Horizon Zero Dawn

Mar 18

playstationvue

PlayStation Vue Launches Today in Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by on Mar 18, 2015 // SVP, PlayStation Network

I am excited to announce that PlayStation Vue has officially launched today in Chicago, New York City, and Philadelphia on PS4 and PS3. PlayStation Vue is a new service that combines live and on-demand TV, and a cloud based DVR to stream the best TV shows, movies and sports directly to your console without a cable or satellite subscription.

PlayStation Vue

We set out to build this revolutionary product with our community of gamers in mind. This latest addition to PlayStation Network lets you experience TV the way you have always wanted it. Your favorite shows and channels will always be front and center whenever you start PlayStation Vue. When you are looking for something new and exciting to watch, powerful discovery tools will help you filter thousands of shows in just moments, so you can search less and watch more. The cloud based DVR lets you save your favorite shows with no programming conflicts and store recorded episodes for up to 28 days.

PlayStation Vue

PlayStation Vue is initially available on PS4 and PS3 in Chicago, New York City, and Philadelphia. We are working hard to deliver PlayStation Vue to more cities soon. We are also bringing PlayStation Vue to iPad in the near future.

If you are ready to start Vueing, go to PlayStation Store on your console or visit our website for more details and ongoing updates.

163 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ whereymyconary on March 18th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

How much does it cost?

+ ATOMS11 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:10 am said:

But Im in the California dessert… Im screwed.

+ xXGlassArrowXx on March 18th, 2015 at 9:10 am said:

Sweet!

+ xXGlassArrowXx on March 18th, 2015 at 9:12 am said:

Do we still get a free 2 week trial?

+ KazeEternal on March 18th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

I can’t wait till this is available in Florida and California. Stupid excited about this.

+ XJayeXCronikkX on March 18th, 2015 at 9:13 am said:

Why only in a couple cities?

+ lele1620 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

what if i have more than one console is it just locked to that specific account?????

+ centwood32 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

Will Playstation Vue have a dedicated app for the PSTV or will even be allowed to view via PS4 remote play?

+ BruceHut on March 18th, 2015 at 9:17 am said:

Are you guys coming to San Francisco?

+ whereymyconary on March 18th, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

Just read it’s 50$ for the basic cable bundle… I can get direct tv for cheaper with HBO.

+ Gunda on March 18th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

Where can I find a list of available channels for vue?

+ yentair on March 18th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

Oh snap, it’s Archer. Everyone go watch that show now if you haven’t already. Bloody brilliant.
Danger zone!

+ mixedkidbx on March 18th, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

Bout time. I live in NYC and been waiting for this forever. Not sure why i didnt get a beta invite back when they was sent out months ago, especially since ice done alot of betas for you guys, but thank god i finally can access it.

Im guessing the system auto detects that im in NYC so i can download it?

+ perrandy on March 18th, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

Weird ,the icon of vue just appeared on my ps4 now and I’m in Florida

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on March 18th, 2015 at 9:25 am said:

can i get it if im in Jersey? damit i am looking for a new service and but idk if i can wait till the end of the year. should have done the tri state area

+ Huntibilis on March 18th, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

While this is a great start, Game of Thrones is starting back up soon! Offer my movie channels and we can talk :)

+ aro52 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:27 am said:

Arizona, please.

+ panteradown2 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:30 am said:

San Francisco please

+ Joe-TFW on March 18th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

Price is way too costly to be considered worthwhile. I already pay less than this, and get all but one of the channels you have listed. The whole point of a streaming system should be to weed out the junk channels no one wants, not force bundle them yet again. But this is just cable by another name, with more strings attached and less value. Not to mention that if you have an internet service that has a data cap, then this service will easily throw you over that.

+ lele1620 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

i think there should be a price drop for Ps+ member or some sort of pass
good start Sony but i think the prices need to start at a lower tier these aren’t competitive prices …I’d go 16.99 -29.99-49.99

+ andre96dre on March 18th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

Good luck trying to enter Canada with those prices. Lots of people have all their services under one provider and get discounts. Very disappointed! I thought they would at least let us build our own packages e.g. pay per channel with maybe an access fee.

+ drpepperdude100 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

$50 is not really a bad price as long as the prices doesn’t increase each year. All of the competitors double that after the first year.

+ gerneric123 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

I was going to complain about how this isn’t on Vita, but then I looked at the price, realized I lived in Canada and had a hearty chuckle.

+ mixedkidbx on March 18th, 2015 at 9:35 am said:

Wait am i reading these comments right? This isnt a beta… we gotta pay $50 a month?

Im not home so cant check it out yet

+ paulogy on March 18th, 2015 at 9:36 am said:

Go here for plan details, but the basic costs are:

Access $49
Core $59
Elite $69

+ cimerians on March 18th, 2015 at 9:40 am said:

For 60 or 70 bucks it would be nice to be able to ditch cable once and for all but there’s no ESPN. :(

+ madmanwithabox12 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

Sony… You literally have a thing called PlayStation TV and you’re not putting your own TV service on it.

+ Iamtehgreatest on March 18th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

This is a good price point for the channels offered.

I am a huge sports fan but I DON’T care for ESPN. I most watch soccer and some basketball, but ESPN is full of talk shows.

Having NBCSN and Fox Sports 1 on the standard package is awesome. I’ll be more than likely picking this up when it comes to my city. However, the one feature I really want is viewing on the PC. I would like to be able to watch from work or a friend’s house.

+ brettzky590 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

Any chance this is coming to Canada?

+ AlexNiko120 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:44 am said:

Is this free or payant ?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on March 18th, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

Thats a kick to the groin, doubt Columbus is a top priority, no price check?

+ Insomnia999 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:46 am said:

Any timetable for more cities?
Low price tier for $20-30?
ABC, ESPN and Disney?
Besides iPad, what about other iOS, Android, set top box and smart TV devices?

WatchESPN app for ps4?

+ GoPens35 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:48 am said:

Access $49.99-50 basic channels Fox,CBS and NBC haven’t heard if ABC will ever be included.
Core $59.99-Includes access and Local sports for the region you live right now limited to the launch markets as well as BTN,Golf network and TCM.
Elite $69.99-Offers everything above (not sure if they include the regional sports in all regions) but also includes the top tier package of most providers for childrens,science and music channels. Hopefully it roles out soon and the prices stay on this point this will save me a ton of money.

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on March 18th, 2015 at 9:51 am said:

I got it as well, & I’m from Puerto Rico.

+ pointandvoid on March 18th, 2015 at 9:52 am said:

I was really excited for this as an alternative to a cable subscription, but at $70 a month (to get the channels I actually want), it would be cheaper to just get cable. First an outrageous sub price for PS Now, and now this? The new services are great, but they’re totally unaffordable.

+ DaivRules on March 18th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

When can we expect support for Playstation TV? It’s kinda in it’s name to cater to services like this.

+ KidGreengene on March 18th, 2015 at 9:57 am said:

The big draw back for me is the no ESPN, ABC or Disney. I don’t think $50 is obscene at all since this isn’t your standard ala’ cart replacement. This seems to be a full menu replacement.

+ ThaWatchman on March 18th, 2015 at 10:08 am said:

I know this will sound negative but playstation vue and playstation now are way over priced. I feel like we are forced to only choose sony backed services how about you let us choose. I would like to have tried ea access and sling tv which by the way is a better service imo since I can get espn and Disney for my kids. I was looking forward to vue but those prices are not competitive at all. Looks like I am keeping sling on my Fire tv was hoping that the playstation would be my true all in one for games and tv but not at those prices. Please give us a better price or a true al carte service or work a deal for sling so we can choose what fits us instead of you deciding what does.

+ bbsftw on March 18th, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

Hmmm really hoping for more lower choices for like 1 or 2 channels. Right now i only watch shows on Fox (Last man on earth), ABC (Forever), and AMC (TWD and Better Call Saul)

+ NYPUNK88 on March 18th, 2015 at 10:15 am said:

Good start Sony but I want to be able to choose what channels are in my plan and not forced to buy a specific bundle. If I only want to buy only 5 channels I should be able to do that! You’ll get more monthly subscribers if you allow people to buy individual channels! Please consider this option, Sony. Please! Thank you. :)

+ Brooklyn008 on March 18th, 2015 at 10:18 am said:

Dallas, TX!

+ NYPUNK88 on March 18th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

Oh man, I’m really impressed with the big moves that Sony is making lately. Keep it up, Sony! Love you! :X

+ NYPUNK88 on March 18th, 2015 at 10:28 am said:

mmm…now that I think about it base package is too expensive. It should start at $25 or $30 but $50 is a bit much I think. I want to get the service but like some others have said you can find cheaper deals from cable companies for that starter price you guys are asking for and they’ll even throw in HBO free for a year(Verizon).

+ aragost on March 18th, 2015 at 10:33 am said:

Darn. I was so looking forward to this, but compared to what I can get from Dish now for $20 or so a month I will pass and get that instead. Oh well. :(

+ Insomnia999 on March 18th, 2015 at 10:35 am said:

What about the ability to just pay for the channels you want?
Also, genre specific packages/bundles would be nice (sports, kids, etc.)
– More devices, channels and pricing options.

+1 for ea access and sling TV.
Ps now – more high quality games/less filler games and more devices.

+ KBG29 on March 18th, 2015 at 10:37 am said:

Thank You , Thank You, Thank You!!!

This is the most exiting thing that has ever happened for PlayStation. Allowing people to get rid of their cable box and replace it with a PlayStation is the most main stream thing that could ever happen. I have over a dozen people on the edge of their seats waiting to subscribe to this, between gamers and non gamers alike. PlayStation Vue should do great in moving more casual PlayStation owners to the system on a much more regular bases, which will make them much more accustom to the system, and much more likely to purchase other forms of content.

Now, Please get this out in the Seattle/Tacoma area. As I said, I have 12 different households ready in wait, to ditch the comcast to jump on PlayStation Vue.

Once again, Thank You!

+ SCoopat on March 18th, 2015 at 10:40 am said:

This is great news! Really excited to check it out, but i’m wondering about the quality, is it equal to Netflix streaming? Dolby Digital +?

I was never fully happy with the picture quality of the stuff I purchased from Sony via the Playstation, too much pixelation compared to Netflix 1080.

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on March 18th, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

Bring it To Jersey and add Bein Sports to the Channel and you have me on board.. No espn needed for me until the World cup.

+ mixedkidbx on March 18th, 2015 at 10:44 am said:

Theres no ABC, no CW. How is it you dont have all basic over the air channels

+ rjejr on March 18th, 2015 at 10:45 am said:

I pay $40 per month for most of the cable channels I want – wife still wants ESPN – and the box gives me free on demand for almost every show I watch. $50 is not really even a starting point for a discussion with what’s included at that price.

I think my TV bill is actually cheaper after my bundled phone and internet access which total $125 including all fees and taxes. I tried to cancel the tv portion once and it only saved me about $20. That woulld be a good starting price for this, $20. Sony doesn’t have to run a cable to our house, they are using our existing broadband, they don’t have to rent us a box or service it, we are using our own consoles. $20 – $35 – $50 might draw some interest.

PAGE 1 2 3 4