Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 08

dxmd

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed for PS4

dxmd

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar Posted by on Apr 08, 2015 // Executive Game Director, Eidos-Montréal

Hello PlayStation Nation! I’m Jean-Francois Dugas, Executive Game Director at Eidos-Montréal. Eight years ago, we set out to revive the Deus Ex franchise, which held a very special place in my heart both as a gamer and a developer. In 2011, after a lot of love and effort was put into it, we released Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the very first game to be created at our studio. It was a terrific achievement for us, and we were more than ready to take the series to the next level.

Today, we are extremely proud and excited to present you with the announcement trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is coming soon to PS4. Switch off the lights, turn up the volume and make sure to watch it in full screen and 1080p!

We’ve had the pleasure of working in collaboration with Square Enix’s Visual Works studio for this trailer, to introduce the setting of Mankind Divided. The game takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea, which ended the golden era of human augmentation. These terrible events scarred the world and caused augmented people to be segregated and deemed as outcasts.

Mankind Divided also sees the return of Adam Jensen as our main character, who is now a counter-terrorism agent playing by his own rules. Equipped with all new augmentations, Jensen will travel across the world to unravel a vast conspiracy involving secret organizations, which are working behind the scenes in an attempt to control the fate of mankind.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS4
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS4

We are fully committed to creating an uncompromising Deus Ex experience: choice and consequence is at the heart of everything we do, whether it be for story, gameplay, customization or exploration. As you can imagine, we will have quite a lot to show you in the coming months.

Let us know what you think – we’re looking forward to reading your comments. Thanks for your support!

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS4
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS4

PAGE 1 2 3

+ HIhi2442 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

I have yet to even play Human Revolution and I purchased it shortly after it originally released.

+ jonnyzombieboy on April 8th, 2015 at 9:08 am said:

This looks SO AMAZING!!! Jean-Francois, thanks for the official reveal today. Human Revolution is one of my favorite games for the last generation of consoles; I’m amazed by the ways that cyberpunk affected the sociopolitical narrative and world-building (I wrote an essay about it and included it in my last book). I personally always stick with stealth and hacking in my Deus Ex experiences and can’t wait to give this a spin when it releases.

+ LTWOOD12 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:09 am said:

Can’t tell you how happy I am to see a sequel to Human Revolution. Can’t wait to jump back into Adam Jensen’s shoes!

+ spacedelete2 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:14 am said:

any chance of a Dues Ex human revolution remaster ?

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Jean-Francois Dugas on April 8th, 2015 at 1:31 pm said:

Ahahahahahah!!! Let’s focus on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ;P

+ KazeEternal on April 8th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

Hopefully these pre-renders are target for the in game visuals. I remember being so disappointed that HR wasn’t on par with the trailers. Anyway can’t wait to play it.

+ ArchAngelMai on April 8th, 2015 at 9:15 am said:

Thanks for the amazing reveal trailer. Looking forward to your 12 page spread in GameInformer. Don’t make us wait too long :)

#cantkillprogress

+ Cyberdyne78 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:17 am said:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was awesome, I am thrilled for mankid divided! iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhháaaaaaaaaa!!!

+ willianmarques on April 8th, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

“I never asked for this”

Sorry guys, I had to do it. :¬D

+ ArchAngelMai on April 8th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

@5 Yeah games haven’t quite reached that quality yet. The Order is possibly the most beautiful game ever made to date, and doesn’t reach that level. We’re a long ways from games making your eyes bleed, and it won’t be on PS4. As powerful as PS4 is, its hardware is that of a high end 2012 pc.

+ Kurnalklank on April 8th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

Looks so good, love the continued symbolism of Icarus in that first screenshot.

+ Jhonax on April 8th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

This is so freakin’ amazing!!!! I got the platinum for Human Revolution after doing the stealth playthrough… I can’t wait to get this! Eidos Montreal rocks!!!

+ bob-droid12 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

I only played through and beatenHuman Revolution once but I thought it was a good game. Going to try to go back to it tonight. Can’t wait for this game to come out now. Looks awesome. I really hope there going to be a better focus on hand-to-hand combat as this trailer suggested.

+ KnifingGrimace on April 8th, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

Day one buy.

+ fuglyfred916 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

I got the entire Deus Ex franchise in a Humble Bundle last summer and was blown away with how great these games were. Human Revolution was just friggin brillant and I can’t wait to add this title to my collection.

+ ygoloib on April 8th, 2015 at 9:26 am said:

so what ending (if any) or action from human revolution does this story follow?

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Jean-Francois Dugas on April 8th, 2015 at 1:51 pm said:

The trailer gives us a good idea of what ending is (sort of) canon in terms of the last game climactic events.
    That being said, all endings sport a bit of truth, rumors and whatnot that got spread around the world. So, in a way, the answer to the question is more complex than just identifying one official ending.

+ Kevvik on April 8th, 2015 at 9:35 am said:

While I would like to think that the Deus Ex experience from the original game (and to a smaller extent, the recent generation redux) will be maintained, this looks like melee combat will be the predominating factor not stealth. Too many wide open confrontations, at least in the cut scenes shown. Games developers just don’t seem to see that the tension built from stealth can be just as enjoyable if not more so that combat.

The original Thief – The Dark Project, where at higher difficulty levels killing someone was a mission fail, is still a pinnacle that really hasn’t been reached since. Even where stealth is encouraged (but generally treated as a tacked-on option) in some current games, its generally just not done well, be it poor mechanics or just incredibly stupid AI.

MGS is the only game left that almost gets it right but other than as an achievement or a specific mission option, you still usually have the out of killing an enemy if you think it’s too much work to do stealthily.

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Jean-Francois Dugas on April 8th, 2015 at 1:57 pm said:

DXHR and DXMD aren’t stealth nor combat games. They are what you want them to be. It has always been our goal to let you choose the way you want to approach things.
    And for me, it is important that combat becomes as satisfying as stealth can be. It’s a question of balancing both approaches in such way that everybody can have fun with the preferred play-style.

+ Haseo106 on April 8th, 2015 at 9:41 am said:

Better a PS4 exclusive since SQ made the new Tomb Raider a X1 time-exclusive!

+ Mjolnirs on April 8th, 2015 at 9:43 am said:

@17 The game is also coming to PC (and almost certainly look at its most gorgeous there).

+ Seluhir on April 8th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

Is this going to be another game that could have been good but was ruined by their insistence on going first person?

+ zingakun on April 8th, 2015 at 9:55 am said:

Will we really play with Adam? That other guy shown in the trailer looks so much like him. Is he his son? It would be great if he was the real protagonist!

+ Skater_Ricky on April 8th, 2015 at 9:57 am said:

Game looks cool from the reveal trailer.

I haven’t played Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Will I be missing out on something if I play the new game coming soon?

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Jean-Francois Dugas on April 8th, 2015 at 1:59 pm said:

Our goal is to make the new game satisfying for those who played DXHR without alienating newcomers. The way we’re building the story, the world state, etc., you should have a very good understanding of what happened without having played it.
    However, if you really want the full deal, you should play HR. Apparently the game is fun ;)

+ Cat_and_Rabbit on April 8th, 2015 at 9:58 am said:

When I finished Human Revolution after the credits finished I just booted up a new game because I loved the world you created so much. I’m so excited and happy to go back into the world of Dues Ex

+ LoVe4DaGaMe on April 8th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

Remaster Human Revolution so I can play it on my PS4! I don’t have my PS3 hooked up in my main gaming room and this game looks freaking intense!

+ rdgneoz3 on April 8th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

Game looks good. Hopefully the boss fights aren’t outsourced to another company again (the worst part of HR, loved everything else)

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Jean-Francois Dugas on April 8th, 2015 at 2:14 pm said:

I already mentioned in the past that the reason why bosses weren’t what they could have been is not related to the fact they were outsourced.
    The boss problems are due to many internal factors and in the end, I had to make tough decisions that didn’t go the way.

We did a way better job on the Missing Link and Mankind Divided won’t repeat Human Revolution’s fault on the subject.

+ boxmyth on April 8th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

Yeah, this is a no-brainer pickup for me. I loved the last Deus Ex on PS3.

+ twinspectre on April 8th, 2015 at 10:14 am said:

i will know for fact that this game is gonna be a Dumbed Down experience and it also will have Hand Holding with linear gameplay
compared to the first DeusEx released back in 2000

and this is sad and pathetic

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on April 8th, 2015 at 10:18 am said:

Please read our comment policy.

+ IcedDice777 on April 8th, 2015 at 10:19 am said:

Will buy based on how much i enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

My only disappointment with the previous game were the Not so great endings. Apparently none of those endings will be cannon (a good decision imo).

Looking forward to the inevitable Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Collector’s edition. Would love a nice Adam Jensen figure next to my Lara croft figurine.

Ps. Would be open to a Deus Ex: Human revolution Game of the year REMASTER only if it’s done RIGHT :)

My.02

+ Welmosca on April 8th, 2015 at 10:21 am said:

Very disappointed with this game,when I first saw Deus Ex:Human Revolution I always knew the real message that the game brings.”the acceptance of augmentation”…but now 1:30 you’re not even trying to hide it anymore hu?…eeh disgusting but still,this was a great trailer.

Anyway the 1st one was a good game,now if you guys could just made this one fully in 3rd person…the game would be way better.

@5 KazeEternal – Its about time to understand that games do not look like their CGIs reveals,everytime a game gets announced with a CGI there are people saying “I hope the game will look like this”…this is CGI and the game will look nothing like this,especially considering its square and game is multiplat.The Order was the only game capable of making its in-game cut-scenes look like CGIs,no wonder The Order has the best graphics along with Driveclub.

+ Tatanka2007 on April 8th, 2015 at 10:22 am said:

Deus Ex, the original, was and still is an awesome gaming experience. Deus Ex: Human Revolution really managed to capture everything that was quintessentially wonderful about it and give gamers another great experience. It’s probably the only game I know that really granted players freedom of choice and executed it seamlessly. If you wanted to make your experience a stealth based one, you could do that. If you wanted to use a guns-blazing approach, you could do that. Whichever direction you steered your character, the developers designed the world to accommodate it flawlessly. I’m sure that many are with me in definitely looking forward to the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided!

+ pikoale on April 8th, 2015 at 10:27 am said:

I like the reboot original too much. Please, please don’t waste the potential of this franchise with a money grab. Make this story good.

+ OnTheBus666 on April 8th, 2015 at 10:41 am said:

Woah guys I don’t know what you were all playing but DE:HR was an awesome game, sure the stealth elements weren’t possible through 100% of the game but it was just as good as the first. The first one just had a very stripped down tutorial and higher difficulty. Just play HR on hard and voila! Very excited for this one and it’ll be a day one purchase for me. Only hope that they bring back the blue sword from the original.

+ MARLLOW-X on April 8th, 2015 at 10:42 am said:

No Boss Fights Please

+ TesseractE on April 8th, 2015 at 10:42 am said:

Deus Ex was one of my all-time favs. I look forward to what the Laputin Machines and Flatlander Women at Eidos are able to push out on the PS4.

*waits for explosions…*

+ theuselesshero on April 8th, 2015 at 10:48 am said:

Will this lead to a PS4 HD copy of Human Revolution Director’s Cut?

+ Mister_Zurkon on April 8th, 2015 at 10:52 am said:

Collectors Edition announcement when?

+ Crazymanwalking1 on April 8th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

So glad Human Revolution was offered for free to Plus members, or i would’ve never gotten into this amazing series. Never tried the original but HR was mind-blowing for me (thank god i didn’t skip over it like i do with most + games)

I already watched this trailer 10 times -today- it gives me MAJOR chills down my spine, i really hope there is a Collectors Ed. planned because i would order in a heartbeat until then i will have the stand-alone game pre-ordered

Thank you Jean-Francois Dugas & Eidos-Montréal
wishing you the best in the development of Mankind Divided

Jean-Francois Dugas's Avatar

+ Jean-Francois Dugas on April 8th, 2015 at 2:17 pm said:

In the name of the team who is hard at work on the new game, thank you! We deeply hope you will enjoy it!

+ dkarlowicz10 on April 8th, 2015 at 11:07 am said:

Is there going to be Deus Ex: Human Revolution Remaster? It would be nice to see as well.

+ dkarlowicz10 on April 8th, 2015 at 11:11 am said:

Please bring Tomb Raider and Deus Ex to PS Vita (not just Remote Play). Also, you guys are part of Square Enix. Any chance of Hitman HD Trilogy or Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for Vita? Bring some games to Vita. You guys are great.

+ medenko1975 on April 8th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

ANY date of release?

+ KwietStorm on April 8th, 2015 at 11:18 am said:

Human Revolution was one of my favorite games last generation, and it was surprisingly good, compared to the original. Want. Want right now.

+ Souledge94 on April 8th, 2015 at 11:23 am said:

the problem is since this game doesint carry anything over doesint that make everything we did in the first one pointless. Whats the cannon run from the first game?

+ SLEEPYsleep on April 8th, 2015 at 11:29 am said:

from the looks of it this looks like this will be one of the best games that I’ve ever played in my entire damn life (just like human Revolution was.) the only things I’d like to see you upgraded are , I’d like to see more stealth play and to have a little bit more free range in how I go about things. In Human Revolution when I reached a level I could tackle it just about any way I wanted but the end game was always the same, I’d like different outcomes for different actions if possible, like entire cutscenes of story that I didn’t see because I didn’t explore a certain part of town or couldn’t defeat a specific enemy and ran away and complete the level before I beat him,UK things like that

+ gold_og_roger on April 8th, 2015 at 11:31 am said:

I’m excited for this. I enjoyed the first Deus Ex on PC, and Human revolution on consoles. I hope the lighting is very dynamic, and that stealth play is included. I’m still working on replaying the Director’s cut for all the trophies.

+ plaztiksyke on April 8th, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

can we get the Director’s Cut of Human Revolution on PS4 in the meantime?

Also, I’d love to see the original Deus Ex as an “HD” version for PS3/4/Vita like was recently done for Duke Nukem 3D. It seems like there’s a lot of these remastered classics from the early 2000s coming out on iOS, but not PlayStation :/

+ plaztiksyke on April 8th, 2015 at 11:37 am said:

Are there any LGBT characters? are there romantic branching paths for the player to choose from?

New lighting system looks good in the stills! The biggest wart in Human Revolution was the extremely stiff facial and mouth animations. will facial mo-cap be done with the actors this time?

any interesting uses of the DualShock 4 being planned (touchpad, light bar, camera, motion controls, etc)?

+ Bad_Brains on April 8th, 2015 at 11:54 am said:

Yeeeeesssssssssssssssssss! I am always down for cyberpunk goodness. Such a great series of games. Definitely picking this one up.

+ defCOBRA on April 8th, 2015 at 12:25 pm said:

This is gonna be freakin amazing. Loved Human Revolution.

+ DOC_INCOGNITO on April 8th, 2015 at 12:28 pm said:

Nice. HR was one of the best games of the last generation.

Can we get a PS4 bundle with this? it’s high time i make the jump.

+ MakoSoul on April 8th, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

Wait, “coming soon”? Does that really mean coming soon, or it just a manner of speech?

Soon would be like, this year.

+ Ethereal on April 8th, 2015 at 12:34 pm said:

Simply fantastic! I want to share my admiration for Human Revolution and the team at Montreal. Very happy to see more Deus Ex coming as I immensely enjoyed my time with HR. Looking forward to getting back in Adam’s shoes! Consider a copy purchased. Keep up the outstanding work!! Any news on a collector’s edition? Hm? Hmmm?

PAGE 1 2 3