Days Gone

Mar 11

14201064829_0082d667b7_z

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Coming Spring 2016

14201064829_0082d667b7_z

Neil Druckmann's Avatar Posted by on Mar 11, 2015 // Creative Director, Naughty Dog

Since we showed you our first gameplay reveal of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, more of the game and story have come together, and it’s become clear to us that this game is much more ambitious than we originally envisioned.

After spending so many years with Nathan Drake, he means a lot to the team, and telling the climactic chapter of his adventures is a task we don’t take lightly — this game deserves every bit of the attention to detail, precise pacing, and nuanced storytelling Naughty Dog is known for. So we’ve made the difficult choice of pushing the game’s release date. Giving us a few extra months will make certain that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End not only meets the team’s high standards, but the high standards that gamers have come to expect from a Naughty Dog title.

Thank you for your patience — we know the extra wait will be excruciating, but you’ll see it will be worth it as we reveal more about Uncharted 4 over the next year. The team at Naughty Dog will be heads down working through 2015 making sure that Nathan Drake’s story gets the closure it deserves. Come Spring 2016, you and Nate are in for one thrilling, emotional ride.

Bruce Straley & Neil Druckmann // Directors, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

152 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ peanut0423 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:02 am said:

Greg Miller called it.

+ Reverie_Reality on March 11th, 2015 at 6:04 am said:

Naughty Dog gets my full support in delaying the game to improve it. Every game company that does this gets my support. I don’t care how much time they need, I’d always rather have a quality product later than a half ass product now.

+ robbiejn on March 11th, 2015 at 6:05 am said:

So many great games to play this year already. I don’t mind the wait. I know they will get it right. Take your time Naughty Dog :)

+ JimmyHACK on March 11th, 2015 at 6:05 am said:

Pretty sure everyone was already expecting this.

+ VeritableHero on March 11th, 2015 at 6:06 am said:

Not unexpected. Take all the time needed to make it a fully fledged out and refined experience. You’ve earned my trust so any disappointment I feel is because I want to be playing a Naughty Dog game almost 24/7.

+ xZEEZO on March 11th, 2015 at 6:06 am said:

Take all the time you need i’m sure it will be worth it and the game will end up being a masterpiece that will be remembered for a long time

+ allangba707 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:08 am said:

As long as you get those 60fps, it’s all forgiven … almost :(

+ Mega-Sackman on March 11th, 2015 at 6:09 am said:

+ Explosio5 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:09 am said:

Take as long as you need Naugty Dog! Every game that you have developed so far has been amazing, and I’m glad you’re taking the time to make sure that Uncharted 4 meets this standard.

+ saiyanknight87 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:09 am said:

So with it being delayed I hope there’s an Uncharted Collection coming if that drops this holiday i’d be ecstatic. I will support naughty dog no matter! And I hope there’s word of a Collectors Edition for uncharted 4 pleasssse

+ whitepony02027 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:10 am said:

I don’t really get upset when a company delays a game rather than rushing out something they aren’t as proud of. Blizzard and Naughty Dog have always taught us that its worth the wait. Thank you to the producers of the game for allowing them to take the time they need to make the game we are all looking forward to. Next spring can’t get here fast enough.

+ Chris_sandler on March 11th, 2015 at 6:13 am said:

Take your time Naughty Dog! I know i will enjoy Uncharted 4 when it comes.

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 11th, 2015 at 6:13 am said:

Once again PS4 software has been poorly planned, again NOTHING for the holidays, MS has halo, Forza, Tomb raider……WTF is wrong with sony’s studios this gen? So far only bloodborne looks great, everything else has been poor. Very disappointed in Sony this gen

+ DrApollo on March 11th, 2015 at 6:14 am said:

I figured this would happen as it usually does with these high end games. The big studio wants to push the dev into a time-slot so they project sales figures into an earnings quarter. If the sales look lower than projected for a given quarter it reflects in the stock market. Its always a gamble. Naughty Dog does great work and there game will be better for it though. Can’t wait to play it in Spring 2016!

+ VeritableHero on March 11th, 2015 at 6:16 am said:

@9 An Uncharted collection would be an instant purchase. Seeing it in 1080p at 60fps. Yes, please!

+ Anddo on March 11th, 2015 at 6:17 am said:

Old news. Saw this coming unfortunately.

+ ShariusTC on March 11th, 2015 at 6:17 am said:

just make uncharted triology HD AND Demon’s souls HD for PS4, please

+ MATTLOJO on March 11th, 2015 at 6:20 am said:

Uncharted is my favorite series and I want the game to be the best it possibly can. I’m sure this is a tough decision Naughty Dog but I personally appreciate the heads up. It’s better to know now then to hear about it a few weeks before the game releases. I already have it pre-ordered so make it the best game it can be!

+ OnelShot on March 11th, 2015 at 6:20 am said:

I doubted you Greg Miller, but you were right.

It sucks, but would prefer a polished masterpiece than a buggy mess.

+ SHIN-O-B on March 11th, 2015 at 6:29 am said:

thats kinda far out

+ JnF_Gho5t on March 11th, 2015 at 6:29 am said:

Hey Neil and Bruce, I am happy you guys are honest at saying you need more time. All the best to you guys at Naughty Dog.

+ SHIN-O-B on March 11th, 2015 at 6:29 am said:

but i bet it will be the best game ever

+ billgoodyear on March 11th, 2015 at 6:32 am said:

Dang it…

+ DarkNoob78 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:33 am said:

Naughty Dog could provide free cheek slaps every time I buy one of their titles and I still wouldn’t hold it against them.

Do what you need to do Naughty Dog. However, one minor suggestion. Release anything Uncharted on the PS4 while we wait and we’ll be extra happy.

+ saab01 on March 11th, 2015 at 6:36 am said:

Wasn’t this game supposed to release fall 2015 ? Quite a jump to spring 2016 I just hope this means a better story. I want this uncharted to be the best one to remember hopefully it will be.

+ Berae on March 11th, 2015 at 6:36 am said:

That game is going to be so much fun! It sucks that it is delayed but i will wait!

+ dizeeStL on March 11th, 2015 at 6:39 am said:

Will this game have a beta for the MP like the past 2 have had?

+ RedMagster on March 11th, 2015 at 6:43 am said:

Appreciate the honesty and it’s the right call – totally support it to get a finished game we all love but gutted all the same… My most looked forward to game this year and spring 16 seems a long way away…

Need my fix of Drake!!

Go on them Naughty Dog – give us the game we’re all hoping for!!

+ KevWriter on March 11th, 2015 at 6:43 am said:

Sony Sony Sony. You know I love you, but sometimes I think you are trying to lose your lead in the US. You probably just gave MS another win this holiday season, thus the lead in the US this console generation. All people will be talking about is Halo 5 and the new Tomb Raider that MS bought. Bravo. I know you have other great games coming out this year, but you and Naughty Dog should have done whatever it takes to get this game out this fall.

+ kis6meszi on March 11th, 2015 at 6:49 am said:

Please give us the Uncharted trilogy to PS4 then!

+ cusman on March 11th, 2015 at 6:50 am said:

I am fine with delay, but I don’t wanna hear any of this closure talk. Don’t be jerks and do what Insomniac did to their Resistance franchise (killed it by keep killing player characters as part of game story).

+ Zarxce on March 11th, 2015 at 6:52 am said:

“To absolutely no ones surprise…”

+ DARK-PALAD3N on March 11th, 2015 at 6:59 am said:

take ur time we need game of the year

+ MikiliZj on March 11th, 2015 at 7:02 am said:

well,i just wanna say i hate wait.

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on March 11th, 2015 at 7:03 am said:

THE PS4 NEEDS EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE USB SUPPORT ALREADY!!! Xbox and Wii U both support them. Your advertising new games all the time but the system can’t hold more than a few. I have slow internet and I don’t want to be downloading 50+ hours for 1 game every time. Please hurry up and add the feature. Microsoft updates the Xbox One monthly and listens to the fans feedback In how to make it better.

+ svdmk-2 on March 11th, 2015 at 7:11 am said:

This is what Sony did to their fan boys,they lure you buy ps4 with all kinds of promises.Then gave you exclusive titles like order 1886 which is definely not worth ur money and time to play with.now they delay the only reason I keep this indiestation .Sorry Sony we want some real game ,not all the BS title or indiegames.Can wait to trade in ps4 today

+ cubbielovr on March 11th, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

While I wish I didn’t have to wait that long, I understand why. I say take all the time you all need to make this game something special. In Naughty Dog We Trust…

+ jrskillz56 on March 11th, 2015 at 7:16 am said:

This is for the best! Thank you ND!

+ MarinoBrea on March 11th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

They should have delayed The Order 1886 too and made sure it was at least a VERY GOOD game. In the state that game was released it’s evident it was rushed and unfinished (Those Lycans fights are crap, like done as an afterthought or built on the very last stretch of development). Shuhei Yoshida has done a great work for PS4 overall, so far, but his superiors need to tighten up his screws and pull his ear for good measure because World Wide Studios output of so-called AAA exclusives has been very underwhelming (Knack, Killzone, Driveclub, The Order 1886, and even Infamous wasn’t really earth-shattering). Step it up Shu and WWS, now it’s the time to deliver the big hits with no excuses.

+ pascalf1 on March 11th, 2015 at 7:17 am said:

With Metal Gear Solid V coming this september + everything else, I don’t mind. I will always take a delay for quality over rushing the date. Everybody was *****ing about The Last of Us beeing delayed back in 2013, but a month after release, nobody was complaining anymore! Go after it Nauthy Dog, you’re the best in the biz!

+ Blackmagic316 on March 11th, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

So… Uncharted Collection this fall with uncharted 4 beta?

+ insano_jaco on March 11th, 2015 at 7:21 am said:

I wish Naughty Dog could make an extra effort to deliver Uncharted 4 with 60fps.
The Last Of Us plays so much better at higher framerate.

We dont need chest hair simulation, we dont need veins in Drakes hand, things that you forget after playing for 30 min…
We need real improvements, something relevant for the gameplay…

+ Jayelcey on March 11th, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

“…telling the climactic chapter of his adventures is a task we don’t take lightly…”

“The team at Naughty Dog will be heads down working through 2015 making sure that Nathan Drake’s story gets the closure it deserves.”

So, this is the last game in the series then? I mean, sure, there have been rumors and speculation on A Thief’s End being the actual end, but this is the first time I’ve heard so much from someone that would actually know. If that’s the case, what a shame. I love the series, and would love to see more of Drake and Sully’s adventures.

+ FearMonkey on March 11th, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

I’m a nice person. I don’t like making snarky comments. And when I do make them I don’t make them lightly. I’m sure we’ll never know the truth behind Amy’s departure from Naughty Dog, but perhaps if that hadn’t happened, this game would’ve made it’s target date and you’d actually have competition for the Tomb Raider game I won’t get to play this Winter because of your competitor’s deep pockets. The fact I was getting an Uncharted game instead made up for it. But now I won’t have either.

Thanks.

+ Ricosama on March 11th, 2015 at 7:26 am said:

we kind of new it was coming, i for one embrace the spring exclusives, just one more year left, i fully support and believe in what naughty dog does.

+ cmdluke on March 11th, 2015 at 7:32 am said:

Please take all the time you need.

+ hakumen_wins on March 11th, 2015 at 7:33 am said:

Honestly, I’m sure many of us don’t care. NG is such an amazing Dev. Team, that whatever they needed a delay for, Well wait happily! It’s not like anyone will question your track record! Just do what you need to. There are fans waiting 14+ years for FF15. I’m sure a few months to add more polish will be fine to all with common sense. Besides, what game in history has ever come out on time?! None in my recent history! Every game gets a delay! While making something, you creatively discover there is something you can improve, if you spend that little more time you didn’t expect. Happens to all creative people who are passionate about their work! We wish you all the best!

+ Bellalara on March 11th, 2015 at 7:36 am said:

Naughty Dog whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

+ Bellalara on March 11th, 2015 at 7:38 am said:

I’m sorry Naughty Dog :( Take all the time you need and I will be anticipating next year

+ Tursinator on March 11th, 2015 at 7:42 am said:

Uncharted Trilogy Remastered on PS4 this Fall/Winter then? Please!

PAGE 1 2 3 4