Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Mar 30

PS Music

Spotify Launches on PlayStation Music Today

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by on Mar 30, 2015 // SVP, PlayStation Network

PlayStation Music + Spotify

Hi everyone! In January, we announced PlayStation Music, a new music destination that brings Spotify to PS4, PS3, and Xperia mobile devices in 41 markets around the world. This exclusive partnership brings the best in music and the best in gaming together on PlayStation Network, and I am thrilled to announce that Spotify on PlayStation Music is coming to PS4 and PS3 today!

Spotify is the exclusive partner of PlayStation Music, and with more than 30 million songs and 1.5 billion playlists, PS4 users can soundtrack their gaming sessions with their favorite songs. To make controlling your music even easier PS4 and PS3 users will be able to take advantage of the Spotify Connect feature on the official Spotify app for Android/iOS. You can select a playlist, skip songs, adjust the volume, and more.

PS Music - Titles

PS Music - Song QueuePS Music - Genres and Moods

PlayStation Network users can easily link their accounts to Spotify and use their account to subscribe to Spotify’s Premium service, which is available for $9.99 per month. If you want to check out Spotify’s Premium service first, we have the following offers in place:

• Music Unlimited subscribers with accounts active as of March 29, 2015, can receive 2 months of free access to Spotify Premium
  • New and existing Spotify users who have not previously received a trial of Spotify Premium can receive one month free

This is just the beginning of Spotify on PlayStation Music, which will continue to evolve. We are working with the team at Spotify to bring new and exciting features exclusively to our platforms. You can learn more at the official site.

207 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ NEOMERCER on March 30th, 2015 at 2:38 am said:

I thought Unlimited members that were transferring only got one month!? Well 2 that’s awesome. Can’t wait to check it out. This will be great too because the iOS app never liked using WiFi it only liked cellular service and the Vita didn’t like my schools WiFi so I could only use it on my PS4. Luckily the Spotify app is a lot better! Cheers!

+ edamoud on March 30th, 2015 at 2:38 am said:

Where is it? Music Unlimited (subscribed to until 06/15) has stopped working, Spotify isn’t available yet, any idea?

+ gerneric123 on March 30th, 2015 at 2:39 am said:

Vita never?

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 30th, 2015 at 2:45 am said:

Just curious, how is this any different from having my MP3 files on a USB?

+ jlcaloca89 on March 30th, 2015 at 2:51 am said:

Will there be any special deals or discounts for PS Plus members?

+ GwadaBoy on March 30th, 2015 at 3:04 am said:

My question is, will users have the ability of playing a game while streaming music from Spotify?

+ ExMimic on March 30th, 2015 at 3:06 am said:

@edamoud
They said it’s launching today. Today just started.

+ d-Canada-b on March 30th, 2015 at 3:06 am said:

Yes been waiting since January

+ Soliduss_hun on March 30th, 2015 at 3:07 am said:

I remember they said it wil come to the VITA?

+ freshprincepbg on March 30th, 2015 at 3:10 am said:

I really liked Music Unlimited though :/

Please bring this to Vita also. Support your stuff Sony.

+ xel77 on March 30th, 2015 at 3:10 am said:

Why is the Vita not supported?

+ singhb13 on March 30th, 2015 at 3:22 am said:

Thank you so much my ps4 experience is just getting better with these added features. Thank you Sony PS4 Rocks.

+ KBG29 on March 30th, 2015 at 3:49 am said:

#PlayStationVita I have been subscribing and listening to Music Unlimited 8 hours a day via AT&T 3G on my 3G PlayStation Vita. $9.99 has been set aside every month for 3 years. I would love the oppertunity to continue my donation to the music industry, but first you have to bring it to the only device I listen to music on.

Bring PlayStation Music to PlayStation Vita

Support PlayStation Vita

Finally, I have had the Xperia Z and the Z3. I am done buying Android and iOS smartphones, so you can stop trying to push in that direction. If I wanted Anrdoid or iOS I would not have a PlayStation 4. I want a PlayStation at home, and a PlayStation for the road. PS4 and the 3G Vita fill those needs. If you want people to use the Google Play Store instead of the PlayStation Store then just come out and say it. I will gladly dump my 2 Vitas, 2 PS3’s, and my PS4 if thats the case.

+ FATHASUN on March 30th, 2015 at 4:13 am said:

Ditto on the Vita requests! Make it happen Sony. ASAP!

+ mixedkidbx on March 30th, 2015 at 4:31 am said:

Its up right now. Just turn on the PS4. I just started up Spotify!

+ Maluraq on March 30th, 2015 at 4:46 am said:

The ‘official site’ where we can learn more still says “More information coming soon” and I can’t find the link for downloading my Music Unlimited playlists; the link doesn’t work.

+ Maluraq on March 30th, 2015 at 4:55 am said:

This was easily the most frustrating transition I’ve ever had to deal with in technology; cancelling access to Music Unlimited playlists the day *before* the new system is available, not having information up a week or month in advance for people to plan their transitions, just “more information coming soon” until the last minute. Thanks for moving to Spotify, no thanks for leaving us hanging all month wondering how the transition would work.

+ mixedkidbx on March 30th, 2015 at 4:59 am said:

Sony & Spotify:

Please bring visualizers to the app. i would rather be able to set a channel and then have the visualizers showing. It would be a great feature for like when you laying down to go to sleep. You have whatever music you want on and the visualizers would light up the room in colors while you fall asleep.

Just seeing album covers is so boring. Bring some more options. Maybe even add screen savers, pic albums scrolling, and so on.

+ banjo5150 on March 30th, 2015 at 5:12 am said:

This has to come to Vita. If it doesn’t I am going to lose my mind. Please Sony.

+ XxSweetRevengexX on March 30th, 2015 at 5:18 am said:

Do free accounts still get to use Spotify on PS4 or do I need to get a premium account?

+ Strangeheaven on March 30th, 2015 at 5:19 am said:

There’s no option to delete this app from the task bar. Great yet more clutter on my taskbar that im FORCED to have. Give people the option to delete if they don’t want it.

+ mixedkidbx on March 30th, 2015 at 5:25 am said:

@19

why would you not want a free music app to use? Any way.. if you highlight it the task bar, press the options button on the controller, select delete, and there you go. Unless it still pops up again when you start the PS4… then i dont know what to tell you

+ mixedkidbx on March 30th, 2015 at 5:25 am said:

@18

+ ninja-gamer9 on March 30th, 2015 at 5:38 am said:

Why is spotify not on Vita? Please Sony do not turn the Vita to a useless device. I enjoyed having all the music of the world on my little Vita. First they cancel the YouTube App now music unlimited, what s wrong with Sony?!!!

+ Malechai78 on March 30th, 2015 at 5:41 am said:

Just installed Spotify. Works great! But I still have the music unlimited tile that is now useless. When or how does this get removed?

+ Skater_Ricky on March 30th, 2015 at 5:42 am said:

Wow, people crying over there Vita. I own a Vita and I don’t cry over it.

Time to go down stairs and fire up the PS4 and test this baby out. ✌

+ Skater_Ricky on March 30th, 2015 at 5:44 am said:

@23 @Malechai78

My guess Next Firmware update will remove it.

+ Dragonchasers on March 30th, 2015 at 5:58 am said:

#6 Yes, you start Playstation Music, get your music going then just head back to the dashboard to launch your game.

+ Elvick_ on March 30th, 2015 at 5:58 am said:

@25: You’d think they would have removed it with the last update given how quickly Spotify came out after it. Maybe they didn’t know when it’d be ready though.

Hopefully the update isn’t far off.

+ Strangeheaven on March 30th, 2015 at 6:05 am said:

@20

Lol I’ve just deleted it . So basically you have to download the free app first before it gives you the option to delete it. So I had to waste 9.8mb to delete the app. Sony you sure do work in mysterious ways.

+ saab01 on March 30th, 2015 at 6:11 am said:

Just to make sure Spotify will be free to listen to through the ps4 but it will be in shuffle mode where it chooses random songs. If I get a subscription than I get to listen to any song I want right?

+ Wingman_SRK on March 30th, 2015 at 6:14 am said:

Just some feedback, All of the albums I added to My Music from the mobile app appear as individual songs on the PS4. It would be great if I could display them as albums, then access the songs from the album playlist. Would make browsing much easier! I had Music Unlimited for the last few months, and always had tge option to do that.

+ perrandy on March 30th, 2015 at 6:14 am said:

i was waiting eagerly for this thank you #playstationsonyteam!

+ saab01 on March 30th, 2015 at 6:15 am said:

Will I be able to listen to music in game with the free sub to spotify?

+ joaryche on March 30th, 2015 at 6:21 am said:

Please support the vita… are we supposed to remote play to the ps4 to listen to it? sounds like a waste to me.

+ mixedkidbx on March 30th, 2015 at 6:21 am said:

@29

Yes free mode works the same… just has very few commercials once and awhile.

Just start the app, use the free option and explore the app. you will find the answers to your questions

+ DragonessHera on March 30th, 2015 at 6:21 am said:

Oh look, I need to play another 10 games to knock off this app from my dashboard. At least this one isn’t downloaded automatically like PS Now was.

+ solo25 on March 30th, 2015 at 6:29 am said:

One of the promises you all made in pushing plus was that there would be discounts. Well, you just released two gamechangers in the Playstation Vue, and now Spotify, without an announcement for a discount for plus subscribers. I get it, you all just launched and your trying to feel your customer base out. That base would be a much larger one, had you you all given a discount. IJS. #leavingmoneyonthetable

+ Strangeheaven on March 30th, 2015 at 6:30 am said:

@35

Download the app first, then it will give you the option to delete.

+ juggalorider on March 30th, 2015 at 6:38 am said:

This is garbage just like music unlimited, i want my music on my ps4, not some lame app

+ chavez1138 on March 30th, 2015 at 6:41 am said:

Too bad I use Google Play Music All Access…

+ ossiecastro5 on March 30th, 2015 at 7:08 am said:

Will PS3 users be able to listen to music in the background using Spotify?

+ xolan99 on March 30th, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Crickey, this is a free app that will enhance the experience for millions of Spotify subscribers + PS4 users and you guys still find a way to whine and complain.

Is being happy not possible with you guys?

+ OnTheBus666 on March 30th, 2015 at 7:13 am said:

Agree with 16 visualizers is a must and if I can make a request get something from sound spectrum like aeon or wave shape

+ OnTheBus666 on March 30th, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

And his is going to be he best thing to happen to gtav

+ OnTheBus666 on March 30th, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

Oh and I have a 50+ metal and doom public playlist for bloodborne everyone should check it out!

+ Sangetsu-II on March 30th, 2015 at 7:22 am said:

Wish there was a Vita version for spotify on the gaming go.

+ Elvick_ on March 30th, 2015 at 7:26 am said:

App is really awesome so far.

Though I do wish it could push to last.fm and facebook. It doesn’t appear to do so.

+ EGGS_ONE on March 30th, 2015 at 7:29 am said:

Thanks SONY! This is AWESOME!

+ monkeywoof on March 30th, 2015 at 7:34 am said:

You can play games while listening to your spotify music, but you need to change the audio settings in the game

PAGE 1 2 3 5