:02 am

Great question, yes, the full Rock Band Music Library will be available in Rock Band 4.

There is a potential we won’t have all of it available day one at launch, but that’s purely a production bandwidth issue because there are so many tracks (over 2,000!) to bring over to the new system! We’ll have more to say as we get closer to our launch date!

Astroking112 said:

March 5th, 6:56 am

I haven’t forgotten about the pile of forgotten instruments in my attic yet, sorry. If this’ll make them unforgotten, then I’d be interested.

I couldn’t care less about DLC songs (Probably because I never bought any).

Bellalara said:

March 5th, 7:05 am

YES!! Time to rock out!

AnoyoIkari said:

March 5th, 7:27 am

Yes!!!! I absolutely love the RB series. My only problem is this. Last generation I was a 360 fan, not till the BS Microsoft initially tried to pull with the Xbox One did I switch to the Playstation brand and PS4. So I am sad to Sy,I will have to purchase this one my Xbox One, and not my beloved PS4. However; very excited to get to rock out with my wife again with RB4.

AnoyoIkari said:

March 5th, 7:29 am

To clarify; my wife and I bought an abundance of Rockband DLC on 360. Thusly returning to that platform to play our DLC.

judasgoat said:

March 5th, 7:45 am

I would love to have access to all the tracks I bought on the 360, but it’s worth buying them again to not have to deal with Microsoft’s s#!& anymore.

CherylRose said:

March 5th, 7:53 am

I know the guitars and stuff will work, but what about my Pro Guitar and keyboard? Will I at least be able to use them for regular guitar mode?

nafscub said:

March 5th, 8:01 am

Thank you Harmonix and Playstation!!!!

ZombieSamura1 said:

March 5th, 8:04 am

didn’t this fad pass?

aEPSILON3R54 said:

March 5th, 8:06 am

I also moved form 360 to ps4are But the songs you purchased are deals you made with 360. What i want to know if i can at least buy RB 1,2,&3 and import them to ps4?
Also to everyone asking to use the instruments you already have, thats like asking can i use a ps3 controller on the ps4… dumb question. Im sure the new ones will have different functionality. MORE MUSE SONGS!!!

toology01 said:

March 5th, 8:12 am

Hmmm, what about an import feature from songs we have on disc? Some of the most favorite songs I have are my Beatles Rock Band songs. Would there be any way to get these?

plaztiksyke said:

March 5th, 8:13 am

I’m also curious about keyboard and Pro Guitar content. right now, I mostly use my Pro Guitar to play Rocksmith. I can understand if the toy guitars need new wireless/dongle hardware,or added features like multi-touch surfaces for slides and hammer-ons, but I really hope the Pro MIDI peripheral is forward-compatible.

while it’s fun to play Rock Band, the addition of it teaching music (drums in Beatles Rock Band and keyboards in Rock Band 3) is what made it a must-purchase for many parents. if Harmonix is giving up on that element, in the same way that Just Dance gave up on any sense of accuracy, then that is incredibly disappointing. I’d love to buy this for my nephews to complement their piano lessons — otherwise, I’ll just be waiting for Rocksmith to add keyboard support.

regardless, I’m interested to hear about the now-gen specific features like HDR audio, real-time vocal effects, 3DTV support, use of the DS4 speaker/light bar, and camera streaming.

Eric Pope's Avatar

Eric Pope said:

March 5th, 10:06 am

Thanks so much for the praise of our Pro Guitar feature in Rock Band 3. We remain really proud of it. But truth be told, we wanted to focus on the core gameplay fun and social/party vibe with Rock Band 4. Rocksmith is actually an amazing educational product if you want to play a real guitar. We love those guys, and what they’ve done with their game.

Bigsilvs said:

March 5th, 8:17 am

Now if only we can get Sony to add a search or filter option to our download list. Searching through 2000 items is going to suck bad. Btw, where is all the new PS+ money going? Obviously not to upgrading or adding features to the network…

Eric Pope's Avatar

Eric Pope said:

March 5th, 10:07 am

Our new in-game Music Store is going to be much improved over the previous version, so hopefully this will be a non-issue for you!

fadingshadow said:

March 5th, 8:24 am

YES! YES! YES! THIS IS AWESOME! Where do I pre-order? lol so glad this is coming to PS4. 🎤🎶🎵🎼🎸

YorlecmNwahs said:

March 5th, 8:29 am

Can it be played using only the DualShock 4? I don’t want to buy accessories.

milesk182 said:

March 5th, 8:30 am

Can’t they link all our songs to a harmonix account/store so that the people that switched console family will have a chance to get all there dlc they spent so much money on? That way we log in to our harmonix account to see all our songs eliminating console proprietary?

Superstone said:

March 5th, 8:33 am

Can’t wait. Time to purchase some more dlc from Rock Band past.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

March 5th, 8:35 am

MEGATON! I always played these at a friend’s house. It’s about time I bought one for myself. Just give me a date to preorder and I’m there!

Gamer_USA- said:

March 5th, 8:36 am

I also had an impressive collection on the 360 before I jumped ship. Is there any chance of a solution where I at least don’t have to buy ALL my songs again? Perhaps some form of a voucher program where X number of my songs are free when I fire up RB4?
Some of my fondest memories are playing RB3 with friends in my living room (Rock on Looney Tunes!) but I am extremely hesitant in buying all of that again.
I remain hopeful you find an answer to this as I would love to buy into the rock band experience again!

daniel11904 said:

March 5th, 8:37 am

Just what I’ve been waiting for!!

otaku_no_bfm said:

March 5th, 8:42 am

Oh yes! My 500 track library is ready for an upgrade!

ChameleonX said:

March 5th, 8:47 am

After deciding to stick with only one console this generation, I too have a ton of DLC tracks on my 360. Surely there can be a way to verify my accounts to prove my ownership (license) of these DLC tracks and access them on PS4? Otherwise I’m not sure I would be all that interested in the new game.

zombie9 said:

March 5th, 8:56 am

PlayStation ONLY gamer here
I’m almost 40 and never played an Xbot . 20+ years on PlayStation wow seems like yesterday.

KazeEternal said:

March 5th, 8:58 am

Can you do our friends from X360 a favor and work with Sony and MS on getting our libraries to cross network boundaries. A good number of players are not sticking to brand loyalty and shouldn’t be expected too.

As for myself. Thank you :-) glad to have my collection of PS3 tracks. I hope that includes the disc tracks for import.

MrBeens said:

March 5th, 9:01 am

Not buying new peripherals. If the old ones don’t work on this version, then I’m out.

Also you will need to work extra hard to wash away the bad taste RB3 on PS3 left with the game breaking glitch of the random crash to the XMB that was ignored and never resolved after years and years.

ShamefulSinner said:

March 5th, 9:04 am

I’m semi excited for this. I’m a rocker all the way and seeing songs that are country and more on the hip hop side turns me off from the game. More metal would be awesome.

Wozman23 said:

March 5th, 9:17 am

Playing Rock Band on PS3 always seemed inferior to 360. This more than makes up for it. More Rush please, and some post-rock (sleepmakeswaves, If These Trees Could Talk) too.

breveglieri said:

March 5th, 9:23 am

ROCK BAND FOOOOUUUUURRRR!!!

ElektroDragon said:

March 5th, 9:34 am

PLEASE either let me re-use old instruments or make new ones. DO NOT force me to use a phone or a tablet as a guitar, drum, or mic or other such nonsense. I HATE THAT!

PAGE 1 2 3