Good news and bad news, all. Buckle up.
Bad news first: Jamestown+, the long-awaited PS4 release of our critically-acclaimed 4-player co-op shoot-em-up, is NOT coming out last summer like we promised. I know. You’re shocked.
Here’s the good news: Jamestown+ is coming out TOMORROW!
AND WE’RE SUPER PROUD OF IT! Here, check out this emotional short film on the topic of its release:
The original PC version of Jamestown took two years to put together. We spent an additional year on Jamestown+ for the PS4. A whole year! See that little “+” in the upper-right corner of the logo? A YEAR OF OUR LIVES IS INSIDE OF THAT “+”!
Here are some other things you’ll find tucked away inside that “+”:
– A Platinum trophy*. That’s right, we’re coming out strong with the big guns right up front.
*Seriously though: Platinum trophy. Also, earning this particular Platinum trophy comes with a bonus: a little thing called self-respect.
– The Armada Matrix: three (3) new characters, each with your choice of two (2) unique Special weapons and six (6)(!) new Shot types. You can combine these weapons/shots any way you want, as you would at a delicious salad bar… A SALAD BAR OF VENGEANCE:
*We get this question a lot, so just to be completely above-board on this issue: yes, that is a giant spaceship-sword made of Martian death crystal.
– Two completely new levels, set on the mysterious moons of Mars: The Black Garrison of Phobos, and the Shifting Sands of Deimos!
These are full-fledged, canonical Jamestown levels with brand-new art, tons of new enemy types, story sequences, full orchestral soundtracks, and huge new bosses like the Pirate Queen here:
– The original soundtrack and sound effects have all been carefully remastered for 5.1 surround sound. Honestly, I wasn’t sure this was going to make that much of a difference to the overall game experience. Tim (my brother, also our lead programmer/chieftain) was all like “Dude shut up it’s going to be amazing” and then I was all like “my man, you said that about those Hobbit movies” and then we almost had a Workplace Incident. But you guys? I WAS WRONG, REMASTERED 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MAKES A HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE.
– The Gunpowder, Treason, & Plot DLC has ALSO made the journey to your PS4, and will ALSO be available tomorrow! Four more new ships, for just two dollars?! They told us not to do it, but we couldn’t hear them over the sound of our own excited screaming!
Thanks for your patience while we brought this game in for a landing. We hope you and your friends check out Jamestown+ on PS4, available tomorrow on the Playstation Store, and have a great time exploring 17th-century British colonial Mars together! Because THAT…
…would be the greatest news of all.